• 139 results
#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

Going to have to take Starfire in this one.

#3 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah i agree, Starfire wins.

#4 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

Are we talking looks or powers LOL! Anyway I think Starfire's powers make her the winner - but I wouldn't mind being rescued by either of them!

#5 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't Ms. Marvel just absorb her power. I feel they may be equal in strength but the more power Ms. Marvel absorb the more powerful she would become.

I goin with Ms Marvel

#6 Posted by DRDOOMSDAY360 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

SAME HERE MS. MARVEL

#7 Posted by SeanAKAMisery (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms Marvel would win this she could absorb energy thrown at her as pointed out.

She is stronger in strength by how much not sure, but more than enough

She could go Binary if she absorbs enough energy, I know Methos said this is not Binary, but he never said she can't go Binary if she absorbs enough energy.

Ms Marvel wins hands down

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Going to have to take Starfire in this one. "
I'm going to assume your joking.
#9 Posted by SeanAKAMisery (1860 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Gambler said:
I'm going to assume your joking."
I hope he is I already proved why Carol takes the win lol
#10 Posted by One-Above-You (1907 posts) - - Show Bio
SeanAKAMisery said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Gambler said:
I'm going to assume your joking."
I hope he is I already proved why Carol takes the win lol
"
His post was made 5 months ago...
#11 Posted by intothetempest (288 posts) - - Show Bio

Well seeing as the last post was made 2 years ago I think it's time we have a look at the battle now, have power levels changed between the 2 characters? I'd say Ms Marvel pretty much in agreement of what every body else said

#12 Posted by 651 (202 posts) - - Show Bio

ms marvel 

#13 Posted by Achilles. (3847 posts) - - Show Bio

2 years!! 
any way ms marvel wins.

#14 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire.

#15 Posted by beatboks1 (7307 posts) - - Show Bio

Miss Marvel. In no way is Kory as strong or durable as Carol

#16 Posted by Renee (10289 posts) - - Show Bio

I would go with Starfire.

#17 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire

#18 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@beatboks1 said:
" Miss Marvel. In no way is Kory as strong or durable as Carol "
The strength issue is debatable. I can agree that Starfire doesn't have as many strength feats as Ms. Marvel. All we have to go by for Starfire is that she's still stronger than Donna, who has shown to be Class 100+, recently. The durability issue is supported by her ability to take a blow from Wonder Woman, as far as other things.
#19 Posted by beatboks1 (7307 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @beatboks1 said:
" Miss Marvel. In no way is Kory as strong or durable as Carol "
The strength issue is debatable. I can agree that Starfire doesn't have as many strength feats as Ms. Marvel. All we have to go by for Starfire is that she's still stronger than Donna, who has shown to be Class 100+, recently. The durability issue is supported by her ability to take a blow from Wonder Woman, as far as other things. "
Is this a recent change. I was a huge fan of the Wolfman and Perez era titans, but have only picked up the odd book with Starfire in it since the end of the New Titans in 96 (or was it 95)
#20 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

starfire

#21 Posted by Night Thrasher (3698 posts) - - Show Bio

by David Yardin
#22 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@beatboks1: Well, after Donna's most recent retcon, she was established to be a magical copy of Wonder Woman. In Wonder Woman's last run, Donna was strong enough to engage her in physical combat (which would support the Class 100+ strength, although she isn't as strong as Wonder Woman). But, in a recent Titans issue, when Kory was beating someone to a pulp, Donna was unable to hold Kory back with her strength alone, and needed Mon-El to help her. I took that to mean that Kory was still stronger than her, as she's always been.
#23 Posted by Xavier St. Cloud (1924 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire
#24 Posted by beatboks1 (7307 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @beatboks1: Well, after Donna's most recent retcon, she was established to be a magical copy of Wonder Woman. In Wonder Woman's last run, Donna was strong enough to engage her in physical combat (which would support the Class 100+ strength, although she isn't as strong as Wonder Woman). But, in a recent Titans issue, when Kory was beating someone to a pulp, Donna was unable to hold Kory back with her strength alone, and needed Mon-El to help her. I took that to mean that Kory was still stronger than her, as she's always been. "
Thanks I may have to reconsider my choice.
#25 Posted by Sinestro2828 (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe that Starfire would beat Ms Marvel in a fight because Star's strength levels are in the 100+ class whereas Ms Marvel can normally only handle like 70 something tons, and can only exceed those normal limits for brief periods of time whereas Star's normal strength level far exceeds her own, and if Star were to go berserk as she's been known to do sometimes she'd crush Ms Marvel instantly. 

Ms Marvel supposedly has energy absorbing powers I think, but CAN be overloaded if the blast is more than she can handle, and Starfire is powered by the sun and capable of going supernova, so even that wouldn't be enough to help Carol win.  Kory would emerge the winner of this bout.

#26 Posted by God_Spawn (38102 posts) - - Show Bio

im gonna have to say kori on this one
#27 Posted by Fire Star (3478 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Marvel.
#28 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a bit of a Ms. Marvel fanboy, but she loses this match up. Starfire is too much for her on a physical level.

#29 Posted by MarquisDeTagle_ (81 posts) - - Show Bio
non-Binary Ms. marvel doesn't have a chance against Starfire. Starfire wins
#30 Posted by Sherlock (7273 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire takes this with ease

#31 Posted by karrob (4280 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Marvel

#32 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

starfire

#33 Posted by termiteone4ever (7694 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire Strength is way greater not to mention her powers. Her durability is pretty high much higher than miss Marvel. 
Starfire got this.
#34 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a lot of people are under-estimating Ms. Marvel here!!

#35 Posted by Fire Star (3478 posts) - - Show Bio
@termiteone4ever said:
"Starfire Strength is way greater not to mention her powers. Her durability is pretty high much higher than miss Marvel. Starfire got this. "

Ummm what do you mean by powers ? 
And she is not way stronger. Ms. Marvel is at a class 75 ton at normal conditions, however she has been seen to be at 100 level strength many a times. Ummm proof her durability is higher than Ms. Marvel ?
#36 Posted by charlieboy (7165 posts) - - Show Bio

well seeing as how kory's starbolts are just going to make carol stronger i don't think that there is going to be much difference in their physical stats. and carol has held her own against wonder man at normal levels. both are skilled combatants. but i think that since carol's energy absorbing powers take out kory's best weapon that carol has a good shot of winning this.
#37 Posted by FinalStar86 (8681 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sherlock said:
" Starfire takes this with ease "
#38 Posted by charlieboy (7165 posts) - - Show Bio
@FinalStar86:
can i ask why you think that? just curious.
#39 Posted by Fire Star (3478 posts) - - Show Bio

Carol wins due to energy absorbtion.

#40 Posted by adamwarner42 (405 posts) - - Show Bio

Miss Marvel because every bolt Starfire shoots Miss Marvel absorbs and becomes stronger

#41 Posted by Aqua11500 (2647 posts) - - Show Bio
@adamwarner42:  Starfire is an Energy absorber too,and She has warrior experience form on her home world of Tameran,she is probably a better brawler than Carol,and i think she is more durable because of her Alien Physiology,though in strength they are about the same 

I say Starfire 
#42 Posted by charlieboy (7165 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aqua11500:
carol has military experience and training. she once took out mystique h2h when she had no powers.  also carol's powers are of alien origin so i don't see how starfire's alien physiology makes her more durable.
#43 Posted by Fire Star (3478 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aqua11500:
As charlieboy said, she has H2H skills too, and what makes her alien physiology more durable than Carol's ? Any feats ?
#44 Posted by adamwarner42 (405 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aqua11500 said:

" @adamwarner42:  Starfire is an Energy absorber too,and She has warrior experience form on her home world of Tameran,she is probably a better brawler than Carol,and i think she is more durable because of her Alien Physiology,though in strength they are about the same  I say Starfire  "

She has military and C.I.A. experience so I bet she knows hand to hand combat. Also, how is Starfire more durable, Miss Marvel got her powers from an alien orgin so show me feats of Starfires durability that could outrank Ms. Marvel's

#45 Posted by Fire Star (3478 posts) - - Show Bio
@adamwarner42 said:
"@Aqua11500 said:

" @adamwarner42:  Starfire is an Energy absorber too,and She has warrior experience form on her home world of Tameran,she is probably a better brawler than Carol,and i think she is more durable because of her Alien Physiology,though in strength they are about the same  I say Starfire  "

She has military and C.I.A. experience so I bet she knows hand to hand combat. Also, how is Starfire more durable, Miss Marvel got her powers from an alien orgin so show me feats of Starfires durability that could outrank Ms. Marvel's    "

I wouldn't output Starfire's durability either, IMHO they stalemate in that area.
#46 Posted by lastdrag0n89 (590 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms Marvel on this one with difficulty. It will come down to experience and Carol's energy absorbing powers play a big part.

#47 Posted by Sherlock (7273 posts) - - Show Bio

The energy absorbing wont do much Kory is more of a brawler anyway and when she sees that her Starbolts are having no effect i doubt shell keep using them

Anyway shes stronger faster and a better fighter i dont see how Ms marvel will win here

#48 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13407 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms.Marvel
#49 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13407 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aqua11500:
Kori can only absorb solar energy if im not mistaken, whereas Carol can absorb virtually all forms of energy
#50 Posted by Preacherl2k (460 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow this is a tough call, 
Kori is class 100+                                                               Carol 92 tons normally
Kori can absorb UV radiation                                            Carol can absorb all types of energy making her stronger
Kori has a "star blast"                                                         Carol would absorb it and turn into Binary
Kori has a berserker rage making her stronger etc     Carol would need to go Binary to counter that
Kori can survive in space normally                                  Carol can do the same 

Ok this one could easily go either way but in the end I'd give the edge to Carol because if she turns into Binary before Kori goes berserker its over.