Ms. Marvel and Spider-woman(Drew)

Vs

Human Torch and Spider-man

• Morals On
  • No BFR
  • 24 hours prep
  • Win by KO, Death or Incap

#2 Posted by ChaosMarvel (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be the funniest double date ever.

#3 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Team two due to prep.

#4 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

Even with Pete's newly discovered Spider-Fu that he used to dispatch Jessica during Ends of the Earth, I still doubt he could actually stop her if she was in full control as she was brain-washed when he quickly took her out during the event. As for Johnny vs Carol, I'm not sure how much damage Johnny could take from Carol as she's incredibly versatile in both hand-to-hand combat and energy output.

I'd say Team 1 takes it 7/10 times.

#5 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt said:

Team two due to prep.
#6 Posted by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Even with Pete's newly discovered Spider-Fu that he used to dispatch Jessica during Ends of the Earth, I still doubt he could actually stop her if she was in full control as she was brain-washed when he quickly took her out during the event. As for Johnny vs Carol, I'm not sure how much damage Johnny could take from Carol as she's incredibly versatile in both hand-to-hand combat and energy output.

I'd say Team 1 takes it 7/10 times.

I'm not sure. He did beat her pretty convincingly during the end of the earth saga. Morals off though I would definitely put Spider-Man significantly ahead of Jessica, due to feats he performs when he lets loose- destroying buildings, lifting trains etc. In any case, I'd say that spider-man can probably rustle up something in 24 hours to take both of them down. Team however do win soundly in a random encounter with morals.

#7 Posted by Strider92 (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

Team however do win soundly in a random encounter with morals.

Hence the reason I gave prep. Without it Ms. Marvel solo's with medium difficulty. Had to try and make it fair :p

#8 Posted by charlieboy (7096 posts) - - Show Bio

Leaning towards the ladies. Ms. Marvel would just absorb Johnny's attacks. And she could take spidey too.

#9 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

I really doubt Carol could absorb a cosmic control rod-boosted Johnny's attacks, which he still carries around last I saw. Either way, Peter's prep is too much. I also don't think Jessica is beating him in a random.

#10 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt said:

I really doubt Carol could absorb a cosmic control rod-boosted Johnny's attacks, which he still carries around last I saw. Either way, Peter's prep is too much. I also don't think Jessica is beating him in a random.

johnny doesnt have cosmic control rod anymore, Annihilus has it now (again).

#11 Posted by charlieboy (7096 posts) - - Show Bio

Besides wouldn't a powerful enough energy just turn her into her Binary form?

#12 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall When did that happen? I know Johnny lost the election to him, but I thought he had the point was made that he maintained control of the CCR?

#13 Posted by Bo88gdan (4673 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 i think wins

#14 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Team 2, 7/10 because of prep

#15 Posted by SwordandShields (712 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2. for reasons already stated.

#16 Posted by Simon_the_digger (3437 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@BringnIt said:

Team two due to prep.
#17 Edited by MasterM0r0n (333 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2: The Human Torch and Spiderman

@SwordandShields said:

Team 2. for reasons already stated.

@Ferdelance said:

@Killemall said:

@BringnIt said:

Team two due to prep.

@TheAmazingImmortalMan said:

I'm going with Team 2, 7/10 because of prep

@Bo88gdan said:

Team 2 i think wins

@BringnIt said:

Team two due to prep.

All of the reasons stated here.

p0st by,

Master M0r0n

#18 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Girls.

#19 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Ah, I forgot the prep but Peter himself even stated that the reason he was able to take Jessica out so easily was because she was being mind-controlled as were the rest of the Avengers.

#20 Posted by Gritterr (491 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 might still be too much even with team 2 prep. If Carol can absorb from johnny its over

#21 Posted by charlieboy (7096 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Carol is too powerful here. Johnny can't hurt her.

#22 Posted by ThanoStomp (794 posts) - - Show Bio

I must have missed where Spidey became a prep god, but then again I don't read his comics. I still thinks Carol can solo.

#23 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter is incredibly good with prep these days. With 24 hours prep, particularly with his familiarity with the opposition, he can solo.

#24 Posted by ChaosMarvel (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThanoStomp said:

I must have missed where Spidey became a prep god, but then again I don't read his comics. I still thinks Carol can solo.

Slott's Spider-man is making his way towards Bat-prep level lol. He's got a job at Horizon and so has a LOT of toys. If I hadn't read ASM 694 I would say the girls take it but Pete was able to almost completely drain Alpha of all his energy in only a days prep and Alpha was considered to be higher than Phoenix in terms of energy projection. If Spider-man can drain Alpha I don't see why he can't drain Carol as he is even more familiar with her power:

Reed Richards explaining Alpha's powerlevel:

Alpha in Action:

Spider-man draining him after a days prep:

If Spider-man can find a way to drain someone of Alpha's level in just a day then he should be able to drain Carol who he is very familiar with and has less powerful energy in less!

#25 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter should be able to handle Jessica with little difficulty...The only time she beat him was when he didn't have Spider-Sense (it was actually the defining moment that pushed him to actually learn Kung-fu). Spider-Sense + Spider-Fu should make it nearly impossible for her to lay hands on him. He trounced her in Ends of the Earth.

Ms. Marvel is a different story though. Peter is pretty good in the prep department...but Carol doesn't really have any easily exploitable weaknesses. WIth the combined resources of Horizon Labs and the FF though...its not inconceivable he could put something together to take her down. 24 hours prep for Peter (or really any scientifically minded comic book hero) is like 24 months of real world Science.

#26 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

This would end up in a boys meet girls story.

#27 Posted by ThanoStomp (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt: @ChaosMarvel: Good to know. Thanks!

#28 Posted by Kyle_Dornez (261 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosMarvel said:

This would be the funniest double date ever.

Very true =3

#29 Posted by SpiderFan1 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter due to prep. Builds a device that Drains Carol. Then he and Johnny double team Jess.

#30 Posted by SirNickTheEpic (611 posts) - - Show Bio

she hulk is more durabl than carol. johnny dehydrated her. also i dont think carol can absorb johnnys power and even if she could she have to do it while out of energy and also take the heat equal to the sun. johnny is more than a match for ms marvel and also they would make a cute couple.
id say team 2 8/10

#31 Posted by agent41 (4120 posts) - - Show Bio

she hulk is more durabl than carol. johnny dehydrated her. also i dont think carol can absorb johnnys power and even if she could she have to do it while out of energy and also take the heat equal to the sun. johnny is more than a match for ms marvel and also they would make a cute couple.

id say team 2 8/10

carol won't have problem absorbing heat,a powerful enough attack from johnny would turn her into binary.

#32 Edited by Experio (17250 posts) - - Show Bio

Could go either way

#33 Posted by SirNickTheEpic (611 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41:

how would ms marvel deal with dehydration?? also johnny could do it to spider woman at the same time.
also any heat ms marvel gives out would go to johnny so its really a back a forth fight with these two.

#34 Posted by Frisky4 (2148 posts) - - Show Bio

@gritterr said:

Team 1 might still be too much even with team 2 prep. If Carol can absorb from johnny its over

#35 Posted by agent41 (4120 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirnicktheepic: ms marvel can absorb energy. Heat,magic,radiation,etc. johnny can't attack her with fire and unlike she-hulk. Carol can fly,she is faster in combat than johnny and a better fighter than him.

#36 Posted by Kingant27 (7866 posts) - - Show Bio

Prep might give team 2 a win, otherwise, Ms Marvel solo's...