no one beats Thanos with the IG...no one

#4 Posted by capall2 (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

mr mxy wins easy...

#5 Posted by pwnda (59 posts) - - Show Bio

mxy stomps!

#6 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

Mxy

#7 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Could Thanos wipe him from existence existence because I don't know much about him

#8 Posted by bee14ish (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Mxy

#9 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos uses the IG to create the DC Universe.

#10 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimlock: There are plenty of people who can beat him.

Mxy stomps.

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

Thanos uses the IG to create the DC Universe.

This makes no sense, whatsoever.

SHAZAM

#11 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

...I have been obsessed with Mxy lately, I am blown away by how rediculous he is when it comes to raw power

#12 Posted by eisjfiejss (509 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet.

#13 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@eisjfiejss: Reasons?

SHAZAM

#14 Posted by King Saturn (222830 posts) - - Show Bio
@grimlock said:

Galactus with The Heart of The Universe ? 
#15 Posted by prodigyprime (168 posts) - - Show Bio

thanos. he snapped and destroyed half the universe. if mxy survives that, thanos snaps again.

#16 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't mxy destroy the multiverse for fun? With a snap of his fingers or something like that.

#17 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

Mxy turns Thanos into a carrot and turns the Infinity Gauntlet into a lump of sawdust

Anyways Mxy wins

#18 Posted by Magethor (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos, easily.

#19 Edited by P0rtal (856 posts) - - Show Bio

tis' a stalemate, both have the power to do almost anything they wish but the edge would go to thanos not taking his crap and would just try to kill him, mxy would try to have fun with thanos an screw around and end up getting killed somehow...but then again who knows if he can actually die and if the IG can truly wipe out another of equal power. Its like the IG wiping out another IG with the ability to reform itself if anything goes sour, immovable object vs unstoppable force type thing, neither wins.

tie

#20 Posted by SirMethos (1269 posts) - - Show Bio

Mxy wins with relative ease.

The IG is purely universal, while Mxy is multiversal in power. He's in a completely different league.

#21 Posted by Assman (1656 posts) - - Show Bio

Few questions? Does Mxy have any power, if total power, over souls?? Can it do any of these abilities?: Allows the user to greatly strengthen and enhance mental and psionic power and access the thoughts and dreams of other beings. Backed by the Power Gem, the Mind Gem can access all minds in existence simultaneously. When searching for it, the Illuminati apparently discovered that the Mind Gem was the personification of the universal subconscious. Speaking of the power gem: Accesses all power and energy that ever has or will exist, and can boost the other gems effects. Allows the user to duplicate almost any physical superhuman ability and become invincible. So, i'd say that Thanos would be able to even access Mxy's power with the pg, and trump Mxy's reality warping powers. To sum it up, Thanos w/IG>>>>Mxy, imo!!

#22 Posted by Magethor (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

@Assman said:

Few questions? Does Mxy have any power, if total power, over souls?? Can it do any of these abilities?: Allows the user to greatly strengthen and enhance mental and psionic power and access the thoughts and dreams of other beings. Backed by the Power Gem, the Mind Gem can access all minds in existence simultaneously. When searching for it, the Illuminati apparently discovered that the Mind Gem was the personification of the universal subconscious. Speaking of the power gem: Accesses all power and energy that ever has or will exist, and can boost the other gems effects. Allows the user to duplicate almost any physical superhuman ability and become invincible. So, i'd say that Thanos would be able to even access Mxy's power with the pg, and trump Mxy's reality warping powers. To sum it up, Thanos w/IG>>>>Mxy, imo!!

This.

#23 Posted by Quntumking (216 posts) - - Show Bio

MXYZPTLK is supposed to be a 5th dimensional being , THANOS is only a 4th dimensional being (even with the Gauntlet ). This should be good but i say MXY. Look at Emperor Joker. OKAY maybe a tie.

#24 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@They Killed Cap! said:
...I have been obsessed with Mxy lately, I am blown away by how rediculous he is when it comes to raw power
I don't even know who Mxy is. xD
#25 Posted by ProxyParadox (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos w/ IG

#26 Posted by ShootingNova (13179 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimlock said:

Are you being serious?

I am still taking Mxy here.

#27 Posted by Magethor (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

@Quntumking said:

MXYZPTLK is supposed to be a 5th dimensional being , THANOS is only a 4th dimensional being (even with the Gauntlet ). This should be good but i say MXY. Look at Emperor Joker. OKAY maybe a tie.

Thanos with the Gauntlet gave him power far beyond the 5th dimensional concept. He made Living Tribunal think twice about that power and Living Tribunal is 16th dimensional. Also, the abstracts Thanos defeated: Eternity, Infinity amongst them are well close to 10th dimensional. Mxy doesn't stand a chance. Lastly, reality warp doesn't work on Thanos and that's all Mxy can do. Warp 3D objects.... So the idea of warping Thanos is out the window. Thanos wins this with simplistic ease.

#28 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with thanos just because he's the avatar of death and I don't see death letting anything happen to him.

#29 Posted by Magethor (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt Mxy can even take on Wanda, or Jim Jaspers, or Jamie Braddocks, or Legion, or Franklin, or Marquis, or Phoenix....

#30 Posted by SirMethos (1269 posts) - - Show Bio

@Magethor: The Infinity Gauntlet is purely universal. It is restricted to its own universe, and cannot affect anything outside it.

Mxy is multiversal, he could simply pop out of the 616 universe, then destroy the universe from the outside. Or rearrange the inherent laws of physics, to render the Gauntlet useless.

Mxy is a reality warper on a level beyond anything shown by the Infinity Gauntlet. As shown in Emperor Joker, when the Joker re-writes, not just the laws of physics, but the laws of logic(2+2 = fish).

#31 Posted by Magethor (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

@SirMethos said:

@Magethor: The Infinity Gauntlet is purely universal. It is restricted to its own universe, and cannot affect anything outside it.

Mxy is multiversal, he could simply pop out of the 616 universe, then destroy the universe from the outside. Or rearrange the inherent laws of physics, to render the Gauntlet useless.

Mxy is a reality warper on a level beyond anything shown by the Infinity Gauntlet. As shown in Emperor Joker, when the Joker re-writes, not just the laws of physics, but the laws of logic(2+2 = fish).

Guess you took that AFTER the recton of the Infinity Sagas (Infinity War, Infinity Watch, Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity Saga, Thanos Quest).

Do you even know what the Infinity Gems are? Or what being the Infinity Gems are separate from?

Living Tribunal's Mother

1st sentient being that created the entire multiverse.

#32 Posted by Magethor (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

@SirMethos said:

Um... the 616 main continuity that consist of all other universes is a little above the 16th dimension..... So if Mxy tries to wrap 616, he CAN ONLY WRAP THE 3D aspect of it..... Not all 16.

#33 Posted by Assman (1656 posts) - - Show Bio

@SirMethos said:

Well, here's the thing, since the op is stating Thanos w/ig, we can only go by his feats, ie the original IG saga, not the watered down retconned version,the IG was more than just universal when Thanos wielded it, as it's been stated, again, before it got retconned, the only being to contend with the IG, was the LT, and his job is to over see the multiversal. Sorry, but Mxy doesn't compare to Thanos w/IG, imo.

#34 Posted by SirMethos (1269 posts) - - Show Bio

@Magethor: I know who Nemesis is. Go read The Council of Reeds. It clearly shows the Infinity Gauntlet as a purely universal object.

And no, Mxy can not "only warp the 3D aspect."

With 99% of Mxy's power, the Joker took control of The Spectre. That alone shows that Mxy's capabilities goes far beyond the "3D aspect". Unless you want to claim that the Spectre is purely a 3 dimensional being of course.

#35 Posted by Magethor (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

@SirMethos said:

@Magethor: I know who Nemesis is. Go read The Council of Reeds. It clearly shows the Infinity Gauntlet as a purely universal object.

And no, Mxy can not "only warp the 3D aspect."

With 99% of Mxy's power, the Joker took control of The Spectre. That alone shows that Mxy's capabilities goes far beyond the "3D aspect". Unless you want to claim that the Spectre is purely a 3 dimensional being of course.

Spectre is a jobber just like how Galactus can lose against the Fantastic Four, so counting Mxy > Spectre is just like saying that the Batman Kick > Spectre.

The character's that I've mantioned, don't jobber save for the Phoenix: (( Wanda, or Jim Jaspers, or Jamie Braddocks, or Legion, or Franklin, or Marquis, or Phoenix....)) And Thanos with the IG definitely doesn't jobber. He only allowed the Infinity Gauntlet to continue on as a war because he wanted to prove a point that he was inlove with Mistress Death. It was purely CIS. He could of destroyed or warped everything away if he wanted too.

And... Agreeing with

@Assman said:

@SirMethos said:

Well, here's the thing, since the op is stating Thanos w/ig, we can only go by his feats, ie the original IG saga, not the watered down retconned version,the IG was more than just universal when Thanos wielded it, as it's been stated, again, before it got retconned, the only being to contend with the IG, was the LT, and his job is to over see the multiversal. Sorry, but Mxy doesn't compare to Thanos w/IG, imo.

Thanos had complete control over mind, soul, space, time, reality, and power.... Mxy only had the ability to alter 3D aspects of reality and also had time traveling capabilities. But since he's 5th Dimensional, that would mean that anything that is above 7D is sooo much beyond his power, he wouldn't even understand it. Thanos having complete control of Mind and Soul is capable of understanding conceptional aspects that are 16th dimensional. He could play with Mxy until he gets bored and blinks the entire 5th Dimension back to the 1st Dimension.

The post-Illuminati saga shouldn't even be registered as the same IG as Thanos, when he had it.

#36 Edited by SirMethos (1269 posts) - - Show Bio

@Magethor: Try reading Emperor Joker. He was capable of destroying the entire DC Multiverse. That =/= "only the ability to alter 3d aspects of reality." Altering the laws of logic =/= "only altering the 3d aspects."

Changing the laws of logic, is something that no other reality warper has managed, IIRC.

And while Spectre does occasionally job, he has also proven himself to be more powerful than almost anyone else in the DC-verse, with the exceptions of people like Michael Demiurgos and other people in that general class.

In DC, the 5th dimension(that Mxy comes from) represents Imagination(Batman #680, stated by Bat-Mite). Anything that can be imagined, is possible with 5d magic.

#37 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably depends on who get the initiative/first action.

#38 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

In worlds funniest Mxy destoryed every universe in the multiverse and when he got bored he snapped them back into being and agreeded to do it again next week.

#39 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

Mxy crushes each of those...I have done other posts on most of those charecters...look em up

#40 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

IG>Mxy.

#41 Posted by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

IG thanos wins due to the reality gem

#42 Posted by Magethor (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

@SirMethos said:

@Magethor: Try reading Emperor Joker. He was capable of destroying the entire DC Multiverse. That =/= "only the ability to alter 3d aspects of reality." Altering the laws of logic =/= "only altering the 3d aspects."

Changing the laws of logic, is something that no other reality warper has managed, IIRC.

And while Spectre does occasionally job, he has also proven himself to be more powerful than almost anyone else in the DC-verse, with the exceptions of people like Michael Demiurgos and other people in that general class.

In DC, the 5th dimension(that Mxy comes from) represents Imagination(Batman #680, stated by Bat-Mite). Anything that can be imagined, is possible with 5d magic.

DC's multiverse is as big as one of 616 galaxies. Most of Dr. Strange's foes changes logic all the time. It's called magic in the Marvel universe, and in Marvel, magic reaches the above the 16th dimension.

#43 Posted by cliffrice (992 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm... I Think going by raw feats Myx beats out thanos With IG.

#44 Posted by Assman (1656 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it very amusing that Mxy is considered more powerfull than the original incarnation of the IG and the notion that he is above the LT???

#45 Posted by TheBatman586 (6316 posts) - - Show Bio
@They Killed Cap! said:
In worlds funniest Mxy destoryed every universe in the multiverse and when he got bored he snapped them back into being and agreeded to do it again next week.
World's Funnest was non-canon.
#46 Posted by Magethor (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok to make this fair, does Mxy fair against the Living Tribunal? If no, then Thanos with the IG wins.

#47 Posted by Assman (1656 posts) - - Show Bio

@Magethor said:

Ok to make this fair, does Mxy fair against the Living Tribunal? If no, then Thanos with the IG wins.

Not even close, imo.

#48 Posted by ShootingNova (13179 posts) - - Show Bio

@Magethor: According to someone else here, Mxy is on par with the Living Tribunal.

#49 Posted by Assman (1656 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@Magethor: According to someone else here, Mxy is on par with the Living Tribunal.

Yeah, so was Bison and Akuma by another :-)

#50 Posted by ShootingNova (13179 posts) - - Show Bio

@Assman: I'm being serious. I'm not taking this as my opinion, I said someone else, if you want his name I can give it. Do you even know who Mxy is, and his power level? On the flip side, I see things differently.