Mr. Mxyzptlk VS. Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Easternwind

@baron_von_santa: yeah that makes no sense. Now that I think of it I shouldnt really of brought up the SBP thing, cuz it makes 0 sense that he could do that.

Also the scene of Mxy throwing up and getting beat on is %#&&ing gross.

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@easternwind: lol, I actually bought the comic. god I regret that move

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baron_von_santa: Well it was a big Dc crossover event, to bad it sucked. Damn you countdown, even the event you are counting down to thinks you suck

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for clownprinceofcrime1995
clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baron_von_santa:

Don't see how he can't beat LT since Mxy is slightly under the Presence (above lucifer and Michael) since he doesn't operate within the presences laws only the ones set by himself. Since Lucifer or Michael = LT mxy > LT

Also Mxy can mess with writers so he could be classed in TOAAs level (TOAA is the writer) as he can edit the storyline.

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#106  Edited By Van_Cere

@clownprinceofcrime1995: I will not even bother correcting that post, it has so many mistakes in it it would take me an hour.

scratch that. this list will answer your question

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/van_cere/lists/dc-most-powerful-characters/50192/

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere:

Mxy is severely underrated and never has shown his true potential, theoretically he could destroy reality and everything in it

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere:

I doubt destroying the universe everyday would ever be canon but aye well.

He also has shown 4th wall intelligence

Emperor joker nearly destroyed reality with 99% of mxys power with no practice. He only did not achieve this because he could not destroy batman

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clownprinceofcrime1995: the spectre lost because he was Hal Jordan spectre at the time. he is a pretty powerful character, but not as powerful as unbound spectre who depowered all magical beings when he destroyed the 9th age of magic. and mxy certainly is nothing compared with lucifer.

4th wall breaking is nothing. when a character does that, it is because the writer allowed it. in marvels case, TOAA. in DCs, well, the 1 being on my list.

the list is pretty accurate as far as lists for DC power levels go though.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mxy lol especially if it's WF Mxy..

@clownprinceofcrime1995 lol yeah true, I seem to remember he tried killing Batman over and over but couldn't?

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere:

Well mxy doesn't actually exist in reality and nothing outside his dimension can hurt him. Didn't he also destroy the spectre ok multipule occasions and he's never gone full out. Plus book rewriting and 4th wall knowledge of saying to superman "and sell more issues" puts him closer to TOAA/presence than pretty much anyone.

(Mxy is part of the source and since the source > the presence and the presence = TOAA mxy is at least near equal

@vaeternus:

Yeah because he's dependant on him, he are all the population of china with chopsticks though that was pretty good.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By aquaman01

@van_cere:

Well mxy doesn't actually exist in reality and nothing outside his dimension can hurt him. Didn't he also destroy the spectre ok multipule occasions and he's never gone full out. Plus book rewriting and 4th wall knowledge of saying to superman "and sell more issues" puts him closer to TOAA/presence than pretty much anyone.

(Mxy is part of the source and since the source > the presence and the presence = TOAA mxy is at least near equal

@vaeternus:

Yeah because he's dependant on him, he are all the population of china with chopsticks though that was pretty good.

The source is actually a part of the presence, so the presence is stronger than the source.

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01:

Wait didn't the source create the presence? The source dictates what exists and what doesn't

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos stomps. Mxy is one of the dumbest comic characters ever created.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01:

Wait didn't the source create the presence? The source dictates what exists and what doesn't

No, it is just one of aspect of the Presence. Others are The Source, The Voice, The Hand, and (I think) Radiant.

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01:

Didn't DD just tear the radiant in half though? Wouldn't put that in league with the others.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Myx lives in the filth dimension, writers in the third. This was made canon in Action Comics, so yes Myx stomps.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01:

Didn't DD just tear the radiant in half though? Wouldn't put that in league with the others.

I actually don't know much about Radiant to be honest. Who is DD? I just heard that Radiant was part of God or something.

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01:

Hunter prey Doomsday negated the fact radiant was made of pure energy and ripped him in half, nearly sure of it. Radiant killed him once but as we know death doesn't mean much to DD

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01:

Hunter prey Doomsday negated the fact radiant was made of pure energy and ripped him in half, nearly sure of it. Radiant killed him once but as we know death doesn't mean much to DD

Ah okay. I don't know too much about Radiant besides the DC wiki :) However, the most famous aspect of God is the Presence who is normally considered to be either the most powerful form of God or even God himself.

For example, in Lucifer, Lucifer wasn't afraid of the Source Wall as it didn't even affect him. However, he stated that he wasn't as powerful as God. So, Presence>Source.

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01:

Aaaaah I get you. It's just that mxy kinda exists outside of the presences influence so no one really controls him. If he was actually villainous the omniverse wouldn't exist. But he's a prankster so he'd be bored if he destroyed reality and the omniverse

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01:

Aaaaah I get you. It's just that mxy kinda exists outside of the presences influence so no one really controls him. If he was actually villainous the omniverse wouldn't exist. But he's a prankster so he'd be bored if he destroyed reality and the omniverse

That isn't true. Mxy lives in the 5th dimension, still part of DC universe. Presence has power over the whole multiverse and all the dimensions. Heck, Lucifer can beat Mxy. The thing is, it isn't like Mxy is a god or anything. The reason why he stomps most beings from the main DC universe is because they exist in the 3rd dimension and, because he lives in the 5th, Mxy can just manipulate the 3rd. The Presence is above any universe or dimension.

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01:

Mxys easy to beat because he doesn't take things seriously, but I thought that he was kinda abstract even to the presence. And he messes with speech bubbles and stuff which indicates a larger level of reality warping.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01:

Mxys easy to beat because he doesn't take things seriously, but I thought that he was kinda abstract even to the presence. And he messes with speech bubbles and stuff which indicates a larger level of reality warping.

Nah, he is "just" a reality warper. Mind you, still easily one of the most powerful beings out there of course. But people like Lucifer and Michael should be able to beat him as Myx's powers come from being able to defy the 3rd dimension's laws of physics thus allowing him to do anything he wants. People like Lucifer and or at least, God, are not "just" 3rd dimensional beings. They are higher than that.

For example, let's say there is a 6th dimension. The people there can alter reality to the 5th dimension. Does that make them stronger than God? No, because, while they are able to defy the laws of reality, they aren't omnipresent. I mean, people argue whether or not Myxy can beat Spectre, let alone people like Lucy or Presence.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mxy is pretty much invincible, he represents imagination, he is as powerful or as weak as he wants to be. Anything that does or could exist is under his control as long as he can imagine it.

Myx stated that Joker in Emperor Joker with all his power could control all time and space and he has been stated to hang out with Marvel characters like Fantastic Four, showing that he can go around the Omniverse(all possible universes). Myx isn't bound by Spectre, but also can't do anything against him.

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01:

DC dimensions confuse me, because 5th is imagination basically anything mxy can imagine can happen, but the dimensions above don't really have an effect on him. Like he created a 10th dimensional thing.

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wow there are some stupid arguments here... Mr Mxy stomps.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By aquaman01

@aquaman01:

DC dimensions confuse me, because 5th is imagination basically anything mxy can imagine can happen, but the dimensions above don't really have an effect on him. Like he created a 10th dimensional thing.

Even if that were true (I don't know everything about Myxy) that considering that there are TONS of people like Myxy in his dimension, it isn't like he can't be beaten at his home dimension. So, no he can't do anything in his own dimension since he would be stopped by people stronger or in more authority than him in his dimension. Like in Morrison's JLA, where a 5th dimensional being is causing chaos and destruction on Earth and he was stopped by his people because they are only able to mess around in the 3rd dimension, not cause death and destruction (in the extreme way like killing innocent people).

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01:

He's apparently the most powerful 5D being since he knows more about reality warping due to doing it so much, rivalled with batmite but he kinda came out of mxy... And batmite destroyed the entire omniverse by shouting "go away"

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01:

He's apparently the most powerful 5D being since he knows more about reality warping due to doing it so much, rivalled with batmite but he kinda came out of mxy... And batmite destroyed the entire omniverse by shouting "go away"

When has it stated that Myxy is the most powerful one? And, while that series is awesome, World's Finest isn't canon. That includes beating the Spectre (of course, EJ beat Spectre, but lets not get into that argument). Everything in that series doesn't count.

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01:

Wish it did, mxy and batmite never work nearly to max in canon. And was just speculating on the fact no one from the 5D tries to stop him? Plus he ran for mayor at somepoint too.

Also didn't EJ defeat the old gods? Well warp them so they weren't a threat

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01:

Wish it did, mxy and batmite never work nearly to max in canon. And was just speculating on the fact no one from the 5D tries to stop him? Plus he ran for mayor at somepoint too.

Also didn't EJ defeat the old gods? Well warp them so they weren't a threat

Well, mainly because Myx doesn't go out murdering people. He annoys Superman and gets in everyone's way and can even ruin people's lives, but he is mostly an a-hole. The guy I mentioned was actually having people murdered and even literally murdered Wildcat himself. In the New 52, we have no idea how powerful he is, however the evil 5th dimensional guy when caught was arrested which would imply that that they are limited when fighting each other (kinda think of when bat-mite and myxy fight; while they can hurt each other, there usually isn't really a winner or at least the other doesn't die).

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aquaman01:

Would never think mxy and batmite aimed to kill each other tbh, they're both trickster characters. I'd love to see an enraged mxy canon issue though.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos has defeated several superior beings simultaneously.

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Van_Cere

@aquaman01: @clownprinceofcrime1995: the source is not part of the presence, there is nothing to suggest that it is. the source, the original one, is the source of all that exists, and is made up of the whole of existence, all the beings consciousness in the multiverse.

the source is death of new gods is still not 'a part of the presence' but like an extra powerful deity, though not as powerful as it's former self.

the new 52 source is not yet defined.

the radiant is just like the phantom stranger or the spectre, she is the presences compassion.

doomsday killed another radiant, the energy being.

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say mxy....but aren't both mxy and Thanos multiverse breakers. What always get me is tha people say superman is soo fast that he can beat someone before they can even think and act like snapping your fingers. Why doesn't he do it to Mxy? If Wally west flash is soo much faster than superman can he tag mxy before even thinks of changing reality.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#138  Edited By Outside_85

Mxy winks and tweaks the universe the IG works in, into one that it doesnt, that is if he really wants to put any effort into it.

@myerlanski: Partly because Mxy isn't malicious and he set the rules on himself to give Superman a chance to banish him. If a 5D Imp wants to wreck havoc on the other hand... well you are 999/1000 times; screwed, regardless of who you are.

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Van_Cere
mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By mtuske

Thanos with no effort. If you trick him into saying his name backwards does that not get rid of him.

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By myerlanski

@van_cere: @outside_85: thank you both for your responses, I do appreciate. So superman could possibly get to him but it would not matter? Or is possible Mxy himself can move, react, and see in ftl speed?

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske: that is actually part of a rule he himself set in the game he plays with superman, otherwise superman has no chance of winning.

in a real battle, that rule does not count.

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@myerlanski: he can manipulate time, but I think superman slows down too; he knows he has no way of ever beating him by force

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#144  Edited By Outside_85

@myerlanski: It wont matter if a person or being rooted in the 3rd dimension can reach him, because they really can't harm him, according to Bat-Mite he and other 5th Dimensional Imps are composed and fueled by imagination. The Joker managed to trick him out of 99% of his power, Superman Prime had an other-dimensional Zatanna carve his heart out, and Mxy still survived. This is after he had his heart carved out btw:

No Caption Provided

Loki and Mephisto could be dangerous for Mxy to face, because they are both trickster's who rely more on cunning than raw power... Thanos otoh, well he's all about raw power unless he's trying to manipulate powers greater than his own (and when he knows they are; see Galactus), which he probably isn't with the IG.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By mtuske

Wait Joker tricked him out of his powers? I only remember vaguely some older stuff. Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet seems more and more spiteful.

Thanos is also way than just Brute strength. He's also incredibly intelligent and a prep God. Not that He would need to prep for Mxy anyway.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Vaeternus

@aquaman01: Was going to say in the N52 didn't Presence confirm he's literally God and the creator of everything?

But I know some are referring to Pre52. Anyway, I agree. Mxy takes it. If people are going to say "Joker tricked Mxy to giving him some power" then I can say well "Thanos got dooped by his sister so he'd stop destroying everything out of love" Besides, Mxy didn't even give/allow Joker his FULL power anyway....

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus: That was when he depowered himself too have fun and impress death. He was unstoppable and had no chance of losing with a full powered gauntlet . He shut down I think half the gems one that allowed him to predict the future among others.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske: That was my issue with that arch, he has all this power only to give it up...made no sense to me, at least with Mxy arch he pretty much gave Joker part of his power due to boredom since nearly everything is a game to him lol

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Auction_Sniper

@clownprinceofcrime1995: I don't see why he couldn't.

Does he have any defense against his soul? His mind? What's stopping Thanos from stripping him of his powers like Zatanna? He's still far more intelligent than Mxy, and I don't see why he couldn't trick Mxy the same way Joker did.

He, who? Neither Thanos (with the IG) or Mxy can beat LT.

Lucy/Michael are behind The Presence. If LT = Lucifer Morningstar, how will Mxy beat LT? No, he couldn't beat TOAA. He was helpless when Spectre pretty much turned him into a human. If you referring to WF Mxy, then it's arguable if that's even canon. Even then, most people believe that PR Beyonder beats WF Mxy; most people believe TOAA is above PR Beyonder.

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@auction_sniper:

If we're getting technical TOAA < any DC character as in DC he has no influence.

Mxy can mess with text and the storyline, can anyone else do that?