Ms. Marvel vs Vector

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

Ms. Marvel (current) vs Vector (standard).

Battle takes place on the Washington Mall (there are no people around). They start 50' apart. In character. No speedblitzing.

Who wins? Why?

Ms. Marvel
Ms. Marvel
Vector
Vector
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
I'm betting on Vector. He has consistently managed to deal significant damage on someone much more durable than Carol at her regular levels (Hulk), going as far as to flay the skin off the bones of the merged persona, the Hulk's healing factor being the sole thing preventing his defeat. If Vector unleashes I believe he could pull it off similarly here.
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By owie  Moderator

@Morpheus_ said:

I'm betting on Vector. He has consistently managed to deal significant damage on someone much more durable than Carol at her regular levels (Hulk), going as far as to flay the skin off the bones of the merged persona, the Hulk's healing factor being the sole thing preventing his defeat. If Vector unleashes I believe he could pull it off similarly here.

Vector can definitely deal out the damage. Do you think Carol can dodge and strike with an energy blast from a distance, which the Hulk could not?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Owie: Even if she did, Vector can use his power in order to emulate shields in order to protect himself (it has worked both against energy attacks and objects like bullets), and his durability, while not up to her standards, is still not poor - having sustained hits both by the Hulk and Thor at various times. Ms Marvel has a fair shot at winning in case she manages to close the gap and end it quickly, but the closer she gets the more likely it is for Vector to connect, and his attacks can expand in radius in order to reach her, having utilized an omnidirectional attack against the Hulk before.
davelecave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By davelecave

Won't Carol just absorb the energy?

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By owie  Moderator

@Morpheus_ said:

@Owie: Even if she did, Vector can use his power in order to emulate shields in order to protect himself (it has worked both against energy attacks and objects like bullets), and his durability, while not up to her standards, is still not poor - having sustained hits both by the Hulk and Thor at various times. Ms Marvel has a fair shot at winning in case she manages to close the gap and end it quickly, but the closer she gets the more likely it is for Vector to connect, and his attacks can expand in radius in order to reach her, having utilized an omnidirectional attack against the Hulk before.

You're right, I forgot it can repel energy too.

@davelecave said:

Won't Carol just absorb the energy?

I'm not sure. I was thinking about that as a possible strategy for her. I understand it as more of a telekinetic, almost abstract kind of repulsion, rather than a kind of literal energy. He was able to deflect magic and even technological attempts of people to find Gamma base. So it may not be the kind of thing she can repel.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jeanroygrant

Vector maybe

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Ms.Marvel.SLAUGHTERHOUSE.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By owie  Moderator

@Vance Astro said:

Ms.Marvel.SLAUGHTERHOUSE.

Because? Her speed? Or her ability to absorb energy? Or something else?