Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#51  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@Static Shock:  Saying you're going to beat someone doesn't mean you're going all out to do it.
Danilo018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Danilo018

Ok I see some serious down-grading of Sentry here. First Sentry has displayed physical might on par (if not greater) than Superman. Also did Mr. Majestic. Both Sentry and Majestic displayed greater speed than Post Crisis Superman. Sentry flyed from Earth to Sun almost instantly, while majestic traveled from Earth to the opposite part of Milky Way and back in 1 year.  Sentry on the other hand has vast psionic power and molecular manipulation. So after a long and brutal fight Sentry takes this one, and I SAY SO BECAUSE THIS IS A BATTLE, PRESUMING LIKE THE REAL ONE AND NOT SOME STUPID WRITTEN PLOT. IN REAL BATTLE EVERY COMBATANT USES EVERYTHING HE HAS. SENTRY HAS THE MORE THAN BOTH OF THEM. But nor Majestic or Supes fall down easily. Current Sentry (merged with Void) takes it easily.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By Static Shock  Online
@Buckshot: Maybe so, but it's not like Majestic wasn't serious, when his dialogue implied that he was. I can't exactly prove he was using his full strength, but he would have to be using a considerable amount of it.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Static Shock  Online
@Danilo018 said:

" First Sentry has displayed physical might on par (if not greater) than Superman

Really? Then explain this.

No Caption Provided

Ms. Marvel and the others help Sentry stop it in the next pages.
 Ms. Marvel and the others help Sentry stop it in the next pages.

Superman has handled heavier things than the Helicarrier.
Danilo018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Danilo018
@Static Shock:
thing called PIS, and if I remember correctly he had very bad mental problems during that issue
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Static Shock  Online
@Danilo018: Doesn't look like PIS. Bendis wrote it. The same guy that thinks Sentry can manipulate molecules is the same guy that he thought wasn't strong enough to stop the Helicarrier. Besides, Sentry always has mental problems. On top of that, Sentry has never done anything on par with Superman. I've seen Superman consistently survive planet-leveling explosions and lift things that weighed billions of tons, as well as pulling a third of the Earth's weight.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@Static Shock said:
" @Buckshot: Maybe so, but it's not like Majestic wasn't serious, when his dialogue implied that he was. I can't exactly prove he was using his full strength, but he would have to be using a considerable amount of it. "
I don't deny he was serious, I just don't think he was going all out considering that if he were, he'd be capable of dropping planet shattering blows  (even before putting his speed behind the punch and following it up with hundreds, maybe thousands more before Atom could react) and Atom probably wouldn't have been worrying about how strong Superman punches while that was happening. Majestic is stronger than Apollo an Maul but Atom had much different reactions to both of them. With Apollo he was pretty confident that the man wanted to kill him (something I don't think he said about Majestic, who wasn't shown going at him as fiercely) and with Maul he was experiencing enough pain that he couldn't think straight for a little while. If Majestic was actually going all out, it would be more like a mix of those reactions and then some. In my opinion anyway, but it's entirely possible that I'm reading too much into things.

@Danilo018:
The sentry of much of this thread is not the sentry we've seen recently since this thread was made at least 2 years ago. I'm pretty sure there was a thread with Siege Sentry vs Majestic relatively recently so that might reflect your thoughts on it better. (I think I still backed Majestic though, but you'd have to read it.)
D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By D3athstroke

Guy with power of 1 000 000 Suns 

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Static Shock  Online
@D3athstroke said:
" Guy with power of 1 000 000 Suns  "
Sentry isn't that powerful, and has never shown to be as such.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Static Shock  Online
@Buckshot said:

"I don't deny he was serious, I just don't think he was going all out considering that if he were, he'd be capable of dropping planet shattering blows  (even before putting his speed behind the punch and following it up with hundreds, maybe thousands more before Atom could react) and Atom probably wouldn't have been worrying about how strong Superman punches while that was happening. Majestic is stronger than Apollo an Maul but Atom had much different reactions to both of them. With Apollo he was pretty confident that the man wanted to kill him (something I don't think he said about Majestic, who wasn't shown going at him as fiercely) and with Maul he was experiencing enough pain that he couldn't think straight for a little while. If Majestic was actually going all out, it would be more like a mix of those reactions and then some. In my opinion anyway, but it's entirely possible that I'm reading too much into things. 

Makes sense. He reacted differently with Apollo because of the information his gained on him, and even though he was very capable of going punch for punch with Apollo, he didn't because he knew how to beat him in a more effective manner. Maul, even though he was able to hit Atom repeatedly to the point where he had difficult thinking of a way to take him, was a victim of the same thing. But, it's all based on how the reader sees it.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@Static Shock:
I know he reacted differently to them (had different tactics) because of the info, but I'm saying he reacted to them (Apollo: knew he would kill him and that wasn't because of info, Maul: couldn't think straight) in a way he should have reacted to Majestic if he were actually trying to kill him. Since he didn't (and because of other reasons already stated) I think it's pretty clear Majestic wasn't trying to kill him, but I think we're past that now. 
drkhwk2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By drkhwk2001

Majestros

comikazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By comikazi

While I am not saying that Sentry will win this, I was surprised to see how he has not been considered as a plausible contender. I know that he has been quite unstable, both mentally as well as in showing off his powers. As pointed earlier, he is shown straining himself stopping a "mere" helicarrier, while elsewhere he is shown  easily  stopping terrax's planet shattering axe with a single hand, without even battling his eyelids.

Some of his achievements:
- Stops Terrax without flinching
- Spidey reflects that he had once fought Galactus to a standstill (no onpanel proof provided though) 
- Generally considered super-uber by almost all in Marvel world. Too many instances where other characters are caught awe-struck or jaw-dropped when he is around doing his crazy shit
- Overloads Absorbing man who tries to absorb his power (AB Man had absorbed Asgard without too much trouble and challenged Odin)
- Gets the upper hand fighting The Collective who was cumulative powers of all depowered during HoM (Collectived had to BFR him in the end) 
- Rips Ares into two, as if he were a mere mortal. We are talking a God of war here. IMO Marvel Ares = DC Black Adam and is not too low in the strength category
- Matches Mad WWH. In fact all through their fight it was WWH who was shown straining, while Sentry, unstable that he is, was just talking to himself reflecting on his personality.  WWH seemed to reason with Sentry first, almost reluctant to fight him, because he knows it would be a tough one. In the end it was not WWH who defeated sentry. Its Bruce who knocked Bob unconscious.  The fact that Hulk was not able to beat a character in his own title says something.
- Finally, Sentry discovers that he has all the powers of Molecule Man - just that he is still not experienced enough to use them as well as MM. MM's powers is almost close to omnipotent.

Again, just wanted to point out that Sentry isn't that outmatched here as it seems. If he weren't as unstable as he is, and instead used his abilities with the warrior sense that Majestic has or the focused determination that Superman has, then he is quite a match for either.

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By emperorznb

BUMP

subzeroprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers