Tough one, Mum-Ra.

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Lance Bastro

comparing both, mumra was actually more powerful and dangerous. the thundercats usually beat him through p.i.s. skeletor was more of whiner than a warrior/mage. i think mumra can beat him pretty easily.

WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WindCloud

Mumra ftw.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

Mumm-ra, as long as your not excluding the fact he transforms in to Mumm-Ra the Ever living. you know where he goes from.

this
 this

to this
to this
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Freefa11

I'd guess Mumm-Ra, although I haven't seen either show in ages and ages. From what I remember, Mumm-Ra seemed to be a more competent fighter, and could dominate any Thundercat in a 1-on-1 fight. A common tactic for "victory" was to get him to see his own reflection, which terrified him. Otherwise, they were usually screwed when he showed up. MotU, on the other hand, was one of those shows where the villain (Skeletor) generally came across as weak, incompetent, and cowardly, and had virtually no chance against He-Man. 

Of course, one problem with this comparison is that He-Man is probably a lot stronger than Lion-O, although I think Lion-O would be much faster, more agile, and more skilled. 

Still, my gut just says Mumm-Ra really outdoes Skeletor in most categories. Of course, this is based on the original cartoons. The more recent cartoons may be different (Skeletor seemed more powerful in the reboot of MotU from a few years back), and the comics are probably more different still, but the OP didn't specify.

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lance Bastro

actually liono was pretty strong. he can pick up trees, giant boulders and such. he once picked up a tree off the roots and threw it at mummra and mummra caught it like it was nothing and threw it back. mummra is also powered up by the ancient spirits of evil. the evil that mummra generates is so evil that it even scares him. this is probably the only way skeletor can beat mummrah to make him bfr himself.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#8  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Been done DOZENS of times.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

wow I completely forgot about mirrors scaring him and it would force him back in his sarcophagus. its all coming back to me.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Lance Bastro:

he once picked up a tree off the roots and threw it at mummra and mummra caught it like it was nothing and threw it back

Are you talking about during their first fight? Cause Lion-O did not pick up a tree from the roots if that was the case. Mummra blasted a tree and it fell, Lion caught it as part of the tree broke across his shoulder or claw shield and he then he threw it, he didn't rip it from the ground.
Avatar image for marveljackass433
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By MarvelJackAss433

Done to death

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lance Bastro
@god_spawn said:
@Lance Bastro:

he once picked up a tree off the roots and threw it at mummra and mummra caught it like it was nothing and threw it back

Are you talking about during their first fight? Cause Lion-O did not pick up a tree from the roots if that was the case. Mummra blasted a tree and it fell, Lion caught it as part of the tree broke across his shoulder or claw shield and he then he threw it, he didn't rip it from the ground.
well it has been more than a 2 decades, but i do remember liono can fly and breath in space. in fact, didn't they all breath in space?
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By joshmightbe

Mumm-Ra unless Skeletor has a mirror 

Avatar image for capitolpunishment
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lance Bastro said:
comparing both, mumra was actually more powerful and dangerous. the thundercats usually beat him through p.i.s. skeletor was more of whiner than a warrior/mage. i think mumra can beat him pretty easily.
Agreed.

I think Hordak would make for a better fight with Mum-Ra.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Lance Bastro: The show was riddled with continuity errors, even some of the episodes didn't line up, you had to have paid attention to who wrote the script. The in space hardly makes sense cause in the first episode Exodus they needed to find a planet that they could breathe on and on third earth, Panthro and Lion-o were wearing breathing apparatuses when the thunder tank was stuck under water. Both of those guys were also in space. I blame the space incident as lazy writing. And yes he could fly by hanging onto the sword, similar to what Thor does with Mjolnir.

And I do agree on the earlier post, Lion-o was pretty strong, he even broke a tree down with a single punch while wearing the claw shield in his fight with Mumm-Ra, he was also throwing massive icicles like javelins.
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By NightFang3
@god_spawn said:
Been done DOZENS of times.
@MarvelJackAss433 said:
Done to death
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lance Bastro
@god_spawn said:
@Lance Bastro: The show was riddled with continuity errors, even some of the episodes didn't line up, you had to have paid attention to who wrote the script. The in space hardly makes sense cause in the first episode Exodus they needed to find a planet that they could breathe on and on third earth, Panthro and Lion-o were wearing breathing apparatuses when the thunder tank was stuck under water. Both of those guys were also in space. I blame the space incident as lazy writing. And yes he could fly by hanging onto the sword, similar to what Thor does with Mjolnir.
yes, but most of "t.h.e" cartoons didn't really line up all that much either. transformers and g.i joe also suffered that same continuity errors. lol i'm also remembering when spike that human kid and friend of the autobots tacked optimus prime and prime feel over.
darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump