• 56 results
Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Paytience

Vuviper and I discussed a little via PM and Wall post, but I haven't gotten back until now. Here was the basic discussion (note: He DID provide scans, but I haven't copied them to post yet. Will do)

"Hey, sorry about replying here. I keep getting hit by post limits. I think it's because me and my cousin both post here, and share an i.p. maybe? But I like the info you're sending. :) I'm aware what the general speeds are...my point being that you still have to show the Flash is faster then not only that speed, but that he can cover the distance to mags, before he can make the decision, which he does at a "pre-cognitive" rate. Also, conduction rates are higher in Mags because his powers manipulate every aspect of his body, including his intelligence and the speed at which he processes information. Meaning, that Magneto's neurons conduct at rate significantly higher than the normal human when his powers are being exercised. Speeding up and enhancing or strengthening neuron conductivity and bonding on a sub-atomic level is LITERALLY how Magneto's powers to enhance himself are defined. Meaning, I'm not putting my argument in strictly speed; I'm putting it in speed+Magneto's tendency to predict movement's before they happen in combat. I'm also aware that I have to show he has this type of ability, but I feel that his showings in combat display that sort of "6th sense." Basically, I'm saying Mag's is fast enough to predict what's gonna happen and stop it. Not that Flash can move and Mag's is stopping him. I'm thinking if the X-Men move second, they ain't moving. I'm arguing stricly from a static standpoint though. I could of just pointed out that Mag's almost has a personal shield up, and only needs to consciously expand it to fit everyone else. "

NOTE: AT THIS POINT HE DID RESPOND WITH SCANS.

Thank you to Vuviper.

His scans showed Flashes reaction time. However, they only show him STATING that he reacts in a femtoscond; not any actual action on panel of him actually doing it. We have no idea how fast he was moving, as he didn't dodge anything moving at Femtosecond speeds. He also showed the scans of Flsah plucking bullets out of the air. My response was such:

These scans show Flashes reaction...it has no bearing whatsoever on his ATTACK speed. Reaction speed is your ability to recognize and respond; attack speed is the ability to cover the distance between yourself and your target. So yes, he might be able to read and react before Magneto's powers reach him; but if Magnus is putting up a shield, can he react AND cover the distance the between him and Magneto before Magneto's shields go up? I'll say no.

Also, the enhanced conduction is character CANON. The basic understanding is simple:The smarter that a person is, the faster the brain computes, and generally speaking, conducts. This is true, scientific fact. You posted evidence in the thread. The brain of a genius conducts at micro second speeds. Magneto,(or a Character like Starks for example) is able to calculate at levels faster, and FAR beyond even the smartest human...the only way to do this is to increase the speed at which your brain conducts. For Tony, it is Canon that he does that. It is lieterally stated that someone like Starks processes multiple times faster than the normal human, which means thought speeds easily surpass microsecond conductivity. With Magnus however, you are right, that is assumption based on powers, but I believe it is a sound one. His brain ALREADY conducts faster then a human, as he multiple times more intelligent than a normal human. So he has micro-second processing speed. That, we know for certain. We just don't know how much faster he processes when using his powers. Magneto, by strengthening the atomic bond in his body enhances his strength, reflexes, speed and durability. If you're moving multiple times faster than normal, that means processing multiple times faster than normal. (This isn't only a mental thing...high levels Athletes as well are shown to have faster processing than normal humans. So yes...the speed, strength, and abilities of your physical body are directly proportionate not necessarily to intelligence, but the speed at which you process information. A boxers ability to dodge a punch, for example, is largely based on this. Someone like Mayweather or Anderson Silva predicts and processes action faster then their opponents) It really is that simple. The idea that a man who controls the EMF, literally, the bonding a conductivity of ALL matter cannot enhance his brain to process is facetious. Also, Magneto's powers are INSTANT, or at the very least, massively FTL. In as recently as his fight with Iron Man in the crossover he was drawing on the Magnetic Fields of planets throughout the entire Galaxy. The Milky Way is a 100,000 lightyears in diameter, and he was able to draw energy from planets that far away to amp his body in real time. Basically speaking, traveling 100,000x lightspeed means you cover that distance in a year. He was accessing it in SECONDS...which means that when he's manipulating the Em Field, those energies are traveling at MILLIONS of Times light Speed. He has used these powers also to AFFECT the EM Fields of other planets, and ships from light-years away in real time. Meaning the influence of his powers, as I was saying, is INSTANT. He SENSES attacks he cannot see...has been doing it since like, the second issue of X-Men; so some form extra-sensory perception is there.

Also, getting back to Psylocke being in it, she predicts movements well before they happen. It's a power of hers-she uses this prediction ability in Close Quarters Combat...the X-Men maintaining a Psychic link plus Magneto's Extra Sensory Perception, and Psylockes combat telepathy=the X-Men knowing a Speed blitz is coming and Magneto's shields are coming up. That being said, I'm calling Speed Blitz as being Null and voided in this. Without that, it's physical strength vs. Magic and Energy Manipulation. in that scenario, advantage: X-Men.

And once again, all this is moot, because it is regularly shown that Magneto almost ALWAYS travels with his force field up.

Nate-Grey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A fair match up, I think, but the Extinction Team was designed with one thing in mind - raw, overwhelming power. Let's break it down, shall we?

Namor has proven capable of going toe to toe with Thor, the Hulk and the Sentry during Dark Reign, during which time the Sentry was at his strongest, and clearly had the breath to insult him ("Gibbering schizoid" is one that I'm going to remember). The Sentry, remember, is Superman on crack. He's arguably more powerful, or at least, the Void is. He is easily capable of taking on Wonder Woman or Superman, and has a flight and experience advantage (he's at least 90 years old) over Aquaman.

Magneto has solo'd entire Avengers teams, tanked nukes to the face without warning and broken Hercules' bear hug grip (and Hercules is stronger than Thor, arguably stronger, therefore, than Superman) through physical power - physical power achieved by channelling his powers through his body). His feats are literally too extensive to list, but it should be remembered that he is a highly qualified physicist with massive experience of his powers.

Colossus is, or was, the Juggernaut. That comes with the sort of raw power that can stand off the Green Scar Hulk and take on Thor. Also, magic. And Cytorrak seems to like him more - or at least is prone to powering him up more - adding an extra degree of magical power behind his blows. While one of the JLA's flyers could BFR him, Magneto could just bring him back, with interest.

Cyclops' eye blasts are extraordinarily powerful, and could allow him to engage Superman in a beam o war of a kind. While he probably wouldn't win, he would distract the Man of Steel. His true danger lies in his skill as a tactician. He's been trained in paramilitary tactics since he was a teenager. He's arguably been doing it longer than Batman and he's got some serious tactical feats under his belt. 'God Loves, Man Kills' and the Breakworld Arc of Astonishing X-Men in particular demonstrate this. And he's no slouch at hand to hand combat. Again, been doing it longer than Bats, though he doesn't have the same breadth of styles to call upon. Also, he's no slouch in a telepathic fight. He's suppressed the Void, locking it away in his brain. He'd be a shoe in for a Green Lantern ring.

Storm? Omega class mutant with vast atmokinesis. While she wouldn't beat Wonder Woman, as one fight claimed, she could make life VERY difficult for the JLA's fliers. Also, lightning bolts tend to hurt.

Emma Frost (no idea where previous posters were getting Psylocke from...) is an extremely powerful psychic, equalled only by Charles Xavier, the Shadow King and Exodus, and exceeded only by Jean Grey, Rachel Grey, Nate Grey and Cable, of whom one is technically dead, another is relatively inexperienced, one is less inexperienced but mostly depowered and the fourth is pretty much depowered. And her diamond form is easily durable enough to tank serious hits. She can block out the Manhunter.

Magik? Well, aside from the BFR applications of her powers, she could just teleport the entire fight into Limbo and promptly unleash the powers that allowed her to take Doctor Strange in a straight fight. Superman is, in a word, toast. And I don't think the Manhunter would be too fond of the fact that pretty much all of Limbo is on fire.

Danger, I know less about, save that she's got a computer's mind, combat shapeshifting, complete with laser cannons and could probably take Cyborg. Probably.

And Hope is the Big Gun. An Omega Class Mimic, she can take the powers of all the above (Danger excepted), and use them as her own, simultaneously. Oh, and she's a soldier, trained by Cable, who's basically Batman but with a decided willingness to kill and decades of experience in guerilla tactics.

The League are overpowered, methinks. Not without a serious fight, but the Extinction team can and will take this 7 times out of 10.

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By killraven4334

In a straight up fight the JLA should win. However there are numerous ways for the extinction team to win, Magneto and Hope are extremly potent threats. The magic nature of Colossonaughts and Magics powers will be very difficult to deal with given the lack of a magic threat like Dr.Fate on the opposing team. I see no reason why Magic can't banish the entire justice league to hell and have them fight Doramu. Collosonaught won't be beaten by any of the enemy team 1v1, depending on how the cyttorak magic is written he might one shot superman. Only option is to BFR him into space, but magneto will just bring him back and use him as his own personal bludgeon. Without heavy writing favoritism this goes to the JLA, but the X-men can win under certain circumstances.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@killraven4334: you're right, they're understimating the mutants, there are ways for them to win.

Illyana can bring them to Limbo or send them in another dimension, Colossusnaut is going to be extremely difficult to defeat, same for Danger and Mags. Best telepathic feats for Martian Manthunter, that here is going to face two Frost-level telepaths(Emma and Hope)?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By adamTRMM

Emma solos.

Edit: didn't see Manhunter and also forgot WW was immune to TP recently if I'm not mistaken?

They will be dealt by the rest of the team though.

So yeah, come at me now.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

A fair match up, I think, but the Extinction Team was designed with one thing in mind - raw, overwhelming power. Let's break it down, shall we?

Namor has proven capable of going toe to toe with Thor, the Hulk and the Sentry during Dark Reign, during which time the Sentry was at his strongest, and clearly had the breath to insult him ("Gibbering schizoid" is one that I'm going to remember). The Sentry, remember, is Superman on crack. He's arguably more powerful, or at least, the Void is. He is easily capable of taking on Wonder Woman or Superman, and has a flight and experience advantage (he's at least 90 years old) over Aquaman.

Magneto has solo'd entire Avengers teams, tanked nukes to the face without warning and broken Hercules' bear hug grip (and Hercules is stronger than Thor, arguably stronger, therefore, than Superman) through physical power - physical power achieved by channelling his powers through his body). His feats are literally too extensive to list, but it should be remembered that he is a highly qualified physicist with massive experience of his powers.

Colossus is, or was, the Juggernaut. That comes with the sort of raw power that can stand off the Green Scar Hulk and take on Thor. Also, magic. And Cytorrak seems to like him more - or at least is prone to powering him up more - adding an extra degree of magical power behind his blows. While one of the JLA's flyers could BFR him, Magneto could just bring him back, with interest.

Cyclops' eye blasts are extraordinarily powerful, and could allow him to engage Superman in a beam o war of a kind. While he probably wouldn't win, he would distract the Man of Steel. His true danger lies in his skill as a tactician. He's been trained in paramilitary tactics since he was a teenager. He's arguably been doing it longer than Batman and he's got some serious tactical feats under his belt. 'God Loves, Man Kills' and the Breakworld Arc of Astonishing X-Men in particular demonstrate this. And he's no slouch at hand to hand combat. Again, been doing it longer than Bats, though he doesn't have the same breadth of styles to call upon. Also, he's no slouch in a telepathic fight. He's suppressed the Void, locking it away in his brain. He'd be a shoe in for a Green Lantern ring.

Storm? Omega class mutant with vast atmokinesis. While she wouldn't beat Wonder Woman, as one fight claimed, she could make life VERY difficult for the JLA's fliers. Also, lightning bolts tend to hurt.

Emma Frost (no idea where previous posters were getting Psylocke from...) is an extremely powerful psychic, equalled only by Charles Xavier, the Shadow King and Exodus, and exceeded only by Jean Grey, Rachel Grey, Nate Grey and Cable, of whom one is technically dead, another is relatively inexperienced, one is less inexperienced but mostly depowered and the fourth is pretty much depowered. And her diamond form is easily durable enough to tank serious hits. She can block out the Manhunter.

Magik? Well, aside from the BFR applications of her powers, she could just teleport the entire fight into Limbo and promptly unleash the powers that allowed her to take Doctor Strange in a straight fight. Superman is, in a word, toast. And I don't think the Manhunter would be too fond of the fact that pretty much all of Limbo is on fire.

Danger, I know less about, save that she's got a computer's mind, combat shapeshifting, complete with laser cannons and could probably take Cyborg. Probably.

And Hope is the Big Gun. An Omega Class Mimic, she can take the powers of all the above (Danger excepted), and use them as her own, simultaneously. Oh, and she's a soldier, trained by Cable, who's basically Batman but with a decided willingness to kill and decades of experience in guerilla tactics.

The League are overpowered, methinks. Not without a serious fight, but the Extinction team can and will take this 7 times out of 10.

This, but 8 / 10.
The Justice League best point is their stronger physicals (strength and speed) but the Extinction Team has better tactics and versatility.