Mr Majestic vs Odin

• 124 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By willpayton

Majestic with Creation Blades

No Caption Provided

vs

Odin

No Caption Provided

Who wins?

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Odin

SkyRobo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SkyRobo1

Not that familiar with Majestic and his creation blade - What does it do?

Nevermind googled it - I'd like to say Odin but if this creation blade can indeed cut through anything and can disabled the powers of the one its cutting then I'd say Majestic has a great chance of winning especially with his greater speed advantage.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Majestic cuts him up.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By reaverlation

How far are we willing to go to test out the creation blades?

@buckshot @strider92 @dredeuced

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By jwwprod

Odin.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And @saren too on your thoughts about this

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By linsanel_Doctor

Majestic

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kingant27

Odin wins

Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Threads like this are so silly. Majestic is gonna speed blitz Odin? Odin is gonna let himself get cut by Majestic? Odin is just gonna stand there and do...nothing? I don't know why, but a bunch of people have it in their head that if you give Majestic the creation blades = auto win. Newsflash: Just because you give a character a powerful weapon doesn't mean they'll get a chance to use said weapon. And it's not even like the creation blades can be used from a distance; they're a CQC weapon, so in order for you to think Majestic has a chance you have to believe that Odin will let him get right up on him and then cut him. Obviously this is ridiculous.

linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Odin Force is like the Speed Force

Once it's in play, nobody wins

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari: How fast are Odin's reactions? I don't care for this thread just want to know how fast he is to someone who is at least as fast as Superman (Pre 52)?

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By XiiX

Whoever gets the first hits in.

linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Creation Blades can cut anything

They're not overrated simply:

It can cut anything

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Majestic can beat Skyfathers? Interesting.

linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong: he would beat the featless Zeus

Unless that guy has Zeus Force

Pretty sure anyone could be a skyfather or "herald"

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Firstly. Op don't say BFR, Prep, Morals or anything else. So i assume its a random encounter.

Odin lmaostomps the shit out of Majestic.

Odin will know what Majestic wants to do before Majestic knows himself. Then he will oneshot Majestic and put the creation blades in his vault next to the Destroyer and Gungir.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By uberhikari

@uberhikari: How fast are Odin's reactions? I don't care for this thread just want to know how fast he is to someone who is at least as fast as Superman (Pre 52)?

It doesn't matter. This is like arguing that someone could potentially speedblitz Franklin Richards or Galactus. When you put these type of characters in a fight, it doesn't come down to a matter of speed.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@uberhikari: Get @buckshot on this thread, he is the most knowledgable on Majestic bar none.

Also, Necro Thor DID speed-blitz Galactus.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 frozen  Moderator

Creation Blades can cut anything

They're not overrated simply:

It can cut anything

This. They cut literally anything...

DaredevilDD78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Odin

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By uberhikari

@frozen said:

@uberhikari: Get @buckshot on this thread, he is the most knowledgable on Majestic bar none.

NKT speedblitzed Galactus? Not quite. NKT one-shotted Galactus he didn't speedblitz him. Galactus had previously beaten KT and he'd just eaten a planet so he was arrogant. Therefore, Galactus wasn't as cautious as he should have been and got one-shotted.

But I'm curious, who's more powerful NKT or Majestic? Seriously, are you comparing NKT to a Superman knock off?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 frozen  Moderator

@frozen said:

NKT speedblitzed Galactus? Not quite. NKT one-shotted Galactus he didn't speedblitz him. Galactus had previously beaten KT and he'd just eaten a planet so he was arrogant. Therefore, Galactus wasn't as cautious as he should have been and got one-shotted.

But I'm curious, who's more powerful NKT or Majestic? Seriously, are you comparing NKT to a Superman knock off?

Seems like it to me. He flew from light-years away and flew straight into Galactus. Also the Necro-Sword was an amp, clearly, as it was stated it could erase a Billion gods from existence

I'm making no such comparison, I'm simply saying Galactus HAS been speed-blitzed, though it may be unimaginable. And speed-blitz is rather relevant here considering he has Creation Blades, if he blitzes into Odin with those blades they can do serious damage.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

Whoever gets the first hits in.

^

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation said:

It doesn't matter. This is like arguing that someone could potentially speedblitz Franklin Richards or Galactus. When you put these type of characters in a fight, it doesn't come down to a matter of speed.

Why not?

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@uberhikari said:

@frozen said:

Seems like it to me. He flew from light-years away and flew straight into Galactus. Also the Necro-Sword was an amp, clearly, as it was stated it could erase a Billion gods from existence

I'm making no such comparison, I'm simply saying Galactus HAS been speed-blitzed, though it may be unimaginable. And speed-blitz is rather relevant here considering he has Creation Blades, if he blitzes into Odin with those blades they can do serious damage.

Just because he flew from light-years away doesn't mean he speed blitzed Galactus. That just means...he flew to the battlefield from light-years away, lol. Galactus saw him coming and even said he'd just eaten a planet. A speed blitz is when you use your speed to quickly end a fight before your opponent has time to react or do anything to stop you. Galactus's downfall wasn't that he couldn't keep up with Thor's speed, it was overconfidence brought on by the fact that he'd previously beaten Thor and he'd just recently eaten a planet.

Also, my understanding is that the Necro Sword is a powerful weapon but it doesn't confer any other amps to the user. NKT = King Thor w/ Necro Sword. He's the same old King Thor just with a really powerful weapon. And King Thor is basically the same as Odin, and Odin has never speed blitzed Galactus.

Furthermore, think about what you're claiming, you're saying Majestic can speed blitz Odin. Seriously, come on. This is like arguing New-52 Superman or Silver Surfer or Thanos or Sentry or Gladiator or any other Herald level being can just speed blitz Odin. In order for you to continue this argument with a straight face you'd have to argue that any of the characters I just named could speed blitz Odin. And let me ask you this question: Do the creation blades stop regeneration? Do they stop healing? As far as I know, no. Even if I granted that Majestic could cut Odin via speed blitz, the first time he cut Odin would be the last time he cut him. After that the All-Father gets serious and de-atomizes Majestic.

The only possible way for Majestic to win is to speed blitz Odin, and then stab NOT cut Odin, and then leave the blades inside Odin to neutralize his power. Now, explain to me how Majestic would know in a random encounter all the steps he'd need to take in order to beat Odin? Because anything less than the plan I just outlined leads to Majestic getting de-atomized.

CaptainBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By CaptainBatman

I don't see majestic being able to hit Odin before Odin wins

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari said:

@reaverlation said:

Why not?

If you're strong enough to fight on par with people like Odin, Galactus or Franklin Richards you don't need speed. Speed becomes superfluous when you're a universal threat or a reality warper. What use is speed to a reality warper? Or somebody who can stop time? Or bust a universe?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@uberhikari: Firstly, King Thor is more powerful than Odin. While Galactus did beat him, he hit Galactus so hard that he made him vomitt.

Secondly, with the Necro Sword he was definitely an amp, he merfed with the Necro Sword Entity which was capable of erasing a Billion Gods from The Universe. He's known as the Old Necro King Thor, with that sword he operated at higher power levels. The Necro Sword entity began to merge with Galactus at the end of the comic anyways.

He didn't fly to Galactus, he flew into Galactus, which is why Galactus is taken back by the attack, that seems like a blitz to me.

No Caption Provided

Though you could label this a 'sucker' blitz instead.

I'm not really saying Majestic wins. But he's into Thanos territorry, or in fact above Thanos, he is literally far above Superman - it's not a regular speed-blitz either, it's that he has a weapon which can cut through literally anything, if we assume he speed-blitzes into Odin WITH that weapon, the tactic can prove useful because landing first with the Creation Blades can seriously damage Odin.

But yes, Majestic can be matter manipulated, I believe.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton said:

@uberhikari said:

@reaverlation said:

Why not?

If you're strong enough to fight on par with people like Odin, Galactus or Franklin Richards you don't need speed. Speed becomes superfluous when you're a universal threat or a reality warper. What use is speed to a reality warper? Or somebody who can stop time? Or bust a universe?

I still dont see it. Even if a character has powerful reality warping, if he has to think or will that to happen and the other guy can get to you first... then it's a matter of durability, because if he can get to you first and kill you then you wont be reality-warping any time soon.

So, raw power by itself doesnt negate speed.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen:

Firstly, King Thor is more powerful than Odin. While Galactus did beat him, he hit Galactus so hard that he made him vomitt.

He made him vomit, so what? How is that evidence that King Thor is more powerful than Odin? Also, what was the context surrounding the feat? How well fed was Galactus?

Secondly, with the Necro Sword he was definitely an amp, he merfed with the Necro Sword Entity which was capable of erasing a Billion Gods from The Universe. He's known as the Old Necro King Thor, with that sword he operated at higher power levels. The Necro Sword entity began to merge with Galactus at the end of the comic anyways.

I stand corrected.

He didn't fly to Galactus, he flew into Galactus, which is why Galactus is taken back by the attack, that seems like a blitz to me.

Can you show me the scans surrounding this? The first 3-4 scans before this.

I'm not really saying Majestic wins. But he's into Thanos territorry, or in fact above Thanos, he is literally far above Superman - it's not a regular speed-blitz either, it's that he has a weapon which can cut through literally anything, if we assume he speed-blitzes into Odin WITH that weapon, the tactic can prove useful because landing first with the Creation Blades can seriously damage Odin.

First, Majestic is not above Thanos. I'm not aware of any feats that suggest this.

Second, what is a "regular speed-blitz"? A speed blitz is a speed blitz. You can either speed blitz or you can't. The weapon you're holding makes no difference to whether or not you can speed blitz someone. Like I said, arguing that Majestic can speed blitz Odin is like saying Silver Surfer or Gladiator or Thanos or any other herald level being can. Each of the characters I named are all massively FTL but you would never seriously argue that they can speed blitz Odin.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@uberhikari said:

@frozen said:

Just because he flew from light-years away doesn't mean he speed blitzed Galactus. That just means...he flew to the battlefield from light-years away, lol. Galactus saw him coming and even said he'd just eaten a planet. A speed blitz is when you use your speed to quickly end a fight before your opponent has time to react or do anything to stop you. Galactus's downfall wasn't that he couldn't keep up with Thor's speed, it was overconfidence brought on by the fact that he'd previously beaten Thor and he'd just recently eaten a planet.

Also, my understanding is that the Necro Sword is a powerful weapon but it doesn't confer any other amps to the user. NKT = King Thor w/ Necro Sword. He's the same old King Thor just with a really powerful weapon. And King Thor is basically the same as Odin, and Odin has never speed blitzed Galactus.

Furthermore, think about what you're claiming, you're saying Majestic can speed blitz Odin. Seriously, come on. This is like arguing New-52 Superman or Silver Surfer or Thanos or Sentry or Gladiator or any other Herald level being can just speed blitz Odin. In order for you to continue this argument with a straight face you'd have to argue that any of the characters I just named could speed blitz Odin. And let me ask you this question: Do the creation blades stop regeneration? Do they stop healing? As far as I know, no. Even if I granted that Majestic could cut Odin via speed blitz, the first time he cut Odin would be the last time he cut him. After that the All-Father gets serious and de-atomizes Majestic.

The only possible way for Majestic to win is to speed blitz Odin, and then stab NOT cut Odin, and then leave the blades inside Odin to neutralize his power. Now, explain to me how Majestic would know in a random encounter all the steps he'd need to take in order to beat Odin? Because anything less than the plan I just outlined leads to Majestic getting de-atomized.

Just to jump in briefly, I recall Majestic from the Wildstorm era having Vast Superhuman Intellect to go along with Vast Superhuman Reaction Time... that alone would alot Maj the ability to determine the steps to defeat Odin within nanosecond time similar how he was able to create a complex device in nanosecond time as well as clobber Spartan within a nanosecond of time to react. I think you maybe underestimating Majestic a little bit here. While Odin has the better Power Output than Majestic... Maj's Operational Speed coupled with his Superhuman Intellect and those Creation Blades could spell problems for Odin.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari said:

@willpayton said:

@uberhikari said:

@reaverlation said:

Why not?

I still dont see it. Even if a character has powerful reality warping, if he has to think or will that to happen and the other guy can get to you first... then it's a matter of durability, because if he can get to you first and kill you then you wont be reality-warping any time soon.

So, raw power by itself doesnt negate speed.

You didn't read what I wrote. If you're strong enough to fight on par with people like Odin, Galactus or Franklin Richards you don't need speed. My point is this: In fights involving high level beings, it's almost always the case that if you out-match your opponent in one respect, then you outmatch your opponent in all other respects. There's no such thing as Odin being faster than Galactus but being outmatched in every other respect. When someone is on a higher tier than you, that generally refers to being on a higher tier in every respect. For characters on a lower tier this isn't the case. So it's possible to be faster but less durable. Or having more destructive capacity but slower. Etc.

Moreover, I never said anything about raw power negating speed, that's your misinterpretation of what I wrote. Speed means nothing to universal beings. Either you're strong enough to defeat your opponent so speed is useless or you're not strong enough to beat your opponent so speed is useless. Speed is never the deciding factor when someone is on a higher tier than you.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn:

Just to jump in briefly, I recall Majestic from the Wildstorm era having Vast Superhuman Intellect to go along with Vast Superhuman Reaction Time... that alone would alot Maj the ability to determine the steps to defeat Odin within nanosecond time similar how he was able to create a complex device in nanosecond time as well as clobber Spartan within a nanosecond of time to react. I think you maybe underestimating Majestic a little bit here. While Odin has the better Power Output than Majestic... Maj's Operational Speed coupled with his Superhuman Intellect and those Creation Blades could spell problems for Odin.

All problems are not abstract intellectual problems. Some problems are based on practical reasoning, i.e., trial and error. How could Majestic ever figure out that he would need to take very specific steps to win in a random encounter? This isn't a matter of whether or not Majestic could figure it out--he could figure it out. My point is that he only has 1 chance to get it right. If you're fighting someone and there's only 1 possible way for you to win, how could you ever deduce via pure reasoning what that 1 possible way is in a random encounter?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speed means nothing to universal beings. Either you're strong enough to defeat your opponent so speed is useless or you're not strong enough to beat your opponent so speed is useless. Speed is never the deciding factor when someone is on a higher tier than you.

Well, this is your assertion, but I still dont see any evidence or argument to support it.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari said:

Speed means nothing to universal beings. Either you're strong enough to defeat your opponent so speed is useless or you're not strong enough to beat your opponent so speed is useless. Speed is never the deciding factor when someone is on a higher tier than you.

Well, this is your assertion, but I still dont see any evidence or argument to support it.

Thanks for cutting off the first paragraph of my response. I clearly stated that this was my point:

My point is this: In fights involving high level beings, it's almost always the case that if you out-match your opponent in one respect, then you outmatch your opponent in all other respects. There's no such thing as Odin being faster than Galactus but being outmatched in every other respect. When someone is on a higher tier than you, that generally refers to being on a higher tier in every respect.

Don't use straw man fallacies, address my argument.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn:

All problems are not abstract intellectual problems. Some problems are based on practical reasoning, i.e., trial and error. How could Majestic ever figure out that he would need to take very specific steps to win in a random encounter? This isn't a matter of whether or not Majestic could figure it out--he could figure it out. My point is that he only has 1 chance to get it right. If you're fighting someone and there's only 1 possible way for you to win, how could you ever deduce via pure reasoning what that 1 possible way is in a random encounter?

That's easy dude... Majestic would only have to determine where Odin's head is located because the Creation Blades themselves will detach it from it's body... it's not like it would be a lot of complicated steps... only the notion of speed blitzing and attacking with the blades. Majestic would get it right with that one chance... he has been getting it right with over 10,000 years of fighting experience beforehand and giving him a plot device weapon that can cut through anything would spell problem for Odin. It doesn't matter if it's a random encounter... Majestic has been well know for using his operational speed off top against his opponents...

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@uberhikari:

He made him vomit, so what? How is that evidence that King Thor is more powerful than Odin?

Seems a lot more impressive than what Odin can dish out against Galactus, it clearly did damage.

Also, what was the context surrounding the feat? How well fed was Galactus?

In the first fight, Galactus was hungry and wanted to consume the energies of The Earth. In the second fight against Galactus, he was well-fed but lost badly to amped Thor in a one-sided affair.

Can you show me the scans surrounding this? The first 3-4 scans before this.

Thor is light-years away. Galactus consumes the energies of Earth and then immediately says he is ''well feasted'' - the Thor girls attack him and are briefly doing surprisingly well however their damage is superficial and he overpowers them soon after.

Thor then arrives and stops Galactus from killing the Thor girls, by defeating Galactus.

First, Majestic is not above Thanos. I'm not aware of any feats that suggest this.

This thread had a good argument for Majestic - http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/most-powerful-comic-book-character-bracket-round-2-1557095/

Second, what is a "regular speed-blitz"? A speed blitz is a speed blitz. You can either speed blitz or you can't. The weapon you're holding makes no difference to whether or not you can speed blitz someone.

It is apparent your definition of speed blitz is different to mine. Thor was travelling at super-speeds, gaining momentum and hit straight into Galactus, he was flying with both weapons. If you do not class this as a blitz then what is it? A bull-rush?

Like I said, arguing that Majestic can speed blitz Odin is like saying Silver Surfer or Gladiator or Thanos or any other herald level being can. Each of the characters I named are all massively FTL but you would never seriously argue that they can speed blitz Odin.

Perhaps if he was attempting to blitz with his fists, then yes it'd be futile. However, if the character in question is wielding a specific weapon, which can cut the upmost of powerhouses (essentially, cut through anything) then speed matters in how they can deliver striking that weapon, clearly it's more beneficial to use super-speed to blitz into someone with the weapon. Neither of those characters you mentioned have Creation Blades or anything as potent.

It's akin to a Herald, or low-level Skyfather wielding a weapon that can harm beings on nearly every level.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: Superman is a powerhouse. Nightwing is a streetleveler. Thus Superman is a more skilled hand to hand combatant.

Thor is a powerhouse. Spider-Man is a streetleveler. Thus Thor has greater combat speed than Spider-Man.

Mongul is a powerhouse. Cyclops is a streetleveler. Thus Mongul has superior energy projection than Cyclops.

You starting to see where we're going with this?

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn:

That's easy dude... Majestic would only have to determine where Odin's head is located because the Creation Blades themselves will detach it from it's body... it's not like it would be a lot of complicated steps... only the notion of speed blitzing and attacking with the blades. Majestic would get it right with that one chance... he has been getting it right with over 10,000 years of fighting experience beforehand and giving him a plot device weapon that can cut through anything would spell problem for Odin. It doesn't matter if it's a random encounter... Majestic has been well know for using his operational speed off top against his opponents...

This is nothing more than your assertion. What I'm asking is how will Majestic know, in a random encounter, that his only way to win is speed blitz + decapitation? How will he know that the only way to win the fight is immediate incapacitation or death? He can't possibly know that before hand. Fighting experience doesn't tell you the only way to win a fight as soon as a fight starts; this kind of knowledge can only be gained by fighting the opponent.

Furthermore, Majestic can't speed blitz Odin. Again, I don't know why people are saying this. Would you argue that Thanos or Silver Surfer or New-52 Superman could speed blitz Odin? Of course not. Not only this but if you have to argue something outside the rules stipulated, which is essentially that Majestic is bloodlusted (since he's starting with speed blitz + decapitation), then the fight is probably not fair to begin with.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn:

This is nothing more than your assertion. What I'm asking is how will Majestic know, in a random encounter, that his only way to win is speed blitz + decapitation? How will he know that the only way to win the fight is immediate incapacitation or death? He can't possibly know that before hand. Fighting experience doesn't tell you the only way to win a fight as soon as a fight starts; this kind of knowledge can only be gained by fighting the opponent.

Furthermore, Majestic can't speed blitz Odin. Again, I don't know why people are saying this. Would you argue that Thanos or Silver Surfer or New-52 Superman could speed blitz Odin? Of course not. Not only this but if you have to argue something outside the rules stipulated, which is essentially that Majestic is bloodlusted (since he's starting with speed blitz + decapitation), then the fight is probably not fair to begin with.

It's not simply assertion... We know that the Creation Blades are Plot Device Weapons meaning they can do as they say they do... sort of like Saint of Killers Divine Colts can basically kill anyone... that's the purpose of the weapons themselves. Majestic has been using speedblitzing and attacking on multiple foes he has faced in the past in comics... why wouldn't he think this is his best shot and use it as his initial shot ? Is Majestic not going to think to use the Creation Blades he has been given in the battle ? Why wouldn't he go for a critical attack off top ? I don't see why he wouldn't.

Your second paragraph is kind of dumb... you asking would Thanos speedblitz Odin ? You do realize that Thanos is not known for Superhuman Speed right ? As far as Silver Surfer or Superman speedblitzing... well again, it's the nature of the character... like I said earlier we have some examples of Majestic using the speedblitz and operational speed to take out his opponents... Surfer and Superman have exceptional speed but not as frequent use of operational speed showings... on top of that, you have the fact that Majestic has a plot device weapon at his disposal that can take out Odin which neither Silver Surfer or Superman has... so it's even more an incentive for Majestic to attack quickly to subdue the opponent.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen:

Seems a lot more impressive than what Odin can dish out against Galactus, it clearly did damage.

The fact that something seems impressive to you is not evidence of anything. Galactus has been "hurt" before. Odin headbutted him, Thor has thrown Mjolnir at him, and the Thunder Girls were "hurting" Galactus in their fight. Doing damage to Galactus doesn't really mean anything.

In the first fight, Galactus was hungry and wanted to consume the energies of The Earth. In the second fight against Galactus, he was well-fed but lost badly to amped Thor in a one-sided affair.

Thor is light-years away. Galactus consumes the energies of Earth and then immediately says he is ''well feasted'' - the Thor girls attack him and are briefly doing surprisingly well however their damage is superficial and he overpowers them soon after.

I see; then I stand corrected surrounding the context of the fight. But my overall point still stands. NKT didn't win because of a speed blitz, i.e., a speed blitz wasn't necessary for NKT to win the fight. He simply had to act fast in order to save the life of the Thunder Girls. But NKT would have won just as easily without speed blitzing because he was simply stronger than Galactus; that's clear. The point I made against WillPayton still stands.

This thread had a good argument for Majestic - http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/most-powerful-comic-book-character-bracket-round-2-1557095/

This thread doesn't prove anything, because these are non-standard versions of the characters. Neither a Green Lantern ring nor the creation blades are standard equipment for Thanos or Majestic, respectively. If you used the normal versions of each character Thanos wins...clearly. Most people will say that Majestic is faster than Thanos, but not only is this not true but Thanos outclasses Majestic in every other area. Majestic has nanosecond reaction speed...and Thanos has shown no problem beating up people with nanosecond reaction speed. Silver Surfer gets beat up by Thanos all the time. Gladiator has nanosecond reaction speed and nobody would claim Gladiator can speed blitz Thanos.

It is apparent your definition of speed blitz is different to mine. Thor was travelling at super-speeds, gaining momentum and hit straight into Galactus, he was flying with both weapons. If you do not class this as a blitz then what is it? A bull-rush?

I just gave you my definition of a speed blitz:

A speed blitz is when you use your speed to quickly end a fight before your opponent has time to react or do anything to stop you.

That is the definition of a speed blitz.

Perhaps if he was attempting to blitz with his fists, then yes it'd be futile. However, if the character in question is wielding a specific weapon, which can cut the upmost of powerhouses (essentially, cut through anything) then speed matters in how they can deliver striking that weapon, clearly it's more beneficial to use super-speed to blitz into someone with the weapon. Neither of those characters you mentioned have Creation Blades or anything as potent.

It's akin to a Herald, or low-level Skyfather wielding a weapon that can harm beings on nearly every level.

This point is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. We're not debating whether or not the creation blades can cut Odin. Or whether Majestic's attempt to speed blitz would be futile. What I'm saying is this: The question at the heart of our dispute is whether or not Majestic can speed blitz Odin to begin with. Now, you previously wrote this:

Then I responded by asking you what a "regular speed-blitz" was. I pointed out that there is no such thing; you're either fast enough to speed blitz or you aren't. The object in your hand has nothing to do with whether or not you can speed blitz someone. Then I pointed out that Majestic is as fast as any regular herald level being (Silver Surfer, Thanos, Gladiator, etc.) and that the odds of him speed blitzing Odin is as good as the odds of any of those other characters I named, which is pretty much zero.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Odin

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn:

It's not simply assertion... We know that the Creation Blades are Plot Device Weapons meaning they can do as they say they do... sort of like Saint of Killers Divine Colts can basically kill anyone... that's the purpose of the weapons themselves.

I never disputed the power of the creation baldes.

Majestic has been using speedblitzing and attacking on multiple foes he has faced in the past in comics... why wouldn't he think this is his best shot and use it as his initial shot ? Is Majestic not going to think to use the Creation Blades he has been given in the battle ? Why wouldn't he go for a critical attack off top ? I don't see why he wouldn't.

Does Majestic start every fight by speed blitzing and going for the kill? No. Therefore, I need you to explain why Majestic would just happen to choose the only possible way for him to win at the start of this fight. It can't just be arbitrary. You can't just choose the method that's most convenient for Majestic to win because you think that's a viable option for Majestic to win. Majestic has to choose this method strategically. And without prior knowledge about Odin I don't see why he would choose the strategy of speed blitzing + decapitation as his immediate and only attack.

Your second paragraph is kind of dumb... you asking would Thanos speedblitz Odin ? You do realize that Thanos is not known for Superhuman Speed right ? As far as Silver Surfer or Superman speedblitzing... well again, it's the nature of the character... like I said earlier we have some examples of Majestic using the speedblitz and operational speed to take out his opponents... Surfer and Superman have exceptional speed but not as frequent use of operational speed showings... on top of that, you have the fact that Majestic has a plot device weapon at his disposal that can take out Odin which neither Silver Surfer or Superman has... so it's even more an incentive for Majestic to attack quickly to subdue the opponent.

Your response is completely irrelevant to what I wrote. I'm questioning Majestic's ability to speed blitz Odin not what Thanos or Silver Surfer or New-52 Superman would do in a hypothetical battle against Odin. Those are two different things. Even if it's in Majestic's nature to speed blitz + go for the kill in every fight he's had no matter what, that still wouldn't prove that he actually had the capability to speed blitz Odin. I'm pointing out that if you think Majestic has the capability to speed blitz Odin then you must also believe that about Thanos, Silver Surfer, New-52 Superman, Gladiator, etc. Basically anybody who has nanosecond reaction speed and is FTL.

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what i think is

mr.majestic is on par with silver surfer and ds sentry.

But odin is another league