Mr. X and Gorgon vs Hulk and Rulk (with a twist)

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb43747b6f33
deactivated-5eb43747b6f33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Mr. X and Gorgon have the Murumasa Blade. Bloodlust on. Who takes it?

vs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By pooty

Hulks win. THunder claps. ground pounds and to use the swords they have to get close. the blades do not kill the hulks on contact. Hulks stomp

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Simon_the_digger

Hulks win

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Hulks stomp.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guttridgeb said:

Hulks stomp.

What about when Daken left Skaar limping off from their fight? I doubt it's a stomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jsav777: Hulk is far more durable than Skaar, I wouldn't be surprised if the blade didn't pierce Hulk's skin. Even if it does, without his healing factor, Hulk is just going to get angrier that he isn't healing and get stronger as a result.

Haaydrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Haaydrian

Heh. I'm undecided. But to be fair:

Mr. X is by far the week link on team 1. His stats are pretty much only human and whilst his reaction is heightened due to his power, there's only so much he can do with that. Gorgon on the other hand is a completely different story, I can see him taking down vital points in the Hulks without them being able to react (ie the Eyes) or using the stare immediately from the get go. I also doubt that the Hulks will be able to tag him without PIS, which means that he's going to be able to maneuver through them well. As for the Thunder Claps, Gorgon's tanked hits from Stonewall but so the claps aren't going to be doing anything to him, apart from displacing him from his position. There's no terrain, so a normal scenario is assumed, which means that Gorgon won't be BFR'd or won't fall down any lengths, rendering the Thunderclap useless as a measure of winning. With the combined use of speed and skill, Gorgon can go in and out of the Hulk's reach, going about it slowly.

@guttridgeb said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the blade didn't pierce Hulk's skin.

That's a fair point, I recall the blade being destroyed though I can't remember exactly by what. If it is, it becomes exceedingly harder, though I do believe it would still pierce the sort tissue of Hulk.

Even if it does, without his healing factor, Hulk is just going to get angrier that he isn't healing and get stronger as a result.

You're talking as if he gets angry and increases strength ten thousand fold in an instant. It doesn't happen like that.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

They have m-blades?  Team Hulk is about to enter a whole new world of pain.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Haaydrian said:

You're talking as if he gets angry and increases strength ten thousand fold in an instant. It doesn't happen like that.

I know, but Hulk rarely experiences pain for much longer than a few seconds. An open wound is seriously going to p*** him off.

Haaydrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Haaydrian

@k4tzm4n said:

They have m-blades? Team Hulk is about to enter a whole new world of pain.

Maybe you can clarify whether they would be able to penetrate the skin of Hulk, because I can't remember what actually broke the blade for the goddamn life of me.

@guttridgeb said:

@Haaydrian said:

I know, but Hulk rarely experiences pain for much longer than a few seconds. An open wound is seriously going to p*** him off.

You're making it out to be something much bigger than it is. He's not going to get pissed enough. For this to actually matter, he'd have to be subjected to a long fight where he get damaged enough, he's not going to go all flarking bonkers at a superficial cut.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Haaydrian: Hulk has been known to get pretty pissed off at pretty minor things during battles. Something like this is going to make him angry enough for it to make a difference.

Haaydrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Haaydrian

@guttridgeb said:

@Haaydrian: Hulk has been known to get pretty pissed off at pretty minor things during battles. Something like this is going to make him angry enough for it to make a difference.

And do what?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Haaydrian: What he usually does. Smash.

Haaydrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Haaydrian

@guttridgeb said:

@Haaydrian: What he usually does. Smash.

...Would you like to read my original post? Because I've been through this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Haaydrian: Hulk is incredibly fast as well. I believe he can run at 300mph at base. This also increases with rage,

Haaydrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Haaydrian

@guttridgeb said:

@Haaydrian: Hulk is incredibly fast as well. I believe he can run at 300mph at base. This also increases with rage,

That's the speed which he runs at, which proves absolutely nothing in terms of his reaction speed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Haaydrian: In order to succesfully run at such speeds without crashing into everything, good reaction speeds are needed. Sorry, I thought that went without saying.

Haaydrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Haaydrian

@guttridgeb said:

@Haaydrian: In order to succesfully run at such speeds without crashing into everything, good reaction speeds are needed. Sorry, I thought that went without saying.

...Sigh.

Lets put it this way, just for simplicity's sake, because this would otherwise go off on a completely different tangent:

Hulk has shown no feats with a reaction time that is mention worthy. Feel free to prove me otherwise with a scan.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Haaydrian: It absolutely would penetrate Hulk/Rulk's skin.  Even the m-blade lacing on Daken's wrist claw was able to give Skaar grief.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Haaydrian: Currently, I don't seem to be able to post pictures and my scanner isn't working anyway. If I find something on Google and I am able to post it, I'll edit this post.

Haaydrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Haaydrian

@guttridgeb said:

@Haaydrian: Currently, I don't seem to be able to post pictures and my scanner isn't working anyway. If I find something on Google and I am able to post it, I'll edit this post.

...You're free to do whatever you want.

Haaydrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Haaydrian

Thanks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Haaydrian said:

@guttridgeb said:

That was an odd thing to say, sorry if its because I'm irritating you :)

Haaydrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Haaydrian

@guttridgeb said:

@Haaydrian said:

@guttridgeb said:

That was an odd thing to say, sorry if its because I'm irritating you :)

You could name an instance as opposed to looking for a scan.

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DocFatalis

The OP (especially the blades) make team 1 win. Gorgon is a pretty scary character.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Haaydrian: True. I'll have a look through my comics. It might take a while though. I could do with getting to sleep soon - its getting pretty late where I am :)

VileBlues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By VileBlues

All right, I have no real opinion on the winner. I have no scans on me at the moment, but I'm pretty sure there have been multiple instances of agile characters trying to outmaneuver Hulk and get a surprising SMACK knock the breath out of them for underestimating his speed.

I am -not- however, trying to contest that Hulk has a great amount of reaction time, only that he could possibly manage to recklessly get his relenting attacker off of him, briefly. Just trying to give Hulk that much credit, rather than letting my appreciation of Gorgon's character cloud my judgment. I am also not sure how they both have a Muramasa blade, or if that's even necessary given that (debatable) the Grass cutter could do harm, but too little is known about it to say for certain. We do know it can at least cut beings like Ares, who is just a little under the likes of Hercules and Thor, and sadly, was written to job many of his battles. X can read, but the mind of the Hulk I doubt is one easily predicted by Mr. X, and his human limitations would probably have him taken out first, if Gorgon doesn't simply kill him to take the Muramasa for himself (Since he has before dual-wielded katanas, if I remember correctly)

So on Gorgon's side, we can see martial arts and speed blitzing performances, telepathy to further aid his reaction time, and two blades, one which will definitely stop a healing factor, and possibly cut skin.The other blade, (Grasscutter) will more than likely definitely cut through his dense muscle tissue, and (this is solely speculation) since it is designed to kill "Gods" like Thor or Herc, could potentially have the same devastating effect.

Furthermore, Gorgon is a genius, and his strikes on Wolverine seemed to hint that he had stabbed specific organs to further hinder him from retaliating, doing the most damage possible. We can assess from this, if it called for it, Gorgon has the speed, combat abilities, and telepathy combined with his intellect, will know when the perfect opening is available to strike a target such as the eyeball, throat, solar plexus, ears, and other weak spots on the body. A blade that can kill gods or a blade the nullifies healing going through the eyeball and into a Hulk's brain? Ouch. Last in Gorgon's favor, is his own ability to heal. If he does take a nasty blow, we know he'll at least be able to get up from it and pursue the fight. If the collateral damage inducing sheer strength of two Hulk's become a very heavy burden to fight against, we have our last defense, which Hulk's aren't likely prepped for: Stone gaze.

To be fair however, if Mister X gets taken out, the sheer power of Rulk and Hulk together would be nasty to go against solo.

I make no judgments or predictions, merely relaying what I know on the character I favor to give insight on what tools he has that could show him favor and more than a fair chance to win under these conditions.

Also, my last two cents- Because of his limitations as a human, Mr. X was completely humiliated from a speed blitz from Quicksilver, mentioning how it was completely useless to be able to read moves that were too fast for him to react to. Gorgon similarly fought a speedster (I believe she was anyways) from the Secret Warrior's team. While maybe not as fast as Pietro, she was able to give Dark Hawkeye if I remember right quite a beating. Against Gorgon however? She was bested in a single strike that caused her the loss of her arms. I would take from this that Gorgon's reaction time is no laughing matter.