Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Ms Marvel - Carol Danvers

No Caption Provided

X-O Manowar - Aric of Dacia

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Current reboot X-O Manowar. 616 Ms Marvel. No Binary.
  • In character.
  • No prior knowledge.
  • Fight to the death, knockout or incapacitation.

Location - The Moon

No Caption Provided

Who takes it?

Ms Marvel Respect Thread

X-O Manowar Respect Thread

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Carol I think

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Can I just say X-O Manowar wins, since I like him more?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can I just say X-O Manowar wins, since I like him more?

Absolutely. Lol.

They seem evenly matched to be honest.. travel speed, Aric should be about even with her when he isn't going-into-space fast, due to the fact he's caught up with Eurofighter Typhoons pretty casually. For energy absorption, Carol drained a city while the X-O armor drained a massive space station and blew it up (although the host died due to being at the heart of the explosion, but it still shows that X-O wouldn't be easily drained by Carol and visa versa). In terms of strength, I haven't seen much from Carol apart from stuff like flipping trucks (after skimming her respect thread). The X-O armor has thrown a car, and has lifted a pretty massive escape pod out of the ocean. Not sure what tonnage of strength feat that is, but it was pretty good. I don't know Ms Marvel's durability feats though. Or healing. Both of Aric's are great in those categories.

It may come down to who uses their powers better in the end.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last bump

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Good match ILS.

Aric can pull off a win but Carol maybe be a match for him..

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: So there IS another Valiant reader on comicvine!

I love X-O Manowar, but I think Miss Marvel takes this one. This is going to be pure hand to hand going up against someone who has energy attacks to fall back on.

Why? Well, while X-O has shown some energy absorption abilities, he's also shown that energy attacks, especially those of the explosive variety, are still very effective against him. To top it off, all of his other attacks are energy based. This includes his sword, his energy projection, and even his armor's own power supply. Ms. Marvel has shown extreme energy absorption (draining a city block in little to no time in the Skrull invasion) and resistance to energy attacks. Over and above this, they serve to empower her.

I see X-O falling back on energy attacks early in the fight, which will only serve to empower his opponent early on. And while he is an amazing fighter (probably better than Ms. Marvel), he is a little slower, and not quite as strong from what I've read thus far.

Again, I love X-O Manowar, and this should be a pretty good fight. But I'm going to back Ms. Marvel.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: I've been heavy into Valiant since the earlier days of the reboot man. So has @fallschirmjager@strider92 and I believe @allstarsuperman and others who I'm forgetting. We've made respect threads for X-O Manowar, Ninjak, Archer and Armstrong, Shadowman and more probably.

Energy attacks don't empower Ms Marvel passively, do they? I thought she had to actively drain them? And is it any scale of energy she can absorb, or will a strong enough dosage of it overwhelm her resistances and hurt her? If she can no-sell Aric's energy attacks, there's a good chance she can win. But seeing as Aric has tanked direct, full-scale artillery from the Vine, and theoretically can withstand a nuke, he should be in good standing to hold his own here.

Well for strength, X-O has casually flown through jets, lifted and thrown a car, smashed a tank easily, and lifted a pretty sizeable escape pod out of the ocean.

No Caption Provided

For speed, he's dodged torpedos, speedblitzed a group of MI-6 agents in h2h and caught a missile.

For overall damage output, he's oneshotted an aircraft carrier through what appeared to be a physical flight-blitz, casually fodderized Russian tank battalions, absorbed the energy from a Vine fleet of ships and then unleashed it, destroying them completely and caused building sized explosions as an after-effect of fighting a Vine warrior. And probably more I'm forgetting.

I think this can really go either way.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Oh he's fast, Mach 10 so far has been his fastest showing from what I've seen. He's also got teleportation (only shown a couple times), and a few other exotic abilities. But I'm not sure he's Ms. Marvel fast, at least not in combat. And I though those MI-6 agents were part of the Vine?

As for strength, Ms. Marvel has held up a portion of a skyscraper with a little effort. She also took hits from a Skrull Hulk-clone (more than a few) while she dragged it into space, and she's easily lifted up Venom-Empowered Dinosaurs during Deadpool and Cable IIRC.

Finally, for the energy draining, she can do both from what I can tell. I'd have to double check that one though. That being said, once she sees an energy attack, she'll likely know how to handle it.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Mach 10 was just him crashing though. But he's gone much faster than that. He went from ground to orbit in the time it took someone to say a short sentence. He should be at least as fast as Carol. Teleportation? I can't remember that haha. They were a part of the vine.

How big a portion? If it was roughly as heavy as the escape pod Manowar pulled, should make them quite equal. The skrull Hulk thing is impressive, although I guess it depends on the nature of the blows. Easily lifting dinosaurs is good.

Well, I don't read Ms Marvel so I can't really comment on if she can passively drain energy or not. And whenever I've asked for feats in the past for her, people have been.. pretty withheld in revealing them to me. I honestly feel like Carol can be overrated at times. Not by you, by quite a few others. I just want to know her proper capabilities.

I dunno if she'll have a very easy time with Aric if he really lets loose. Guy is a low-tier powerhouse.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Floopay

@i_like_swords: The problem is, if he REALLY lets loose, then she will also REALLY let loose, and we're back to the same position we're in now.

Again, I don't think this is a stomp, I think it's a good fight, and it's most definitely debatable. I'm just saying that I am personally siding with Carol.

Here's the collapsing Tower/Skyscraper, she's doing this while flying, you can see it in the background in the last panel. As you see, she had to wait for the Sentry to put I-Bars across the entire thing before she could let go, so a good portion of it's weight was on her.

No Caption Provided

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Well, what kind of destructive output has Carol shown?

Fair enough, I'm glad you think it's close bro.

Yeah that is extremely impressive. It seemed to cause her quite a bit of strain between the sweating and her dialogue, but it's still impressive. X-O could arguably do it, if you went by the train of thought that the armor seemingly effortlessly dragging a massive escape pod out of the ocean depths is comparable. Between the water resistance and the effort exerted, I think it marks up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buuump

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Carol can absorb way more than a city in terms of energy. Too much energy will turn her into Binary. She is faster in combat,she is a class +100 now and her durability has allowed her to take hits from the likes of Wonder Man who is well above the 55.000 tons.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She lifted two train carts while weakened and bench pressed 92 tons with ease.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with Miss marvel this time, but x-o manowar does stand a chance.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

She lifted two train carts while weakened and bench pressed 92 tons with ease.

Physical strength is up for dispute. The Manowar armor lifted that massive metal vessel as seen in the scan above, and it's worth noting that it was also full of water and being pulled through water, which only makes the feat more and more impressive.

@linkjt said:

@i_like_swords: Carol can absorb way more than a city in terms of energy. Too much energy will turn her into Binary. She is faster in combat,she is a class +100 now and her durability has allowed her to take hits from the likes of Wonder Man who is well above the 55.000 tons.

As can Aric, probably. She doesn't seem overly fast. And was Wonder Man really hitting her with 55,000 tons of strength? Or was it one of those times where two characters have a random bust up in a team book/crossover event where one or two blows are exchanged despite them being in different classes entirely (notable example, Batman kicking Spectre).

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By linkjt

@i_like_swords: Wonder Man was mind controlled to kill her so he wasn't holding back. I will post speed feats for Carol later.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Wonder Man's mind was being messed with, so I doubt he was holding back.

She's stronger, utilizes her powers better, trained by Captain America, better durability. Also when she was in her black suit, she was said to have a better healing factor than Wolverine, confirmed by Beast.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember she blitz Super Skrull outerspace when he had the powers of Sentry and World War Hulk.

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: I agree with everything you said except the better healing factor than Wolverine part.

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

I remember she blitz Super Skrull outerspace when he had the powers of Sentry and World War Hulk.

The Super Skrull was not as powerful as Hulk or Sentrey by a considerable margin. But it's still a valid feat for the character she is fighting here.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linkjt: I know that he has only 50% of a character's power but it's a good feat

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

@linkjt said:

@lukehero: I agree with everything you said except the better healing factor than Wolverine part.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I included the issues numbers in the scans. Ms. Marvel is one of those characters who's powers are changing all the time. First she started out has classic Ms. Marvel, then Warbird, then what I call Black Suit which is what is in the picture in the OP, then Red Suit.

Heck when she was Red Suit, for a little while she developed with weird brain tumor that wouldn't allow her to fly, but she healthy again.

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: She still had Kru at the time that had to do with her healing factor. After Kru left her body i doubt her normal healing factor is on par with Logan's let alone better.

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

@linkjt: I know that he has only 50% of a character's power but it's a good feat

Yes it's a good feat.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linkjt said:

@lukehero: She still had Kru at the time that had to do with her healing factor. After Kru left her body i doubt her normal healing factor is on par with Logan's let alone better.

Oh OK. It looked like some weird Alien ish. How good is her normal healing?

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@linkjt said:

Oh OK. It looked like some weird Alien ish. How good is her normal healing?

Her normal healing factor is below Logan's that is for sure. She can heal very serious wounds within a few hours.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linkjt: I remember Carol soloing a large Skrull army during secret invasion and all of the Skrulls had super powers. I think she's got more than enough juice to take down XO Man of War.

theendgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: That is impressive. I know that XO has destroyed a Vine Army who wore power suits made from their Advanced alien tech. Not saying it's the same but just like the warships of old, Manowars were made to take on fleets, armies and legions of opposition. My point being that this kind of thing is in his wheelhouse. Just my opinion obviously.

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By linkjt
theendgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linkjt: She does look better than Aric...

Yes indeed.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linkjt: Cool. Does she have any reaction times? What does her marvel handbook say?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By cameron83

@linkjt: So it's common for her to speedblitz, but how fast is she? Also, I remember seeing a scan of her with Yelena Belova saying that she can absorb powers? Is this true? Because I never knew that she could do that....

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Super Powers? No, not unless they are energy based.

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linkjt: So it's common for her to speedblitz, but how fast is she? Also, I remember seeing a scan of her with Yelena Belova saying that she can absorb powers? Is this true? Because I never knew that she could do that....

Faster than Supersonic.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By cameron83

@lukehero: The scan confuses me, then:

No Caption Provided

Also, what's her reaction time?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linkjt said:

@cameron83 said:

Faster than Supersonic.

What Mach speed range would you put her at?

Would you say Mach 2-3? Or Mach 5?

theendgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aric speed blitzed Ninjak. Even as a human Ninjak doesn't get tagged very easily. And it was from a pretty good distance. So.... They both fast.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: The scan confuses me, then:

No Caption Provided

Also, what's her reaction time?

Sounds like whoever she is fighting can absorb energy, and now she is taking it back.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carol

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By linkjt

@lukehero:

@linkjt said:

@cameron83 said:

Faster than Supersonic.

What Mach speed range would you put her at?

Would you say Mach 2-3? Or Mach 5?

Carol is Mach 5.

No Caption Provided

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linkjt: Is that travel speed? That must be combat, because she has left the Earth's atmosphere which takes reentry speeds.

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@linkjt: Is that travel speed? That must be combat, because she has left the Earth's atmosphere which takes reentry speeds.

Well reentry speed is still hypersonic,way faster than Mach 5 obiously but still Hypersonic.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linkjt: Also, just asking, but did she once absorb a nuke?

And I heard that she took a hit from a mind controlled Hyperion? Is that true?

I know next to nothing about Carol.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By mickey-mouse

@linkjt said:

@lukehero said:

Well reentry speed is still hypersonic,way faster than Mach 5 obiously but still Hypersonic.

No Caption Provided

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@linkjt said:

@lukehero said:

No Caption Provided

I have seen so many people talking about massively hypersonic. Reentry speed fits that category. Or are you saying that Reentry is sub light speed?.

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linkjt: Also, just asking, but did she once absorb a nuke?

And I heard that she took a hit from a mind controlled Hyperion? Is that true?

I know next to nothing about Carol.

She took a hit from a unstable Sentry. She absorbed a nuke and then punched him.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers