Mr Miyagi (The Karate Kid) vs Jean Roqua (Never Back Down)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Mr Miyagi from The Karate Kid trilogy

No Caption Provided

Jean Roqua from Never Back Down

No Caption Provided

Round 1

Sparring match in a dojo

Round 2

Fight to the knockout in a dojo, knowledge gained from sparring match present.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Jean

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Miyagi, the other guy has no feats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: I'm pretty sure you can do a bit of inferring where he lacks in feats. He was a professional mixed martial artist and fought in Pride. You can infer what kind of physical condition he is in from the training he goes under every single day. And you can assume he's still a much better fighter than Jake or anyone else his age by the end of the film considering he's been at it his entire life and taught him everything he knows, not to mention he showed a lot of grappling against him.

Just saying - he isn't featless.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aw come on!

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MonsterStomp

Miyagi is the boxing bag. Jean is that left roundhouse.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@i_like_swords: Feats speak louder than speculation, and Miyagi beat John Kreese with out laying a finger on him, then later soloed John Kreese, Terry Silver, and Mike Barnes, pretty much the 3 biggest names in karate.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: To be honest, Karate tournaments are built on more rules than MMA tournaments. Moreover, I doubt Miyagi has the strength to pull out of a grapple hold.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drum technique.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: To be honest, Karate tournaments are built on more rules than MMA tournaments. Moreover, I doubt Miyagi has the strength to pull out of a grapple hold.

None of his fights are in a karate ring, Miyagi soloed the 4 cobra ki students attacking Daniel (1), then he used the environment to make John Kreese take himself out (2), then soloed John Kreese (vietnam vet), Terry Silver (also a vietnam vet IIRC), and Mike Barnes (worlds best Karate student), all these fights are not with in rules, and everyone fights dirty. Miyagi has shown great striking techniques as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moreover, I doubt Miyagi has the strength to pull out of a grapple hold.

It's not about who is stronger

It's about who is smarter

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

Drum technique.

Pfft. Probably works for a straight kick, but he never used it to counter a roundhouse.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

@monsterstomp said:

None of his fights are in a karate ring, Miyagi soloed the 4 cobra ki students attacking Daniel (1), then he used the environment to make John Kreese take himself out (2), then soloed John Kreese (vietnam vet), Terry Silver (also a vietnam vet IIRC), and Mike Barnes (worlds best Karate student), all these fights are not with in rules, and everyone fights dirty. Miyagi has shown great striking techniques as well.

Not only were they vietnam vets, they were both world-scale karate champions. Also, Miyagi was a freaking WW2 vet and served 442nd as a Sergeant - a regiment that alone earned more medals than all of the other regiments combined - Miyagi himself earning many medals including a medal for valor.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

@monsterstomp said:

Not only were they vietnam vets, they were both world-scale karate champions.

yeah, I just forgot to say that.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

To be fair, none of those guys are Jean, who is a master of MIXED Martial Arts and has utilized a wide variety of grapple techniques.

@monsterstomp said:

Moreover, I doubt Miyagi has the strength to pull out of a grapple hold.

It's not about who is stronger

It's about who is smarter

True. So when has Miyagi been in that type of situation?

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless Jean has a headband on in the OP pic he gets stomped by Miyagi.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: He's not allowed himself to get into those situations in the first place by out-grappling his opponents and putting them on the floor, consistently.

Anyhoo, gonna stop debating and let thread roll.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: He's not allowed himself to get into those situations in the first place by out-grappling his opponents and putting them on the floor, consistently.

No one has even attempted to grapple him. Fact is, Jean is physically superior and is all about grapple/counter techniques. He's definitely getting Miyagi in a hold and unless Miyagi taps out, he loses his old flimsy arm.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

No one has even attempted to grapple him. Fact is, Jean is physically superior and is all about grapple/counter techniques. He's definitely getting Miyagi in a hold and unless Miyagi taps out, he loses his old flimsy arm.

Why? Miyagi is pretty fast, he doesn't have to be a tank to win. Miyagi has shown actual feats like: striking though a big wooden support beam and teaching Daniel to slice through 6 ice blocks when other stronger people could only break 1, better reaction feats like catching a fly and evading John Kreese's attacks, and better balance with crane kick and boat stand. He is more level headed, wiser, and more experienced as well.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: The OP says trilogy, you do know that Miyagi has the Next Karate Kid right? I only saw it once so I don't remember any feats, but would it technically count?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@monsterstomp: yeah there is a fourth film with Hilary Swank before the crappy Kung Fu Kid with Jaden Smith.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean would break him with that roundhouse kick

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: yeah there is a fourth film with Hilary Swank before the crappy Kung Fu Kid with Jaden Smith.

I liked that "crappy Kung Fu Kid".

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wax on it, wax it off!

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: I'd rather watch Next Karate Kid one hundred thousand and fourteen times before watching a trailer for Kung Fu Kid.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MonsterStomp
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Its called Karate Kid, but its Kung Fu, and it was literally called Kung Fu Kid internationally. Jaden is horrible and annoying I felt no regret watching him get beat up, while Daniel getting beat up was sad. Mr Han was no where near the man Mr Miyagi was. Mr Han's stupid magic healing fire balls. The music sucked and all around was a poop on a classic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: The OP says trilogy, you do know that Miyagi has the Next Karate Kid right? I only saw it once so I don't remember any feats, but would it technically count?

Wait... are you telling me that piece of sh*t with Jaden Smith that I refuse to watch.. is connected to the original trilogy?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

Wait... are you telling me that piece of sh*t with Jaden Smith that I refuse to watch.. is connected to the original trilogy?

No the Kung Fu Kid (2010) has nothing to do with the classic movies. Miyagi was in a movie called The Next Karate Kid (1994), Daniel LaRusso isn't in it, Miyagi trains Hilary Swank.

@allstarsuperman: Some weak flaws to grant such lustful hate, lol.

I could find more wrong with it if I gave it a rewatch, but that's never gonna happen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@allstarsuperman said:

No the Kung Fu Kid (2010) has nothing to do with the classic movies. Miyagi was in a movie called The Next Karate Kid (1994), Daniel LaRusso isn't in it, Miyagi trains Hilary Swank.

I.. didn't even know that film existed.. I'm going to watch it tomorrow. Yeah he can use feats from it.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: I quite like Jaden as an actor. He didn't come off annoying to me at all, maybe its just me, I feel sorry for bully victims. Mr Han's stupid magic tricks were just as stupid as Mr Miyagi's hand rubbing together *poof* fixed shoulder trick. Music didn't bother me. 20th century music and 19th century music are different. Would be rather out of place if we used 19th century music for a 20th century film.