#1 Posted by karimamin (53 posts) - - Show Bio

VS

Place: Metropolis

Morals: Off. Scarlet Witch just got tired of one too many jokes.

No power limitations

#2 Posted by paulson3lt (568 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr.Mxyzptlk with ease

#3 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

Mxy stomps easily.

#4 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup.

#5 Edited by eternityx (2359 posts) - - Show Bio

Mxy destroys her. I don't think anyone less than LT, from marvel, can beat mxy.

#6 Posted by HolySerpent (12430 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by DeathByAnts (400 posts) - - Show Bio

No More Imps

#8 Edited by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre Ret Beyonder could. But not Wanda.

#9 Posted by SheenLantern (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternityx said:

That's.....probably true, actually.

#10 Posted by dondave (33347 posts) - - Show Bio

Mxy

#11 Posted by SheenLantern (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenphoenix said:

@eternityx said:

I don't think anyone less than LT, from marvel, can beat mxy.

Pre Ret Beyonder could.

He said less than LT.

#12 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

Mxy.

#14 Posted by Veravin (635 posts) - - Show Bio

mxy

#15 Edited by Hyperlight (5373 posts) - - Show Bio

scarlet witch is at best has the power of an marvel elder god ( thats pushing it) myx is a reality warper on a universal scale and much better at it.

#16 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

if this is HoM wanda, then she wins.

#17 Posted by James_Lockart (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: Nah Mxy still turns her into a Barbie doll and gifts her to Draco Malfoy :-D

#18 Edited by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this the HOM version of Scarlet Witch he are using? if so then she stomps.

@eternityx said:

No there are characters from Marvel who are weaker then LT that can defeat Mxy and they are:

• Thanos with the IG.
  • Chaos King.
  • Multi-Eternity.
  • HOM Scarlet Witch (if we are using this version in this thread).
  • Mad Jim Jaspers.

Those are the guys on top of my head that can beat Mxy.

@rolldestroyer said:

if this is HoM wanda, then she wins.

This.

#19 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

Has Mr. Mxyzptlk's power origin ever be retcon'ed?

From what I used to know his powers were based on advanced tech from the 5th dimension and that technology was so advanced that it looked like magic for everyone in the regular dimension.
Joker got these powers during the "Emperor Joker" storyline and for some weird reason he was able to resurrect dead people, even though Mr. Mxyzptlk once said that resurrecting others is way out of his league, so I guess Joker being able to do that was WIS and the writer ignored Mxy's limits.

Judging by that (if that's still the same) in this fight we would have a guy with advanced tech, against a woman, who bends the reality as it suits her. No technology, no magic, but actual reality warping at its finest.
How could Mr. Mxyzpltk win that fight, when all she would have to do is to say: "No more annoying little dwarfs"?

And him being able to break the fourth wall should not be related to his powers. Deadpool is able to break the fourth wall as well. Hell, even Animal Man and She-Hulk have done it. It's for comical purposes. That does not push his powers as far as I'm concerned.

#21 Posted by X_insignia1 (1359 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:

Has Mr. Mxyzptlk's power origin ever be retcon'ed?

From what I used to know his powers were based on advanced tech from the 5th dimension and that technology was so advanced that it looked like magic for everyone in the regular dimension.

Joker got these powers during the "Emperor Joker" storyline and for some weird reason he was able to resurrect dead people, even though Mr. Mxyzptlk once said that resurrecting others is way out of his league, so I guess Joker being able to do that was WIS and the writer ignored Mxy's limits.

Judging by that (if that's still the same) in this fight we would have a guy with advanced tech, against a woman, who bends the reality as it suits her. No technology, no magic, but actual reality warping at its finest.

How could Mr. Mxyzpltk win that fight, when all she would have to do is to say: "No more annoying little dwarfs"?

And him being able to break the fourth wall should not be related to his powers. Deadpool is able to break the fourth wall as well. Hell, even Animal Man and She-Hulk have done it. It's for comical purposes. That does not push his powers as far as I'm concerned.

Myx, he literally pulled a universe outside of his hat.

#22 Posted by AngryHulks (2994 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Witch at full power should be able to beat Mxyzptlk, but that's only choice if that's what it take for her to win.

#23 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

But we have seen Marvel reality warpers doing similar stuff like putting the universe into a box and stuff like that.
What still remains is Mxy not being able to resurrect the dead, since he himself said that it would be above his abilities, while HoM Scarlet Witch can resurrect.
One would say that he seems to be having more limits, than her.

#24 Posted by The_Imperator (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru: Can't Mxy just leave the story, though? He's done that before. He could leave the story and just erase SW from the panel.

#25 Edited by SheenLantern (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackknight said:

Thanos with the IG.

I don't think so, the IG is universal, Mxy is multiversal.

#26 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru: Can't Mxy just leave the story, though? He's done that before. He could leave the story and just erase SW from the panel.

That would be the comical fourth wall breaking, which Deadpool can do as well, but he isn't erasing his enemies either.
Mxy leaving the story and erasing Scarlet Witch would mean that he is having more power than TOAA (the writer himself) and that isn't happening.

In my opinion Scarlet Witch wins this, because she is an actual reality warper, who does not have limits, while Mxy's reality warping powers are based on tech and that tech seems to be having move limits than actual reality warping, since he can't resurrect the dead.

But then again, it's just my take on it and in this case I understand if someone wants to put his feats above Scarlet Witch's feats and ignores the death-limitation, while doing so.
It's a tricky battle after all.

#27 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackknight said:

Thanos with the IG.

Actually no the IG is multiversal (well the classic version is).

#28 Edited by SheenLantern (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern said:

@jackknight said:

Thanos with the IG.

What makes you say that?

#29 Edited by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackknight said:

@sheenlantern said:

@jackknight said:

Thanos with the IG.

What makes you say that?

Speak to @killemall he knows everything about Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet.

#30 Posted by Killemall (18167 posts) - - Show Bio

What makes you say that?

I have to go to work atm, if you are interested let me know i can come back and post scans tomorrow.

At least 1 story arc showed IG to be truly multiversal, in terms of power, Warren Ellis run of Avengers / Ultraforce where 4 sentinent gems, with nemesis wave destroyed 2 prime universes in 2 different multiverses (Malibu multiverse and Marvel muliverse) and everything in between including a reality that exists in neither multiverse (Crimson Cosmos).

There are other minor feats in Infinity Gauntlet saga that suggest IG operates on beyond universal scope of power, like a uni-direction let loose by Thanos upon death's refusal to take to him, affected the universe of Beyonder which lies outside Negative zone. So a uni-direction blast, let out in rage and not even the full power, went outside 616, across negative zone and reached the universe beyond it.

Magus with an incompletely infinity gauntlet being able to merged and Adam Warlock later separate 2 universes with relative ease.

Those feats aside, power scope of a pure abstracts like Eternity itself extends beyond universal, not sure why Eternity being the embodiment is normally used to suggest his power is universal when evidence suggest otherwise, not to mention Ego is a living planet, no body questions him being planetary though :p weird really.

But as it stand, current IG is different are its as universal as it gets, it doesnt even work outside its native universe, despite the fact that we have seen IG work all the way outside marvel multiverse into malibu multiverse or during Infinity War when Magus starts screwing things around, first guess from Thanos or Adam Warlock was, is he using Infinity Gauntlet from a different universe?

We go by current portrayal, IG now though is universal. Hickman outright stated he felt few things were meant to change for consistency purpose so now it is what it is.

#31 Posted by AngryHulks (2994 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzeru said:
@x_insignia1 said:

But we have seen Marvel reality warpers doing similar stuff like putting the universe into a box and stuff like that.

What still remains is Mxy not being able to resurrect the dead, since he himself said that it would be above his abilities, while HoM Scarlet Witch can resurrect.

One would say that he seems to be having more limits, than her.

It's weird because when Joker possessed less than 100% of Mr. Mxyzptlk's power, he is capable of killing and tormenting Batman over and over again.

Scarlet Witch can resurrect the death, but it's not directly from her since she don't have full control of her power during that time, it's more like the resurrection is a side effect. But if she's at full power, she might be able to do it at will.

#32 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern said:

@jackknight said:

Thanos with the IG.

Yeah, but that was ret-conned into oblivion. You even admitted that yourself just now.

#33 Posted by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

It's weird because when Joker possessed less than 100% of Mr. Mxyzptlk's power, he is capable of killing and tormenting Batman over and over again.

I personally think that was PIS / WIS and just there to show the Joker doing something like that. For the shock effect or something.
They basically ignored what Mxy said about his own powers.

#34 Posted by Vaeternus (9341 posts) - - Show Bio

Mxy wins here. He holds back half the time yet does ridiculous things and uses his powers for "fun" lol if he went all out forget about it lol

#35 Posted by russellmania77 (14400 posts) - - Show Bio

Imp weds her

#36 Edited by New_World_Order (12318 posts) - - Show Bio

Mxy

#37 Posted by Killemall (18167 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok since i was dragged into this thread , damn you Jack (@jackknight: ), hehe although thanks for the recognization, wanted to say something here quickly.

===================================================

Firstly current Wanda and HOM Wanda are one and the same person. Rick Remender, the person who is currently writing Scarlet Witch in his awesome Uncanny Avengers series confirmed that in the interview, he even went on in great detail on what Wanda's power level is and what her potential is.

People are by now well aware of Wanda feat, she tried to change 616 reality but in doing so the energy ripped outside 616, formed a tsunami of unfathomable power which nearly tore apart from omniverse, we see various alternate realities destroyed on panel, and was finally stopped by Meggan, who was at the time tapping in powers from Earth, Otherworld (nexus of all energy in the multiverse) and powers from Beyond (most likely reference to Beyonderverse from where the energy for a cosmic cube comes in)

What i am however going to upload is the detail discussion Rick Remender put in, in his interview about Wanda power level and what she can and what she cant do.

To quote Rick

"So my understanding is that Wanda can do anything she's done in the past with appropirate power source and time to cast the spell"

"That's the way i reconcile all the version of Wanda we've seen"

Also note he references how per powers are very unpredictible

"Because that power is so unpredictable though she also needs to make sure that she's got spells".

He further went on to explain about Wanda powers.

First he clearly points to Scarlet Witch limitation

"The Scarlet Witch's ability to tap into and manipulate chaos energy means she's incredibly powerful, but it also means she has some very real and dangerous limitations"

He also further goes to explain how while Wanda was able to warp reality, its not an ability she can use in a battle scenario

"She can bend reality, but can she bend reality in the middle of a fight to suit her purpose? No"

=======================================================

So in short like Rick said Scarlet Witch can do what she did on HOM, but for that she would need "a great enough power source, the time to cast the spell, and the inclination to cast it she can do almost anything. That doesn't help her in the field of battle though where she can really only draw upon chaos energy, probability hexes and the occasional elemental spell."

This was stated on panel just as well. The scan below is from Uncanny Avengers # 2

Red Skull: "Do you have the power to do it again"

Wanda: "To wipe them out? Provided i have enough casting time and immense source of power yes i can"

=====================================================

If you notice Rick said something else up there to, than in a battle scenario Wanda can only use Chaos Magic.

"..... in a field of battle though were she can really only draw upon chaos energy, probability hexes and the occasional elemental spell"

That is also substatiated by on panel fight between Scarlet Witch and Thor, where the fight went exactly like you would expect based on what Rick Remender said. Scans below are from Uncanny Avengers # 4.

Probability hexes - she doesnt use it outright she threats Thor to actually use in on him.

"Yield now or I will cast a hex down your throat shredding your insides in a torrent of pure chaos"

Elemental spell also we saw being used in Thor's fight.

"All Energy can be easily transmogrified. Lightning simplest of all. I withstand your worst!"

On panel we see Thor lightning being turned into butterfly.

And lastly like Remender said tapping into Chaos Energy

"The air goes cold and electric around her. Time slows down. The Law of Order give way to disruption of pure chaos. The Scarlet Witch sinks into a trance. Plummeting deeply into the cosmic well of chaos energy. "

"Tapping directly into the source of her power, she is transformed into a living conduit of pure disorder."

So what we see are:

1. Probability hex.

2. Elemental magic.

3. Tapping into Chaos

What we dont see is:

1. Reality Warping.

Which is the crux of what Remender said.

Remender would even go further to explain even more limitation on Wanda.

======================================================

As you can see referencing to Issue no 4 he says few additional things in regards to her limitations.

======================================================

She can only draw limited amount of chaos energy because drawing too much can either turn her into chaos demon like Chton or make her a vegetable.

"So when Wanda opens the well of chaos to draw in a certain amount of energy there is a danger"

"She allowed the chaos to fill her and if that went sideways, if she held on for too long, or if some part of chaos of that power were to twist, she could overload and it could fry her mind"

"She could become a Chaos demon or she could become a vegetable"

This was directly shown on panel just as well in Uncanny Avengers # 4

So when she is tapping into Chaos Power , which of course is the very power Chthon draws upon who is well a whole different level compared to Thor, there are few limitation shown directly on panel as well.

"An overindulgence so dangerous it could unhinge her mind"

"Its her only hope. She knows there is no defeating Thor in a direct conflict. There is only removing him from the battle."

In conclusion, what i am actually trying to say is, yes i understand the scale of Wanda power in House of M, was beyond anything Mxy has actually shown on panel, apart from few comic relif, but that doesnt change the fact that, her reality manipulation might not be directly applicable in a direct conflict because the very nature of her power make it unpredictable and there is always a huge risk that it would backfire.

Thats just my take on it.

#38 Posted by James_Lockart (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall:

Your last post (#37).

Man I studied MBA and have made a dozen plus cases and presentations professionally.

But Your stuff is first grade. I would hate to have you as an opponent or a competing presenter/arguer in my professional life.

Damn Good Arguments Bruv !

#39 Edited by Killemall (18167 posts) - - Show Bio