BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BIackFlash

Ali wins
Tyson was an F-ing fool who fought a lot of chumps in fixed matches, even in his PRIME got owned by a Rookie called Buster Douglas

It took giants like Smoking Joe and Foreman to give Ali trouble
Tyson was terrified of fighting guys like old George why?

Tyson is getting put on his butt and at the same time Foreman is back from the dead and in less than two full rounds mutilates hard hitting Cooney sending him back into  retirement.  permanently

Tyson ran whenever Foreman's name was mentioned and with good reason, he was nothing compared to the giants
Tradog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Tradog
@BIackFlash said:
" Ali wins
Tyson was an F-ing fool who fought a lot of chumps in fixed matches, even in his PRIME got owned by a Rookie called Buster Douglas

It took giants like Smoking Joe and Foreman to give Ali trouble Tyson was terrified of fighting guys like old George why? Tyson is getting put on his butt and at the same time Foreman is back from the dead and in less than two full rounds mutilates hard hitting Cooney sending him back into  retirement.  permanently Tyson ran whenever Foreman's name was mentioned and with good reason, he was nothing compared to the giants "
nice man really nice. Shoot I thought tyson was just about undefeated.
Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mortein

ALI ALI ALI

Ellocobruja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Ellocobruja

Ali 
Tyson had the power 
By Ali had Brains, Power and Speed. 

Tyson would be exahsted from running about by round 2.
JThree47693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JThree47693

Ali would run all over Tyson. I dont see the fight lasting for more than 4 rounds before Ali knocks Tyson out.
lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lagoon_boy
you know it!!! float like a ________ sting like a ______
mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mv

Ali
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By EdwardWindsor

ali easy tyson could only fight chumps and use power ali could pick apart people who could not only box but box well

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By King_Saturn
Muhammed Ali would win here... it would be like Ali vs Liston all over again
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By yodagod

The problem with Ali is that everyone buys in to the hype that he himself created.  
I can name a half dozen fighters off the top of my head who would molest Ali.
Tyson prime only needs one shot to the liver to end this. 
pre Buster Douglas it was rare for a Tyson fight to go over 2 and a half minutes, however he has gone the distance a few times as well, so Ali wouldn't have been able to tire him out like he did with George and Sonny.  
And Ali prime lost to an extremely over the hill Frazier, and to leon spinks among others. 
not to mention Ali fought on average once or twice a year, Tyson fought practically every month. In fact a couple time he fought more than once a month. That is unheard of in professional boxing(except Rocky Marciano of course.) 
What that means is that Tyson was always primed and ready, while Ali had to take  a few rounds to knock off the ring rust.  Tyson would make it very difficult to take that time. 
p.s.  Ali was not known for being an especially hard hitter, he was known for technical skill(for which I believe he was still overrated) and for mind games(his only chance angainst a fighter like Iron Mike(think Rocky three).
Avatar image for _1elderscrollsfan
#1ElderScrollsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yodagod said:
"The problem with Ali is that everyone buys in to the hype that he himself created.  I can name a half dozen fighters off the top of my head who would molest Ali.Tyson prime only needs one shot to the liver to end this. pre Buster Douglas it was rare for a Tyson fight to go over 2 and a half minutes, however he has gone the distance a few times as well, so Ali wouldn't have been able to tire him out like he did with George and Sonny.  And Ali prime lost to an extremely over the hill Frazier, and to leon spinks among others. not to mention Ali fought on average once or twice a year, Tyson fought practically every month. In fact a couple time he fought more than once a month. That is unheard of in professional boxing(except Rocky Marciano of course.) What that means is that Tyson was always primed and ready, while Ali had to take  a few rounds to knock off the ring rust.  Tyson would make it very difficult to take that time. p.s.  Ali was not known for being an especially hard hitter, he was known for technical skill(for which I believe he was still overrated) and for mind games(his only chance angainst a fighter like Iron Mike(think Rocky three). "

Agreed Tyson FTW
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lantern Prime
@BIackFlash said:
"Ali wins

It took giants like Smoking Joe and Foreman to give Ali trouble Tyson was terrified of fighting guys like old George why? Tyson is getting put on his butt and at the same time Foreman is back from the dead and in less than two full rounds mutilates hard hitting Cooney sending him back into  retirement.  permanently Tyson ran whenever Foreman's name was mentioned and with good reason, he was nothing compared to the giants "

They fckin cheated Tyson! Imean when he counted to 8 he wen't over and told Tyson to stay in his corner when he already in his corner!!! 

Anyways Ali has beatin numerous types of inside fighters with great power such as Foreman whos better than Tyson.Ali speed,power, smarts and a great chin wins this.
Deo Wade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Deo Wade

I'm gonna say Tyson on this one (equips flame shield). You're not going to ropeadope his shots. That'd be a quick way to get internal bleeding or KTFO. As a sport grows so does the level of talent. Ali was better than most of the competition in his era, but he'd get starched by today's talent pool.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lantern Prime
@Deo Wade said:
"I'm gonna say Tyson on this one (equips flame shield). You're not going to ropeadope his shots. That'd be a quick way to get internal bleeding or KTFO. As a sport grows so does the level of talent. Ali was better than most of the competition in his era, but he'd get starched by today's talent pool. "

Hes better than anyother era of Heavyweights ever. Joe Louis is the best P4P fighter in the history of the game though.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Static Shock

Ali.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Chaos Prime

Ali ftw. When he fought Big George Foreman everyone apart from Ali & his camp thought George would murder him because he was past his prime.Jeez did they get that wrong.Big George was an Animal of a Fighter with huge punching power that imo would have taken Tyson out the same he did to Frazier & Norton.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By cascadeking09
@Deo Wade: that's false, ali would know his opponent and he knows just how to get into his head. he wouldnt ropeadope him knowin how powerful his punches are.he most definitely wouldnt be beat by somebody as weak minded as tyson. tyson had absolutely no skill he just knew to throw hard  punches and thats it, ali had real skills and thats why he only lost five matches his whole career. ali fought more fights than mike and lost less than he did.mike lost to people that weren't half as skilled as the people ali fought. there's no way that mike tyson could have beat ali in his prime when he couldnt even take holyfield.
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Chaos Prime
@cascadeking09 said:
" @Deo Wade: that's false, ali would know his opponent and he knows just how to get into his head. he wouldnt ropeadope him knowin how powerful his punches are.he most definitely wouldnt be beat by somebody as weak minded as tyson. tyson had absolutely no skill he just knew to throw hard  punches and thats it, ali had real skills and thats why he only lost five matches his whole career. ali fought more fights than mike and lost less than he did.mike lost to people that weren't half as skilled as the people ali fought. there's no way that mike tyson could have beat ali in his prime when he couldnt even take holyfield. "
Bravo..Well put ;-)
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lantern Prime
"Down goes Frazier" My nigga Foreman killed him...
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cascadeking09
@yodagod said:
" The problem with Ali is that everyone buys in to the hype that he himself created.  I can name a half dozen fighters off the top of my head who would molest Ali.Tyson prime only needs one shot to the liver to end this. pre Buster Douglas it was rare for a Tyson fight to go over 2 and a half minutes, however he has gone the distance a few times as well, so Ali wouldn't have been able to tire him out like he did with George and Sonny.  And Ali prime lost to an extremely over the hill Frazier, and to leon spinks among others. not to mention Ali fought on average once or twice a year, Tyson fought practically every month. In fact a couple time he fought more than once a month. That is unheard of in professional boxing(except Rocky Marciano of course.) What that means is that Tyson was always primed and ready, while Ali had to take  a few rounds to knock off the ring rust.  Tyson would make it very difficult to take that time. p.s.  Ali was not known for being an especially hard hitter, he was known for technical skill(for which I believe he was still overrated) and for mind games(his only chance angainst a fighter like Iron Mike(think Rocky three). "
It has nothin to do with the hype ali proved he was the best, tyson isnt a boxer he's just a fighter with gloves on his hands. ali used to call which round he would know his opponents out in. his mind games arent the only thing he has goin for mike to lose.
Deo Wade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Deo Wade
@cascadeking09 said:
" @Deo Wade: that's false, ali would know his opponent and he knows just how to get into his head. he wouldnt ropeadope him knowin how powerful his punches are.he most definitely wouldnt be beat by somebody as weak minded as tyson. tyson had absolutely no skill he just knew to throw hard  punches and thats it, ali had real skills and thats why he only lost five matches his whole career. ali fought more fights than mike and lost less than he did.mike lost to people that weren't half as skilled as the people ali fought. there's no way that mike tyson could have beat ali in his prime when he couldnt even take holyfield. "
Tyson had no skill but became a champion? I'll give it to you that Mike was from from stable mentally. Now your other statements don't hold much weight. Ali fought countless no named cans in his career. Tyson fought 58 matches and lost 6 while Ali fought 61 and lost 5, that's only a 3 fight difference. Ali also lost to people he shouldn't have lost to i.e. LEON SPINKS. The epitome of a CAN.

With that being said Tyson was well past his prime when he fought Holyfield just like Ali was well past his prime when he fought Leon Spinks. Unless the "mystique" of Ali counts as an attribute, He's not winning in my books sir.
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By yodagod

Ali was nothong but hype. He proved he could beat hacks, amateurs, and old men and even a lot of these he had to win by decision.  If that makes him the greatest then that makes me sad.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By King_Saturn
Oh Gawd... Its Spinks  !
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cascadeking09
@Deo Wade: and the other people ali lost to were legends, im not sure but i dont think anybody he lost to were rookies. 
@yodagod: 37 ko's,  that's hype. mike tyson hasnt won against anybody that was really great. u obviously havent seen that many of ali's fights if u say he's all hype. when he first started boxing he beat people that were considered the best at that time and alot of them being way more skilled fighters than mike tyson. dont disrespect somebody like ali by sayin that his career was all hype. i can understand not thinkin he was the greatest (which he is) but he not all hype.
Deo Wade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Deo Wade
@cascadeking09 said:
" @Deo Wade: and the other people ali lost to were legends, im not sure but i dont think anybody he lost to were rookies. 
@yodagod: 37 ko's,  that's hype. mike tyson hasnt won against anybody that was really great. u obviously havent seen that many of ali's fights if u say he's all hype. when he first started boxing he beat people that were considered the best at that time and alot of them being way more skilled fighters than mike tyson. dont disrespect somebody like ali by sayin that his career was all hype. i can understand not thinkin he was the greatest (which he is) but he not all hype. "
Leon Spinks was a legend? This is news to me. A legend among dentists for his emaculate smile maybe. But I digress, Ali beat a few (keyword being FEW) legends. Don't get me wrong, Ali was great but he wasn't the greatest. I'd still argue Rocky Marciano or Jack Johnson would take that title.
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By yodagod

@cascadeking09:
I'm a huge fight fan and have seen most of Ali's bouts.  Ali is a good classical boxer, and a decent counter puncher, but for somebody to say they're the greatest practically at the beginning off their career is an immense overstatement by an egomaniac. And for the general public to buy it is the very definition of hype.  Besides you saying that Tyson is just a fighter and not a boxer makes it sound to me like you haven't seen many of Mike's fights.  Tyson is an extremely talented infighter and a good counterpuncher,  both of which are styles that a classical boxer is susceptible to.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cascadeking09
@Deo Wade:  rocky marciano wasnt the geatest either. i never said spinks was a legend, as far as know tyson never beat let alone koed a legend. few is better than none.
@yodagod: i have several tapes full of mike tyson's fights, he never showed anything in fight that made me believe he had skills. you say that ur a fan of ali but then you said that its wrong for him to say that he's the greatest at the beginning of his career. to me that should be something a fan knows. ali learned from a profesional wrestler or somethin like that that more people will come to his fights if they see him calling out great fighters claiming he could beat them and calling himself the greatest to see him lose. thats the reason behind him claimin to be the greatest he wasnt the first person to do that, ali did things that alot of really great boxers werent even capable of thats what makes him the greatest not just hype.
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000

tyson was only great due to the fact that most people he fought were chumps, ali has got speed and power and has a much great reach theres no way tyson can take him
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By yodagod

There are a lot of guy Tyson even at his best couldn't beat, but Ali is #1 overrated, and #2 weak to tyson's style. 
Ali having a reach advantage ends up being a weakness against a skilled infighter like Tyson.The reach,the speed, the footwork, and the good chin don't do a lick of good when somebody is inside that reach breaking ribs and punching you in the liver. 
And I know Ali was inspired by Gorgeous George, but I think he actually believed his own hype. 
Deo Wade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Deo Wade
@cascadeking09 said:

" @Deo Wade:  rocky marciano wasnt the geatest either. i never said spinks was a legend, as far as know tyson never beat let alone koed a legend. few is better than none.
@yodagod: i have several tapes full of mike tyson's fights, he never showed anything in fight that made me believe he had skills. you say that ur a fan of ali but then you said that its wrong for him to say that he's the greatest at the beginning of his career. to me that should be something a fan knows. ali learned from a profesional wrestler or somethin like that that more people will come to his fights if they see him calling out great fighters claiming he could beat them and calling himself the greatest to see him lose. thats the reason behind him claimin to be the greatest he wasnt the first person to do that, ali did things that alot of really great boxers werent even capable of thats what makes him the greatest not just hype. "

Marciano's not a candidate for being the greatest?..........I'm convinced that you know nothing about boxing now. Tyson soundly defeated (meaning almost decapitated) Larry Holmes (If he's not a legend I have no idea who is) and  Trevor Berbick (The last person to defeat Ali). That would be end game sir. Your fly by night arguement is now null.
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By yodagod

Incedentally I agree with Deo Wade that Marciano is possibly the greatest heavyweight ever.  Time will tell with the Klitchko brothers.
glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By glforthewin

Ali 

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By cascadeking09
@Deo Wade: u keep misreading what say, i said marciano's not the greatest i didnt say he wasnt a canidate. when i said that when tyson got beat by holyfield he wasnt in his prime, but trevor berbick wasnt somebody young im not gon say he was gettin old but thats messed up to dismiss somethin i say and then say basically the same. there's no way tyson would've beaten ali in his prime. Tyson at 20 vs ali at 20 would end with tyson mouth peice on the canvas with his head right next to it.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By cascadeking09
@Deo Wade: and one last thing, i tyson beatin larry holmes and trevor doesnt make him better and the same thing goes with trevor berbick beatin ali
Deo Wade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Deo Wade
@cascadeking09 said:
" @Deo Wade: u keep misreading what say, i said marciano's not the greatest i didnt say he wasnt a canidate. when i said that when tyson got beat by holyfield he wasnt in his prime, but trevor berbick wasnt somebody young im not gon say he was gettin old but thats messed up to dismiss somethin i say and then say basically the same. there's no way tyson would've beaten ali in his prime. Tyson at 20 vs ali at 20 would end with tyson mouth peice on the canvas with his head right next to it. "
@cascadeking09 said:
" @Deo Wade: and one last thing, i tyson beatin larry holmes and trevor doesnt make him better and the same thing goes with trevor berbick beatin ali "
I've proven my point so I'm not going to argue anymore.
superhitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By superhitman

Ali...look 

Why? 

Ali vs Foreman match...  

Ali was more intelligent 
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cascadeking09
@Deo Wade: me too, there's no reason to argue over opinion. we've both proven our points.
MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MisterGuyMan

Tyson.  Tyson lost focus and discipline once he fired Rooney.  At his Prime would mean the older disciplined Tyson under Rooney or D'Amato.  After that Tyson overly relied  on one punch knockouts. 

Ali is overrated.  For greatest, I'd go with Marciano or Joe Louis.

yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By yodagod
@MisterGuyMan:
that was nicely put
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By cascadeking09
@MisterGuyMan: yeah marciono went his whole career undefeated but that doesnt make him the greatest, ali is not overrated. if anything its a tie between him and rocky m.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By King_Saturn
@MisterGuyMan said:
" Tyson.  Tyson lost focus and discipline once he fired Rooney.  At his Prime would mean the older disciplined Tyson under Rooney or D'Amato.  After that Tyson overly relied  on one punch knockouts.   Ali is overrated.  For greatest, I'd go with Marciano or Joe Louis. "
How is Muhammed Ali overrated ? 
Ali has wins over Archie Moore, Sonny Liston, George Foreman, Joe Frazier, Ken Norton and Floyd Patterson... all of which are in the World Boxing Hall of Fame... Rocky Marciano was great... but even he didnt fight the level of opposition Ali did during his entire career...
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Lantern Prime
@Lantern Prime said:
"@Deo Wade said:
"I'm gonna say Tyson on this one (equips flame shield). You're not going to ropeadope his shots. That'd be a quick way to get internal bleeding or KTFO. As a sport grows so does the level of talent. Ali was better than most of the competition in his era, but he'd get starched by today's talent pool. "
Hes better than anyother era of Heavyweights ever. Joe Louis is the best P4P fighter in the history of the game though. "
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By King_Saturn
@Lantern Prime said:
" @Lantern Prime said:
"@Deo Wade said:
Hes better than anyother era of Heavyweights ever. Joe Louis is the best P4P fighter in the history of the game though. "
"
have you all forgotten the fact that Ali beat Sonny Liston... a boxer who had very heavy hands and a lot of power like a Mike Tyson ? Also... lets not act like George Foreman didnt have tremendous power in both hands either... George retired with 76 wins and 5 losses... and 68 of those wins were by Knockout... George had power to... even if it was quite Tyson level... but dont make it seem like Ali has never fought a boxer with Power before... and what about Earnie Shavers ? Earnie had great Power in both hands as well... and yet Ali defeated him too
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Lantern Prime
@King Saturn said:
" @Lantern Prime said:
" @Lantern Prime said:
"@Deo Wade said:
"
have you all forgotten the fact that Ali beat Sonny Liston... a boxer who had very heavy hands and a lot of power like a Mike Tyson ? Also... lets not act like George Foreman didnt have tremendous power in both hands either... George retired with 76 wins and 5 losses... and 68 of those wins were by Knockout... George had power to... even if it was quite Tyson level... but dont make it seem like Ali has never fought a boxer with Power before... and what about Earnie Shavers ? Earnie had great Power in both hands as well... and yet Ali defeated him too "

What are you talking about? Are directing this to Deo Wade? Because if your directing it to me then its futile because I have the same exact opinions! 

All I said was Joe Louis was the best P4P fighter of all time. And actually I remeber Ali saying the same thing!
killermike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By killermike
@Lantern Prime said:
"@Lantern Prime said:
"@Deo Wade said:
"

nope sugar ray robinson best pound for pound fighter.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By cascadeking09
@killermike: that man had alot of fights too.
MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MisterGuyMan

You can be an all time great and still be overrated.  Tyson's like Favre.  The media and everyone else is in love with him.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Static Shock
@MisterGuyMan said:
" You can be an all time great and still be overrated."
What about Michael Jordan?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Static Shock
@MisterGuyMan said:
"Ali is overrated.  For greatest, I'd go with Marciano or Joe Louis. "
I can understand why you think of Marciano as the greatest. He never lost a fight, and I think the majority of them were KOs. Only one of them were won based on decision.