#101 Edited by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

I see Majestros taking this rather handily.

#102 Edited by MisterGuyMan (2031 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to add that there's no evidence that Majestic was protected by a Void shield when he tanked that Earth & Moon buster. The trees and mountain were glowing the same exact shade of pink so under that logic Void was shielding the entire landscape. That's also not how Void shields have ever looked like to my recollection. Anything glowing pink does not automatically equate to a Void shield.

Also Majestic can just take the simplest route and cut up Prime. He knows about Superman's history or enough of it to know not to dick around with a Superman type.

#103 Edited by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

I forgot just how sickeningly cyclical and utterly asinine any sort of exchange with toptom is. I'm going to hop off the crazy train early this time because I've already dealt with every one of his statements in numerous threads involving Majestic and Superman or SPB.

#104 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

But you're new, so maybe there's hope for you.

Prime.

He is by far in the top tier of the most Broken characters of all time. I don't know if Mr Majestic can really put him away for good. Think of him not only an attack from the Guardian that should have atomized him from how it was explained, but the a big bang as well and at that point he was less powerful than he has been shown.

Prime is powered up by energy so the attack from the Guardian powered him up. It's not like he tanked it, it's like hitting Superman with a firehose blast of sunlight and hoping to take him down. He didn't tank a big bang either, since the blast he survived was stated to have caused a chain reaction that created the destruction it did, not a big bang itself. That there was a plant growing in the ground where the fight took place it should make it clear it didn't simply destroy everything. Also, Prime complained about how hurt he was from the previous explosion that was likely only the size of a nuke (I'm forgetting the dialogue from the bystanders but I think that was about it) that didn't even fully destroy a city, so him surviving a big bang doesn't make sense. And it's one thing for feats to contradict some, but when they are just pages away from each other there shouldn't be such a discrepancy.

#105 Posted by highaccuser (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

Majestic had thanos level strength at his prime. 2 supermen gave prime some trouble. Not much, but it is a low showing for him. Plus MM harmed him, something silver surfer failed to do to Thanos

#106 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

Going to go with Majestic. Strength via feats is better, both have low showings and high showings, the 6x light is definitely a feat that shows he can dodge them and I'm sorry tomtom nothing you posted made sense, and I was impartial until I read your response. Also apparently he has 10,000 years of combat experience...?

So he's more skilled, faster, and stronger.

Have fun with that, SBP.

#107 Posted by toptom (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to add that there's no evidence that Majestic was protected by a Void shield when he tanked that Earth & Moon buster. The trees and mountain were glowing the same exact shade of pink so under that logic Void was shielding the entire landscape. That's also not how Void shields have ever looked like to my recollection. Anything glowing pink does not automatically equate to a Void shield.

Also Majestic can just take the simplest route and cut up Prime. He knows about Superman's history or enough of it to know not to dick around with a Superman type.

yes that's true but he was still surrounded by a purple aurea even when everything was engulfed in a white light. but even if we skip the Void's factor here,just the fact that mj is heavily damaged by far less powerful explosions than that should prove that he was simply sent back in time.

@buckshot said:

I forgot just how sickeningly cyclical and utterly asinine any sort of exchange with toptom is. I'm going to hop off the crazy train early this time because I've already dealt with every one of his statements in numerous threads involving Majestic and Superman or SPB.

i understand your disappointment..since i am one of the few( really few) guys who actually knows Mj for real,i can correct you upon all the garbage that you usually say unrestrained. I don't know why, but when it comes with Mj you totally lost any appearance of objectivity . You seem to have an idea of Majestic that exists just in your mind and not in the comics.

but i can leave you to your madness just fine.

#108 Edited by toptom (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium: well if you just skip my not so great grammar, what i posted was sufficiently clear for the most part ( i hope). however scans don't lie, and i don't see anyone avoiding anything.

#109 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@toptom: well like, your response to the durability feat was that he was deluding himself, which...y'know, isn't an answer. I have no idea why you're trying to refute that Majestic dodges at 6x the speed of light, since it's true, the CA feat isn't even a feat, it wasn't the Void's power, he did survive the temporal explosion, if we take into account low showings then SBP gets bruised and bloodied by EVERYONE, Bombard's durability is roughly 10,000 nukes which is much more than SBP's durability feats, all you said to the thing that SBP's greatest feat was moving planets is 'no it isn't which once again IS NOT AN ANSWER, buckshot already debunked the 3 flashes feat and it's been debunked in many other threads that I've seen.

#110 Edited by toptom (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium: superman has an identical "feat" ,regarding the durability, as this one (superman/batman # 15 i suppose) but no one has ever put it in respect thread..because no one has ever considered it as such. but for mj that's another story since it would be his gratest feat. the only thing that i know is that he was sent back in his timeline,that he was in a better shape than before and that Adrian has used the void's power to do so. those scans that i have posted (with Ca or Bombard ecc)were meant to show that mj is damaged by far less force than a planetary explosion,and if he is going to take one of them he will be at least heavily damaged.

then i am not trying to refute that 6xftl feat,since there is no feat.

i really can't see him avoiding anything.

then bombard durability (10.000 nukes) is nothing compared to Superman...let alone this Superboy. then fact that he was defeated by the teen titans is PIS at his finest,but it not as bad as being one shotted by Bombard.

however opinions are always opinions,and every body can believe what he wants!

#111 Posted by MisterGuyMan (2031 posts) - - Show Bio

My point stands that there's no evidence of a Void shield. The pink aura is likely nothing more than the standard light that Void powers give off every time they're used. If pink light is enough to conclude a Void shield then the logical conclusion is that during their previous fight, each time Majestic damages Hadrian, Majestic is punching through a Void shield capable of tanking a planet busting attack. Spartan was giving off pink light the entire fight and you'd then have to accept that he's shielded the entire fight with the same shielding that can apparently tank an explosion that can engulf Earth and the Moon. That's an IMP each time Majestic punched Hadrian. This isn't what I'm stating myself. This is merely the logical conclusion of assuming any pink light is a Void shield. You can't have it both ways.

Majestic has ridiculous damage soak. He gets hurt but he heals ridiculously fast too. He was struck through the torso with two creation blades, dropped into lava then was fine a few panels later. Whatever damage you think he might have incurred when he looped back in time can be explained with that. I honestly don't follow the argument you're making with that but there's also no time specified from when he went back in time and when we see him on panel. I don't see how there's any argument for anything either way in that time frame if he's off panel.

Also, In the same panel you posted Majestic is traveling into the ship at translight velocity. Superman gets knocked out when he hit that moon at near light speed and you always like to compare them. So with that level of durability and soak Majestic is good for a prolonged fight.

Majestic is clearly dodging those beams. There are at least 9 continuous beams firing into an area smaller than a human body. Majestic escapes the encounter with no apparent damage. He escapes damage while casually reconfiguring his rig's settings. This level of reaction speed is in line with his previous showings for example when he built a prototype in nanoseconds.

Finally you tried to pass off the Dreamwar Superman with the mainline pre-52 Superman. They're not the same. It was the imagination of a powerful reality warper that thought up of a Superman Projection. It's also a huge leap beating some one up when they're tied down than when they're free but that's beside the point.

#112 Posted by Killemall (18283 posts) - - Show Bio

toptom vs MisterGuyMan tends to happen in every Mr. Majestic vs Superman character thread :)

Its fun, respect to both guys, its fun reading a pretty heated argument, when you get the sense , if this was a face to face argument, one of them might end up getting stabbed :p

#113 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium: I'm so glad you posted. It's always a blast for me to hear that my line of thinking makes sense to someone else and that I'm not a crazy person. (And it's also great to know that people aren't being taken in by toptom's claims.) And you too @misterguyman, but the other guy is someone whose opinion I don't recall hearing before so it stands out a little more. I liked both of your guys' posts (and not just because we're on the same page) and enjoyed the reasoning and examples you applied misterguyman.

#114 Posted by Saren (25315 posts) - - Show Bio

Just as a reflection of how low my opinion is of some of the arguments here......

Add Superboy + Wonder Girl + Supergirl + Miss Martian + Bombshell + whoever else and you might come close to Majestic's strength. Probably won't, but anyway.

#115 Posted by SlimJ87D (9349 posts) - - Show Bio

Just as a reflection of how low my opinion is of some of the arguments here......

Add Superboy + Wonder Girl + Supergirl + Miss Martian + Bombshell + whoever else and you might come close to Majestic's strength. Probably won't, but anyway.

People are always going to call his loss to the titans PIS, but I ask them how?

Prime has had his blood drawn by Krypto, Superboy, Bart Allen and Sodam-Yat. Sodam-Yat was hardly using his ION powers, was lead poisoned at the beginning of the fight and still drew Prime's blood.

Prime mostly killed canon fodder and low level beings during wars and absolute chaos. He hardly ever finished a fight 1 on 1. The only difference this time was that Prime didn't get to high tail it out of there this time.

#116 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:

@citizenbane said:

Prime has had his blood drawn by Krypto, Superboy, Bart Allen and Sodam-Yat. Sodam-Yat was hardly using his ION powers, was lead poisoned at the beginning of the fight and still drew Prime's blood.

Prime mostly killed canon fodder and low level beings during wars and absolute chaos. He hardly ever finished a fight 1 on 1. The only difference this time was that Prime didn't get to high tail it out of there this time.

If we go by paper, Mr. Majestic is written as just another Superman with different background and have no power restraint.

And I'm sure Superboy Prime is still more powerful than bloodlusted Superman.

By the way, though them mentioned characters have drawn blood from Prime, non of them are capable of putting him down for a winning count. 2 Superman barely able to hold him.

#117 Edited by SlimJ87D (9349 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks:

I thought Mr. Majestic was shown to be able to move planets?

Second, Mr. Majestic posses something that Superman does not, he is a fully trained warrior and possibly has H2H skills on par with DC's elite. Superman does not, he has just formal training. Superboy-Prime is even worse than that, he probably has no training. That being said, nerve strikes will most likely work on Prime, if not Majestic just needs to land as many blows as the Titans did till Prime is KOed. He has the skills to do it.

Third, those characters being able to draw blood from him shows that his level of durability isn't as high as people make it out to be. I mentioned it to back up the Titans landing multiple blows to knock him out. It's arguable (I can feel the Prime fanboys coming) but justifiable that it is in fact not PIS.

Fourth, Prime has never one shotted a heavy hitter before either. If he was as powerful as people exaggerate him out to be, he would have easily one shotted Superboy. This could most likely be due to his speed, he is not much faster or even proven to be faster combat wise than most of the speedsters in DC so therefore his blows are on par. What he does have is strength so grappling with him would prove to be the problem. But knowing Majestic's combat prowess, he probably has far superior grappling techniques than Prime if Prime is proven to be more powerful than Majestic.

#118 Posted by SlimJ87D (9349 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckshot said:

@bossmonster said:

Prime.

He is by far in the top tier of the most Broken characters of all time. I don't know if Mr Majestic can really put him away for good. Think of him not only an attack from the Guardian that should have atomized him from how it was explained, but the a big bang as well and at that point he was less powerful than he has been shown.

Prime is powered up by energy so the attack from the Guardian powered him up. It's not like he tanked it, it's like hitting Superman with a firehose blast of sunlight and hoping to take him down. He didn't tank a big bang either, since the blast he survived was stated to have caused a chain reaction that created the destruction it did, not a big bang itself. That there was a plant growing in the ground where the fight took place it should make it clear it didn't simply destroy everything. Also, Prime complained about how hurt he was from the previous explosion that was likely only the size of a nuke (I'm forgetting the dialogue from the bystanders but I think that was about it) that didn't even fully destroy a city, so him surviving a big bang doesn't make sense. And it's one thing for feats to contradict some, but when they are just pages away from each other there shouldn't be such a discrepancy.

To elaborate a little bit of the whole big bang thing. Superboy-Prime still had his adult Body which shows he wasn't depowered from the Guardian's energy. To me it was quite obvious Monarch was just teasing him and getting him angry.

Second, I need a confirmation check on this but it is from Final Crisis Superman Beyond 01. Earth-51, the one where the battle took place actually still existed which proves a big bang did not occur.

#119 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:

@angryhulks:

I thought Mr. Majestic was shown to be able to move planets?

Second, Mr. Majestic posses something that Superman does not, he is a fully trained warrior and possibly has H2H skills on par with DC's elite. Superman does not, he has just formal training. Superboy-Prime is even worse than that, he probably has no training. That being said, nerve strikes will most likely work on Prime, if not Majestic just needs to land as many blows as the Titans did till Prime is KOed. He has the skills to do it.

Third, those characters being able to draw blood from him shows that his level of durability isn't as high as people make it out to be. I mentioned it to back up the Titans landing multiple blows to knock him out. It's arguable (I can feel the Prime fanboys coming) but justifiable that it is in fact not PIS.

Fourth, Prime has never one shotted a heavy hitter before either. If he was as powerful as people exaggerate him out to be, he would have easily one shotted Superboy. This could most likely be due to his speed, he is not much faster or even proven to be faster combat wise than most of the speedsters in DC so therefore his blows are on par. What he does have is strength so grappling with him would prove to be the problem. But knowing Majestic's combat prowess, he probably has far superior grappling techniques than Prime if Prime is proven to be more powerful than Majestic.

Majestic is no doubt capable of moving planets, but so is Prime, and both displays no exertion in doing so.

It's not PIS, I understand, but that is also Prime that was weakened (probably due to Speed Force), before he was abducted into Speed Force, the Titans as well as JSA could barely take a hold of him.

Prime is slightly faster than Superman, and his physical condition can cope with high speed more than Jay Garrick (his legs give up after certain speed). He doesn't have to one-shot a heavy hitter to be said that he is physically stronger than regular Superman as he can at least get an upper hand in doing so, Martian Manhunter punched him (and seems pretty hard) and it didn't draw his blood either.

#120 Edited by SlimJ87D (9349 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm on my phone so I can't directly reply to you.

That was not Prime after the speed force abduction. He actually prepped to fight against the titans.

You said Majestic is like Superman yet you said he can move planets which superman can't at normal levels. Which one is it?

II don't understand your last paragraph. It really has nothing to do with my post.

#121 Edited by toptom (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterguyman said:

My point stands that there's no evidence of a Void shield. The pink aura is likely nothing more than the standard light that Void powers give off every time they're used. If pink light is enough to conclude a Void shield then the logical conclusion is that during their previous fight, each time Majestic damages Hadrian, Majestic is punching through a Void shield capable of tanking a planet busting attack. Spartan was giving off pink light the entire fight and you'd then have to accept that he's shielded the entire fight with the same shielding that can apparently tank an explosion that can engulf Earth and the Moon. That's an IMP each time Majestic punched Hadrian. This isn't what I'm stating myself. This is merely the logical conclusion of assuming any pink light is a Void shield. You can't have it both ways.

Majestic has ridiculous damage soak. He gets hurt but he heals ridiculously fast too.He was struck through the torso with two creation blades, dropped into lava then was fine a few panels later. Whatever damage you think he might have incurred when he looped back in time can be explained with that. I honestly don't follow the argument you're making with that but there's also no time specified from when he went back in time and when we see him on panel. I don't see how there's any argument for anything either way in that time frame if he's off panel.

Also, In the same panel you posted Majestic is traveling into the ship at translight velocity. Superman gets knocked out when he hit that moon at near light speed and you always like to compare them. So with that level of durability and soak Majestic is good for a prolonged fight.

Majestic is clearly dodging those beams. There are at least 9 continuous beams firing into an area smaller than a human body. Majestic escapes the encounter with no apparent damage. He escapes damage while casually reconfiguring his rig's settings. This level of reaction speed is in line with his previous showings for example when he built a prototype in nanoseconds.

Finally you tried to pass off the Dreamwar Superman with the mainline pre-52 Superman. They're not the same. It was the imagination of a powerful reality warper that thought up of a Superman Projection. It's also a huge leap beating some one up when they're tied down than when they're free but that's beside the point.

"My point stands that there's no evidence of a Void shield." too bad that i was not basing my whole argument JUST on the presence of the void's aura after the blast. you pretended to explain that mj is represented just fine and with a new costume thanks to his healing factor and thanks to an unshowed trip to the earth. this reasoning is reeeeaaaly forced... and wrong for at least 2 reasons: 1- this out character for mj, if he really was just unscracthed after the blast i ampretty shure that the very first thing he wanted to do is to shut those portals down...in orther to save, you know, ALL the people on earth. 2- mj is clearly scanning the earth to see is everything is finally all right as soon he comes back for the first time,this thing alone should prove that both you and buckshot are wrong without a doubt.

"That's an IMP each time Majestic punched Hadrian."what?? i know that this comes from your previuos twisted reasoning, but let my clarify this for someone who doesn't know mj very well: mj hasn't ever hit anyone with a punch that is remotely as strongh as an imp. however that (damn) final purple aura doesn't have to be strictly a shield,what it is far more probable is that it was sending mj in his dimension,and since he was fading away from that reality he hasn't took the whole blast. (since there isn't anything suggesting that he has took that explosion at all)

"Majestic has ridiculous damage soak."again..not so ridiculous to take such a big explosion without getting at least damaged a little,and i can quietely say that thanks to ALL(and i really mean them all) his durability feats.

"dropped into lava then was fine a few panels later." but even some moments in the lava could burn his skin and his costume a little...but somehow a planetary explosion is suddenly not enough to harm him.

"In the same panel you posted Majestic is traveling into the ship at translight velocity. Superman gets knocked out when he hit that moon at near light speed and you always like to compare them. So with that level of durability and soak Majestic is good for a prolonged fight."first of all Superman has destroyed a moon two times, and he was koed back just for the last one. but what they did was clearly different. mj has just burtsed through one of the ship's side, inside of that part of the ship there was NOTHING, he has "just" pierced something empty at ftl...and he was almost koed by that too. but there is a difference beetween flying through a wall at ftl or a moon at close light speed. in the dc's universe when you fly at THAT speed you are attaining an infinite mass,and so the we have a bigger impact than we could have with superior speeds.

"Majestic is clearly dodging those beams. There are at least 9 continuous beams firing into an area smaller than a human body." the word "clearly" is really abused here. if you say that..than it's your problem. what i see, and what it is told in the comic, is that the vedettes are shooting at the rig and not at MJ. i am seeing mj standing still,while they are utterly trashing his rig, and then he flies STRAIGHT while they are always shooting at his rig.

"Finally you tried to pass off the Dreamwar Superman with the mainline pre-52 Superman. They're not the same."i have clearly told in my post that he was another version of Superman. if you are incapable or unwilling to read...that's not my fault.

"his level of reaction speed is in line with his previous showings for example when he built a prototype in nanoseconds." he hasn't build anything in a nanosecond. that's just an example of how usually people who are talking about Mj doesn't even know the character.

he is cleary ( again with this word) saying that he has build that thing and that it took to him SEVERAL NANOSECONDS LONGER THAN PLANNED. he was supposed to do that in just 12.000 part of a second ,this is always amazing but it is like millions times less impressive than what you want us to believe.

#122 Edited by MisterGuyMan (2031 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks:

"too bad that i was not basing my whole argument JUST on the presence of the void's aura after the blast. you pretended to explain that mj is represented just fine and with a new costume thanks to his healing factor and thanks to an unshowed trip to the earth. this reasoning is reeeeaaaly forced... and wrong for at least 2 reasons: 1- this out character for mj, if he really was just unscracthed after the blast i ampretty shure that the very first thing he wanted to do is to shut those portals down...in orther to save, you know, ALL the people on earth. 2- mj is clearly scanning the earth to see is everything is finally all right as soon he comes back for the first time,this thing alone should prove that both you and buckshot are wrong without a doubt."

That's not even close to evidence. You're using what you think Majestic would do as proof. Then you're also relying on your assumptions about what happens off panel. Then you're making assumptions on how long an unspecified time frame is. Your literally relying on assumption after assumption after assumption to make a conclusion. I'm sorry but that's not evidence. Any number of explanations can be used to explain anything you said. Your assumptions are just as baseless as mine though so there's no reason to get into that but here's one possible explanation anyway. Maj kept his presence a secret because his past self was still there. Therefore, he waited until the loop was completed before he shut the portal down. Seeing a second Maj would likely make the past Maj alter the timeline. The fact that you automatically make one assumption then assume that your assumption is the only definitive possible explanation is an example of confirmation bias. For whatever reason you've already decided on the outcome and you haven't given any thought of possible other explanations.

"what?? i know that this comes from your previuos twisted reasoning, but let my clarify this for someone who doesn't know mj very well: mj hasn't ever hit anyone with a punch that is remotely as strongh as an imp. however that (damn) final purple aura doesn't have to be strictly a shield,what it is far more probable is that it was sending mj in his dimension,and since he was fading away from that reality he hasn't took the whole blast. (since there isn't anything suggesting that he has took that explosion at all)"

I just applied your reasoning evenly. You wanted to assume that pink light indicated a Void shields. Void shields can protect a being from planet busting attacks without a scratch. Ergo anytime Majestic punched Hadrian he must have punched with planet busting attacks. That's your reasoning, not mine. Moreover the explosion was done then the panel was fading. Note that Maj wasn't even shown to fade. The entire final panel was turning into a pure white light. You can't ignore this one. The planet and moon are shown to explode. Majestic is shown flying there afterward. Then and only then the panel fades to white. The entire explosion was finished before Maj was sent back.

"the word "clearly" is really abused here. if you say that..than it's your problem. what i see, and what it is told in the comic, is that the vedettes are shooting at the rig and not at MJ. i am seeing mj standing still,while they are utterly trashing his rig, and then he flies STRAIGHT while they are always shooting at his rig."

Look at the angle of the beams. The beams are aiming at the rig. Maj is in the direct center of the rig. The angles vary wildly but the focus is always at the of the rig. Either Maj was incredibly lucky or he was actively dodging them. Since at any given moment the space a humanoid can safely inhibit is limited and changes drastically, the raw luck argument is negligible.

If you want we can just use this:

According to your theories, not only did Maj react in a nanosecond, he also busted through a Void shield capable of tanking a planet buster and drew blood.

i have clearly told in my post that he was another version of Superman. if you are incapable or unwilling to read...that's not my fault.

You're actively trying to deceive people. That was not Superman at all. He was a mental construct. He had no father. He had no mother. He had no history. He didn't have his personality. You're essentially using an imaginary Superman as a comparison point. The entire effort on your part was lowballing Maj for no reason. Please tell me what conclusion you got from that example. I'd love to hear it. In my head I imagined Majestic destroying Superman Prime. I'm using that as evidence. That has the same weight as what you tried to do.

"he hasn't build anything in a nanosecond. that's just an example of how usually people who are talking about Mj doesn't even know the character."

The building of the machine was in the thousands of seconds range. The delay was measured in nanoseconds. The research took seconds. Since Maj is a scientist he's talking like a scientist and scientists have a concept of significant figures. He's using nanoseconds (millions of a second) to describe the extension of time he didn't anticipate, thousands of a second to describe the time frame when he decided to scrap the prototype. Seconds are used to describe the research. So the smallest unit of measure used to describe the building of the prototype is thousands of a second. At the worst maj created enough of a prototype to decide he needed to redo the whole thing in 16 thousands of a second. So let's loop this back to the topic. You think that Maj can research new tech in seconds but somehow doesn't have time to put on a new cape before he presses one button in an unspecified time frame that you assume without any basis must be a very short time. That's confirmation bias. For your theory to work out you have to ignore Maj's speed then make several assumptions about what happens off panel.My evidence is right there. The explosion destroys Earth and Moon. Maj is still there. Both facts are shown. Yours hinges on:1. A Void shield never mentioned. 2. A time frame never specified. 3. An assumption of what Maj would have done that is unconfirmed. 4. An assumption of what Maj can and cannot do in that unspecified time frame.I'm sorry but that's obvious confirmation bias. You think your assumptions are the only possible explanation when there are obvious holes and other explanations.

#123 Edited by toptom (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

"That's not even close to evidence. You're using what you think Majestic would do as proof. Then you're also relying on your assumptions about what happens off panel. Then you're making assumptions on how long an unspecified time frame is. Your assumptions are just as baseless as mine though so there's no reason to get into that but here's one possible explanation anyway. Maj kept his presence a secret because his past self was still there. Therefore, he waited until the loop was completed before he shut the portal down. Seeing a second Maj would likely make the past Maj alter the timeline. The fact that you automatically make one assumption then assume that your assumption is the only definitive possible explanation is an example of confirmation bias. For whatever reason you've already decided on the outcome and you haven't given any thought of possible other explanations."

you must be on drugs. at your eyes i am the only one who is making assumptions.

first of all i am not the only one who pretends that MJ has gone to the earth for bold new cape, that he has healed and returned . those thing are happened ...in your head. "I'm sorry but that's not evidence." those are YOUR words, and they are good mostly to you,since at least i am staing on the panels.

then you have skipped the most important parts:it wasn't strictly an explosion,plus hadrian and Majestic (who is a GENIUS) agreeded that if they weren't successful mj would be death in the explosion..but luckily for him their calculatios were right.(summarizing: mj starts an explosion ,that has he said can kill him if that doesn't send him back in time, and in the next pannel we see him right in his universe/timeline) 2- when mj comes back for the eart he has started to scanning the planet searching for anomalities,showing that he was coming back for the first time.

however everybody who has actually READ that comic knows what i am talking about.

still a nuke can harm majestic for a least one day...care to deny this?or he can koed by far far far less force that his supposed planetary explosion. Sb-prime is just as strong as him (not to mention faster and more durable) without his suit,but in this battle he is going to use it. He can ko MJ just fine as CA or Bombard did withot exerting themselves.

"Maj kept his presence a secret because his past self was still there. Therefore, he waited until the loop was completed before he shut the portal down. Seeing a second Maj would likely make the past Maj alter the timeline" yes....and then? that was just clear as the sun,and i haven't deny those things.

" I just applied your reasoning evenly. You wanted to assume that pink light indicated a Void shields. Void shields can protect a being from planet busting attacks without a scratch. Ergo anytime Majestic punched Hadrian he must have punched with planet busting attacks. That's your reasoning, not mine." first you are twisting my post to the point of madness and then you are going to respresent that reasoning to me. that's pitiful.

"Look at the angle of the beams. The beams are aiming at the rig. Maj is in the direct center of the rig. The angles vary wildly but the focus is always at the of the rig. Either Maj was incredibly lucky or he was actively dodging them. Since at any given moment the space a humanoid can safely inhibit is limited and changes drastically, the raw luck argument is negligible." yes and the rig was standing still, but the vedettes were still incapable of hitting him. but by the way:

HERE we have the Eradicator actually avoiding those projectiles. this is the meaning of "to avoid" something.this scan comes from the previus comic of the same story arc. so the Eradictaor( who is not nearly as powerfull as Superman) has got 6xftl reflexes? from your poin of view his reflexes can be on a par (if not grater)than mj.

"According to your theories, not only did Maj react in a nanosecond, he also busted through a Void shield capable of tanking a planet buster and drew blood." you are twisting my theories agan. of course i have never said anything this stupid.

"You're actively trying to deceive people. That was not Superman at all. He was a mental construct. He had no father." please stop embarassing yourself. GO back and read what i have wrote. i have clearly said that was a version of the 52-superman.

"The building of the machine was in the thousands of seconds range. The delay was measured in nanoseconds. The research took seconds. Since Maj is a scientist he's talking like a scientist and scientists have a concept of significant figures. He's using nanoseconds (millions of a second) to describe the extension of time he didn't anticipate, thousands of a second to describe the time frame when he decided to scrap the prototype. Seconds are used to describe the research. So the smallest unit of measure used to describe the building of the prototype is thousands of a second. At the worst maj created enough of a prototype to decide he needed to redo the whole thing in 16 thousands of a second." that's pretty much what i said. you like to waste your time i suppose,but the next time you are going to do it at least make a shorter post in order to not waste MY time.

#124 Edited by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

@toptom: I wasn't going to respond because 1) you annoy me and 2) misterguyman is doing a great job, but he hasn't posted yet so I figured I'd point out just a couple things.

You said what Hadrian did wasn't an explosion, but the Earth and the moon were clearly ripped apart by the expanding force of the Void's power. I'm not sure how you're denying there was an explosion. Majestic hearing that there was an attack underway on Earth is not evidence that it was the first time he had been there and it really doesn't read like he was scanning for anomalies, more that he was just close enough to Earth to hear an attack going on. Even if he were scanning for anomalies, it wouldn't mean it was the first time he was there. Him being there before to gear up wouldn't have affected reality, so him scanning for anomalies after he's actually changed the course of history would make sense without meaning he wasn't there before. There's also support for the idea that Majestic likes to do his superheroing in his traditional garb. When he comes back from his attack on the daemonites and his clothes are all destroyed, he flies to his secret base just to get some new gear. Majestic gearing up before closing the time loop actually makes sense given his displays in other instances and with a proper understanding of the situation. I'm not sure why you credit Eradicator with avoiding the attacks and not Majestic. Both characters are moving toward the enemy with the lasers going all around them, but in your mind only Eradicator is evading, because that's how you want to see it. (And I don't get how you can say that the rig was ever "standing still" since he was flying it to start with and even when he ditches it he puts it on an evasive approach, so it was always moving.) The robots shooting at Eradicator weren't shooting the same way they were in space. The lack of city-destroying force clearly demonstrates that.

#125 Posted by MisterGuyMan (2031 posts) - - Show Bio

@toptom:

1. Please tell me what assumptions I made. Majestic was shown on panel at ground zero. The Earth and Moon were destroyed on panel. Majestic was shown on panel in space after the explosion. None of that are assumptions

You need to read my arguments. Majestic could have gotten a new cape and replaced his costume. He could have gotten a latte at Starbucks. What he does has no bearing off panel is irrelevant. I'm relying on what he's shown to do on panel. I'm merely pointing out the glaring flaw in your argument because you seem to think that you know what happened, how long it happened and what Maj decided he would do in an unspecified time not documented anywhere.

2. The Earth and Moon exploded. Unless you want to get into a useless semantics argument, everyone else is OK just using the term explosion. Moreover Maj can monologue anytime and anywhere he wants. Your evidence that he monologued for the first time is based on nothing more than what you think some one else should and should not have done. I personally think he likely kept a low profile and avoided notice as much as possible and devoted his mental assets to trying to keep the timeline unaltered instead of scanning the planet preferring to confirm his assumption until his quest was done and there was time for it. That's just my take on it. Unfortunately for you, it's just as valid as yours theory but fortunately for me I'm not using my assumption as evidence for anything.

3. You applying a clear double standard. Your evidence for a Void shield was pink light. You think it's fair to assume a Void shield when there's a pink light on Majestic. Then simultaneously you think it's unfair to assume there's a Void shield on Void's host based purely on pink light. That's a double standard and you can't have it both ways. Your absolute insistence is proof of confirmation bias. The Pink light was apparently conclusive proof that Void was shielding Majestic. Then you think it's grossly unfair to even suggest that Spartan was using the pink light was shielding his actual person. Choose your theory and stick with it. It's not my problem that your own theory has these consequences. it's your theory after all.

4. You stated Maj didn't built anything in nanoseconds. I pointed out that the delay was measured in nanoseconds. Maj explained that the delay comprised of ditching the original and created a new machine. So the redesign and new model build only added a few nanoseconds to the entire process. That's exactly what you were arguing against.

5. You're getting defensive because I pointed out your lie of ommision. Dreamwar did not have a version of Superman beat Majestic any more than my hypothetical comic drawn on looseleaf has a version of Majestic beating Galactus. You can't even answer the basic question. What possible conclusion were you trying to prove when you posted that scan? This is the second time I'm asking. So if you weren't trying to deceive anyone then please just plainly explain what the point of that scan was relevant to the discussion. I'm waiting.

6. Those beams Eradicator dodged don't appear to be the same beams at all. One of those beams gradually widens and is half as wide as a car windshield when it impacts whereas the space beams are thinner and have a constant width. The Earth beams give off a green vapor and green explosions. The space beams create red explosions and no vapors. This is the same logic that makes you think any pink light is automatically a Void shield.

7. You're ignoring how Maj knows about Superman and is warrior enough to just cut up Prime with no regrets. You want to bring up Maj's low showings. Fine. Then don't complain about Teen Titans either. That would be another example of a double standard.

#126 Posted by Bossmonster (2167 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckshot: @slimj87d:

Maybe I'll try explaining things a bit differently. I see what you two are saying but I think the context of the scans are different. Also, I'll note that I read over them again before typing this to see what you guys were talking about. The Scan reads "The quantum Energy spilling from Monarch is an unparalleled destructive force." Given the nature of an explosion, I believe when the author says "Chain reaction" he's referring to how and explosion works. Like if you super heat air. It all goes very quickly, but the heat of one heats the other ect. That's the context that I took from reading. Yet, I'll ask this, even if it were a chain reaction, does that still not count for an extremely impressive tank?

Speaking on what I said about him being weaker. It was pretty clear that he was losing his powers up. That is what I was trying to imply. He had been shown to be stronger than in that moment and still managed to do something extremely impressive.

Also, more about context. Prime did complain about that blast hurting him, yet doesn't show a single sign of damage. Not even his uniform looked damaged. So it seemed more like Prime was extremely pissed of that he might have actually felt pain, than it was extremely painful and he was rocked by the power. Like win Krypto bit him and he freaked out. (Also, Prime complains about everything. It's hard to tell when he's whining to whine or being serious.)

I do not agree that Monarch toyed with him. They were going pretty hard. Monarch starts off going for his head. Follows that up with a Energy Blast. Only to be smashed with what looked like a piece of a building and heat vision. I do think he thought Prime was stupid due to the things he would say. Like the suit powered him up. It was clear that Monarch expected that first Blast to kill him instantly seeing as he was completely caught off guard when Prime reappeared.

Lastly, I will agree after thought that Yeah, the guardian attack he didn't tank, given it had a completely different effect. But when you said the bit about a fire hose of sunlight, I actually agree that should power him up. However, things like heat vision seem to hurt him.

#127 Edited by SlimJ87D (9349 posts) - - Show Bio

@bossmonster: No one ever said Monarch was toying with him. I said that he was "trash talking" him. Teasing him that he's really a boy in a mans body and taht the energies were running out which was true. But were they completely gone? His adult body begs to differ.

Lastly, Universe-51 still managed to exist, so was it really a big bang? I posted a scan and I need someone to elaborate on it.

@citizenbane sorry to bug you again, I know you'll have to start charging me for summoning your opinions but can you elaborate on why Earth-51 is still here? Does Final Crisis Superman Beyond 01 take place sometime before or after Prime and Monarch's fight?

#128 Posted by Lvenger (18429 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: I can confirm it takes place afterwards. Way afterwards. Prime and Monarch's fight sets off a chain reaction that destroys all life in Earth 51 and then much later, in Final Crisis #3 - Know Evil Superman is sought out by a female Monitor which leads to the events of Superman Beyond. So I'd think Superman Beyond takes place way after Prime and Monarch's fight. Hope that helped!

#129 Posted by baron2011 (1151 posts) - - Show Bio
@slimj87d said:

@citizenbane said:

prime was depowered when he lost agains the titans.those feats are irrelevant

superboy prime was hurt by some people but every character has his low showing

and prime mostly killed canon fodder and low level beings?come on man in the SCW prime was fighting superman,power girl,kilowog,john stewart and some green and yellow lanterns at the same time and prime was not just beating them,they didn't even land a punch on him and on the other side majestic was getting squashed by eradicator

prime would win this very easy

#130 Edited by SlimJ87D (9349 posts) - - Show Bio

@baron2011: He was depowered when he arrived to the Universe. So are you telling me the days that had passed while the clones were being incubated he wasn't wearing his power suit to recharge? Can you prove it?

@lvenger said:

@slimj87d: I can confirm it takes place afterwards. Way afterwards. Prime and Monarch's fight sets off a chain reaction that destroys all life in Earth 51 and then much later, in Final Crisis #3 - Know Evil Superman is sought out by a female Monitor which leads to the events of Superman Beyond. So I'd think Superman Beyond takes place way after Prime and Monarch's fight. Hope that helped!

So what does that mean with the explosion with Monarch? Why is Earth 51 still there and the universe still exist?

#131 Edited by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:

@baron2011: He was depowered when he arrived to the Universe. So are you telling me the days that had passed while the clones were being incubated he wasn't wearing his power suit to recharge? Can you prove it?

@lvenger said:

So what does that mean with the explosion with Monarch? Why is Earth 51 still there and the universe still exist?

Then when Monarch exploded, what happen? I see that the explosion expand beyond a galaxy cluster in that panel. Otherwise, the universe still exist in one sense, but is devoid of any living things.

#132 Posted by Lvenger (18429 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:

I always thought the bomb that went off only destroyed all life in the universe. The whole universe was never gone I don't think since at the end of the issue, the Monitor for that universe found a plant growing from the ashes of the destruction. Kind of like a universe spanning neutron bomb.

#133 Posted by baron2011 (1151 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:

@lvenger said:

prime was depowered since LO3W when he punched the time trapper and was teleported to earth prime

@lvenger said:

@slimj87d said:

I always thought the bomb that went off only destroyed all life in the universe. The whole universe was never gone I don't think since at the end of the issue, the Monitor for that universe found a plant growing from the ashes of the destruction. Kind of like a universe spanning neutron bomb.

the planet and plant were protected by the monitor shields but the universe 51 was destroyed.it was said in at least 2 comic books that the universe 51 was destroyed and as a matter of fact it was never said that the blast only destroyed all the life in the universe so i don't know where you people got this rumor that is not true at all

@buckshot said:

@bossmonster said:

Prime.

the blast didn't cause a chain reaction that created the destruction of universe 51,the quantum energy spilling from Monarch is the chain reaction, and not merely the cause of a chain reaction so you are 100% wrong

#134 Edited by SlimJ87D (9349 posts) - - Show Bio

@baron2011 said:

@slimj87d said:

@lvenger said:

prime was depowered since LO3W when he punched the time trapper and was teleported to earth prime

@lvenger said:

@slimj87d said:

the planet and plant were protected by the monitor shields but the universe 51 was destroyed.it was said in at least 2 comic books that the universe 51 was destroyed and as a matter of fact it was never said that the blast only destroyed all the life in the universe so i don't know where you people got this rumor that is not true at all

@buckshot said:

@bossmonster said:

Prime.

the blast didn't cause a chain reaction that created the destruction of universe 51,the quantum energy spilling from Monarch is the chain reaction, and not merely the cause of a chain reaction so you are 100% wrong

First part, what was the whole point of Alexander Luthor Jr Black Lantern restoring his powers? Again, can you give us proof.

Second part, whooow whooow there cowboy, settle down. We're just discussing it, no one has jumped to a conclusion yet. Can you share proof of this as well. And I'm pretty sure you and I have had this discussion before. It doesn't prove that Monarch wasn't just teasing Prime because Prime still had his adult body when the explosion happened.

#135 Edited by toptom (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckshot: there was no need of one of your answers in the first place since i haven't done any question.

but i think that i am done with you.you will be happy to hear that maybe,but i will be even more happy. i have seen another thread in which you are supporting the idea of majestic beating ALL THE HERALDS of Galactus AT ONCE with just one day of prep. i am not going to respond over and over to a schizophrenic. you cleary can't accept the idea of mj can loose a fight with..anyone,except god maybe.

you can find a response to your post though,since i am going to respond to misterguyman who seems to share his brain with you.have a god day/night and try to sleep a bit before posting on CV.@misterguyman:

1- you have made different assumption: that mj was healed from the blast, and that he has returned to earth to change his costume..for no reason.

i am going to say this for the last time: mj has aknowledged that the explosion could kill him if it couldn't send back him in time, he is a freacking genius and i don't have any reason for not believe he wasn't right..who can know his limits better than him? if right after the blast he is shown to be alive and without a scracth and with a new costume i am just supposed to think that he has succeded in doing what he cleary wanted to do: restabilizing the previous reality.

2- i haven't denied that it wasn't an explosion i have said that it wasn't JUST an explosion. neext.

3-however that (damn) final purple aura doesn't have to be strictly a shield,what it is far more probable is that it was sending mj in his dimension,and since he was fading away from that reality he hasn't took the whole blast, so it can be considerated as "shield" just for doing that (since there isn't anything suggesting that he has took that explosion at all).

"still a nuke can harm majestic for a least one day...care to deny this?or he can koed by far far far less force that his supposed planetary explosion. Sb-prime is just as strong as him (not to mention faster and more durable) without his suit,but in this battle he is going to use it. He can ko MJ just fine as CA or Bombard did withot exerting themselves."...this is the second time i am asking.

4-"You stated Maj didn't built anything in nanoseconds. I pointed out that the delay was measured in nanoseconds. Maj explained that the delay comprised of ditching the original and created a new machine. So the redesign and new model build only added a few nanoseconds to the entire process. That's exactly what you were arguing against." you are right. but ( and i don't want to sound childish) he hasn't ever build anything in a nanosecod.neeeext.

5-"You're getting defensive because I pointed out your lie of ommision." wrong,wrong,again ,and again. i have told that was just a version of the pre-flash point superman. do you get it? i believe not since this is like the 3 time.i have posted that scan to show that mj can be ko with a single punch and not with just a single blast. that wasn't the same superman maybe but he doesn't seeme as strong as superboy prime. if superboy prime manages to put a clear punch right into mj's face the fight can be pretty much over.

6- somethimes i spend some time thinking why in the hell i am going to respond to every single bulsh#t that somebody may say, cause there can't be a discussion with someone that refuses to...i don't know,deny the reality?

however..(uufff).. in that story arc there was JUST a type of vedettes,they ALL looked identical both on eart or space,they all shot the same green rays, and there wasn't a SINGLE mention or STATEMENT of more types of vedettes at all. but of course the vedettes that were shooting to the Eradicator, weren't the like the ones who were shooting the same beams to Mj or Bombard,right? and you are basing this assumption on what? oh yes on this:"The Earth beams give off a green vapor and green explosions. The space beams create red explosions and no vapors." if you really want a silly explanation is maybe because those beam are hitting some cars insted of a stellar rig and they create some vapors because they are shooted in the air instead of the space....still they have hit the Eradicator and the light effect was the same of Bombard...but i really don't want to descend on your plan anymore. here you are the scans.

(then someone before has stated that those beams/projectiles weren't the same since they didn't levelled the city. but somehow the beams that have hit Bombard were the same ones that trashed the rig..even if they hadn't destroyed the landscape.nice theory...but stupid indeed. still to me the force of those beam,even if it is clearly told to be 1000 stronger than a nuke,doesn't seem impressive at all.)

7-"You're ignoring how Maj knows about Superman and is warrior enough to just cut up Prime with no regrets. You want to bring up Maj's low showings. Fine. Then don't complain about Teen Titans either. That would be another example of a double standard." skipping the fact that Mj rarely uses his blade or that he has never defeated anyone on Sb-prime level, Sb-prime superior strenght(thanks to his suit),speed and durabilty,should overcome that problem. for shure if Mj uses his blade has got some chanche but nevertheless Sb-prime can still koing him with a blast of heat vision just fine.

however loosing to the TT ,even if many peple consider that as a pis ( i do), isn't as bad as being koed by CA (with a single blast) or by Bombard (with a single blast). Superman is massively more durable than Mj and Sb-prime is still superior to superman in all his powers, so if there is something that is capable of hurting him,that same thing can totally wreck Mj.

then i don't know how you can say that i am using the mj low showing,since he has got something like 4 scans regarding his durability and one of his best showing is to survive to the CA's blast.if you see the mj's respect thread on the internet one of these 4 scans is the one in which he survives to an exploding building..and it is still considered a nice feat for him in the absence of something else .On the other hand you are quitely assuming that mj will use ALL his ability at his maximum,even if he has used them just once in all his career ( he has moved planets once in a decade,then he is shown to struggle a little while moving a building,he has shown just once his nanosecond reaction time and after that he gets hit from anyone that he has fought with, he has taken just once a supposed planetary explosion,but later he is damaged by an exploding building ..ecc...)

however before you respond to me again,please tell to me if even you think that mj can defeat all the heralds together...at least i can decide if i will respond to you again or if i have to surrender in front of a such strong illusion.

#136 Edited by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

and prime mostly killed canon fodder and low level beings?come on man in the SCW prime was fighting superman,power girl,kilowog,john stewart and some green and yellow lanterns at the same time and prime was not just beating them,they didn't even land a punch on him and on the other side majestic was getting squashed by eradicator

"Squashed by eradicator"? Not even looking at the first time Majestic BFRd Eradicator effortlessly, when he fought Fortress Mode Eradicator (a version of him that Superman couldn't beat without Eradicator himself helping), he beat him relatively easily. He sliced through his armor and reprogrammed his mind the moment he said he'd stopped playing aruond. People get really hung up on Majestic saying that Eradicator had the power to hurt him even though that really should be no surprise to anyone. Of course a Superman level character has the power to hurt him, doesn't mean he was successful at it. Superman fights people that could potentially hurt him all the time, doesn't mean they automatically win.

@toptom: I didn't say they were answers, they were responses, since I'm able to respond to whatever I choose.

You cite another thread to claim that I can't accept Majestic losing...even though in that very thread I said Majestic would lose? Not to mention the many other times I have? And the threads I've created where I've said he would lose? And the threads where I think it's so obvious he'd lose that I don't even need to comment? Right, I can't admit it. As for the Heralds thread (since you found it so important you needed to bring it up twice) it's a fight where Majestic basically has one-sided prep against a group whose main character displays how easy it is for some advanced tech to steal or drain his powers. Majestic is a genius with prep, can stretch minutes into years, and has access to tech that would allow him to do what has already been done multiple times. There's an established way for beating heralds, I'm just saying Majestic is smart enough to figure out what people have already come up with.

Now, on this Majestic/Spartan thing, you've been stating it incorrectly since we started and I just want to clear that up. You keep suggesting that Majestic put it forth as some kind of fact (supported by calculations and agreed upon by Spartan) that he would be destroyed if he didn't go back in time. That's not the case. Spartan is the one who suggests he might die and Majestic basically says "so be it, I gotta try". It's not like it was clearly established that either he goes back in time or he is destroyed, so when he goes back in time it meant that there was no destruction. They don't know what might happen. Him going back in time AND there being massive destruction was a possible outcome. And you keep acting like it's ridiculous for Majestic to change his clothes. His clothes are basically all his gear. It's his batsuit or like black panthers costume. It's what he wears to honor his people and be ready for battle. In that very story it shows the kind of equipment he carries in it. Him deciding to properly gear up before going out to change reality is not some random side trip he's taking. And not only that, but he does THE EXACT SAME THING earlier in the comic. After escaping the Halo building he goes to his cabin for a new set of clothes. Not only is there reason for what we're suggesting, there is a precedent.

The fact that you'd say that even if you were clearly told that the explosions were 1000 times stronger than a nuke (they were actually about 100,000 times as powerful as the nuke dropped in Hiroshima) you still wouldn't be impressed says more than anything else. You simply refuse to let anything that's said mean anything since you've made up your mind.

There actually were multiple mentions of other kinds of vedettes, but since you're mind is made up about that I doubt my statement means anything so I'll move on. It really doesn't surprise me that the Vedettes could fire their weapons in a ship made of their own materials and technology without destroying it. I'd expect them going full power on Earth to be more destructive, but I wouldn't expect them to do much damage to their own super advanced tech (which they never actually shot directly anyway).

Your idea of high and low showings baffles me. Bombard downing Majestic isn't a low showing if Bombard isn't established as weak. (And it's not a low showing when Majestic turns around and trashes him and his companions.) Majestic getting downed by Captain Atom before he knows how strong he is isn't a low showing...especially when Majestic goes on to clearly show his dominance in the next two fights. Majestic having a building explode around him isn't a low feat because he doesn't get hurt by it. The only damage he sustains is his clothing, and the amount that clothing is destroyed in comics varies for effect all the time. The only durability feat you could really cite as a low showing for Majestic is possibly when he takes a nuke to the face, because he has some bandages on his head at a funeral later. But right after the explosion, no damage was shown and he comes back right away to kill the enemy. And not only was no damage shown, but you can compare that feat, not to planetary explosions, but to simple things like him getting stabbed through the throat and still talking like it's no problem and not needing any kind of bandage to cover it. Him wearing a bandage back at the character's beginnings doesn't overrule the various displays of durability where he's needed no such aid. As I mentioned, stabbed through the throat and body multiple times: no bandages. Buildings explode around him, no damage. Flying around carrying a replacement sun, no damage. Tanking a hit to the face from Maul, no damage (or even reaction). One time he wears a bandage and that's the standard of his durability? Nah son. Same goes for the strength displays. You want to lowball Majestic's strength and you use a time when he "struggled" to move a building? What was his struggle? A grunt? Not even getting into the fact that gravity wasn't working as it should and the unknown weight of the building as a result, a grunt doesn't suggest it was too heavy for him. Moving an enormous building full of people at ground level in the middle of a city requires a level of detail an accuracy. That's where I see the effort coming from if a big deal is going to be made about a grunt. Majestic moving every planet (and the Earth multiple times across multiple authors), lifting a mountain-sized space ship and taking it to space, moving a sun, crushing a pencil into diamonds, lifting a robot bigger than a skyscraper, having the highest strength class named after him... these things suggest that his normal level of strength are well beyond him having trouble with a building (or a car, as I believe you've said multiple times).

Majestic puts a sword in Prime's head and the fight is over. Have fun continuing to try to fabricate a win for Prime around that incredibly simple fact.

#137 Edited by MisterGuyMan (2031 posts) - - Show Bio

@toptom:

1. "i am going to say this for the last time: mj has aknowledged that the explosion could kill him if it couldn't send back him in time, he is a freacking genius and i don't have any reason for not believe he wasn't right..who can know his limits better than him? if right after the blast he is shown to be alive and without a scracth and with a new costume i am just supposed to think that he has succeded in doing what he cleary wanted to do: restabilizing the previous reality."You didn't even acknowledge any of the points I made. None of what you said contradicted the point I made. Maj is shown at ground zero of the blast on panel. Earth and Moon are destroyed on panel. Maj is shown to survive the blast on panel. Restabilizing reality does not contradict the fact that Maj tanked an Earth and Moon buster. Nothing in that response is even relevant to anything I said. I asked what assumptions I made. You just go off topic for no reason.

2- i haven't denied that it wasn't an explosion i have said that it wasn't JUST an explosion. neext.

So there was an explosion. Maj then survived it. The comics shows us this. Just so we're clear.

3-however that (damn) final purple aura doesn't have to be strictly a shield,what it is far more probable is that it was sending mj in his dimension,and since he was fading away from that reality he hasn't took the whole blast, so it can be considerated as "shield" just for doing that (since there isn't anything suggesting that he has took that explosion at all).

I hate to break it to you but everything you stated is an assumption. The proof for Maj tanking the explosion is right there. Maj is shown at ground zero of the blast on panel. Earth and Moon are destroyed on panel. Maj is shown to survive the blast on panel. Moreover you continue to ignore the fact that the panel, not Maj like you keep insisting, turns white after the explosion. There's no way around it and you keep ignoring this key fact. The explosion was done already. Maj survived it. Then he teleports away off panel.

"still a nuke can harm majestic for a least one day...care to deny this?or he can koed by far far far less force that his supposed planetary explosion. Sb-prime is just as strong as him (not to mention faster and more durable) without his suit,but in this battle he is going to use it. He can ko MJ just fine as CA or Bombard did withot exerting themselves."...this is the second time i am asking.

CA had Void and even then Maj stopped a bloodlusted later in the arc. Also there was no KO in that comic. I don't know why you persist on these assumptions with me. Maj also took on Bombard later on easily. I have no problem accepting that every comic character has variations in their appearances. Unlike you I understand there are high showings and low showings. You obviously fixate on low showings for characters like Maj and try to ignore low showings for others in this. Care to deny this?

So it's fair to argue that Superman can get knocked out by a gas station?

4. you are right. but ( and i don't want to sound childish) he hasn't ever build anything in a nanosecod.neeeext.

Are you lost? You had a problem with a claim I made. Here's a scan of the exact exchange:

I state he builds a prototype in seconds. Now that I prove my claim you pretend like I was claiming it was in a single nanosecond. It's not my fault you mistook the plural form for the singular. If you're going to argue over minute details then the least you can do is follow along important details like that. Maj built it in nanoseconds.

5. wrong,wrong,again ,and again. i have told that was just a version of the pre-flash point superman. do you get it? i believe not since this is like the 3 time.i have posted that scan to show that mj can be ko with a single punch and not with just a single blast. that wasn't the same superman maybe but he doesn't seeme as strong as superboy prime. if superboy prime manages to put a clear punch right into mj's face the fight can be pretty much over.

And here we have more confirmation bias. This copy of Superman was made by a reality warper. By their very name, they warp reality. He can imagine a Superman as strong or weak as he wants. That's why this scan is useless and decieving. He could have imagined cookie holding Maj down and a frying pan knocking him out. It doesn't matter. Your lie of omission is glaring in that you see an imagined copy of Superman and pass him off as Superman with all that implies. Anyone scanning this topic would have assumed it was a legitimate version of Superman from a legitimate DC universe somewhere. That's highly deceptive and I'll keep pointing it out because you think that's ok. It's not.

6. however..(uufff).. in that story arc there was JUST a type of vedettes,they ALL looked identical both on eart or space,they all shot the same green rays, and there wasn't a SINGLE mention or STATEMENT of more types of vedettes at all. but of course the vedettes that were shooting to the Eradicator, weren't the like the ones who were shooting the same beams to Mj or Bombard,right? and you are basing this assumption on what? oh yes on this:"The Earth beams give off a green vapor and green explosions. The space beams create red explosions and no vapors." if you really want a silly explanation is maybe because those beam are hitting some cars insted of a stellar rig and they create some vapors because they are shooted in the air instead of the space....still they have hit the Eradicator and the light effect was the same of Bombard...but i really don't want to descend on your plan anymore. here you are the scans.

Sorry but the assumption is yours not mine. Maj dodges beams that are 6 times faster than light because it's in the text box. My assumption is based solely on what's on the actual comic. You want to assume that everything the drones shoot must be the same beam. Ok, so prove it. Now you're upset because you have to actually prove the assumption you made. I'm sorry that my argument is based on what the comic actually states in clear language that the beams Maj dodged are 6x FTL. I'm also sorry that you can't prove that other beams that are in fact thicker than the space beams, widen over distance unlike the space beams, and create different explosion than the space beams-- I'm sorry you can't prove their speed. That's what this is. You make assumptions. You're asked to prove them. You can't so you complain. It's the same thing over and over with you. It's also possible that there's difference ordnance for space combat and planetary combat. Notice how my argument doesn't change at all even if you prove yours? The beams Maj dodged are still 6x FTL.

Even your own scans disprove you. Maj's beams were created by projectiles as stated in the comic. In your last scan we're shown almost identical green lines grab opponents like a whip. Projectiles can't grab people like a whip. Your assumption that everything that looks like a green beam is patently and provably wrong. Unless you can explain how I can grab some one with a bullet from a gun of course.

then i don't know how you can say that i am using the mj low showing,since he has got something like 4 scans regarding his durability and one of his best showing is to survive to the CA's blast.if you see the mj's respect thread on the internet one of these 4 scans is the one in which he survives to an exploding building..and it is still considered a nice feat for him in the absence of something else .On the other hand you are quitely assuming that mj will use ALL his ability at his maximum,even if he has used them just once in all his career ( he has moved planets once in a decade,then he is shown to struggle a little while moving a building,he has shown just once his nanosecond reaction time and after that he gets hit from anyone that he has fought with, he has taken just once a supposed planetary explosion,but later he is damaged by an exploding building ..ecc...)

The Maj in the picture is the version of Maj that does not give a **** about anything. He threatened to destroy another civilization to scare back an assault on Hawaii. In character this version of Maj wouldn't mess around with a Superman level opponent and he'd have to assume Prime was that at least. Likely he'd know exactly what he was dealing with from his time in mainline DC. In the same arc he realigned the axis of Earth btw so his planet moving power is still intact.

however before you respond to me again,please tell to me if even you think that mj can defeat all the heralds together...at least i can decide if i will respond to you again or if i have to surrender in front of a such strong illusion.

If you want to leave then leave. You always try to go off topic when it suits you. Anyway before I answer this how about you address the points I brought up first?

1. Maj would need a second to get a new suit and cape. This disproves your evidence regarding his pristine costume.

2. Maj is shown to survive the actual Earth and Moon explosion on panel. That's the key part. It's shown on panel.

#138 Edited by toptom (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckshot said:

"Majestic puts a sword in Prime's head and the fight is over. Have fun continuing to try to fabricate a win for Prime around that incredibly simple fact."

to bad that sb-prime can blast him away with his heat vision in order to koing him as bombard or CA have already done without fatigue.

"Squashed by eradicator"? Not even looking at the first time Majestic BFRd Eradicator effortlessly, when he fought Fortress Mode Eradicator (a version of him that Superman couldn't beat without Eradicator himself helping), he beat him relatively easily" of course that wasn't the same aromr..and you know that. but this is just another example of how you try to debate.

however i have already adressed all your points and i won't do that again.

@misterguyman said:

@toptom:

1. "You didn't even acknowledge any of the points I made. None of what you said contradicted the point I made. Maj is shown at ground zero of the blast on panel. Earth and Moon are destroyed on panel. Maj is shown to survive the blast on panel. Restabilizing reality does not contradict the fact that Maj tanked an Earth and Moon buster. Nothing in that response is even relevant to anything I said. I asked what assumptions I made. You just go off topic for no reason." if i haven't aknowledged them is because they were pointless assumptions. yes that blast has destroyed the earth..and so? if MJ HIMSELF has acknowledged that those explosion could kill him if hadrian wouldn't send back in time i am going to suppose that he hasn't took the whole blast and this is suggest by many things: mj's purple aura when every thing alse was engulfed by white light,the fact that there is no sign on the explosion on him,the new costume..

another pointless assumptions of yours is that Mj ,after the blast, has had the ime to heal and to change himself. that blast has sent mj esactly ONE YEAR in the past,exatcly in the right moment in which he was pushed into tha portal allowing to the demonites to take over the earth .this is NOT an assumption.

(here Hadrian is talking about how well he knows mj and his power levels)

(here Hadrian says that the explosion can kill kill mj and Mj agrees .)

(here Mj explains to hadrian that he wants to go back in behind of a year to save the earth from the daemonites)

these are the pages that come right after the blast.here we can see mj appaering right behind his previuos self exactly on year before,in the right moment in which he has changed the future. but let's focus on this:

this may be the simply explanation of because mj is not harmed by the explosion ..and to his new costume. That blast ( it wasn't merely an explosion but a temporal paradox) has rewritten the reality (thanks to the Void's power) erasing in the process a whole year including the blast himself.this the reason why this feat,if it is a feat at all,is massively unclear. but many people have used it without knowing anything.

2-

"So there was an explosion. Maj then survived it. The comics shows us this. Just so we're clear."

no we are half a mile far from being clear,since you are doing every thing you can to ignore everything i say....or post.

3-

"I hate to break it to you but everything you stated is an assumption. The proof for Maj tanking the explosion is right there. Maj is shown at ground zero of the blast on panel. Earth and Moon are destroyed on panel. Maj is shown to survive the blast on panel. Moreover you continue to ignore the fact that the panel, not Maj like you keep insisting, turns white after the explosion. There's no way around it and you keep ignoring this key fact. The explosion was done already. Maj survived it. Then he teleports away off panel."

-...no it is not.

-later he has explained that the blast isn't or/and won't exist.

- i have never said that mj turns white after the explosion.

"CA had Void and even then Maj stopped a bloodlusted later in the arc. Also there was no KO in that comic. I don't know why you persist on these assumptions with me. Maj also took on Bombard later on easily. I have no problem accepting that every comic character has variations in their appearances. Unlike you I understand there are high showings and low showings. You obviously fixate on low showings for characters like Maj and try to ignore low showings for others in this. Care to deny this?"

-Ca has had just an infinitesimal portion ot the void and he was NEVER stated to be stronger.

- are you dumb or what? CA has blasted mj and then he has punched him underground! then he has talked to the crowd and to a cop for something like a minute or even more. for god's sake even Buckshot,who is considered like the MJ's lawyer,aknowledges that in their first round CA has koed him. So if Captain Atom hasn't defeated mj...where the hell was him? if he wasn't koed as you stupidly and childishly say i bet that he was just sleeping a mile underground.that's the same to me if you wish.

"So it's fair to argue that Superman can get knocked out by a gas station?"

now who is the one off topic? however this poor exaple doesn't explain nothing: superman was already exhausted and wounded from the fight with dd before that blast. however Superman is still massively more durable that mj since he has actually taken explosions more powerful than a supernova or he was caugt in between 2 planets colliding..ecc..(by the way SB-prime is even beyond those feats)

Are you lost? You had a problem with a claim I made. Here's a scan of the exact exchange:

I state he builds a prototype in seconds. Now that I prove my claim you pretend like I was claiming it was in a single nanosecond. It's not my fault you mistook the plural form for the singular. If you're going to argue over minute details then the least you can do is follow along important details like that. Maj built it in nanoseconds.

...i suggest to you to reading again the same image that you have posted.

"And here we have more confirmation bias. This copy of Superman was made by a reality warper. By their very name, they warp reality. He can imagine a Superman as strong or weak as he wants. That's why this scan is useless and decieving. He could have imagined cookie holding Maj down and a frying pan knocking him out. It doesn't matter. Your lie of omission is glaring in that you see an imagined copy of Superman and pass him off as Superman with all that implies. Anyone scanning this topic would have assumed it was a legitimate version of Superman from a legitimate DC universe somewhere. That's highly deceptive and I'll keep pointing it out because you think that's ok. It's not."

again?? i mean...really? i have written that he was a version of the pre-52 superman. if somebody thinks that he was the real superman it is not my fault. besides that, if the real superman could punch mj in the same way it is highly probable that he could ko him too,since pre-52 superman has shown multiple times to able to detroy a planet with one or 2 punches.( and i have never seen mj doing that).

Sorry but the assumption is yours not mine. Maj dodges beams that are 6 times faster than light because it's in the text box. My assumption is based solely on what's on the actual comic. You want to assume that everything the drones shoot must be the same beam.you must be crazy. those beam have hit their target (the rig),plus despite every thing you say Mj is not shown to avoid anything.those vedettes weren't clever they were aiming at the rig even before that mj has set the auto evasive approach. the only one who has avoided them is the eradicator so he is the top dog here.

" I'm also sorry that you can't prove that other beams that are in fact thicker than the space beams, widen over distance unlike the space beams, and create different explosion than the space beams-- I'm sorry you can't prove their speed. That's what this is. " aaaand i am in sorry for you if you reason in this way even in your life. those were the SAME VEDETTES WITH THE SAME stupid GREEN BEAMS. if there were some stupid pitiful differences is becuse :(1) they were shooted in the air or in the space (2) because they have hit different targets made up by different materials....but nobody can't really look at a comic in this way:this is just stupid,no matter how you look at it, it detroys every single possible joy from reading a comicbook. then..... do you really pretend that for every beam the writer must say his speed? it was stated once,and the vedettes were all the same except for two different types (i was wrong on that): one type whose task is to repear(thet didn't fire anything), and some defense variants vedettes who weren't showed in action. however all of them used the same rays/projectiles. there is nothing to indicate the contrary.

" Maj's beams were created by projectiles as stated in the comic. In your last scan we're shown almost identical green lines grab opponents like a whip. Projectiles can't grab people like a whip. Your assumption that everything that looks like a green beam is patently and provably wrong. Unless you can explain how I can grab some one with a bullet from a gun of course." ...ooh god..i almsot miss buckshot..

a projectile is a projectile,and those weren't projectile BUT they were some bright ropes or tentacles if you wish. they were trying to capture bombard .

"The Maj in the picture is the version of Maj that does not give a **** about anything. He threatened to destroy another civilization to scare back an assault on Hawaii. In character this version of Maj wouldn't mess around with a Superman level opponent and he'd have to assume Prime was that at least. Likely he'd know exactly what he was dealing with from his time in mainline DC. In the same arc he realigned the axis of Earth btw so his planet moving power is still intact." that MJ is the same of the other comics. INFORM yourself before posting. however....and then?

i am getting tired of this and as usually you don't bring anything new to this discussion besides your fantasies.

#139 Edited by MisterGuyMan (2031 posts) - - Show Bio

1. if i haven't aknowledged them is because they were pointless assumptions. yes that blast has destroyed the earth..and so? if MJ HIMSELF has acknowledged that those explosion could kill him if hadrian wouldn't send back in time i am going to suppose that he hasn't took the whole blast and this is suggest by many things: mj's purple aura when every thing alse was engulfed by white light,the fact that there is no sign on the explosion on him,the new costume..

Oh look now you're going back to the purple aura argument again. So please prove it's a void shield. Can you show other similar looking void shields? Then there's the pink trees and mountain. They're void shielded too while the blast was giving off a white light. Then there's all the pink shielding in the Maj/Hadrian fight. Apparently Maj was punching through shields capable of tanking planet busters each time there was a pink light.

Once more I point out your obvious double standards. You insert a Void shield based nothing more than pink light anytime it makes Maj looks worse then you have a problem if anyone else uses that exact same logic and insert a Void shield in an actual fight where a Void shield would be useful. That's a double standard. Of course that's on top of any lack of evidence to suggest a shield in the first place. You ignore all those points. I will continue to point this out.

2. another pointless assumptions of yours is that Mj ,after the blast, has had the ime to heal and to change himself. that blast has sent mj esactly ONE YEAR in the past,exatcly in the right moment in which he was pushed into tha portal allowing to the demonites to take over the earth .this is NOT an assumption.

Ok this is silly. Exactly one year has a range of a day and can still be accurate. So a being that can recreate a prototype in nanoseconds won't be able to find a cape in one day? That makes no sense.

3. these are the pages that come right after the blast.here we can see mj appaering right behind his previuos self exactly on year before,in the right moment in which he has changed the future. but let's focus on this:

this may be the simply explanation of because mj is not harmed by the explosion ..and to his new costume. That blast ( it wasn't merely an explosion but a temporal paradox) has rewritten the reality (thanks to the Void's power) erasing in the process a whole year including the blast himself.this the reason why this feat,if it is a feat at all,is massively unclear. but many people have used it without knowing anything.

What's your point? It WAS an explosion. Maj WAS at ground zero. Mad DID survive. The feat is clear at this point. Only you have a problem with it. We see Maj. We see the explosion. We see Maj survive. We see the feat in it's entirety. You're going into irrelevant tangents mentioning temporal paradoxes for no reason. What does the temporal paradox change? Does it remove Maj from the blast? No. Does it make the explosion any weaker? No. You mention it for no reason with no explanation.

4. no we are half a mile far from being clear,since you are doing every thing you can to ignore everything i say....or post.

Name anything I've ignored. I will address it. Was there an explosion shown on panel? Did Maj survive it? How big was the explosion? After you answer those questions then you can explain your evidence. Once you do that, since I know what you're going to say, I will point out the assumptions you made and explain why they're unwarranted.

5. -...no it is not.

-later he has explained that the blast isn't or/and won't exist.

- i have never said that mj turns white after the explosion.

That's exactly the paradox he prevented. I like how you always imply no one else read the comic but you can't follow the story yourself. Did you read it in all honesty? He blows up the planet to go back in time. Once he goes back in time he prevents the Daemonite invasion. Once he prevents the invasion he doesn't have to go back in time anymore and doesn't have to blow up Earth.

You were insisting that Maj was fading from existence. I assumed you meant the white light to imply that he was shifting dimensions. Ok, so we both agree that Maj wasn't fading to white or anything of the sort. So now we're back at square one. Where's your proof that Maj was already fading from existence when the explosion occurred? That's what this is all about. You want to imply that Maj faded to existence prior to the blast. I'm asking for the proof. The panels show us the exolosion finish. Then we see Maj still floating there in empty space. Where is the fading from reality there

-Ca has had just an infinitesimal portion ot the void and he was NEVER stated to be stronger.

That's what the Void entity does though. If you have Void inside you, you automatically gain extra powers.

- are you dumb or what? CA has blasted mj and then he has punched him underground! then he has talked to the crowd and to a cop for something like a minute or even more. for god's sake even Buckshot,who is considered like the MJ's lawyer,aknowledges that in their first round CA has koed him. So if Captain Atom hasn't defeated mj...where the hell was him? if he wasn't koed as you stupidly and childishly say i bet that he was just sleeping a mile underground.that's the same to me if you wish.

Keep it simple. I want proof of a KOed Maj. Maj get punched into the ground. At that point everything is speculation. Personally if I were Maj I'd try to figure out why Captain Atom, a being from another universe was in my reality. I'd avoid the fight altogether with a known hero then come back when I knew what the hell was going on. Of course in your world, only your interpretation is the only possible one. I don't care what you think of mine though whereas you are citing yours as proof. So again, where's your proof?

...i suggest to you to reading again the same image that you have posted.

I suggest you read it again too. Maj says he was a few nanoseconds overdue. The delay was from scrapping the original and starting over.

again?? i mean...really? i have written that he was a version of the pre-52 superman. if somebody thinks that he was the real superman it is not my fault. besides that, if the real superman could punch mj in the same way it is highly probable that he could ko him too,since pre-52 superman has shown multiple times to able to detroy a planet with one or 2 punches.( and i have never seen mj doing that).

Factually he was not a version of Superman. The Superman of the Wildstorm is actually Majestic. So what universe is the Superman you're citing from? Which of the various DC universes? What you're saying basically is that anyone who looks like Superman and appears to have a similar powerset is in fact a valid version of Superman. In that case Super Skrull is a version of the Fantastic Four. Mystique is a version of whoever she's copying. Your logic is deceitful and intentionally misleading.

Furthermore you can't even answer the simple question of what that scan was supposed to prove. Maj was knocked out by two constructs of a reality warper. Superman has nothing to do with it.

ou must be crazy. those beam have hit their target (the rig),plus despite every thing you say Mj is not shown to avoid anything.those vedettes weren't clever they were aiming at the rig even before that mj has set the auto evasive approach. the only one who has avoided them is the eradicator so he is the top dog here.

Haha first prove the speed Eradicator's beams were going. I keep asking for proof. You keep avoiding it. Then we can get into some semantics since you really want to for some reason:

a·void - 1. To stay clear of; shun. See Synonyms at escape.2. To keep from happening: avoid illness with rest and a balanced diet.

So there's the definition. Did Maj 'steal clear of' the beams? Did he 'keep from happening' a hit with the beams? Fairly straightforward question. First though I'd like proof that Eradicator's beams were going at the speed you imply they were.

" aaaand i am in sorry for you if you reason in this way even in your life. those were the SAME VEDETTES WITH THE SAME stupid GREEN BEAMS. if there were some stupid pitiful differences is becuse :(1) they were shooted in the air or in the space (2) because they have hit different targets made up by different materials....but nobody can't really look at a comic in this way:this is just stupid,no matter how you look at it, it detroys every single possible joy from reading a comicbook. then..... do you really pretend that for every beam the writer must say his speed? it was stated once,and the vedettes were all the same except for two different types (i was wrong on that): one type whose task is to repear(thet didn't fire anything), and some defense variants vedettes who weren't showed in action. however all of them used the same rays/projectiles. there is nothing to indicate the contrary.

I'm sorry you can't accept the burden of proof. The ONLY reason we assume the space beams are FTL is that they are stated to be projectiles going FTL. That's it. If you want to assume other beams are the same the the burden of proof is on you. You keep insisting without any proof and after I point out minor differences in size and color. Moreover you again ignore how apparently the same beams can catch and hold some one down. Did you forget that the space beams were stated to be projectiles? How does a a projectile act like a whip and hold some one down? You're patently ignoring anything that doesn't suit you. There's actual evidence that the beams are different and no evidence that they are the same.

This is exactly the type of nonsense that you continue to perpetuate. You make a claim. You fail to provide proof. You complain that you're asked for proof. Then I often provide evidence that contradicts you. Then you continue to act like some sort of victim. I'm sorry you don't have proof as much as I'm sorry there are obvious holes in your theory. But you need to get over it and provide evidence or move on.

a projectile is a projectile,and those weren't projectile BUT they were some bright ropes or tentacles if you wish. they were trying to capture bombard .

That's exactly the point. One green beam is a projectile. Another green beam is a rope. According to you they're supposedly the same identical green beam but they're acting like ropes in one panel and are stated to be projectiles in another. If I'm not being clear, then I'll state it bluntly. Projectiles cannot act like ropes. Therefore your baseless theory that all the green beams are the same is proven wrong.

that MJ is the same of the other comics. INFORM yourself before posting. however....and then? i am getting tired of this and as usually you don't bring anything new to this discussion besides your fantasies.

Uhh I bet you didn't know Maj in the picture was being mentally manipulated to be more ruthless and cunning. He was literally turned into the villain for a portion of the arc. Are you not aware of this? Are you not informed of this? And it's also arguable that it's the same Maj. Aren't you aware that there was a soft reboot of the Wildstorm universe prior to World's End? I like how you keep acting arrogant but blatantly show that you don't know the major arcs. So do you admit now that you need to INFORM (nice touch with the caps. So very original -_-) yourself before posting? Hopefully you sense the sarcasm.

Moreover I would get tired of posting too if some one kept pointing out the flaws in my arguments. I'm also calling you out. Please explain what my fantasies are. Explian which assumptions I've made. I can elaborate the numerous ones you've made entire arguments out of with little to no evidence. You complain to me like I'm the one making fantasies. Ok, so prove it. I can prove yours and enumerate the examples. Can you?

#140 Edited by toptom (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterguyman said:

ok...i am not going to repeat every thing that i have said again.it is clear that you have done your mind. i will treat only these points.

"Ok this is silly. Exactly one year has a range of a day and can still be accurate. So a being that can recreate a prototype in nanoseconds won't be able to find a cape in one day? That makes no sense."

what makes no sense is the fact that you pretend that he went back in time of a year AND a DAY. i suppose that inventing this day can help on your point. still there wasn't any trip to earth in the comics.

That's exactly the paradox he prevented. I like how you always imply no one else read the comic but you can't follow the story yourself. Did you read it in all honesty? He blows up the planet to go back in time. Once he goes back in time he prevents the Daemonite invasion. Once he prevents the invasion he doesn't have to go back in time anymore and doesn't have to blow up Earth.

once he has gone back in time,all the the things tha could happen,the void with hadrian the Daemonites's conquest and that explosions were erased. it is like they didn' happen at all. that is actually was written in the comic. still even if that blast actually happened mj has stated that it was powerful enough to kill him,so if he is alive isn't thanks to his durability. however you are still ignoring the fact that a nuke can harm MJ for a prolonged time,and i am pointing this out for the 4 time. (uuffffffhhh)

That's what the Void entity does though. If you have Void inside you, you automatically gain extra powers.

too bad that : 1, he hasn't had any extra powers,2 he had just an infinitesimal part of it and not the whole thing, 3 still,despite every thing you say he wasn't stated to be stronger or more powerfull during the whole arc.care to deny?

Keep it simple. I want proof of a KOed Maj. Maj get punched into the ground. At that point everything is speculation. Personally if I were Maj I'd try to figure out why Captain Atom, a being from another universe was in my reality. I'd avoid the fight altogether with a known hero then come back when I knew what the hell was going on. Of course in your world, only your interpretation is the only possible one. I don't care what you think of mine though whereas you are citing yours as proof. So again, where's your proof?

i can't keep it simple if you are pretending to act like a retard. even buckshot(together with the rest of the world) recognizes that he was defeated by him. we haven't a picture of him uncounscious because he was first kneeling and then he was punched underground ..and he hasn't returned in something like minutes.i won't talk about this crap anymore . if you don't WANT to akwnowledge this,there anything in the world that can do that for you. however this is sad...do you know that?

"Haha first prove the speed Eradicator's beams were going. I keep asking for proof. You keep avoiding it. Then we can get into some semantics since you really want to for some reason:

So there's the definition. Did Maj 'steal clear of' the beams? Did he 'keep from happening' a hit with the beams? Fairly straightforward question. First though I'd like proof that Eradicator's beams were going at the speed you imply they were.

I'm sorry you can't accept the burden of proof. The ONLY reason we assume the space beams are FTL is that they are stated to be projectiles going FTL. That's it. If you want to assume other beams are the same the the burden of proof is on you. You keep insisting without any proof and after I point out minor differences in size and color. Moreover you again ignore how apparently the same beams can catch and hold some one down. Did you forget that the space beams were stated to be projectiles? How does a a projectile act like a whip and hold some one down? You're patently ignoring anything that doesn't suit you. There's actual evidence that the beams are different and no evidence that they are the same."

"That's exactly the point. One green beam is a projectile. Another green beam is a rope. According to you they're supposedly the same identical green beam but they're acting like ropes in one panel and are stated to be projectiles in another. If I'm not being clear, then I'll state it bluntly. Projectiles cannot act like ropes. Therefore your baseless theory that all the green beams are the same is proven wrong."

this is the way in which people like you or buckshot try to debat. i say try since this isn't debeating at all.

you somehow pretend that those beams that have hit Mj were the only ones that were so fast or so powerfull, because it was written on panel (nothing against this)

but somehow the same green beams shooted by the same vedettes against the Eradicator weren't just as fast or powerfull. like if for every beam the writer has to tell you the speed the destructive force,ecc..

but somehow (again ) the reays/projectyiles that have hit bombard were as powerful as the mj'ones..even if it wasn' written.

you have tryed to explain this with something like: thoese beams are emitting "vapours"...or they hadn't levelled the city.pitiful.even in the panel where those beams destroy mj's rig there wasn't an explosion that can let me think to a 10.000 nuclear bombs's explosion,actually there wasn't any explosion. however SOMEHOW it has to be an explosion in the city...in order to prove your point.

it is not finished yet...sadly.still alaways SOMEHOW the beams that have hit bombard were powerful as multiples nuclear explosions even if they didn't create the smallest explosion.however you have tryed to explain this with another incredible silly explanation such has: they have shooted them inside the ship that was made of alien materials or that they were just ropes.those ship's material were showed to be susceptible to damages,but skipping that simple fact,the vedettes have attacked bombard while he was upon some ice(there was ice everywhere in tha place of the ship) but those rays didn't affected it in any way. but now i suppose that somebody will try to tell that the ice was "alien ice" or something like that... now this would not surprise me either.then regarding the "ropes": first the vedettes have shooted to him and then they have used the ropes.

(so the first beam are extremely powerful,the second beams aren't but the 3 beam are again that powerful without any reason except helping you to prove your point....big deal! ;) )

in the end you pretend many silly impossible explanation to recognize that a given character had done or not something but when it is usefull to you you don't need any proof. somehow..this is pitiful.

however ,beisides that fact tha it is pointless debating about those rays with you... it is even pointless saying that mj can dodge those beams since : he gets tagged by every single foe he fights against ( and among them, even the few ones who have got super speed, haven't shown to be faster than light at all),and this is NOT even an exaggeration. Sb-prime can punch him as maul or every one else has already done,and can blast him just like CA or bombard did... (i am saying this again) without fatigue.

Uhh I bet you didn't know Maj in the picture was being mentally manipulated to be more ruthless and cunning. He was literally turned into the villain for a portion of the arc. Are you not aware of this? Are you not informed of this? And it's also arguable that it's the same Maj. Aren't you aware that there was a soft reboot of the Wildstorm universe prior to World's End? I like how you keep acting arrogant but blatantly show that you don't know the major arcs. So do you admit now that you need to INFORM (nice touch with the caps. So very original -_-) yourself before posting? Hopefully you sense the sarcasm.

and so you fail again fot 2 reason: i know that he was manipulated and mainly this is not usefull to this debate.

#141 Edited by MisterGuyMan (2031 posts) - - Show Bio

@toptom:

1. what makes no sense is the fact that you pretend that he went back in time of a year AND a DAY. i suppose that inventing this day can help on your point. still there wasn't any trip to earth in the comics.

Are your purposely being this obtuse? Saying something happens a year from now gives a 24 hour window to when it happens. Saying 25 years ago I was born means that sometime during May 3, 1988 I was born. I am not saying specifically that I was born on May 3, 1988 at exactly 7:46 am and 33 seconds. That's stupid. That's what you're saying. You're pretending like you can decipher the exact hour, second and millisecond from the term 'a year from now' which is honestly dumb. When people ask your age do you tell them your age in years, months, days, hours, minutes and seconds? So if you don't do that why do you expect everyone else too? That's blatant double standards AGAIN.

Maj says something happens a year from now. Now you're saying he teleports exactly to the second a year from the event. That vague reference of a year gives enough time to get a new cape or drink coffee take a dump or do anything else he wants to do. That's how normal people use that phrase in everyday language A year ago today I had a birthday party at work. Everyone gets what I'm saying. You're the guy that comes in and says that's impossible because at work they celebrate at noon and a year ago today is only 7:55. That's your argument. No one talks like that.

Even worse Maj is a confirmed light speedster. So EVEN if you're right it would take him less than a second to get a new cape and still come back in time to destroy the portal. How about that? On several levels your cape argument makes no sense.

2. once he has gone back in time,all the the things tha could happen,the void with hadrian the Daemonites's conquest and that explosions were erased. it is like they didn' happen at all. that is actually was written in the comic. still even if that blast actually happened mj has stated that it was powerful enough to kill him,so if he is alive isn't thanks to his durability. however you are still ignoring the fact that a nuke can harm MJ for a prolonged time,and i am pointing this out for the 4 time. (uuffffffhhh)

Are you new to comics? Are you JUST NOW realizing that comic characters have different showings? Did Superman getting knocked out by a gas station not make my point? If you have a hard time with this concept then this board isn't for you.

Moreover are you admitting that you're using the term paradox in this discussion was completely meaningless? I'm still waiting for an answer to that. You stated that the explosion wasn't merely an explosion but a paradox. I'm waiting for your explanation for why that has any bearing at all. What does the paradox thing do ANYTHING to the feat we're talking about? I'm waiting. You sidestepped the entire question pretty obviously. So please answer that.

3. a projectile is a projectile,and those weren't projectile BUT they were some bright ropes or tentacles if you wish. they were trying to capture bombard .

Exactly but according to you they all look like identical green beams so they must be the same. Do you finally accept that your 'all green beams must be the same' theory makes no sense? The Green whips look exactly like the green beams. Oh but somehow you like to ignore that. Looking the same is only evidence when YOU want it to but when I use it as evidence, you ignore it.

This completely destroys your 'evidence' that they're the same just because they look the same. Projectiles cannot act like whips.

4. you somehow pretend that those beams that have hit Mj were the only ones that were so fast or so powerfull, because it was written on panel (nothing against this)....you have tryed to explain this with something like: thoese beams are emitting "vapours"...or they hadn't levelled the city.pitiful.even in the panel where those beams destroy mj's rig there wasn't an explosion that can let me think to a 10.000 nuclear bombs's explosion,actually there wasn't any explosion. however SOMEHOW it has to be an explosion in the city...in order to prove your point.

Haha and here is the glaring flaw in your argument. PROVE that they were the same beam. You whine and whine but the fact of the matter is that you haven't proven anything so that's why I don't have to do anything. I'm humoring you which is more than I have to do at this point. Please provide the evidence that they're the same beam. I want proof. Having you state the same thing a lot of time is not proof.

Out of curiousity I even opened up paint to see if they even looked the same. Surprisingly, they didn't. I used the simple color drop function from basic paint to see what colors each beam was.

So apparently even your "They must be the same beam because they look the same" argument has no basis either. They don't even look the same. Now I'm waiting for your proof why they're the same. I'll even state it a third time because you always avoid the burden of proof when it suits you. PLEASE PROVE THAT THEY ARE THE SAME BEAMS. I'm waiting. The next time I ask will be the fourth time or so I asked.

5. and so you fail again fot 2 reason: i know that he was manipulated and mainly this is not usefull to this debate.

Are you lost? Here's how this argument went and I'm using exact quotes:

Me: You're ignoring how Maj knows about Superman and is warrior enough to just cut up Prime with no regrets.

You: On the other hand you are quitely assuming that mj will use ALL his ability at his maximum,even if he has used them just once in all his career.

Me: "The Maj in the picture is the version of Maj that does not give a **** about anything.

You: that MJ is the same of the other comics. INFORM yourself before posting. however....and then?

Me: Uhh I bet you didn't know Maj in the picture was being mentally manipulated to be more ruthless and cunning. He was literally turned into the villain for a portion of the arc.

You: and so you fail again fot 2 reason: i know that he was manipulated and mainly this is not usefull to this debate.

So I ask again. Are you lost? The above are taken from the same exact exchanges. You can find them yourself. Your mode of operation is to go into ever tangent side arguments and hope that your opponent loses track of the original argument. I'm sorry but that doesn't work on me. I proved my point that Maj has no qualms about slicing up Prime because he's a villain in the picture posted. Then following the same argument you admit that you don't even know why we're arguing this in the first place. Is that on purpose or not? You literally got lost and tried to pretend I was arguing over something irrelevant. Either that or you're purposefully trying to ignore another point where you're proven wrong. Either one would fit your argument style. I wonder if you will concede this point gracefully even when I have this evidence to prove you getting lost or just ignore it as is your style.

#142 Posted by PowerWoman (3334 posts) - - Show Bio

mr majestic,He took six months to move earth and over a year to move other three planets.It was just four planets and it took him years to do that.just all,He only moved Earth, Venus, Mercury and Mars. It was also done in a time span of years

he was stronger than pre-52 superman for sure,but he isnt as powerful as superman-prime,who just can take a big bang(Has been confirmed)superman-prime was a Bronze ago Superman,only SA superman/SA supergirl can easily beat him

also,I dont think kal kent can take a big bang

#143 Edited by SirMethos (1321 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy-Prime has more raw power than Majestros. But raw power alone does not necessarily win a fight.

Majestros' far superior skills, combat experience, intelligence, along with his general mindset, is more than enough to bridge the gap in raw power.

#144 Posted by PowerWoman (3334 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirmethos: superboy-prime can match mr majestic,but superman-prime just Bronze ago Superman,a BA superman can take a big bang,though not as powerful as SA supmerman(who absolute invulnerability)

#145 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

mr majestic,He took six months to move earth and over a year to move other three planets.It was just four planets and it took him years to do that.just all,He only moved Earth, Venus, Mercury and Mars. It was also done in a time span of years

he was stronger than pre-52 superman for sure,but he isnt as powerful as superman-prime,who just can take a big bang(Has been confirmed)superman-prime was a Bronze ago Superman,only SA superman/SA supergirl can easily beat him

Majestic took more time because he was trying to hide what he was doing from everyone on Earth (except for the scientists that were in on it) and because he was also doing other things at the time (like coming up with various systems to compensate for the changes he was making and flying to other parts of the solar system to get other celestial bodies). It was written to seem scientific and plausible so it took a lot longer than just throwing planets around since he had a very deliberate plan. Additionally, there's no indication I recall suggesting that moving individual planets took large stretches of time, just that the whole process took a long time, including time between steps. Also, it's clearly stated a few issues later that he moved all 9 planets, not just the moon and planets shown in issue 1. So Prime's highest quantifiable strength feat, moving a planet, has been performed by Majestic as well, and actually far more often by Majestic. And if you consider that he also moved Jupiter, it's an even more impressive feat than moving a planet with the mass of Earth.

#146 Edited by RudeBomberBoy01 (1662 posts) - - Show Bio

Has there ever been a thread where people actually came to a conclusion? And not just endless arguments? I've never seen it happen before.

OT: I'm siding with Majestic.

#147 Posted by toptom (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

@toptom:

"Even worse Maj is a confirmed light speedster. So EVEN if you're right it would take him less than a second to get a new cape and still come back in time to destroy the portal. How about that? On several levels your cape argument makes no sense."

this portal was 9 parsec far from the earth so it wasn't exactly close even for a guy who is ftl. however what we see is mj appearing in THAT moment in THAT place in the page that comes right after the explosion. so everything you are saying about mj drinking a coffee hasn't happened and wasn't showed... but it is hapend somehow in your head. that's strange.(and that's sad)

however ...what do you say about mj agreeing with Hadrain that the explosion would have killed him if hadrian couldn't send back him in time?care to deny this? mj ,before stabbing him has took his canches and he was lucky.

during the blast mj was surrounded by the void's purple aura,and even the mj's clothes weren't damaged by the blast(the same clothes that in the same story arc with the same illustrator) have been damaged by much less ( even a normal daemonite without a host could damage his costume).

mj's survival (both to his body and even to his clothes) is due to the Void,and i can say this thanks to the aura that surrounded mj during the blast. ( however , just for your information,when mj has fought with spartan,hadrian wasn't shielded by any aura).

so in the end i know that you will say again: but there was an explosion and the earth was destroyed,but that was the same explosion which mj aknowledged that he couldn't survive to.so since the void was involved with the clear intent to send mj back in time (saving him) , i won't call this a feat.

Are you new to comics? Are you JUST NOW realizing that comic characters have different showings? Did Superman getting knocked out by a gas station not make my point? If you have a hard time with this concept then this board isn't for you.

i can make you the same question. the character have different showings ,no doubt abot that,but they happen usually in different arcs with different writers. mj's costume is showed to be easily susceptible to damages in this same story arc. it is just strange thath a planetary explosion wouldn't harm him or mj.( thanks to the void of course).

i have told you already why your example is a poor one, i won't do that again.

Moreover are you admitting that you're using the term paradox in this discussion was completely meaningless? I'm still waiting for an answer to that. You stated that the explosion wasn't merely an explosion but a paradox. I'm waiting for your explanation for why that has any bearing at all. What does the paradox thing do ANYTHING to the feat we're talking about? I'm waiting. You sidestepped the entire question pretty obviously. So please answer that.

it was a paradox 'cause tha explosion has erased that time line,that universe and so has erased even itself:that is because i called it a paradox ,and has done all this stuff in the same moment in which it was kicked off. so while mj has taken that blast,the same blast was already erasing itself together with the rest.PARADOX.

Exactly but according to you they all look like identical green beams so they must be the same. Do you finally accept that your 'all green beams must be the same' theory makes no sense? The Green whips look exactly like the green beams. Oh but somehow you like to ignore that. Looking the same is only evidence when YOU want it to but when I use it as evidence, you ignore it.

This completely destroys your 'evidence' that they're the same just because they look the same. Projectiles cannot act like whips.

you must be born with half a brain...and i am making you a compliment.

i have told thatall the beam are the same and not that all the green stuff were the same.i haven't told that the beams were like the ropes...since..you know.. those ropes weren't beams! at least try to look smart...

"Haha and here is the glaring flaw in your argument. PROVE that they were the same beam. You whine and whine but the fact of the matter is that you haven't proven anything so that's why I don't have to do anything. I'm humoring you which is more than I have to do at this point. Please provide the evidence that they're the same beam. I want proof. Having you state the same thing a lot of time is not proof.

Out of curiousity I even opened up paint to see if they even looked the same. Surprisingly, they didn't. I used the simple color drop function from basic paint to see what colors each beam was.

So apparently even your "They must be the same beam because they look the same" argument has no basis either. They don't even look the same. Now I'm waiting for your proof why they're the same. I'll even state it a third time because you always avoid the burden of proof when it suits you. PLEASE PROVE THAT THEY ARE THE SAME BEAMS. I'm waiting. The next time I ask will be the fourth time or so I asked."

this is the most pitiful and embarassing thing that i haver seen on CV...congratulations you have won a prize!

still besides all your garbage, the vedettes were all the same except for 2 types who hasn't fired anything. respond to me the day that you have accepted this fact.but you want a proof. if there is not a proof it doesn't mean that it is not true. when the ship has used different types of vdetess it was told on panel. but it wasn't told in this cases.

So I ask again. Are you lost? The above are taken from the same exact exchanges. You can find them yourself. Your mode of operation is to go into ever tangent side arguments and hope that your opponent loses track of the original argument. I'm sorry but that doesn't work on me. I proved my point that Maj has no qualms about slicing up Prime because he's a villain in the picture posted. Then following the same argument you admit that you don't even know why we're arguing this in the first place. Is that on purpose or not? You literally got lost and tried to pretend I was arguing over something irrelevant. Either that or you're purposefully trying to ignore another point where you're proven wrong. Either one would fit your argument style. I wonder if you will concede this point gracefully even when I have this evidence to prove you getting lost or just ignore it as is your style.

it is not important that mj (that version of mj) was manipulated,since here we are using that version of him without any external interference.

however this mj,with this costume, is not using a sword in this fight since it is not specified and since THIS costume has not a secret place for the sword.

try to recover a bit of common sense.

#148 Posted by PowerWoman (3334 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckshot said:

@powerwoman said:

Majestic took more time because he was trying to hide what he was doing from everyone on Earth (except for the scientists that were in on it) and because he was also doing other things at the time (like coming up with various systems to compensate for the changes he was making and flying to other parts of the solar system to get other celestial bodies). It was written to seem scientific and plausible so it took a lot longer than just throwing planets around since he had a very deliberate plan. Additionally, there's no indication I recall suggesting that moving individual planets took large stretches of time, just that the whole process took a long time, including time between steps. Also, it's clearly stated a few issues later that he moved all 9 planets, not just the moon and planets shown in issue 1. So Prime's highest quantifiable strength feat, moving a planet, has been performed by Majestic as well, and actually far more often by Majestic. And if you consider that he also moved Jupiter, it's an even more impressive feat than moving a planet with the mass of Earth.

Ok,show me majestic move jupiter,unless you can scan this,just let me see,because majestic never move jupiter

#149 Posted by MonsterStomp (16120 posts) - - Show Bio

Majestic in a decent fight actually.

#150 Posted by PowerWoman (3334 posts) - - Show Bio

who can scan majestic move jupiter?

I never see it,if you can scan this feats,i can agree he maybe can match superboy-prime,but even he can,superman-prime one shotted him,i dont think even kal kent can took a big bang,only SA superman/supergirl can beat superman-prime with easily