Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Vs
Vs

No Caption Provided

Since I actually already made this match a while ago, and the fact that me and nickzambuto have already made it to the 2nd round, I figured, "Why not pit these two against each other?"

15 minutes of prep.

Full knowledge for both.

In-Character.

Winner by Death or KO.

Fight takes place in the streets of Gotham.

They start out 100 feet away from each other.

Who takes this?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By renamed040924

I assume you know what Spider-Man can do. Can you tell me exactly who Hotsuma is?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f81f7f31bf06
deactivated-5f81f7f31bf06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto:

Hotsuma is the Protagonist of the 2002 Shinobi reboot for the PS2. He's a pretty obscure character for the most part and is basically a watered down version of Ryu Hayabusa power wise, but is still better character wise in my opinion.

The trailer for the game.

Here's a wiki page for him also.

http://sega.wikia.com/wiki/Hotsuma

The wiki page doesn't contain too much info (and is also a wiki page, haha) so I suppose I personally can shed some light on what he's capable of.

- Weilds 3 ninpos which can either create shockwaves from his sword, increase his speed and make him intangible, or create a large firey explosion.

- Has a shadow dash which creates a doppelganger and makes him intangible also.

- Cuts through tanks and missles like fodder.

- With his sword fully charged, he's able to one-shot nearly anything.

- Defeated a city-leveling priest.

- Speed is around Hypersonic level.

- Shurikens are able to stun his enemies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Do you have any counter-arguments? Or are you going to politely let me advance to the third round? Haha.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By renamed040924

@Stingerrain said:

@nickzambuto: Do you have any counter-arguments? Or are you going to politely let me advance to the third round? Haha.

I totally forgot about this... sorry, I can get an argument up later tonight/sometime tomorrow.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By renamed040924

Ok, now from what I know of Hostuma, I'm confident Spider-Man has this locked up.

Obviously it's not a stomp, all Hotsuma has to do is get one hit in and Peter will be chopped in half, but actually getting that one hit in will be pretty difficult against a guy like Spider-Man, who's as nimble as Hulk is strong.

Spider-Man is known for moving at incredible speeds while at the same time utilizing his uncanny acrobatic ability and agility. When Peter really gets going, he's nothing more than a red and blue blur.

Not even Daredevil with that nifty radar sense can even track Spider-Man's movements.

Considering the same guy can swat a bullet back at the person who shot it, I'd think that would mean blitzing him is a pretty impressive feat.

Obviously, Spider-Man is more than enough to take haymakers from Marvel's top bricks; Hulk, Juggernaut,

Hercules, etc, but as I said, Hotsuma will still cut clean through him with his sword. But with the level of speed and agility the web head possesses, not to mention his spider sense, I'm confident that one hit needed will never land.

Now that said, I'm pretty sure this goes both ways. Hotsuma isn't a pushover, but Spider-Man won't need to exactly hammer him into submission.

A quick blitz outta put him out. Most people call Spider-Man a 10 tonner,

They're dead wrong.

Peter is a 10 tonner at rest. By at rest, what I mean is, Peter can lift a car with as much difficulty as you would a water bottle. You're not straining yourself when you lift a water bottle, are you? That's rest strength.

His actual limit is much higher.

My point is, while Hotsuma can put a quick end to Peter, Peter can do the same to Hotsuma; it all depends on who gets the first hit, and that will be decided by the one with the speed advantage.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Not bad...

Now, I digress, Spider-Man is indeed a very powerful and agile little bugger, but Hotsuma has more than enough in his stats and arsenal to counter that.

First off, I personally believe Hotsuma's speed should be more than a match for Spidey's. He's been shown to be able to fly through the sky at absurd speeds.

0:44 to 0:56.

Then you throw in his shadow dash ability which grants him limited intangibly and makes a doppelganger, and Spidey is not only not touching Hotsuma, but Hotsuma should be able to catch him faster than his Spider Sense can react.

Which brings me to another crucial factor: His shurikens.

Hotsuma carries around 40 Kunai shurikens which, when they come into contact with his enemies, stun them.

Granted, there's no way on earth Hotsuma can land a single Kunai on Spider-Man by simply chucking it. However that matters not because he a large AOE move in which he jumps up throws a fraction of his shurikens all over the area.

No Caption Provided

Hotsuma should be able capture Spidey in that move, and then boom, Spidey gets diced in half.

Also, as previously stated, Hotsuma has a Ninpo which allows him to perform his shadow dash multiple times in a row; increasing his already high speed.

1:51 to 2:02.

Not only can this be used to blitz Spidey, but it can also confuse him with several doppelgangers surrounding him. (Unless his Spider Sense has been shown to outsmart doppelgangers)

Overall, I believe Hotsuma wins to his equal-to-Spidey's if not greater speed, and his arsenal of Ninja tools and spells.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By renamed040924

Hotsuma is definately fast, as a ninja should be, but Spider-Man's speed is seriously unparalleled. As I said above, Daredevil can seemingly teleport he's so fast, his reflexes are adequate enough to hear a bullet being shot behind him, turn around, and expertly position his Billy Club to actually ricochet the bullet back at the shooter. That's pretty goddamn amazing.

Meanwhile, the guy can't even begin to keep up with Spider-Man.

Now, speed aside, his spider sense isn't something that can be discounted either.

The world goes in slow motion for Peter, normal humans see him teleport, he literally says "I'm 10 steps ahead of the game"

His uncanny reflexes and Spider Sense combine to make the world literally stop around him, like freeze frame on a VCR, as he says.

To us, Hotsuma is a streak in the sky, but to Spider-Man, he's nothing more than another bullet.

Bullets, as in, the things that get within inches from his body before his spider sense kicks in and he moves out of the way. From those clips above, I'd say Hotsuma can beat a 9mm in a foot race. His speed is comparable to actual bullets. But the thing is, as you can see, your friendly neighborhood can dodge bullets after their inches from his body. Unless you can show me something else to prove Hotsuma is about twice as fast as a bullet, Spider-Man still has the speed advantage. And then there's still the spider sense, so Hotsuma will need to be quite a bit faster than sound to match the web head.

Granted, there's no way on earth Hotsuma can land a single Kunai on Spider-Man by simply chucking it. However that matters not because he a large AOE move in which he jumps up throws a fraction of his shurikens all over the area.

He's not called the web head for nothing,

I doubt Kunai's travel faster than bullets, and Peter has proven capable of intercepting those mid air with a quick web shield. He'll do the same with whatever Hotsuma throws out.

In the span of heartbeats, Spider-Man saves a reporter from falling debri. So, yeah, he's pretty quick with the webs.

Now, as I said, Spider-Man creates after images with his speed, but you say Hotsuma can make literal dopplegangers? Well, it's not like Peter has had trouble with multiple enemies at a time before.

Exactly how many copies can Hotsuma make?

Because unless it's well over 100, it won't be the winner for him. Each guy seen above, all 107 of them, are personally trained Taskmaster goons armed with electrical swords. If Spider-Man can avoid sword swings from over 100 enemies at once, he can do the same to one enemy, even if that one enemy is far superior to any of the 100.

That said; yes, with his spider sense, Spider-Man will know which Hotsuma is the real one. I don't have scans, but he can. Mysterio is one of his longest running villains after all.

You're banking on Hotsuma being not only faster than Spider-Man, but also faster than his spider sense. With the scans provided, I'm confident I've proved Peter can at the very least match Hotsuma's bullet speed, and then let his spider sense pick up the slack.

He's more then capable of dodging bullets after they've been fired, so I'd say he can dodge Hotsuma's sword after it's been swung.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, i'm like really late on this. Anyhow, where do I start.

@nickzambuto said:

Unless you can show me something else to prove Hotsuma is about twice as fast as a bullet, Spider-Man still has the speed advantage. And then there's still the spider sense, so Hotsuma will need to be quite a bit faster than sound to match the web head.

0:24 to 0:32.

Hotsuma's reaction time was fast enough to dodge a missile of an attack helicopter. From what I understand, attack helicopter missiles are quite faster than an average bullet, so that'd probably put Hotsuma's reaction times at around Supersonic+. Regardless of this, Spidey still has better reactions via his Spider Sense. however I still believe that Spidey isn't going to be touching Hotsuma, or at least easily.

0:26 to 0:35.

Also, not only can Hotsuma dodge missiles, he can straight up slice them in half when they're only a few feet away from someone; from a demonically enhanced attack helicopter no less.

Since this isn't just an average helicopter, chances are the missiles probably travel faster. Regular missiles travel at around Mach 3-4, or at least the upper class ones do. Since this one was enhanced, I estimate that it travels at about Mach 4.5, which is also Supersonic+. Spidey's reactions are about the same level, so I think it's sort of a toss up as to if Hotsuma can catch him. Throw in his speed Ninpo on the other hand, and Spidey Might just get nabbed by Hotsuma's blade.

However I will give you this: Hotsuma's shadow dash ability won't really be doing much aside from giving him a minor speed boost, even with his speed Ninpo active. Hotsuma can't create over a hundred clones in the span of a couple of seconds, and even if he could, they don't assist him in combat, only confuse people. Peter's Spider Sense pretty much renders this useless according to the scans you provided.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By segamarvel

I can't believe such a great debate has been left untouched for this long.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers