#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Queen Kong (1603 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Apollo might be way stronger than her.

#3 Posted by Danko (276 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, i'm not quite sure if their speed is equal. What i read about ms Marvel is that her speed is equal to the speed of sound. Apollo managed to circle the earth in 60 seconds... How does this compare?

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Danko says:

"Well, i'm not quite sure if their speed is equal. What i read about ms Marvel is that her speed is equal to the speed of sound. Apollo managed to circle the earth in 60 seconds... How does this compare?"

Her speed isn't equal to the speed of sound...it's pass that.

#5 Posted by Alpha (7329 posts) - - Show Bio

Queen Kong says:

"I think Apollo might be way stronger than her."

I agree but not so much stronger that she couldn't fight back (unlike if it was Superman). Problem is, he could defeat her with just using his speed and strength. Without a energy source to absorb and making her stronger, she wouldn't win.

#6 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Danko says:

"Well, i'm not quite sure if their speed is equal. What i read about ms Marvel is that her speed is equal to the speed of sound. Apollo managed to circle the earth in 60 seconds... How does this compare?"

whistles

ok, he was going at about 413 miles per second...

holy crap...

while Ms Marvel, at the speed of sound, is going at 340.29 miles per second...

so he's a touch faster than her

M

#7 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Are you serious?"

the circumference of the earth at the equator is 24,902 miles / 40,076 km.

speed = distance / time

speed = 24,902 / 60

24,902 / 60 = 414.33033333333333333333333333333 miles per second

M

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Danko says:
***whistles*** ok, he was going at about 413 miles per second... holy crap... while Ms Marvel, at the speed of sound, is going at 340.29 miles per second... so he's a touch faster than her M"

Are you serious?

#9 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

whistles more

Mach three = 1,020.87 m/s

so she's about 2 or 3 times faster than he is...

M

#10 Posted by Queen Kong (1603 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Are you serious?"

the circumference of the earth at the equator is 24,902 miles / 40,076 km.

speed = distance / time

speed = 24,902 / 60

24,902 / 60 = 414.33033333333333333333333333333 miles per second

M"

Well Ms.Marvel actually flies at Mach 3 which is over the speed of sound.

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Well how strong is Apollo?

#12 Posted by Alpha (7329 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"***whistles more*** Mach three = 1,020.87 m/s so she's about 2 or 3 times faster than he is... M"

I thought Apollo was considered a "Majestic" class character. Wouldn't that make his speed near Mr. Majestic?

#13 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

he's strong... i don't think he's Majestic level strong though...

he's had trouble with people beating him before who are around Ms Marvels class...

M

#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Carol.

#15 Posted by Ace High (625 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't Apollo clocked as going around the world in 30 seconds?

#16 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Could Ms. Marvel restrict solar energy from getting to him? Could Ms. Marvel absorb Apollo's blasts and augment herself? If she could then he is in trouble. If not i think his strength would soon overwhelm her.

#17 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Well apollo is technically stronger then her at the moment since she is at like what 50 tons. However her energy manipulation type powers would give her the upper hand. He is faster he was said to go around earth in like 30 seconds once I think. Chances are it would come down to brute force and who can ever survive each others hits. I'd say marvel probably. I'm not sure how many hits apollo can take though.

#18 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Methos says:
"***whistles more*** Mach three = 1,020.87 m/s so she's about 2 or 3 times faster than he is... M"

I thought Apollo was considered a "Majestic" class character. Wouldn't that make his speed near Mr. Majestic? "

I've said it before, no information has been given about the "Majestic Class". It could be a kind of power set and not a measure of power. All people with the generic Superman powers would then fit in Majestic Class regardless of power level. If it is power level then Apollo might be in that class because of the power levels he can reach after a sundip. In any case, it's just a rank like Omega Level that really doesn't mean anything by itself and shouldn't be used to assume anything about a character.

#19 Posted by DRDOOMSDAY390 (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

(( ms marvel able to lift about 50 tons but since she can absorb various types of energy so she can use this energy to increase her physical strength to levels similar to that of her time as binary hence she is ultimately capable of her lifting in excess of 100 tons something like that))

#20 Posted by the creator (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

Incorrect.

Yes Apollo can fly at 413 miles per second bur Ms Marvel is vastly slower.

You made a mistake in you calculations. The speed of sound is 770 miles per hour, not per second.

So even if Ms Marvel flies at Mach 3 (2310 mile per hour) then she is only moving at 0.64 mile per second.

Therefore she is 644 times slower than Apollo's top flight speed (and that may not be his fastest either).

#21 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

damn... sorry Creator... i didn't spot that... doh!

man, i must have been more tired than i thought

M

#22 Posted by Alpha (7329 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Alpha says:
"Methos says:
I thought Apollo was considered a "Majestic" class character. Wouldn't that make his speed near Mr. Majestic? "
I've said it before, no information has been given about the "Majestic Class". It could be a kind of power set and not a measure of power. All people with the generic Superman powers would then fit in Majestic Class regardless of power level. If it *is* power level then Apollo might be in that class because of the power levels he can reach after a sundip. In any case, it's just a rank like Omega Level that really doesn't mean anything by itself and shouldn't be used to assume anything about a character. "

It would be atleast a place of reference like class 100. Everyone agrees that Majestic is the strongest in the Wildstorm U, so if someone was said to have "majestic class" strength, you could take that as being near his league.

#23 Posted by reeper (5 posts) - - Show Bio

reptile will spite a acid into all ur eyes making u useless

#24 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"Methos says:
Incorrect. Yes Apollo can fly at 413 miles per second bur Ms Marvel is vastly slower. You made a mistake in you calculations. The speed of sound is 770 miles per hour, not per second. So even if Ms Marvel flies at Mach 3 (2310 mile per hour) then she is only moving at 0.64 mile per second. Therefore she is 644 times slower than Apollo's top flight speed (and that may not be his fastest either). "

LMFAO.

#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Logic Mark III says:

"Could Ms. Marvel restrict solar energy from getting to him? Could Ms. Marvel absorb Apollo's blasts and augment herself? If she could then he is in trouble. If not i think his strength would soon overwhelm her."

Ms.Marvel couldn't keep him from absorbing solar energy but she could absorb some herself.If his optic blasts are energy she can absorb it.There aren't many forms of energy she can't absorb.

#26 Posted by Perfect Cell (3470 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Perfect Cell says:

"Methos says:
"http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/22000/21561/5220-ms-marvel_400.jpg ***Vs*** ======== As usual, if you don't know the characters, look them up... Ms Marvel http://www.comicvine.com/ms-marvel/21561/ Apollo http://www.comicvine.com/apollo/2197/ Battle takes place at mid day in downtown LA... please use logic and reasoning in your posts M"
I thought Apollo was a black guy!? "

WE AREN'T TALKING ABOUT APOLLO CREED!!!