• 78 results
#1 Posted by Wario88 (1619 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto?

#3 Posted by Wario88 (1619 posts) - - Show Bio

How?

#4 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhh, rips Sinister apart with his own body's lead?

#5 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

If it was that easy, he would do it to every hero he came across and he would never lose. It probably takes a great deal of concentration.

#6 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

What would Sinister be able to do to Magneto? He's pretty much a coward who uses other people to fight for him. I don't see why Magneto would have any trouble defeating Sinister. But I could be wrong.

#7 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"What would Sinister be able to do to Magneto? He's pretty much a coward who uses other people to fight for him. I don't see why Magneto would have any trouble defeating Sinister. But I could be wrong."
That's what I was thinking. He does that in the old cartoon but he might have some power I'm not aware. But so far it was just stretching.
#8 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

He used to get his hands dirty before and he wiped the X-Men out pretty easily before Cyclops nailed him. 

#9 Posted by Dark King (3727 posts) - - Show Bio
if sin is non magnetic then sin wins in a good long fight if not mag tears him apart.
#10 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Taking out the X-Men easily is nothing Magneto hasn't done before. But I'm not up on my Sinister knowledge. Maybe I'm overlooking something.

#11 Posted by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"What would Sinister be able to do to Magneto? He's pretty much a coward who uses other people to fight for him. I don't see why Magneto would have any trouble defeating Sinister. But I could be wrong."

Sinister has a knack for turning mutants powers of at his likeing, liking he did with Nate. Mags being one of the biggest mutants in the MU, Sinister would have prepped for him since day one. Sinister can cantrol his molecules/body, so he aint getting ripped apart easily.
#12 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
Dark King said:
"if sin is non magnetic then sin wins in a good long fight if not mag tears him apart."

HowTF would he get past his shield? I say Magneto would still murder him. In fact, Magneto can just shut off the electromagnetic activity in his brain.Gambler said:
"Taking out the X-Men easily is nothing Magneto hasn't done before. But I'm not up on my Sinister knowledge. Maybe I'm overlooking something."
Me too. All I got is a Cable/Deadpool appearance. lol
#13 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Taking out the X-Men easily is nothing Magneto hasn't done before. But I'm not up on my Sinister knowledge. Maybe I'm overlooking something."
I was just addressing that his lack of fighting is not for lack of ability. 
#14 Posted by Dark King (3727 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
yes your are he literally walked through all the x.men and x force combined. sinister is far from being a push over. even mag cant do that to the x men.
#15 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
Dark King said:
"yes your are he literally walked through all the x.men and x force combined. sinister is far from being a push over. even mag cant do that to the x men."
Is this back during the "Inferno" arc? If so it wasn't  that clear cut. I also think it was X-Factor and not X-Force. But character A beat character B logic goes both ways. Gambit as well as Cyclops have both solo'd Sinister so as you can see its a double edged sword. And Magneto could do just about anything he wanted to in the Marvel U (as he's shown).
#16 Posted by Dark King (3727 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Dark King said:
"yes your are he literally walked through all the x.men and x force combined. sinister is far from being a push over. even mag cant do that to the x men."
Is this back during the "Inferno" arc? If so it wasn't  that clear cut. I also think it was X-Factor and not X-Force. But character A beat character B logic goes both ways. Gambit as well as Cyclops have both solo'd Sinister so as you can see its a double edged sword. And Magneto could do just about anything he wanted to in the Marvel U (as he's shown). "
no it was during the onslaught story arc, and you are right abc logic doesnt work but that storyline displayed some of sinisters abilities.
#17 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this could have potential for a very interesting fight. Unless things have changed Sinister does have a degree of super human strength, and his control over his body gives him incredible durability. He is also known to be one of the most powerful telepaths. Not sure if Mags helmet still blocks that, but if not then there is his win factor. He also is a talented telekinesis user and could perhaps use that to remove his helmet so he could get access to his brain.

But I honestly don't know who would win. I think it would be a great fight and Sinister would(does) have some sort of plan for if he ever had to go up against Magneto.

#18 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinister has telepathy and telekinesis? Does his powers change a lot or something? lol I've seen him blast energy from his hands, stretch his arms, and now this?

#19 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
gunswordfist said:
"Sinister has telepathy and telekinesis? Does his powers change a lot or something? lol I've seen him blast energy from his hands, stretch his arms, and now this?"

Powers

Sinister was genetically changed by Apocalypse. This mutation has granted him an extended lifespan, which is why currently he is nearing two hundred years of age. Complimentary with Apocalypse's genetic engineering he gained superhuman strength and a resistance to injury. Through his own experiments, Sinister has spliced the DNA of others to gain their abilities such as telekinesis, telepathy, shape-shifting abilities, and the power to shoot energy blasts from his hands. He is also able to reform himself, allowing him to completely heal from Cyclops' optic blast.Of all those Exodus knows, Sinister is one of the six most powerful telepaths, meaning he is very powerful. He is also arguably the greatest geneticist in the Marvel Universe, though it can be debated. He is capable of doing a vast amount of things including augmenting his own power, cloning his deceased servants and many other abilities.Sinister also has a vast array of technology, which has helped him both gain new powers and do other astounding feats through genetics. He also has his own Cerebro that enables him to locate any mutant, anywhere.Many writers of Mr. Sinister have described his powers as inconsistent since he seems to gain powers when they are needed, and sometimes they will never be seen again. This may be signs of an adaptive ability.
#20 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio
Andferne said:
"I think this could have potential for a very interesting fight. Unless things have changed Sinister does have a degree of super human strength, and his control over his body gives him incredible durability. He is also known to be one of the most powerful telepaths. Not sure if Mags helmet still blocks that, but if not then there is his win factor. He also is a talented telekinesis user and could perhaps use that to remove his helmet so he could get access to his brain.But I honestly don't know who would win. I think it would be a great fight and Sinister would(does) have some sort of plan for if he ever had to go up against Magneto."
His helmet still blocks telepaths and has withstood the combined forces of Jean Grey and Xavier. Magneto's shield is nearly invulnerable and I seriously doubt anything Sinister is packin would get through. Magneto can potentially effect Sinsister as well as the area around him. Alot of Sinister's genetic feats would be moot in this fight. Unless we're talking about prep and other variables. In which case Magneto has created machines to ugment his powers as well.

#21 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"His helmet still blocks telepaths and has withstood the combined forces of Jean Grey and Xavier. Magneto's shield is nearly invulnerable and I seriously doubt anything Sinister is packin would get through."
I'm just curious as to someone using TK to remove his helmet and then prying into his mind with TP. I don't recall it ever happening which begs me to wonder why it was never tried. Same principal for Juggernaut, they had to remove his helmet to effect him, why not do the same with Mags?

Does his force field keep him safe from telekinesis? moving an object with your mind. I think IF Sinister could get his helmet off then he would have a chance at winning here, but otherwise he is going to be bailing and taking a loss.
#22 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Jean has tried (she has TK). But his shields are to strong even for TK to get through.

#23 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"I believe Jean has tried (she has TK). But his shields are to strong even for TK to get through."
I just think it is odd that it would not be able to work. I would think that you could use TK to lift it and not have to fight through the shield as it could be a power that is not needed to penetrate the beerier. I guess it just depends on how TK works for them.

But yeah if he is not able to remove Mags head then I don't think he can win here. At least not alone and not without prep time. If both were allowed prep however I believe that Sinister could overcome Mags. As I see him as a better planner but not by much as Mags is no slouch in that department.
#24 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto OVERKILL.

#25 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
Andferne said:
"gunswordfist said:
"Sinister has telepathy and telekinesis? Does his powers change a lot or something? lol I've seen him blast energy from his hands, stretch his arms, and now this?"

Powers

Sinister was genetically changed by Apocalypse. This mutation has granted him an extended lifespan, which is why currently he is nearing two hundred years of age. Complimentary with Apocalypse's genetic engineering he gained superhuman strength and a resistance to injury. Through his own experiments, Sinister has spliced the DNA of others to gain their abilities such as telekinesis, telepathy, shape-shifting abilities, and the power to shoot energy blasts from his hands. He is also able to reform himself, allowing him to completely heal from Cyclops' optic blast.Of all those Exodus knows, Sinister is one of the six most powerful telepaths, meaning he is very powerful. He is also arguably the greatest geneticist in the Marvel Universe, though it can be debated. He is capable of doing a vast amount of things including augmenting his own power, cloning his deceased servants and many other abilities.Sinister also has a vast array of technology, which has helped him both gain new powers and do other astounding feats through genetics. He also has his own Cerebro that enables him to locate any mutant, anywhere.Many writers of Mr. Sinister have described his powers as inconsistent since he seems to gain powers when they are needed, and sometimes they will never be seen again. This may be signs of an adaptive ability.
"
So that's why its so confusing. Damn writers.
#26 Posted by Attrition (319 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate. Theres not much they could do to each other.
#27 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Mags.

Sinister is tough but he doesn't have the firepower to harm Magneto.  Sooner or later, he'll be crushed.

#28 Posted by acaipapaya (516 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom: Mr. Sinister has complete control over his body on the cellular and molecular level.  Than means that Magneto can not do anything to Mr. Sinister's body.  Sinister is a master of mutant genetics.  He could simply turn off Magneto's powers or do something else to that effect.     %Pr
#29 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio
@acaipapaya:
Won't matter when Mags does this to him.  And after he finds out what Sinister did to mutants and jews over his illustrious career, Magneto won't stop until every clone body and every single cell of Sinister and every one of his creations is destroyed.

#30 Posted by acaipapaya (516 posts) - - Show Bio
@yodagod: Magneto  can not do  anything that would hurt Sinister.                     %Pr
#31 Edited by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio
@acaipapaya said:

" @yodagod: Magneto  can not do  anything that would hurt Sinister.                     %Pr "

Really? Thanks for telling me.  I never knew Sinister could survive unaided in space, survive a black hole being opened in his chest, or survive being torn apart on a molecular level.  Granted he can transfer his essence to a clone body, but eventually he'll run out of them.  The two being destroyed above are around equal power levels to Externals.  They are supposed to be the next evolutionary step beyond mutants and Mags did that to them without effort.  And that's one of his weakest powers.  In fact their leader who ends kneeling before Magnus has killed Sinister with little effort over a dozen times.  In all actuality it's Sinister who can't do anything to harm Magneto.  Not the other way around.  Now I wouldn't put it past Sinister to have some kindof contingency plan for dealing with Mags, but nearly every Magneto specific plan I've seen doesn't take in to account all of his other powers, just his magnetism.  He can manipulate gravity and space time as well, though not as easily, and through his Magnetism has complete control of his own molecular structure as well as the subatomic molecular structure of everything else. 
#32 Posted by acaipapaya (516 posts) - - Show Bio
@yodagod: Magneto can not tear Sinister apart on a molecular level because Sinister has COMPLETE control over his body on a cellular and molecular level.  That means that no one can manipulate or affect Sinister's body except for Sinister.  Not to mention, if Sinister was somehow thrown into space he could simply teleport back to Earth.  With his telekinesis Sinister can stay put.  Sinister has a healing factor. Magneto does not.
#33 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio
@acaipapaya:
Just because he has control over his molecular structure doesn't mean he can't be torn apart.  That becomes power vs power and in that contest Magneto easily wins.  Sinister also wouldn't be able to teleport if Magneto were manipulating his brain, and he can.  Sinister's telekinesis vs Magneto's electromagnetic and gravitic control again loses. And Sinister's healinh factor isn't enough when he's in pieces, at that point he needs a new body.  He's been destroyed before many times.  Again, the ones he destroyed in the scan are another step beyond mutants.  They all have a wide array of powers, and one of them, by herself, before she gained all of her powers killed Sinister over a dozen times.  Enough times in fact that he was runnung out of clone bodies and was afraid of her.  And she bows before Magneto, because he's on another level entirely.  Magneto, if he knew the attrocities Sinister is responsible for, would not suffer him to live.  He would wipe him out on a molecular level, and not just him, but everyone who's worked for him, and everything he's ever owned or been involved with.  Magneto's force field alone has withstood blasts from Phoenix, Thor, and Galactus.  What is Sinister going to do that Galactus can't.  Magneto can increase his strength and durability to 100 class.  That's apocalypse range.  Sinister can't handle that.  And Magneto is also a genius, so Sinister's biggest advantage, his intelligence is moot.  His other big advantage is his telepathy, and while he's powerful, he isn't as good as Professor X and Jean Grey together, and that's the level you need to be to even stun Magneto.  Exodus who is a team buster himself, and perfectly willing to take on the X-men and the Avengers at the same time, and beat them by the way, including eternals, Exodus is afraid of Magneto.  He followed Magneto because he was sure that Magnus was more powerful than himself and that says a great deal.
#34 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinister IMO has the edge here but don't underestimate Mags
#35 Posted by acaipapaya (516 posts) - - Show Bio
@yodagod: Hello.
      I hope I am not annoying you, but I am very curious about this situation.  If Sinister can be torn apart, as you say, then Sinister does not  have COMPLETE control over his body on a cellular and molecular level, but Sinister does , and is stated to, have COMPLETE control over his body on the cellular and molecular level.  Could you kindly explain to me how Magneto can manipulate Sinister's brain? Sinister is, according to Exodus, one of the 5 most skilled telepaths Exodus knew of. Sinister is telepathic.  Sinister has been blown to pieces before.  It took him a while to get back together again though.  This occurred in the  "Reunion" episode for the 90's X-Men animated series. May I ask who has Sinister before many times? 
      Magneto and SInister are both very intelligent scientists. Magneto had the intelligence to create mutates in the Savage Land.  However, SInister specializes in mutant genetics and Sinister's knowledge in mutant genetics is far greater than Magneto's knowledge in mutant genetics. RIght? 
      Furthermore, Mr. Sinister's telepathy is roughly the same as Exodus's in terms of skill, experience and power.  Correct me if I am wrong though. 
#36 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio
@acaipapaya: 
I enjoy debating and don't annoy easily, not to worry.   
#1 Sinister's control over his body is complete in that he can heal himself, reshape himself, etc...  It is a power that is based on his willpower and constitution, both of which are considerable.  If Magneto rips him apart it would basically be like a tug of war on a molecular scale.  Since Magneto can tap in to the magnetic field of the entire planet at once, and tap in to the electromagnetic and gravitic matrices on at least a global scale, and can manipulate matter not just on a molecular level, but a subatomic scale I believe he wins this "tug of war". 
#2 Magneto can through the same means listed above, halt bloodflow to his brain (which Sinister can adapt to, but will it be in time?). Mags can destroy specific parts of his brain rendering him helpless until he regenerates, can manipulate the electrical impulses in his brain sending conflicting signals and keeping him stunned until dead, Magneto has seriously awesome powers. 
#3  Sinister is smarter slightly, and much more knowledgeable in genetics yes.  Even to the point that he could mutate himself to be immune to magnetism.  It still isn't enough to stop Magneto, who manipulates not only magnetism but also gravitational fields, radiation, and light, and has subatomic molecular control of nearly everything. 
#4  It would be fair to say that Sinister is Exodus' equal in telepathy.  I'd say slightly lower power level, but significantly more experience so they probably nearly equal out. 
Not to say that Sinister wouldn't have a chance, but his showings are notoriously inconsistent.  His powers seem to vary based on which powers he has bred in to a given clone body.  Sinister has a stockpile of cloned and genetically engineered bodies waiting, and in the event of his death, he transfers his consciousness in to one of his waiting bodies.  Domina, the leader of the Neo, who now serve Magneto killed him so many times he was nearly out of bodies.  It's one of the reasons he is currently presumed dead, though I doubt that he is.
#37 Posted by acaipapaya (516 posts) - - Show Bio
@yodagod: Hello.

So that means that Sinister does NOT have COMPLETE control over his body on the cellular and molecular level then.  Right? 

Also, Sinister could simply turn off Magneto's powers and I guess be unfair.  Could Sinister's telepathy protect himself from Magneto's attacks on Sinister's brain? Could Sinister heal fast enough from this? 

Also, Sinister could just find another host body, as opposed to his clone bodies right?
#38 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio
@acaipapaya:
Sinister being overpowered by another being with higher power level doesn't mean his control is any less, it just demonstrates Magneto's power.  It's like if 2 guys are armwrestling.  The one who loses doesn't have any less control of his arm, he was just overpowered. 
Sinister doesn't have any way to remove Magneto's powers other than telepathy.  Magneto has held off multiple telepaths who are more powerful than Sinister while also fighting and using his powers.   Given enough time it's possible he could develop tech to suppress mutation, but it woud affect himself as well.  Even if he did, Magneto has shown resistance to the highest levels of mutant suppressor tech already, and with his senses of the electromagnetic spectrum, he has shown that he is able to sense when devices like that are activated and protect himself.  If Sinister really made him angry enough, Magneto could literally tear the planet apart and kill everyone.  He's thought about doing it before, and he's already shown that he can stop the Earths rotation and create instant volcanoes.  He could tear it apart with the magnetic field or just tear out the Earth's core.  Fairly simple feats for Magneto though physically draining.  Sinister has nothing near that level of power.

Sinister hasn't been shown taking any bodies he didn't already have prepared as far as I know.  He may have the potential to do that though.
#39 Posted by Jx4gz (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinister has already beaten Magneto 

#40 Posted by WeaponX510 (1020 posts) - - Show Bio
@Push said:

" Gambler said:

Sinister has a knack for turning mutants powers of at his likeing, liking he did with Nate. Mags being one of the biggest mutants in the MU, Sinister would have prepped for him since day one. Sinister can cantrol his molecules/body, so he aint getting ripped apart easily. "
i was thinking the same thing.Sinister would probabley win this just because im pretty sure he has preped for magneto..... but if not it is obvious that magneto can beat him
#41 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio
@WeaponX510:
Most people who prepare for Magneto make two mistakes.  #1 they only prepare for magnetism, Magneto has many other powers and #2 they underestimate his level of control, not expecting subatomic up to global control.  Even with his magnetism hampered Mags still can win though it's a much more difficult proposition.  And this situation doesn't specify prep.  In a random encounter this is a mags stomp.  With prep it is closer, but I'd say it's not unlikely that Mags could have prepped for Sinister as well.
#42 Posted by acaipapaya (516 posts) - - Show Bio
@yodagod: Hey,

So what exact powers and abilities does Sinister's complete control over his body on the cellular and molecular level give him?

Also,  in the  "Reunion" episode for the 90's X-Men animated series Sinister managed to use a part of Sauron's DNA and put that into a machine that made all mutants in the Savage Land no longer have their powers.  Sinister made devices for himself and his team to have them keep their powers and they were able to keep his powers. So Sinister could win this way, which would not be fair.  
#43 Posted by Assman (1863 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:

I do know Sinister has defeated a whole bunch of xmen, and is no slouch at getting his hands dirty himself when he needs to.  Not to mention the fact he can control his molecules and is hard to physically harm.
#44 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio
@acaipapaya:
Animated series isn't good to base arguements on because they aren't true to the comics.  Sinister could do that, but Magneto has had people do things like that before.  His power level is so high those type of machines usually dont work on him.  Also he is iften able to sense them being activated and shield himself.
#45 Edited by acaipapaya (516 posts) - - Show Bio
@yodagod: Hello,

So if Magneto were to tear or rip Sinister apart and for some reason just leave him there, could Sinister gather himself back together with his telekinesis or his complete control over his body on the cellular and molecular level and the heal from the wounds Magneto caused him? Or would he be dead and simply find a new host body? Could Sinister heal from being ripped apart?

Furthermore, if Magneto were to rip him apart and then send him through outer space, could he bring himself back together somehow with his powers and then heal and then teleport back to Earth? Sinister's malleable form allows him to have almost complete immunity to pain.  Could Sinister survive in space?

Also, would Doctor Doom be able to have a 100% perfect contingency plan that covers all of Magneto's versatile powers and abilities to defeat Magneto?

Finally, could Mr. Sinister make himself completely, 100% immune to all of Magneto's powers and abilities? That way Sinister could not be hurt at all.   Sinister could win easily in this scenario. In addition, what has Mr. Sinister done in the past  that would make Magneto angry and vengeful and want Magneto to kill Sinister?
#46 Posted by acaipapaya (516 posts) - - Show Bio
@High Revolutionary: Where and when did Sinister defeat Magneto?
#47 Posted by High Revolutionary (3166 posts) - - Show Bio
@acaipapaya: 

I was thinking Apoc. 
#48 Posted by acaipapaya (516 posts) - - Show Bio
@High Revolutionary: Where and when did Apocalypse defeat Magneto?
#49 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto would win. His powers are way too versatile. Sinister definitely isn't a pushover- he's actually pretty impressive, but Magneto has 45 years of crazy feats under his belt.

#50 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio
@acaipapaya:
If Sinister were completely torn apart he would die.  His healing factor isn't  a proper healing factor, it's more like using his tk to pull himself back together, so if he takes enough damage he can die.  Cyclops has killed him, Domina has killed him, Apocalypse has killed him, he even killed himself once.  I think even Sabretooth killed him once, but he always seems to have a spare clone body.  He's able to exist astrally for a time, and is able to then place his conciousness into a clone body.  If he takes a lot of damage, he will usually opt for that rather than continue to take damage.  In the case of being completely torn apart I dont think he can heal.  And Magneto could rip him apart at a subatomic molecular level. I believe Sinister needs to breath, so even if he were durable enough to avoid explosive decompression, he  would still freeze and be unable to breath in space. 
Magneto would be so vengeful, because Sinister was instrumental in some of the experimentation on Jews in the Nazi deathcamps, and that is a picnic compared to some of the horrors he inflicted on mutants in his 100 odd years of genetic experimentation.  Sinister is a very fitting name.   In comics most anything is possible, but I don't think he could ever make himself completely immune to Magneto's powers, and even if he himself weren't harmed by them, Magneto still has other options, like destroying the planet. 

Doom probably could devise a plan that would defeat Magneto, even at his best.  Magneto and Sinister are geniuses, Doom is a legitamate super-genius.  He is in the top five most intelligent non-god level characters in Marvel and has plans for nearly everything.  He has pulled off some of the most impressive feats and is one of the most successful villains in Marvel.  He has made himself a match for Dr. Strange magically, has outsmarted Mr Fantastic, has stolen the Silver Surfer's powers, I think he was even instrumental in defeating Galactus once.  Anyone who can do those kind of things has at least the potential to beat anyone any time. 
And incedently, Sinister has not defeated Magneto, at least not in 616.  They barely know of each other's existence.