Avatar image for luke_moonwalker
Luke Moonwalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Luke Moonwalker

Lol, I think your intention was to do Tony Jaa vs Jackie Chan and Mike Tyson vs Muhammad Ali...right?

Bucketz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bucketz
@Luke Moonwalker said:
Lol, I think your intention was to do Tony Jaa vs Jackie Chan and Mike Tyson vs Muhammad Ali...right?
No lol. I like mixing martial artists with boxers :)
Bucketz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wise Son
Is this a boxing match or a martial arts match or a mix martial arts match?
Avatar image for luke_moonwalker
Luke Moonwalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Luke Moonwalker

Jackie Chan wins by hitting Ali with various items he finds in a comical way.

Bucketz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bucketz
@Wise Son: Its a mma match I suppose.
Avatar image for i_madc_imageguy_
I'maDC/ImageGuy!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By I'maDC/ImageGuy!

Take out Jackie and put in Superman then we'll talk......

Bucketz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bucketz
@iplayps3_galactus said:
@Bucketz said:
@iplayps3_galactus said:
omg..
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/killer-croc-vs-magneto-read-op/616823/  
PSH that is no where near as bad as this,mohamed ali already lost to a martial artist and didnt throw 1 punch,he screamed like a girl. 
No. What you did was a complete and insane curbstomp that everyone posting in that thread was like "Wtf, is he crazy"? This is actually debatable and Boxing fans can back Ali up. 

Lol Killer Croc  vs Magneto. What a joke.
LONGTIME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LONGTIME
  Jackie gets KTFO.
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lance Bastro

Bucketz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bucketz
@LONGTIME said:
  Jackie gets KTFO.
Any reasons?
LONGTIME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LONGTIME
@Lance Bastro: You changed my mind with that vid, Jackie wins via chain punch.
Bucketz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bucketz

Just wanted to throw this out here. The OP pictures look awesome with each other.

WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WindCloud

Jackie's not a real fighter.  He's more of a martial performer specializing in stunts.  Therefore, if it was a fair fight where he cannot use all tricks and means necessary to out-quick and out-maneuver Muhammad Ali (meaning that if he had to go toe-to-toe trading blows with Ali), then Jackie would lose.   The only way Jackie would win is if there were no rules and Jackie had to use unconventional/unorthodox H2H means.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By nefarious

Jackie wins.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Static Shock

Ali wins.  

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Static Shock
@Lance Bastro: I'm wondering what the video is supposed to prove, considering the fact that it's a movie that's only loosely based on Yip Man. It's not even an accurate representation of his life, nor does it give Jackie any bit of hope against a professional fighter. 

@Bucketz: You should really stop making these mismatch fights. 
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lance Bastro
@Static Shock said:

@Lance Bastro: I'm wondering what the video is supposed to prove, considering the fact that it's a movie that's only loosely based on Yip Man. It's not even an accurate representation of his life, nor does it give Jackie any bit of hope against a professional fighter. 

@Bucketz: You should really stop making these mismatch fights. 

it's not just about jackie chan vs ali. it's more about styles... boxing whether if its ali or someone else, are purely strikers and strikers that are most comfortable using their arms to extend.   
in kung fu whether if its shaolin, wing chun or the choreographed wushu is a practice of being comfortable using your entire body as "the weapon". let's say if there were two muhammad ali's from different realities of the same time-line. 1 of them became a legend at boxing while the other became a legend of kung-fu.... the kung-fu muhammad ali would win... or win more times than the boxer would.    

and if there was a boxer jackie chan vs a kung fu jackie chan.... the same would be said.
Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lokheit
@iplayps3_galactus said:
@Bucketz said:
@iplayps3_galactus said:
@Bucketz said:
@iplayps3_galactus said:
omg..
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/killer-croc-vs-magneto-read-op/616823/  
PSH that is no where near as bad as this,mohamed ali already lost to a martial artist and didnt throw 1 punch,he screamed like a girl. 
No. What you did was a complete and insane curbstomp that everyone posting in that thread was like "Wtf, is he crazy"? This is actually debatable and Boxing fans can back Ali up.  Lol Killer Croc  vs Magneto. What a joke.  
Well sorry for offending the masses and insulting the wealthy race of comic book fans,may i be hung LMFAO. 

This is ridiculous though,Jackie chan has never really competed and ali competed 1 time and looked like an assclown   
I think Jackie wons clearly. 

And BTW... wtf is that guy in the video trying throwing himself to the ground so many times? He doesn't even catch Ali's leg, is kinda wierd :S
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Static Shock
@Lance Bastro said:
it's not just about jackie chan vs ali. it's more about styles... boxing whether if its ali or someone else, are purely strikers and strikers that are most comfortable using their arms to extend.   in kung fu whether if its shaolin, wing chun or the choreographed wushu is a practice of being comfortable using your entire body as "the weapon". let's say if there were two muhammad ali's from different realities of the same time-line. 1 of them became a legend at boxing while the other became a legend of kung-fu.... the kung-fu muhammad ali would win... or win more times than the boxer would.     and if there was a boxer jackie chan vs a kung fu jackie chan.... the same would be said.

Even if they are purely strikers, they are trained to compete and take punishment in actual fights. Jackie Chan is only trained to perform martial arts as a means of putting on a show, using choreographed moves and stuntwork to entertain an audience. He isn't trained to compete or fight other skilled opponents with it. The purpose of his fighting ability is theatrical. Why is it that he's never fought professionally or actually competed against skilled fighters outside of motion pictures? How can we be sure of how skilled he really is if he's never competed before? It's all about how each fighter is trained and what they are trained for. Even if Jackie is using his whole body as a weapon, is he actually powerful enough to hurt Muhammad Ali (striking power)? Can he last long enough to fight him (endurance; boxers in Ali's time fought for 15 rounds)? Is Jackie durable enough to withstand punches from a professional boxer (supposed to be more than two to three times as powerful than the punch of an average person)? We don't know the answer to any of these questions, but considering the type of training Jackie has had, it's safe to assume to that he doesn't have what it takes to win here. 

So much for Wing Chun. Bruce Lee has even admitted that Muhammad Ali would beat him in an actual fight. People seem to think that whatever they see in martial arts films extends to the real world, which isn't always the case. A lot of martial arts is bullcrap. Watching too many martial arts films is the reason for this, and even then, most of the martial artists within them aren't actual fighters, nor have they competed.
Avatar image for marvelrules2011
marvelrules2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By marvelrules2011

Jackie chan

Devias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Devias

Would this have a different result if it was Bruce Lee instead of Jackie Chan? And no, none of that Bruce Lee is omnipotent crap. He's a god, sure.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cascadeking09
@Static Shock: For the record, both Bruce Lee and Jim Kelly actually fought before they were in films.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Static Shock
@cascadeking09: I don't know about Jim Kelly, but there's no verifiable evidence of Lee's fighting record. Chuck Norris stated that he never fought professionally, and he was Bruce Lee's best friend. 
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By King_Saturn
Muhammad Ali was a real life fighter... Jackie Chan is a great action star... but Ali has the Size, Reach and probably even Hand Speed over Jackie Chan...
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Static Shock
@Devias said:
Would this have a different result if it was Bruce Lee instead of Muhammad Ali?
No. It wouldn't be different at all.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cascadeking09
@Static Shock: I've seen videos of both of them in tournaments, but I haven't seen the fights from Bruce when he did just him at the tournament.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Static Shock
@cascadeking09 said:
@Static Shock: I've seen videos of both of them in tournaments, but I haven't seen the fights from Bruce when he did just him at the tournament.
I've seen the same videos. Bruce Lee only did demonstrations in those tournaments. He never competed. 
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By cascadeking09
@Static Shock: U sure?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Static Shock
@cascadeking09 said:
@Static Shock: U sure?
If you are referring to the Long Beach Karate Championships that he appeared in, he only did demonstrations (one-inch punch in 1964 and unstoppable punch in 1967). He had one sparring demonstration for Jeet Kune Do in another tournament.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cascadeking09
@Static Shock: That's probably it.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Static Shock
@cascadeking09: Yep. Other than that, it's very likely that Bruce has never, ever competed professionally. People talk of his 'boxing record,' but there's nothing that verifies it, nor is there information on the people he's fought. All other fights, which weren't professional, were all eye-witness accounts. He may still be the greatest martial artist of all time, but it doesn't mean that he's greatest fighter on top of that. He's more of a teacher than a fighter. 

Jim Kelly, however, is supposed to be a middleweight champion in karate (just looked it up). I'd put him up against Ali before I'd put Bruce or Jackie.
Devias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Devias
@Static Shock said:

@Devias said:

Would this have a different result if it was Bruce Lee instead of Muhammad Ali?
No. It wouldn't be different at all.
Sorry. Made an error. I meant 'if it was Bruce Lee instead of Jackie Chan', not Muhammad Ali. 

By the way, I'm glad you're back.
Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Wow... just wow... Ali would destroy, absolutely destroy, Jacki Chan within moments.  
I gotta wonder how some people figure close to 100lbs of body weight (in Ali's case mostly muscle) can be overcome? Someone with such a weight advantage would have to have almost zero training to be taken down by someone half their size like that. Ali was a master striker...  
This thread my friends, is pure Spite.
Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

M-O-O-N that spells Ali...Jackie Chan can't take hit from especially a rabbit punch from Ali.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By cascadeking09
@Static Shock said:
@cascadeking09: Yep. Other than that, it's very likely that Bruce has never, ever competed professionally. People talk of his 'boxing record,' but there's nothing that verifies it, nor is there information on the people he's fought. All other fights, which weren't professional, were all eye-witness accounts. He may still be the greatest martial artist of all time, but it doesn't mean that he's greatest fighter on top of that. He's more of a teacher than a fighter.  Jim Kelly, however, is supposed to be a middleweight champion in karate (just looked it up). I'd put him up against Ali before I'd put Bruce or Jackie.
Yeah, he's a beast.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Static Shock
@Devias: I never left. LOL.
LONGTIME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By LONGTIME
@Static Shock: Yep.    
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Static Shock
@cascadeking09 said:
Yeah, he's a beast.
Hell, I'd put Van Damme against Muhammad Ali before I'd put Jackie or Bruce. Van Damme has a professional record. He was 22 - 2 before he went into acting.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Static Shock
@LONGTIME: Damn. I forgot how fast his hands were.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By cascadeking09
@Static Shock said:
@cascadeking09 said:
Yeah, he's a beast.
Hell, I'd put Van Damme against Muhammad Ali before I'd put Jackie or Bruce. Van Damme has a professional record. He was 22 - 2 before he went into acting.
Have u seen kickboxer?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Static Shock
@cascadeking09 said:
Have u seen kickboxer?
Yes. It was a good movie. Vinatage Van Damme for the win. 

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By cascadeking09
@Static Shock: That's my favorite Van Damme movie.
LONGTIME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By LONGTIME
@Static Shock: Yeah he had great hand speed and great foot work. LMAO at the start of that Ali vid, Ali: "I shook up the world, I shook up the world I'm king of the world, I'm pretty" interviewer " your not that pretty" LMFAO
Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock:  But around the time Kickoxer or Double impact was made, didnt Vamm Damme get into a fight in a bar and was knockout from one hit the jaw?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Static Shock
@FortressoftheMoon said:
@Static Shock:  But around the time Kickoxer or Double impact was made, didnt Vamm Damme get into a fight in a bar and was knockout from one hit the jaw?
I didn't know about this, and I'm not sure what this is supposed to prove, either. 
Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#48  Edited By turoksonofstone
@LONGTIME said:
  Jackie gets KTFO.
Bucketz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Bucketz
@Static Shock said:
@Lance Bastro said:
it's not just about jackie chan vs ali. it's more about styles... boxing whether if its ali or someone else, are purely strikers and strikers that are most comfortable using their arms to extend.   in kung fu whether if its shaolin, wing chun or the choreographed wushu is a practice of being comfortable using your entire body as "the weapon". let's say if there were two muhammad ali's from different realities of the same time-line. 1 of them became a legend at boxing while the other became a legend of kung-fu.... the kung-fu muhammad ali would win... or win more times than the boxer would.     and if there was a boxer jackie chan vs a kung fu jackie chan.... the same would be said.
Even if they are purely strikers, they are trained to compete and take punishment in actual fights. Jackie Chan is only trained to perform martial arts as a means of putting on a show, using choreographed moves and stuntwork to entertain an audience. He isn't trained to compete or fight other skilled opponents with it. The purpose of his fighting ability is theatrical. Why is it that he's never fought professionally or actually competed against skilled fighters outside of motion pictures? How can we be sure of how skilled he really is if he's never competed before? It's all about how each fighter is trained and what they are trained for. Even if Jackie is using his whole body as a weapon, is he actually powerful enough to hurt Muhammad Ali (striking power)? Can he last long enough to fight him (endurance; boxers in Ali's time fought for 15 rounds)? Is Jackie durable enough to withstand punches from a professional boxer (supposed to be more than two to three times as powerful than the punch of an average person)? We don't know the answer to any of these questions, but considering the type of training Jackie has had, it's safe to assume to that he doesn't have what it takes to win here.  So much for Wing Chun. Bruce Lee has even admitted that Muhammad Ali would beat him in an actual fight. People seem to think that whatever they see in martial arts films extends to the real world, which isn't always the case. A lot of martial arts is bullcrap. Watching too many martial arts films is the reason for this, and even then, most of the martial artists within them aren't actual fighters, nor have they competed.
Wasn't Jackie Chan a Chinese boxing champion before he became an actor? He also leaned multiple martial arts as well. 
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Static Shock
@Bucketz: Not sure where you read that, but it's dubious. I just tried to find information on that, and I got nothing.  

Michael Jai White has trained in multiple styles, too. He's never competed professionally, saved for the street fighting he did in high school. Doesn't mean anything if you aren't trained for competition.