• 126 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio
                   vs.                    
#2 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm betting on Mxy

#3 Posted by King Saturn (224026 posts) - - Show Bio
COIE Anti Monitor should win here... Mxzy will put up a good fight... but he cant handle the Anti Monitor of Peak Years... 
#4 Posted by gobstakid777 (1815 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" I'm betting on Mxy "
#5 Posted by Th3 FlAsH 123 (616 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Anti-Monitor.
#6 Posted by Johnny_Nemesis (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

AM curbstomp

#7 Posted by drkcloud (328 posts) - - Show Bio

COIE AM should be the 2nd or 3rd strongest in DCU besides The Spectre and The presence. as for feats.....COIE, need i say more?

#8 Posted by Johnny_Nemesis (2170 posts) - - Show Bio
@drkcloud said:
" COIE AM should be the 2nd or 3rd strongest in DCU besides The Spectre and The presence. as for feats.....COIE, need i say more? "
He's more powerful then the Spectre
#9 Posted by drkcloud (328 posts) - - Show Bio
@Johnny_Nemesis said:
" @drkcloud said:
" COIE AM should be the 2nd or 3rd strongest in DCU besides The Spectre and The presence. as for feats.....COIE, need i say more? "
He's more powerful then the Spectre "
i thought the spectre served directly under the presence, how's he more powerful then that? the spectre is literally a LT
#10 Posted by Johnny_Nemesis (2170 posts) - - Show Bio
@drkcloud said:
" @Johnny_Nemesis said:
" @drkcloud said:
" COIE AM should be the 2nd or 3rd strongest in DCU besides The Spectre and The presence. as for feats.....COIE, need i say more? "
He's more powerful then the Spectre "
i thought the spectre served directly under the presence, how's he more powerful then that? the spectre is literally a LT "
The spectre isnt on the same level as the LT, and the Spectre already lost to the AM
#11 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Johnny_Nemesis said:
" @drkcloud said:
" @Johnny_Nemesis said:
" @drkcloud said:
" COIE AM should be the 2nd or 3rd strongest in DCU besides The Spectre and The presence. as for feats.....COIE, need i say more? "
He's more powerful then the Spectre "
i thought the spectre served directly under the presence, how's he more powerful then that? the spectre is literally a LT "
The spectre isnt on the same level as the LT, and the Spectre already lost to the AM "
Well, that's not necessarily true. The Spectre shares essentially the same function as the LT, but not the same power level. Hierarchy wise, he ties. Feat wise... he's severely lacking in comparison.
#12 Posted by drkcloud (328 posts) - - Show Bio
@Johnny_Nemesis said:
" @drkcloud said:
" @Johnny_Nemesis said:
" @drkcloud said:
" COIE AM should be the 2nd or 3rd strongest in DCU besides The Spectre and The presence. as for feats.....COIE, need i say more? "
He's more powerful then the Spectre "
i thought the spectre served directly under the presence, how's he more powerful then that? the spectre is literally a LT "
The spectre isnt on the same level as the LT, and the Spectre already lost to the AM "
well, eitherway thats why i said hes either the 2nd or 3rd strongest, =P
#13 Posted by negamegas (311 posts) - - Show Bio

Mxy Curvestomps seeing how he's not bound to any of DC's laws of physics. XD
#14 Posted by drkcloud (328 posts) - - Show Bio
@negamegas: its kinda silly though since he IS a DC character, i understand that his character is probably past the fourth wall in that he can essentially rewrite the comics, but then again we wouldn't have a match-up >.<
#15 Posted by Ziro (1352 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti-Monitor.
#16 Posted by BIackFlash (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

Mxy, he has a higher set of reality warping powers unless he's stupid enough to hang around and allow Monitor to say his name backwards.

#17 Posted by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio
@drkcloud said:
" @Johnny_Nemesis said:
" @drkcloud said:
" COIE AM should be the 2nd or 3rd strongest in DCU besides The Spectre and The presence. as for feats.....COIE, need i say more? "
He's more powerful then the Spectre "
i thought the spectre served directly under the presence, how's he more powerful then that? the spectre is literally a LT "

No, he is not!! Far from it, and a big misconception!
#18 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Mxy<Spectre<Anti-Monitor.

#19 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" Mxy<Spectre<Anti-Monitor. "
Agree (if we are talking about fully power Spectre).
#20 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" Mxy<Spectre<Anti-Monitor. "
Moderator
#21 Posted by Kael (63 posts) - - Show Bio
The Spectre is one of the strongest one there is in the DC Universe.
The thing is that the spectre has a power check. 
When he fought the AntiMonitor he wasn´t strong enought to defeat him but if he was allow to come back to the figth later, the presence would give him enought power to do win.
 The Spectre receive his power directly from the presence. 
The only two beens that would never ever ever lose against the Spectre, not even with the "come back" would be Micheal and Lucifer.
#22 Posted by TheJuggernautpunch (6133 posts) - - Show Bio

COIE AM wins .

#23 Posted by Johnny_Nemesis (2170 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kael said:
" The Spectre is one of the strongest one there is in the DC Universe.
The thing is that the spectre has a power check. 
When he fought the AntiMonitor he wasn´t strong enought to defeat him but if he was allow to come back to the figth later, the presence would give him enought power to do win.
 The Spectre receive his power directly from the presence. 
The only two beens that would never ever ever lose against the Spectre, not even with the "come back" would be Micheal and Lucifer.
"

#24 Posted by Kael (63 posts) - - Show Bio
@Johnny_Nemesis: hahaha... but it´s true.  look it up
#25 Posted by Johnny_Nemesis (2170 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kael said:
" @Johnny_Nemesis: hahaha... but it´s true.  look it up "
haha, but your an idiot, try reading a comic ..the spectre has lost to numerous people
#26 Posted by Kael (63 posts) - - Show Bio
great come back ... moron...
the spectre lost beacuse of the power check.
the presence in one point let the spectre at full power and without check. 
that cost great problems in the univers. 
so the presence bound the spectre to human form and check on his power.
 
when he fought Dr Fate, the spectre lost. then come back much stronger... and then face Nabu himself (the one that give dr fate his powers) and win
#27 Posted by Johnny_Nemesis (2170 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kael said:
" great come back ... moron...
the spectre lost beacuse of the power check.
the presence in one point let the spectre at full power and without check. 
that cost great problems in the univers. 
so the presence bound the spectre to human form and check on his power.
 
when he fought Dr Fate, the spectre lost. then come back much stronger... and then face Nabu himself (the one that give dr fate his powers) and win
"
Once again please read a comic, the Spectre has lost even when he was unbound, the Spectre isnt even in the top 10 most powerful beings in DCU..seriously kid read a comic or do some research before talking ok
#28 Edited by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kael said:

" great come back ... moron...
the spectre lost beacuse of the power check.
the presence in one point let the spectre at full power and without check. 
that cost great problems in the univers. 
so the presence bound the spectre to human form and check on his power.
 
when he fought Dr Fate, the spectre lost. then come back much stronger... and then face Nabu himself (the one that give dr fate his powers) and win
"

 

Several problems. The Presence decided to banish the Spectre from the mortal  plane for as long as Jesus walked the Earth, with the justification that both mercy and vengeance of God could not afford to walk the earth at once. Once Jesus died, the Spectre broke free and started wrecking havoc, but the real reason the Spectre has a host, is due to Michael orders (deriving directly from the Presence) no spirit was no longer allowed to roam the Earth without a body. Hence why both Spectre, and the former wrath of God, Eclipso, have used several hosts in the past.
 
The Spectre being unbound didn't cause any fault in the Universe, at all, unless you consider the Spectre's quest to destroy all magic during Day of Vengeance, something that caused an unbalance. 
 
The Spectre has encountered Dr Fate a series of times, but has trashed him every single time, and two times he encountered Nabu, one of which was in Ancient Egypt, and the other during DoV, he completely dominated him, and Nabu admitted him his superior, so I am not sure as to what exactly you are talking about.  If there is another occasion, please, enlighten me, but considering that I've read the complete Spectre volume 3, parts of volume 4, and pretty much any mini save the Infinite Crisis 3 parter, I doubt that is possible. That is everything the Spectre has appeared in, post COIE.
 
As for the Spectre being inferior only to the Presence, and the two 
Archangels. The Great Evil Beast, the Presence's opposite number is also above him, even at full power. There are others, as well, but it is not for this time.

Moderator
#29 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Johnny_Nemesis said:
" @Kael said:
" great come back ... moron...
the spectre lost beacuse of the power check.
the presence in one point let the spectre at full power and without check. 
that cost great problems in the univers. 
so the presence bound the spectre to human form and check on his power.
 
when he fought Dr Fate, the spectre lost. then come back much stronger... and then face Nabu himself (the one that give dr fate his powers) and win
"
Once again please read a comic, the Spectre has lost even when he was unbound, the Spectre isnt even in the top 10 most powerful beings in DCU..seriously kid read a comic or do some research before talking ok "
I haven't seen that. Of course he can lose even while unbound, but post COIE I haven't seen it happening.
Moderator
#30 Posted by Kael (63 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_:  
 
Thanks for the info.  
I was talkin about DoV. 
"The Great Evil Beast " I honestly never heard of it. I look it up. 
Since you read every single one of the Spectre books and you also said that the spectre is below The Great Evil Beast, Presence, and the two Archangels. 
Who would win in a fight... the spectre or the anti-monitor?
#31 Edited by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kael said:

" @Morpheus_:  
 
Thanks for the info.  
I was talkin about DoV. 
"The Great Evil Beast " I honestly never heard of it. I look it up. 
Since you read every single one of the Spectre books and you also said that the spectre is below The Great Evil Beast, Presence, and the two Archangels. 
Who would win in a fight... the spectre or the anti-monitor?
"

  The Spectre was unbound for many years before Christ was born, so that certainly caused no unbalance. For example, it was Spectre who killed every Egyptian first born when the Farao did not gave his permission for the Hebrew to leave his land. DoV was a rare occasion where Eclipso seduced an already confused Spectre, but Nabu sacrificed himself in order for the Spectre to actually exceed his bounds to a degree where the Presence would notice.
 
Spectre was not at his best form during COIE, and was also bonded to Jim Corrigan, but he was enhanced during the fight by several mystical beings in order to hold off AM for long enough. But, in a straight fight, I am inclined to believe that even an unbound Spectre would lose to COIE Anti-Monitor. The scope of his power is just too overwhelming to bear, but it wouldn't be such a bad fight to watch. Spectre against SCW Anti-Monitor, which was far from being at full form, would be a much better and more open ended fight, depending on the condition the Spectre is at.
Moderator
#32 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
"Mxy<Spectre<Anti-Monitor. "

Mxy >>> Spectre
#33 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" @AtPhantom said:
"Mxy<Spectre<Anti-Monitor. "
Mxy >>> Spectre "
Well, no.
#34 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" @AtPhantom said:
"Mxy<Spectre<Anti-Monitor. "
Mxy >>> Spectre "
Well, no. "

Do u think a fully-powered Spectre could decimate the entire multiverse?  
#35 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" @AtPhantom said:
"Mxy<Spectre<Anti-Monitor. "
Mxy >>> Spectre "
Well, no. "
Do u think a fully-powered Spectre could decimate the entire multiverse?   "
Isn't WF non canon?
Moderator
#36 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" @AtPhantom said:
"Mxy<Spectre<Anti-Monitor. "
Mxy >>> Spectre "
Well, no. "
Do u think a fully-powered Spectre could decimate the entire multiverse?   "
Yes. 
@Morpheus_ said:
" Isn't WF non canon? "
Yes.
Spectre pwned 5D imps in the past.
#37 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
"
@Morpheus_ said:
" Isn't WF non canon? "
Yes. Spectre pwned 5D imps in the past. "
I know, hence why I was surprised.
Moderator
#38 Posted by TheSavageAssasin (2761 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti-Monitor takes this simply because it is the COIE version.

#39 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" @AtPhantom said:
"Mxy<Spectre<Anti-Monitor. "
Mxy >>> Spectre "
Well, no. "
Do u think a fully-powered Spectre could decimate the entire multiverse?   "
Yes. 
@Morpheus_ said:
" Isn't WF non canon? "
Yes. Spectre pwned 5D imps in the past. "

Emperor Joker, who's on par with Mxy, rendered Spectre helpless in a birdcage with no apparent effort. I've also heard that Mxy easily defeated an unbound Spectre in the past, although I haven't seen it yet for myself.
#40 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" Emperor Joker, who's on par with Mxy, rendered Spectre helpless in a birdcage with no apparent effort. I've also heard that Mxy easily defeated an unbound Spectre in the past, although I haven't seen it yet for myself. "
Because the Spectre wasn't fully powered. See the difference? Mxy never defeated an unbound Spectre in the past. Another 5D imp chained an unknown powered Spectre before, but the Spectre freed himself as soon as he was awaken.
#41 Posted by King Saturn (224026 posts) - - Show Bio
I think the only time I can remember off top when a 5D Imp got the best of The Spectre was during the Emperor Joker arc... and supposedly that wasnt even The Spectre at full power... 
#42 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
"I think the only time I can remember off top when a 5D Imp got the best of The Spectre was during the Emperor Joker arc... and supposedly that wasnt even The Spectre at full power...  "

Mxy has defeated him on multiple occasions, but Spectre wasn't stated as being fully-powered for any of them.
#43 Posted by King Saturn (224026 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" @King Saturn said:
"I think the only time I can remember off top when a 5D Imp got the best of The Spectre was during the Emperor Joker arc... and supposedly that wasnt even The Spectre at full power...  "
Mxy has defeated him on multiple occasions, but Spectre wasn't stated as being fully-powered for any of them. "
yeah... but a few of those occasions werent even canon... and the others I cant recall anyways... hence why I said " the only time I can remember off top "... 
#44 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" @King Saturn said:
"I think the only time I can remember off top when a 5D Imp got the best of The Spectre was during the Emperor Joker arc... and supposedly that wasnt even The Spectre at full power...  "
Mxy has defeated him on multiple occasions, but Spectre wasn't stated as being fully-powered for any of them. "
What occasions? I don't know any of them.
#45 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" Emperor Joker, who's on par with Mxy, rendered Spectre helpless in a birdcage with no apparent effort. I've also heard that Mxy easily defeated an unbound Spectre in the past, although I haven't seen it yet for myself. "
Because the Spectre wasn't fully powered. See the difference? Mxy never defeated an unbound Spectre in the past. Another 5D imp chained an unknown powered Spectre before, but the Spectre freed himself as soon as he was awaken. "

You're referring to Qwsp, but he clearly isn't as formidable as Mxy.
#46 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" Emperor Joker, who's on par with Mxy, rendered Spectre helpless in a birdcage with no apparent effort. I've also heard that Mxy easily defeated an unbound Spectre in the past, although I haven't seen it yet for myself. "
Because the Spectre wasn't fully powered. See the difference? Mxy never defeated an unbound Spectre in the past. Another 5D imp chained an unknown powered Spectre before, but the Spectre freed himself as soon as he was awaken. "
You're referring to Qwsp, but he clearly isn't as formidable as Mxy. "
He conquered their freaking dimension. Stop making stuff up.
#47 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" @King Saturn said:
"I think the only time I can remember off top when a 5D Imp got the best of The Spectre was during the Emperor Joker arc... and supposedly that wasnt even The Spectre at full power...  "
Mxy has defeated him on multiple occasions, but Spectre wasn't stated as being fully-powered for any of them. "
What occasions? I don't know any of them. "

He's killed Spectre twice and has turned him into scattered cube-like pieces in the past.
#48 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" Emperor Joker, who's on par with Mxy, rendered Spectre helpless in a birdcage with no apparent effort. I've also heard that Mxy easily defeated an unbound Spectre in the past, although I haven't seen it yet for myself. "
Because the Spectre wasn't fully powered. See the difference? Mxy never defeated an unbound Spectre in the past. Another 5D imp chained an unknown powered Spectre before, but the Spectre freed himself as soon as he was awaken. "
You're referring to Qwsp, but he clearly isn't as formidable as Mxy. "
He conquered their freaking dimension. Stop making stuff up. "

I vividly recall u saying that Qwsp is outclassed by the likes of Abraxas.
#49 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" @King Saturn said:
"I think the only time I can remember off top when a 5D Imp got the best of The Spectre was during the Emperor Joker arc... and supposedly that wasnt even The Spectre at full power...  "
Mxy has defeated him on multiple occasions, but Spectre wasn't stated as being fully-powered for any of them. "
What occasions? I don't know any of them. "
He's killed Spectre twice and has turned him into scattered cube-like pieces in the past. "
I've seen no such scans. 
But I do know of Spectre overpowering 5D imps:



#50 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" Emperor Joker, who's on par with Mxy, rendered Spectre helpless in a birdcage with no apparent effort. I've also heard that Mxy easily defeated an unbound Spectre in the past, although I haven't seen it yet for myself. "
Because the Spectre wasn't fully powered. See the difference? Mxy never defeated an unbound Spectre in the past. Another 5D imp chained an unknown powered Spectre before, but the Spectre freed himself as soon as he was awaken. "
You're referring to Qwsp, but he clearly isn't as formidable as Mxy. "
He conquered their freaking dimension. Stop making stuff up. "
I vividly recall u saying that Qwsp is outclassed by the likes of Abraxas. "
I consider Mxy outclassed by Abraxas as well. It's not a Qwsp thing, it's a5D imp thing.