#1 Posted by Stingerrain (1089 posts) - - Show Bio

Vs

15 minutes of prep.

Full knowledge for both.

In-Character.

Winner by Death or KO.

Fight takes place at a football stadium.

They start out 100 feet away from each other.

Who takes this?

#2 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (902 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Ryu can teleport as well there is nothing she can do to stop him. He has deadly ninpo which he can cast on her.

#3 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpeedForceSpider said:

Since Ryu can teleport as well there is nothing she can do to stop him. He has deadly ninpo which he can cast on her.

However, he's not nearly the same caliber of teleporter she is. She can out-port him all day, and if she tags him with a javelin or gets him caught in a portal, she can throw him out of phase, stunning him. She'll tag him long before he tags her, and he'll be KO'd.

#4 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (902 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire said:

@SpeedForceSpider said:

However, he's not nearly the same caliber of teleporter she is. She can out-port him all day, and if she tags him with a javelin or gets him caught in a portal, she can throw him out of phase, stunning him. She'll tag him long before he tags her, and he'll be KO'd.

She won't be able to tag him with a javelin. He can shroud himself with fire and protect himself from it. He can also fire off electricity from his body which will eventually hit and either stun or kill her.

#5 Edited by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

First of all, Blink can speed-port around Habusa, throwing javelins from all directions. These will be unaffected by his flame shroud since they're made of energy. If Ryu can stay alive long enough to use his electricity attack, she'll open a portal and redirect it, turning his own attack against him. His weapons are useless against her, since she can force them to hit him. He is unable to tag her, and his defenses aren't able to stop her portals. Blink wins without too much trouble.

Blink 'ports so fast, she's multiple places in the same panel.
#6 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpeedForceSpider: Forgot to tag you. My reply is above.

#7 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (902 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: First of all calm your tits. Secondly, you're telling me that she can redirect multiple bolts of electricity at once. I'd love to see a scan of that. Also enlighten me on how she can redirect a black hole because he can summon those as well. He has full knowledge and prep he actually has the advantage. And you cannot decide who wins only the OP can.

#8 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpeedForceSpider said:

@Esquire: First of all calm your tits. Secondly, you're telling me that she can redirect multiple bolts of electricity at once. I'd love to see a scan of that. Also enlighten me on how she can redirect a black hole because he can summon those as well. He has full knowledge and prep he actually has the advantage. And you cannot decide who wins only the OP can.

Firstly, let's keep this civil, shall we?

Secondly, the OP doesn't decide who wins, the other people in the tournament vote on who debates better.

Thirdly, we both have full knowledge and prep, so unless you can post some feats for what he can do with 15 minutes of prep, that's not really an advantage for you.

Fourthly, She can open a portal in front of her, so she can redirect all electric bolts fired from that direction, namely whatever direction Ryu is firing from. As the first scan I've posted demonstrates, she can also 'port fast enough to simply not be where he's aiming, so that he can't hit her.

Fifthly, I don't see why she couldn't redirect a black hole. If he launches it from his hands or anything of the sort, she could simply open a portal in front of it and send it elsewhere. Do you have video of him summoning it? Also, if this is really a black hole it would kill him at the same time it would kill Blink, and if its area of effect is small enough for him to remain unaffected, she could 'port out of range without issue. Also, a true black hole isn't really a street-level attack, anyway.

Would you consider black hole summoning fair for a street-level character?

#9 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (902 posts) - - Show Bio

Enough with the first of all that is childish. And as it stands Ryu has the advantage and he is accepted as a Street level character stop being mad.

#10 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpeedForceSpider said:

Enough with the first of all that is childish. And as it stands Ryu has the advantage and he is accepted as a Street level character stop being mad.

• I didn't say 'first of all' once in my last post.
  • I don't see how that's 'childish' anyway, as I've never heard a child say 'first of all.'
  • "Ryu has the advantage?" What happened to "And you cannot decide who wins?"
  • Who exactly is doing the accepting? But even if a black hole is deemed legal, I've told you how Blink will counter it.
  • I wrote a comprehensive post showing why Blink can overcome everything you've said, while you still haven't addressed some of my points, such as tele-blitzing, which Blink has exhibited. The burden of debate is now on you to show why Ryu doesn't lose. The ball is in your court.
  • What have I said that implies to you that I am somehow 'mad?' I have been civil and reasonable in my debate, and I haven't resorted to insulting my opponent's debating style or said he's "mad" or needs to calm down.
  • If you have nothing more to say about the debate itself, then I am prepared to open it up for votes. Do you have anything else to say?
#11 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (902 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: The first part of what you said is irrelevant so moving on. Just because I said he has an advantage doesn't mean I voted in his victory your logic is flawed. And I asked you to show me scans of her redirecting multiple attacks which you failed to do. I wanna confirm if you're correct or not the other stuff can wait.

#12 Edited by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpeedForceSpider: You still haven't posted any feats of Ryu's, so as far as I can tell, he can only fire electrical blasts from himself, which means they'll come from the same direction. If that's the case, she can just open a portal larger then she is, and they'll all get redirected. Showing portal size abilities:

Or she can 'port a piece of the environment in the way of the electric blasts, as she does here against Silver Surfer:

Or she can simply dodge them. Scans show her dodging gunfire and Jean Grey's psychic blasts:

More agility and acrobatics, while showing accuracy with her javelins and the ability to 'port things to outer space, as well as 'port only pieces of her targets:

Finally, she can one-hit kill him by porting pieces of the environment inside of Ryu, like so:

She has several ways to avoid both his electric attacks and his black hole. You've shown nothing to make me believe he can tag her, or survive her either 'porting him across the battlefield in pieces, or 'porting pieces of the battlefield into him.

#13 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

Is the attack at 0:05 the black hole you've been referring to? That's the only video I could find of anything of the sort, since you haven't posted any evidence to back up any of your claims. If that is indeed the black hole, then Blink can easily redirect it, since I've posted scans of her creating portals far larger than the black hole itself. If it fits in the portal, it can be redirected. Just one more attack for Blink to hit Ryu with.

Any objections or rebuttals? If not, I'm ready to go to voting.

#14 Posted by Darrius (72 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really know Blink, but I know Ryu Hyabusa quite well. I don't consider him to be a street level character he can block bullets fired from a machine gun with a sword. What can blink do? I know she is mutant and can teleport. But how does she attack? How fast is she? How quick is she? (If you know the difference). Esquire mentioned her tagging him with a Javelin. Is this Javelin an attack, as in she is spearing him? or is it a set-up for some other attack.

#15 Posted by crackerjack82 (2607 posts) - - Show Bio

@Darrius: Have you seen the scans above, Blink is a beast, she was raised and trained, by AoA sabretooth, who is a complete badass, she comes from a world of constant death, she earned the name Blink, because she can teleport within an Blink of an EYE, as stated during the AoA event that is 1/5th of a second. Granted it was another character saying this.

She is a bullet timer herself, has face people far deadlier than Ryu, hell she even tele-dismembered a ship that had the phalanx virus.

#16 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@Darrius said:

I don't really know Blink, but I know Ryu Hyabusa quite well. I don't consider him to be a street level character he can block bullets fired from a machine gun with a sword. What can blink do? I know she is mutant and can teleport. But how does she attack? How fast is she? How quick is she? (If you know the difference). Esquire mentioned her tagging him with a Javelin. Is this Javelin an attack, as in she is spearing him? or is it a set-up for some other attack.

Blink has several ways of attacking. If you look at my scan-fest post, you can see her teleporting away pieces of enemies such as Sentinels, and in the last two scans she teleports half a ton of sand inside an enemy.

In the scans I posted, the pink spikes Blink is often throwing are her javelins. They're compressed portal energy, so when they make contact with an object they can either open a portal or teleport the object elsewhere. They can also momentarily teleport a person's body thousands of places at once before reconstructing them. This throws them "out of phase" and knocks them unconscious.

Blink is extremely quick, with fast enough reflexes to open a portal in front of King Hyperion's heat vision as he fires it, and she is also a bullet-dodger, to name a couple reflex feats. Dodging and agility are covered in my scans post. She is also extremely fast, as you can tell in the first scan I posted, (In my second post, not the scan-filled one), where she's teleporting so fast she is seen in three different places in the same panel. Are there any more questions I can help answer? Thanks for your interest in the battle. :D

#17 Posted by TheMinister (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure but I think Blink is the better teleporter.

#18 Posted by Darrius (72 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire said:

@Darrius said:

Blink has several ways of attacking. If you look at my scan-fest post, you can see her teleporting away pieces of enemies such as Sentinels, and in the last two scans she teleports half a ton of sand inside an enemy.

In the scans I posted, the pink spikes Blink is often throwing are her javelins. They're compressed portal energy, so when they make contact with an object they can either open a portal or teleport the object elsewhere. They can also momentarily teleport a person's body thousands of places at once before reconstructing them. This throws them "out of phase" and knocks them unconscious.

Blink is extremely quick, with fast enough reflexes to open a portal in front of King Hyperion's heat vision as he fires it, and she is also a bullet-dodger, to name a couple reflex feats. Dodging and agility are covered in my scans post. She is also extremely fast, as you can tell in the first scan I posted, (In my second post, not the scan-filled one), where she's teleporting so fast she is seen in three different places in the same panel. Are there any more questions I can help answer? Thanks for your interest in the battle. :D

Actually, I do.

What is the relationship between her portals and her body? Does she have to touch or tag something to teleport it? How far away from her body can she open a "sending" portal? Within reach? In the same room? Up the street? Anywhere in the world? What about a "receiving" portal? Can she bring things to her? From how far?

In one scan, it looked like she punched the beam in order to teleport it. Does she have to open a portal to teleport.

#19 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@Darrius said:

Actually, I do.

What is the relationship between her portals and her body? Does she have to touch or tag something to teleport it? How far away from her body can she open a "sending" portal? Within reach? In the same room? Up the street? Anywhere in the world? What about a "receiving" portal? Can she bring things to her? From how far?

In one scan, it looked like she punched the beam in order to teleport it. Does she have to open a portal to teleport.

616 Blink had to touch something in order to teleport it, and AoA has the same limitation. However, the AoA/Exiles version also learned how to focus her portal energies into the javelins seen above, so she can throw those in order to create portals without actually touching the subject. That's how she teleports pieces off of the Sentinels, and how she opens portals at a distance.

She has teleported people from the Earth to the Moon without visible strain, so her range is massive. However, she can only teleport things within her line of sight, since she has to either touch them or hit them with a javelin. She doesn't have to be able to see the destination in order to teleport things to it, though.

She doesn't have to open a portal and physically walk through it, she can simply teleport herself at will. In the scan below, she is totally immobilized by Spider-Man's webbing, and is still able to teleport away without walking through a portal.

Anything else I can help with?

#20 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless has anything else he wants to say, I'm ready to open this up for voting.

#21 Posted by Darrius (72 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire said:

616 Blink had to touch something in order to teleport it, and AoA has the same limitation. However, the AoA/Exiles version also learned how to focus her portal energies into the javelins seen above, so she can throw those in order to create portals without actually touching the subject. That's how she teleports pieces off of the Sentinels, and how she opens portals at a distance.

She has teleported people from the Earth to the Moon without visible strain, so her range is massive. However, she can only teleport things within her line of sight, since she has to either touch them or hit them with a javelin. She doesn't have to be able to see the destination in order to teleport things to it, though.

She doesn't have to open a portal and physically walk through it, she can simply teleport herself at will. In the scan below, she is totally immobilized by Spider-Man's webbing, and is still able to teleport away without walking through a portal.

Anything else I can help with?

I think that I've almost heard enough.

I would ask a few more questions:

By tough do you mean "touch with her hands or feet" or do you mean "make physical contact with"? Could she teleport a chair by sitting in it. Could she teleport her shoes from off of here feet. Could she teleport something by elbowing it or by kneeing it? I assume that since she not naked after teleporting that she can touch something or someone and take them with her. Is that assumption correct.

Does she have normal human reflexes, regardless of how well-trained, or does she have above normal human reflexes because of mutant blood, artificial enhancement, etc.?

#22 Posted by Stingerrain (1089 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: Well in that case, I suppose this thread is now open for voting.

Vote on who you believe wins; first to 5 votes advances to the third round.

#23 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryu Hayabusa vs AoA Blink! Come vote on our match, guys! It's only one page, so it shouldn't take long. Thanks for your time!

#24 Posted by YoungJustice (6876 posts) - - Show Bio

I read this quite some time ago.

Esquire.

#25 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20387 posts) - - Show Bio

After the debates and scans, I think @Esquire/Blink would take this.

#26 Posted by nickzambuto (14104 posts) - - Show Bio

SpeedForceSpider didn't really even debate... voting for Esquire.

#27 Posted by joewell (6436 posts) - - Show Bio

Blink, but i think a teleporter is cheap in a street level torny, but i guess i'm just mad because i lost lol

#28 Posted by sync1 (2980 posts) - - Show Bio

Esquire.

#29 Posted by nickzambuto (14104 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like we have a winner.

#30 Posted by Stingerrain (1089 posts) - - Show Bio

Indeed it does.

The winner is

#31 Posted by marvelbeast (602 posts) - - Show Bio

ESQUIRE FOR THE WIN

#32 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (902 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: Dude why are you spam replying me?

#33 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpeedForceSpider said:

If spam replying means tagging you in two post over the past three days, one to inquire if you want to continue this debate, and one to notify you that voting is indeed open in case you want to monitor the thread to see who wins, then the reason would be that I was under the impression people actually cared about their debates and about tournaments they committed to. If I was wrong in assuming you actually cared about this debate, then I apologize.

#34 Posted by nickzambuto (14104 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire said:

SpeedForceSpider said:

If spam replying means tagging you in two post over the past three days, one to inquire if you want to continue this debate, and one to notify you that voting is indeed open in case you want to monitor the thread to see who wins, then the reason would be that I was under the impression people actually cared about their debates and about tournaments they committed to. If I was wrong in assuming you actually cared about this debate, then I apologize.

SpeedForceSpider flamed me on Anime Vice for saying Goku can beat Wonder Woman so...

#35 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@Esquire said:

SpeedForceSpider flamed me on Anime Vice for saying Goku can beat Wonder Woman so...

Well, it's his life. Behavior has consequences, and if he only wants to post, like, three lines of actual debate, then the consequence is losing. I just don't find it particularly classy to call me out for "spam replying" when the only thing I've tagged him in today is a post to notify him that voting is open. But again, it's his life and his decision. The consequence of this choice would seem to be a growing lack of respect from other users, I guess.

#36 Edited by SpeedForceSpider (902 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: You're childish for complaining on something on a different site. Lying will not get you any respect from other users on the said thread you said "I never made any claim on who wins." Yet now you are saying you said I flamed you for saying Goku wins. Seems fishy typical troll. http://www.animevice.com/forums/battles/33/goku-vs-wonder-woman/326749/?page=14

@Esquire said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Esquire said:

Well, it's his life. Behavior has consequences, and if he only wants to post, like, three lines of actual debate, then the consequence is losing. I just don't find it particularly classy to call me out for "spam replying" when the only thing I've tagged him in today is a post to notify him that voting is open. But again, it's his life and his decision. The consequence of this choice would seem to be a growing lack of respect from other users, I guess.

This doesn't even make sense. I told you I was done no need to go deeper and cause a mess like your troll friend here is trying to provoke.

#37 Posted by Sherlock (7273 posts) - - Show Bio

Its pretty obvious that Esquire won this one.And im sure my character choice had nothing to do with it

#38 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpeedForceSpider said:

This doesn't even make sense. I told you I was done no need to go deeper and cause a mess like your troll friend here is trying to provoke.

When did you tell me you were done? When I posted on your wall today? Because before that, the last thing you posted was asking for scans. You didn't post in the thread after that until I tagged you in the "open for voting" post. Then you said I was "spam replying you." Is that because I posted on your wall and told you voting was open in the thread, all in the same day? Sorry if you felt that was spamming, I thought it was common courtesy. I tagged you in a couple of my earlier debating posts, because I was hoping that you would post in Ryu's defense so that we could continue the debate. But you evidently had no interest in continuing, although that wasn't communicated to me until I posted on your wall. Again, I'm sorry if you felt I was "spam replying," I was only trying to be courteous in notifying you of the status of our debate.

#39 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (902 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: Actually I had quite a few replies from you in my inbox this thread was pretty much through a long time ago. I meant no disrespect and you asked me if I had any more to say and I replied. Now nickzambuto's comment was totally irrelevant and total BS and I got irritated my bad. As for Ryu's defense I don't have scans for him seeing as he is a video game character.

#40 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: You so debated this.... U win. Flawless Victory.

#41 Posted by Strider92 (16721 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta go with Esquire

#42 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpeedForceSpider said:

@Esquire: Actually I had quite a few replies from you in my inbox this thread was pretty much through a long time ago. I meant no disrespect and you asked me if I had any more to say and I replied. Now nickzambuto's comment was totally irrelevant and total BS and I got irritated my bad. As for Ryu's defense I don't have scans for him seeing as he is a video game character.

It's cool, man. Sorry if I got a little irritated, too. I didn't mean it to look like I was spamming you, I was just enjoying the debate and would have enjoyed more of it. I know it's hard debating for VG characters, but I really enjoyed this one. Best of luck to you, and sorry again if I came off as spamming or irritating.