Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Killemall

@logy5000 said:

@Killemall: I think so too.

Even without his highest non-cannon feats he should still be able to beat Spectre.

Pretty much, after all Joker with 99% of Mxy's power actually did beat Spectre during Emperor Joker story arc.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Killemall

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

In all seriousness I think Spectre would win. He has shown beating other 5d imps fairly easily.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Using Thunderbolt as a comparision to Mxy sounds extremely unfair. He has never really looked remotely as powerful. Mordru has no problem beating Thunderbolt during JSA 50 as well, he never really looked as powerful, and Fate (Hectar Hall) has outperformed him in 2 occasions.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Killemall: Not only that, but didn't he turn him into a puppet or something like that?

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@Killemall said:

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

In all seriousness I think Spectre would win. He has shown beating other 5d imps fairly easily.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Using Thunderbolt as a comparision to Mxy sounds extremely unfair. He has never really looked remotely as powerful. Mordru has no problem beating Thunderbolt during JSA 50 as well, he never really looked as powerful, and Fate (Hectar Hall) has outperformed him in 2 occasions.

They both use the same 5d technology so I don't know how one who be greater than the other. Also I feel like Myx is really there for comic relief and many of his feats are taken out of context, or taken seriously when they shouldn't be. I mean Myx was dewpowered by an alternate dimension Zantanna. Who I doubt would have been able to do the same to Spectre.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Killemall

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

They both use the same 5d technology so I don't know how one who be greater than the other. Also I feel like Myx is really there for comic relief and many of his feats are taken out of context, or taken seriously when they shouldn't be.

Actually they dont, the only real thing Jakeem Thunder's Thunderbolt and Mxy have in common is that they are both from the 5th dimension. One's an imp the other's a ginie. If you look closely, they look very different, one has a complete body, others looks more like a lightning construct.

Mr. Mxy has honestly looked powerful.

I mean Myx was dewpowered by an alternate dimension Zantanna. Who I doubt would have been able to do the same to Spectre.

Thats a very bad comparison, because honestly thats a PIS.

Now just calling it a PIS is one thing i suppose i should go and try and explain why i believe its a PIS

Here is how Zatanna managed to depower him

No Caption Provided

The spell seem to be "No Magic for IMP"

Weird part is, his powers are never even shown to be magic but rather 5th dimensional Superscience.

No Caption Provided

Also here is what Joker with Mxy power manage to do to spectre

Mxy also beat Spectre during World's Funniest but thats non canon and in that series he actually outperformed Michael/ Lucifer.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@Killemall:

I would consider Emperor Joker feat to be PIS lol. Anyways, thanks for clearing up the thunderbolt scan. I knew one was an imp and the other a genie. I assumed they both used the same super 5d tech.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By Hyperlight

The thing is its kind of not Myx's place to be able to beat spectre. WHen it comes to people like them authority equals power and spectre was given dominion by the Presence to be His wrath. At the height of spectres power he is given nearly total influence over the universe. He is something like the LT the only difference is LT's powers dont fluctuate. Spectres abilities are affected by the host and what the presence is willing to let him accomplish. If those arent a problem them spectre wins

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By TifaLockhart

World's Funnest was referenced in Bizarro Comics.

I think WF was an Elseworlds because it dealt with alternate realities. In even says in the opening panel that it's "not an imaginary tale."

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Simon_the_digger

Spectre

The_Young_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By The_Young_Wolf

Mxy. Spectre jobs too much. All mxy would have to do is just think himself the spear of destiny and that's that.

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Sethlol

@Killemall:

It also depends on whether the Presence wants the Spectre to win or not.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By jeanroygrant

Mxy curbstomps.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Vaeternus

Hmm, think it depends on level of Spectre due to Presence. If it's typical Spectre, Mxy would win probably(he did shatter Spectre I believe) but if it's full powered Spectre, Mxy could have problems I think.

Avatar image for deactivated-1358091
deactivated-1358091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

They both use the same 5d technology so I don't know how one who be greater than the other. Also I feel like Myx is really there for comic relief and many of his feats are taken out of context, or taken seriously when they shouldn't be.

Actually they dont, the only real thing Jakeem Thunder's Thunderbolt and Mxy have in common is that they are both from the 5th dimension. One's an imp the other's a ginie. If you look closely, they look very different, one has a complete body, others looks more like a lightning construct.

Mr. Mxy has honestly looked powerful.

I mean Myx was dewpowered by an alternate dimension Zantanna. Who I doubt would have been able to do the same to Spectre.

Thats a very bad comparison, because honestly thats a PIS.

Now just calling it a PIS is one thing i suppose i should go and try and explain why i believe its a PIS

Here is how Zatanna managed to depower him

No Caption Provided

The spell seem to be "No Magic for IMP"

Weird part is, his powers are never even shown to be magic but rather 5th dimensional Superscience.

No Caption Provided

Also here is what Joker with Mxy power manage to do to spectre

Mxy also beat Spectre during World's Funniest but thats non canon and in that series he actually outperformed Michael/ Lucifer.

The last scans have nothing to do with Mr Mxyzptlk's power. They are from The Spectre Vol 3 Issue 51, in which Spectre tries to punish Joker by going into his soul but ends up being overpowered and taken over due to the fact that Joker does not have a moral concept of what is ''right'' or ''wrong''.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mxy probably.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Dextersinister

The Specters power depends on the host, the Specter at the time of Emperor Joker was Hal who held the Specter back more than any other host. Unbound the Specter has rendered Myx and every other member of the 5th dimension powerless as a byproduct of his action.

I don't know how strong Crispus Allen the Specter at the time is but either unbound or Corrigan his most wrathful host would stomp.

@sithlantern93: His powers have been mentioned as magic before on a few occasions most notably in day of vengeace when the destruction of all would render him powerless.

deactivated-1358091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Specters power depends on the host, the Specter at the time of Emperor Joker was Hal who held the Specter back more than any other host. Unbound the Specter has rendered Myx and every other member of the 5th dimension powerless as a byproduct of his action.

I don't know how strong Crispus Allen the Specter at the time is but either unbound or Corrigan his most wrathful host would stomp.

@sithlantern93: His powers have been mentioned as magic before on a few occasions most notably in day of vengeace when the destruction of all would render him powerless.

I don't remember seeing every being. from 5th dimension being left powerless. But I do remember Mxy being extremely weakened and Thunderbolt getting owned easily. You are right about Spectre's might depending on host. Hal was powerless against foes that Corrigan would not have too much trouble with. CitizenBane's thread about Spectre getting kicked by Batman also explains the Spectre's power varying on his host. As to your response to me, well DC is very inconsistent about it's characters most of the time. They can make characters that are potentially more powerful lose for the sake of the story. Such as; Nekron BFRing Spectre and Spectre losing to Mandrakk rather easily.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Dextersinister

@sithlantern93 said:

@dextersinister said:

I don't remember seeing every being. from 5th dimension being left powerless. But I do remember Mxy being extremely weakened and Thunderbolt getting owned easily. You are right about Spectre's might depending on host. Hal was powerless against foes that Corrigan would not have too much trouble with. CitizenBane's thread about Spectre getting kicked by Batman also explains the Spectre's power varying on his host. As to your response to me, well DC is very inconsistent about it's characters most of the time. They can make characters that are potentially more powerful lose for the sake of the story. Such as; Nekron BFRing Spectre and Spectre losing to Mandrakk rather easily.

The reason you don't see this is the same reason you don't see how most alien planets react when the universe is potentially about to end, they are unimportant characters. The Specter getting hit by Batman was apparently just a way for the Specter to let Batman blow off steam and has been taken out of context.

The examples of Mandrakk and Necron are how writers normally handle the Specter without weakening him or allowing him to handwave the villain away, they make up some rule God has laid down that prevents him from interfering be it can't effect the bad because he doesn't have a soul or can't interfere because humanity must handle this specific fight.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By rolldestroyer

@sithlantern93: @dextersinister:

when has mandrakk beaten spectre? and what version of mandrakk was that?

on topic: Mxy has already beaten the spectre.

deactivated-1358091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mandrakk beat The Spectre off-screen in Final Crisis. No Mxy has never beaten the Spectre. WF is sadly not canon and therefore does not count. Emperor Joker beat Hal Jordan Spectre who was basically Casper the Friendly Ghost since basically tried to do what was Radiant's job and was bereft of The Spectre's true power. An unbound and hostless Spectre curbstomped Thunderbolt and severely weakened Mxyzptlk.

photo mxy_ruin1.jpgphoto mxy_ruin2.jpg

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By rolldestroyer

@rolldestroyer said:

Mandrakk beat The Spectre off-screen in Final Crisis. No Mxy has never beaten the Spectre. WF is sadly not canon and therefore does not count. Emperor Joker beat Hal Jordan Spectre who was basically Casper the Friendly Ghost since basically tried to do what was Radiant's job and was bereft of The Spectre's true power. An unbound and hostless Spectre curbstomped Thunderbolt and severely weakened Mxyzptlk.

proof of this?

first of all specify which version of mandrakk you're talking about, im assuming it's Dax Novu? and where exactly was it stated that he beat the spectre?

deactivated-1358091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sithlantern93 said:

@rolldestroyer said:

proof of this?

first of all specify which version of mandrakk you're talking about, im assuming it's Dax Novu? and where exactly was it stated that he beat the spectre?

Mandrakk was Rox Ogama and him beating Spectre was not shown. As your Hal being ''Casper Spectre''; http://www.comicvine.com/the-spectre-12-the-spectre-of-christmas/4000-134755/

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rolldestroyer said:

@sithlantern93 said:

@rolldestroyer said:

proof of this?

Mandrakk was Rox Ogama and him beating Spectre was not shown. As your Hal being ''Casper Spectre''; http://www.comicvine.com/the-spectre-12-the-spectre-of-christmas/4000-134755/

do you have a scan? or at least tell me what issue did this happen.

not sure what you're trying to prove by giving me a link to issue 12 of the spectre series.......

deactivated-1358091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sithlantern93 said:

@rolldestroyer said:

@sithlantern93 said:

@rolldestroyer said:

proof of this?

do you have a scan? or at least tell me what issue did this happen.

not sure what you're trying to prove by giving me a link to issue 12 of the spectre series.......

http://25.media.tumblr.com/14234418f9b2e4d5ec871c429fc9e991/tumblr_mfjzo8wyYX1qzizmho1_1280.jpg

Oh.My.God.

This is the true Spectre!

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sithlantern93:

i meant mandrakk defeating the spectre, because to my knowledge nothing of the sort happened.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@sithlantern93: You have a bit dislike for Mxy.

You are trying to degrade him.

Tell me, why does he horribly lose here?

Edit: Sorry, I misread the posts.

deactivated-1358091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sithlantern93:

i meant mandrakk defeating the spectre, because to my knowledge nothing of the sort happened.

There is no scan of Mandrakk engaging Spectre. Just a scan in which he says that he has beaten the Spectre and I could not find that scan.

@sithlantern93: You have a bit dislike for Mxy.

You are trying to degrade him.

Tell me, why does he horribly lose here?

Edit: Sorry, I misread the posts.

I am not trying to degrade him. And I also did not say that he would horribly lose. There is a high possibility of Mxy beating Spectre since Mxy never lost a battle and arguably displayed more power than Spectre and Spectre was often downgraded just for the sake of the plot. But without PIS, Spectre was capable of besting beings from 5th dimension. I am not degrading Mxy. Hell, how could I, given the fact that Mxy is also my avatar.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectre stomps his ridiculous derby wearing ass into the ground. Mxy one of the worst villains of all time.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sithlantern93:

i realize that, could you at least tell me the issue number please?

deactivated-1358091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

Spectre stomps his ridiculous derby wearing ass into the ground. Mxy one of the worst villains of all time.

Mxy is not a villain actually. He is more of an annoyance. A prankster.

@rolldestroyer said:

@sithlantern93:

i realize that, could you at least tell me the issue number please?

I think it has to be the last issue of Final Crisis or the one before that. I did not read Final Crisis completely.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sithlantern93:

i read the whole final crisis story arc, i highly doubt i missed that, pretty sure nothing about that was mentioned.

jec777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if mxy commited such a crime as to make God notice the spectre would have plenty of power to off mxy in a fight. other wise it could be close and the spectre is not known for his sense of humor.

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jim Corrigan has already been imprisoned by a lesser known 5-D Imp. Mxy wins.

deactivated-1358091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jim Corrigan has already been imprisoned by a lesser known 5-D Imp. Mxy wins.

That was a hostless Spectre. Also Lkz(The blue 5th dimensional imp who imprisoned Spectre) stalemated Thunderbolt, whom Spectre stomped with great ease in JSA's tie in with Day of Vengeance.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spectre but WF mr myx was no joke though but spectre wins this especially if he is unbounded

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Didn't Mr Mxy drop a planet on The Spectres head and tell him to go away?

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mxyzptlk.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Spectre.

Avatar image for parallax_hal_jordan
Parallax_Hal_Jordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mxyzptlk should win

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mxy.

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr Mxy spite stomps

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By rolldestroyer

Mxy, imo.

Joker, without using mxy's powers to its full potential, was able to overpower the spectre and put him in a bird cage, though to be fair, spectre, due to his DoV actions, managed to de-power mxy as well. But Mxy seems to possess a greater amount of power in his possession (that's evident on panel).

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mxy, imo.

Joker, without using mxy's powers to its full potential, was able to overpower the spectre and put him in a bird cage, though to be fair, spectre, due to his DoV actions, managed to de-power mxy as well. But Mxy seems to possess a greater amount of power in his possession (that's evident on panel).

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vague on both. But mxy is not constrained. Spectre is constrained. Give it to Spectre with full authority. Else Mxy

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But in Days of Vengeance, an unbound Spectre had trouble with a Captain Marvel on steroids, basically. So if the imp's possessing almost omnipotent power, shouldn't he at least be a challenge?

Jim Corrigan Spectre STOMPS!

No Caption Provided

Here is the Spectre battling COIE Anti-Monitor at the center of creation seemingly standing outside of it

No Caption Provided

This one is a little smaller but it's the Spectre challenging Zero Hour Parallax and Extant at the moment of creation after Parallax has destroyed the universe an infinite amount of times over back to the big bang.

Jim Corrigan Specter is a beast.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@supreme_marvel said:

But in Days of Vengeance, an unbound Spectre had trouble with a Captain Marvel on steroids, basically. So if the imp's possessing almost omnipotent power, shouldn't he at least be a challenge?

Jim Corrigan Spectre STOMPS!

No Caption Provided

Here is the Spectre battling COIE Anti-Monitor at the center of creation seemingly standing outside of it

No Caption Provided

This one is a little smaller but it's the Spectre challenging Zero Hour Parallax and Extant at the moment of creation after Parallax has destroyed the universe an infinite amount of times over back to the big bang.

Jim Corrigan Specter is a beast.

I love how I created this over 4 years ago and people still think I believe the same thing as I did then.

Avatar image for clownprinceofcrime1995
clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supreme_marvel:

No idea where people are going with this. Mxy >= the writer hence mxy >>>>>>>> spectre at any power.

christianwhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If its an unbound Specter, spectre would win

Avatar image for clownprinceofcrime1995
clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#100  Edited By Baron_von_Santa

@clownprinceofcrime1995: actually, that is exactly what would happen. mxy is magic based, and unbound spectre is the bane of magical beings.

and breaking the forth wall does not count. telling the writer what to do is not a feat, just the writer on crack.