#1 Edited by The Stegman (20723 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, here's the stitch. I usually don't participate in too many manga vs comic battles, because frankly, I don't really care for them. However, since all the cool kids are doing it nowadays, I suppose I will too. I will also try to use at least vaguely popular characters so people will know of them a little. 

SCENARIO: 

Two supremely powerful beings who both resemble Goku and Superman are having a disagreement. One claims that the Japanese Manga is the greatest form of entertainment, the other says it is American Comic books. So to settle their bet (because their thumb wrestling match ended in a draw) they asked warriors from both cultures to participate in a battle to settle it. Unfortunately, many of the would be participants were busy and couldn't make it, so they had to settle for a select few.... 

RULES: 
-Normal Morals apply 
-No BFR allowed  
-Random Encounter, no prep. 
-No Speed Blitz allowed for the first 2 minutes 
-Fight takes place in the Nevada Desert 
-Fighters start off 20 Meters (65 Ft) apart.  

Team Comics: 
-Terra (New 52/Ravagers)
-Cyclops 
-Wonder Girl (New 52 version)
-Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) 
-Namor 
-Iron Man (current armor) 

Team Manga: 
-Edward Elric (Full Metal Alchemist)
-Death The Kid w/ Patti and Liz (Soul Eater)  -Symmetry OCD off. 
-Neji Hyuga (Naruto Shippuden) (For this battle, he's alive and well) 
-Byakuya Kuchiki (Bleach)
-Kallen Kozuki in the knightmare frame "Guren MK II"  (Code Geass)
-Sanji (One Piece)  

WHO WINS?? 
#2 Posted by JediXMan (27924 posts) - - Show Bio

Code Geass characters! I applaud you, sir!

... that said, I don't know much about the other Anime characters, so...

#3 Posted by The Stegman (20723 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:

Code Geass characters! I applaud you, sir!

... that said, I don't know much about the other Anime characters, so...

I love Code Geass! But yeah, this is why I usually don't like Manga v Comic characters, there's a very select few who know enough about both to strike good arguments >.<
#4 Posted by Wyldsong (4156 posts) - - Show Bio

I will bump this, because I am curious to see if this experiment will succeed. That being said, I only know about one of the anime team members...

#5 Posted by JediXMan (27924 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman:

I'm a big fan of Code Geass.

Yeah, that's a problem I've come across, too. I'm trying to make good Code Geass and Hellsing threads, but not enough people know more beyond the main characters.

#6 Posted by Floopay (7700 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@The Stegman:

Yeah, that's a problem I've come across, too. I'm trying to make good Code Geass and Hellsing threads, but not enough people know more beyond the main characters.

People keep recommending Code Geass to me. Hellsing I know extremely well, but as you said, most people don't. I would love to make a Pip Bernadotte thread, but I doubt many people know who he is.

That being said.

Death the Kid can take on many of these characters on his own, and would be dang near impossible to put down. He had a whole torn through his stomach, and regenerated in less than a second. He bypasses any and all durability advantages that any of these characters have, because his bullets shoot directly into a person's soul and not into their body or armor.

He's a mach level speedster, he can effortlessly kick craters into concrete, and he has flight. Plus his durability is not to be ignored either.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#7 Posted by The Stegman (20723 posts) - - Show Bio
@Floopay: I was afraid of using Kid for that very reason :( I was hoping Capt. Marvel would be a good match against him. 
#8 Posted by JediXMan (27924 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

@JediXMan said:

@The Stegman:

People keep recommending Code Geass to me. Hellsing I know extremely well, but as you said, most people don't. I would love to make a Pip Bernadotte thread, but I doubt many people know who he is.

Watch it; Code Geass is amazing. The new OVA... not as good, but it's okay. Watch the actual series first.

Pip might be interesting, but as you said, most people don't know who he is. All anybody seems to know is Alucard.

#9 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

Team anime, wait where is this. Anyway batman is fodder here, and Elric transforms ironman's armor to dust or something or dirt. Luffyblue stuffs Namur. And the rest is cake.

#10 Posted by Floopay (7700 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@Floopay: I was afraid of using Kid for that very reason :( I was hoping Capt. Marvel would be a good match against him.

I think she would be his biggest threat here to be honest. Her and maybe Namor.

Iron Man could also be a threat, but he's not nearly as enhanced as those two under his suit, which leaves him exposed to Death the Kid's bullets whereas the others have that natural boost that makes them hard targets for him (as proven by Mosquito, who's extra durable body was resistant to many soul based attacks).

But I think much of the anime team could help handle her and the others. I don't know much of some of these guys, but Edward Elric is going to be rough to deal with. He can terraform giant pillars of Earth that would likely crush Cyclops, or Batman. Spider Man, and Namor would give him a heck of a fight, but I think he could keep up with, or possibly even put those two down as well. Maybe not Namor, but I think he would put down Spider Man.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#11 Posted by Floopay (7700 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Floopay said:

@JediXMan said:

@The Stegman:

Watch it; Code Geass is amazing. The new OVA... not as good, but it's okay. Watch the actual series first.

Pip might be interesting, but as you said, most people don't know who he is. All anybody seems to know is Alucard.

I debated Alexander Anderson (Manga version, Pre-Nail) vs. Ghost Rider once against CadenceV2. I also debated Seras Victoria (manga version, post-blood drinking) against one of his Space Marine commanders. Also did Pip Bernadotte in one of CadenceV2's tourneys (composite feats), and Walter C. Dornez (Manga Version) against Monkey D. Luffy.

I like Alucard as a character, but he's hard to use in battle. I dislike debating with characters who don't have clearly defined limits, which is why I like using the supporting cast more than the main cast.

Was tempted to do a new debate with the Captain.

Thanks for reading,

Flooapy

#12 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

After that bayakuya may be able to solo from ther, maybe with a little help from Neil

#13 Posted by JediXMan (27924 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay:

You should do a debate with the Captain; the Captain is great.

#14 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

I meant neji

#15 Posted by Floopay (7700 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Floopay:

Agreed, the other big one would be Seras Pre-Blood Drinking. I think a lot of people really underestimate her as a character.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#16 Posted by JediXMan (27924 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

@JediXMan said:

@Floopay:

Agreed, the other big one would be Seras Pre-Blood Drinking. I think a lot of people really underestimate her as a character.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I think she's decent, but not that powerful pre-blood.

#17 Posted by boschePG (1969 posts) - - Show Bio

Manga. Kuchiki could probably solo all of MARVEL

#18 Posted by Floopay (7700 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Floopay said:

@JediXMan said:

@Floopay:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Heh, I'd debate with her up against some of the best of the best (street levelers at least), if you ever wanna do a CaV against Pre-Blood Drinking Seras, lemme know.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#19 Posted by JediXMan (27924 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

@JediXMan said:

@Floopay said:

@JediXMan said:

@Floopay:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Heh, I'd debate with her up against some of the best of the best (street levelers at least), if you ever wanna do a CaV against Pre-Blood Drinking Seras, lemme know.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Oh, yeah. I'd put her against street levelers, but not really higher than that.

#20 Posted by UltimateHero0406 (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: Nice matchup.

Team anime takes the win

#21 Posted by The Stegman (20723 posts) - - Show Bio
@Floopay: Made a change in the roster to make it a bit more even!
#22 Posted by Floopay (7700 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@Floopay: Made a change in the roster to make it a bit more even!

Terra is an interesting addition. Dunno who I'd pick now.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#23 Edited by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a great match up, know the characters, but not sure of the outcome. I'll have to think a bit more.

#24 Posted by dondave (26570 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman:Dos Terra have any high durability or speed feats because I can see Death the Kid weaving around her attacks on his skateboard and shooting her

#25 Posted by The Stegman (20723 posts) - - Show Bio
@dondave said:

@The Stegman:Dos Terra have any high durability or speed feats because I can see Death the Kid weaving around her attacks on his skateboard and shooting her

Oh, Kid doesn't have his board for this fight, which is why I only listed Liz and Patty as weapons.  

As for Terra's durability, she manged to take Brother Blood's TK aftershock blast without taking too much damage, and survived a security tornado Niles Caulder came up with. There's probably more, but I'd have to look them up in some of my back issues. 
#26 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7778 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Sanji in Character

#27 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThatGuyWithHeadPhones said:

Is Sanji in Character

If so he wouldn't hurt the women, but he will punt cyke's head clean off

#28 Posted by NeonGameWave (7205 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Manga win after a really good fight.

#29 Posted by The Stegman (20723 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rumble Man said:

@ThatGuyWithHeadPhones said:

Is Sanji in Character

If so he wouldn't hurt the women, but he will punt cyke's head clean off

Sanji is willing to fight women  in this battle
#30 Edited by Dextersinister (5077 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on whether you consider stylised anime speed a thing or just a way of showing good reflexes. If it's a thing this is far from balanced.

Also given the scenario you probably shouldn't have picked people who are way to busy to be it such as Namor and Cyclop's.