Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#6 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I don't see Gorr losing to pure physical damage so without Majestic doing something out of character (like tapping his Universal status to persuade the necrosword to come to him) I don't see him winning the first round, assuming this is Gorr at the top of his power. The Creation Blades are more than just physical though so I think he'd kill Gorr pretty easily in round two.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@buckshot: how have the blades cut through intangible objects? And cutting Gorr in half is useless considering he will shape shift himself back

Gorr both rounds

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@thanosii said:

@buckshot: how have the blades cut through intangible objects? And cutting Gorr in half is useless considering he will shape shift himself back

Gorr both rounds

Since when is Gorr intangible? Removing Gorr's head seems like a good way to kill him.

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what can mr.majestic do?while gorr can beat 3 thor at the same time

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By brainstorm01

atleast think about .

Gorr can beat odin quite easyly.while odin is someone who can solo justice league

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

what can mr.majestic do?while gorr can beat 3 thor at the same time

Majestic can cut off his head before he can react. Gorr showed no superhuman speed worth mentioning and a blade that rips god-beings apart wielded by someone with millennia of skill, faster than light speed, and the strength to crush planets in his hands would end this quickly.

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pierpat

@buckshot said:

I don't see Gorr losing to pure physical damage so without Majestic doing something out of character (like tapping his Universal status to persuade the necrosword to come to him) I don't see him winning the first round, assuming this is Gorr at the top of his power. The Creation Blades are more than just physical though so I think he'd kill Gorr pretty easily in round two.

QFT

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

@buckshot said:

QFT

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

@buckshot said:

QFT

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Majestic both rounds.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Id go with Majestros

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr the first round. Majestic curbstomps round 2.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still this

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Majestic both rounds.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshotwashere said:

Still this

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Majestic both rounds.

@acrokat said:

Majestic both rounds.

How does Majestic defeat Gorr in round 1? I can agree he wins in round 2, but in the first he's not going to do much with just physicals.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@New_World_Order: Gorr is slower and couldn't keep a weaker, younger Thor down with his strikes.

And his constructs aren't much, even when he amped himself it wasn't much.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@New_World_Order: He's a Superman copy, Superman can't lose, duh.

Jokes aside, I think Majestic can win a majority on pure physicals assuming he uses his speed wisely.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acrokat said:

@New_World_Order: Gorr is slower and couldn't keep a weaker, younger Thor down with his strikes.

And his constructs aren't much, even when he amped himself it wasn't much.

What makes you say Gorr couldn't keep a weaker younger Thor down with his strikes? I think you may be referring to their first encounter where Gorr was significantly less powerful than he was towards the end of the arc. His constructs are more than enough, in-fact, just one of them was capable of giving modern Thor issues. It stated it took Thor hours to defeat it. I guess you can make a case that this one was stronger than the typical ones, but it still stands they were sprouted from Gorr's power

Thor God Of Thunder #1 & 2

I also don't feel speed will mean much when you're significantly more powerful than your opponent and you're durable enough to take their blows.

@New_World_Order: He's a Superman copy, Superman can't lose, duh.

Jokes aside, I think Majestic can win a majority on pure physicals assuming he uses his speed wisely.

Majestic is strong, more so than Thor, but that's still not enough to say his physical strength can take down Gorr. He was taking Thor's best blows which were nearly cracking planets apart as well as blasts of energy which could send him light-years away. I personally don't see Majestic overcoming Gorr's durability even with his speed unless he has the creation blades.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@New_World_Order: Gorr is not much more powerful. And speed matters a lot, if someone is too fast for you to even see your power is moot (unless you have very powerful hax, but if you actually need to touch your opponent to fight them it is useless). And Gorr had just amped himself by killing every last one of his reserves when Young Thor bit his eye out. And I don't see why Majestic can't just rip them all to shreds if he tries to use a construct to fight him. Majestic is much stronger, faster, more skilled than Thor. It wouldn't be hard.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acrokat:

Gorr is not much more powerful.

Gorr is in fact much more powerful than Majestic. You can say Majestic is physically stronger and faster, but when it comes to overall power, Gorr has him beat. I would like to think someone who can defeat three Thor's at the same time (one his a Skyfather), is a good deal more powerful than Majestic.

And speed matters a lot, if someone is too fast for you to even see your power is moot (unless you have very powerful hax, but if you actually need to touch your opponent to fight them it is useless).

Majestic is faster don't get me wrong, however what's he actually going to do to Gorr to defeat him? Punch him repeatedly with his fists? Three Thor's already did that (one who is more powerful than Majestic himself), so what exactly is that going to accomplish? It's not even as if their attacks had any significant harm to Gorr outside of Old King Thor's blast of energy.

Regardless, the OP says this is a morals on battle. Gorr doesn't have morals to begin with, and though Majestic's morals are usually looser than most heroes, he's still going to hold back. That not only goes for his strength, but his speed too.

And Gorr had just amped himself by killing every last one of his reserves when Young Thor bit his eye out.

All of the reserves came from him, so it's technically still his power. It's not as if he was amplified by some outside source of power. In this battle, he would just start off at that level, and at that level his necrosword's power could engulf the entire sun.

And I don't see why Majestic can't just rip them all to shreds if he tries to use a construct to fight him.

Majestic is more powerful than them, however in groups they can be pretty overwhelming. We already seen how much Gorr can sprout, while still retaining a lot of power. All Majestic would be doing is wasting his time with lesser opponents, while the real opponent can strike him down.

Majestic is much stronger, faster, more skilled than Thor. It wouldn't be hard.

You make it seem as if it was just modern Thor. I mean, I can understand if it was just young Thor, as Majestic could defeat the both of them alone. However, when you throw in the fact that there was a Skyfather level version, than that changes everything. When you reach Skyfather level in power, things like physical strength, speed, and skill don't often mean much. It mostly comes down to energy projection, reality warping, hax, and that sort of stuff. What has Majestic done to show he's more powerful than Old King Thor who Gorr has defeated along to other weaker versions?

TheGhostKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@New_World_Order: "It's not even as if their attacks had any signficant harm..."

Are you kidding me? From what we actually see on panel, all the Thors dominate him, even young Thor makes him bleed in the 3 Thor fight not even earlier

Then as he is FLEEING into the sun while drawing on the power of the killed gods ....we see nothing . Sun turns black and they lose entirely off panel

Oh but now he's beyond the Thors right ?

Except next issue Young Thor BITES off his eye ! After he's beaten Old Thor + 2 (off panel) apparently he's still only so durable as to have young Thor hurt him so clearly

Clearly as noted in the story itself Old Thor with centuries without practice had lost his edge , as far as Skyfathers go

Based on actual on panel feats Majestic slaughters. What can Gorr do to harm *him*?

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theghostknight:

Are you kidding me? From what we actually see on panel, all the Thors dominate him, even young Thor makes him bleed in the 3 Thor fight not even earlier

Point me to the part where the Thor's are dominating Gorr, because other than when Old King Thor used the blast of energy that sent him hurling light-years away, he wasn't hurt significantly. Again, I never said they couldn't hurt him, they could and did, just not significantly. Bleeding isn't enough to show a character is significantly harmed.

Then as he is FLEEING into the sun while drawing on the power of the killed gods ....we see nothing . Sun turns black and they lose entirely off panel

Your answer is right here. They all go into the sun, but only one comes out standing unharmed, I don't think we need to see anything on panel to say what happens. Especially since all three of the Thor's come out with more puncture wounds, and are bleeding, it shouldn't be too hard to see what occurred.

No Caption Provided

Oh but now he's beyond the Thors right ?

Well, I mean, that's kind of the whole reason the three of the Thor's teamed up against him in the first place. Let's not act as if Gorr wasn't above them.

Except next issue Young Thor BITES off his eye ! After he's beaten Old Thor + 2 (off panel) apparently he's still only so durable as to have young Thor hurt him so clearly

It was his eye. Surely your eyes are not as durable as the rest of your body. That part should be clear given he was tanking their attacks just before.

Clearly as noted in the story itself Old Thor with centuries without practice had lost his edge , as far as Skyfathers go

Doesn't take away that he was still a Skyfather who was said to wield the Odinforce longer than Odin had himself.

Based on actual on panel feats Majestic slaughters. What can Gorr do to harm *him*?

Exactly what he did the entire arc to kill gods and defeat the Thor's.

If you're going to come at me aggressively, at-least make a good attempt at it with a sound argument.

TheGhostKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@New_World_Order: Bleeding is not enough to show a character is hurt signficantly . Fleeing is not enough to show a character is getting dominated . What is then ?

Ah things that happen off panel that contradict every other part of the story from beginning when Young Thor straight up beat him to end when Young Thor can literally bite off entire body parts . Let's not act as if Gorr wasn't above them ......even if from everything we see in the fight , THEY are in fact above Gorr to the point of regular Thor matching him blow for blow and only getting disadvantaged (but not even KOd) after getting blindsided after he was distracted

Again what attacks did he actually "tank" on panel ? Some scans would be helpful

Oh yes but I do love my statements about Skyfathers and Skyfathers that are comparable enough to young Thor such that he achieves a more tangible physical effect than any of his attacks . So long as he is called "Skyfather!" ( hey but what about the time Balder sat at the table cuz it's only an honourary title for the leader of the pantheon...shh)

I'm hardly coming at you aggressively mate . This is me gently pointing out that your argument is held together only by statements and off panel incidents at odds with the rest of the arc . Gorr's just not as impressive as you'd like him to be , kinda like Superman 1 Million , except even that guy had more clear cut on panel feats

Meanwhile Majestic is someone who has actually survived the end of the universe on panel and reacts in nanoseconds and moves planets like chess pieces . At the very least he's going to do what Young Thor did , and ....lets go by your argument , rip out Gorr's eyes because they are "weak points" , then fry his brain through the holes where said "weak points " existed

Is sound argument now , yes ?

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By New_World_Order

@theghostknight:

Bleeding is not enough to show a character is hurt signficantly . Fleeing is not enough to show a character is getting dominated . What is then ?

First off, bleeding isn't enough as we see many times weaker characters causing characters to bleed but it doesn't do much. Secondly, I never said anything regarding the fleeing part. I don't think Gorr was trying to flee, but he was in-fact leading them into the sun to do what he did to defeat them. For example, Thing has made Red Hulk bleed, however Ross is much more stronger than Ben is.

No Caption Provided

Ah things that happen off panel that contradict every other part of the story from beginning when Young Thor straight up beat him to end when Young Thor can literally bite off entire body parts . Let's not act as if Gorr wasn't above them ......even if from everything we see in the fight , THEY are in fact above Gorr to the point of regular Thor matching him blow for blow and only getting disadvantaged (but not even KOd) after getting blindsided after he was distracted

Gorr is above them, it's easy as can see. I'm nor sure how biting off someone's eye is so impressive, it's not as if he bit off a finger or an entire limb. If that were the case, I could agree, but an eye is nothing too bad. The issue here is you're thinking Gorr is supposed to be some physical powerhouse when that's not what he is. You don't have to be physically strong to be powerful you know. Gorr is powerful in other ways than strength, and even so he should be stronger than Thor. His beserker construct was able to fight off Thor for hours, and that was prior to his upgrades.

Thor God Of Thunder #1 & 2

Again what attacks did he actually "tank" on panel ? Some scans would be helpful

He tanked Old King Thor's blast of energy which sent him light-years away. It hurt him quite a good deal, more so than anything else seemed to in this arc, but that's to be expected from a Skyfather's power. He wasn't hurt to the point he couldn't battle as he was stilling casually tossing pieces of a moon at the Thor's.

He took blows from Young Thor who possessed a uru hammer.

He takes repetitive blows from Thor who's striking with his hardest blows. These blows were capable of cracking the planet beneath him and a moon in the distance. Gorr's not sharing blows with him as you suggested her, but burrowing his weapon into his skin. Gorr shrug's off all the blows. Keep close attention to his face and tell me if looks harmed much.

He even goes on to take Old King Thor's blast again yet this time it doesn't do much to him. It would seem after he absorbed his black berserkers, his durability skyrocketed.

No Caption Provided

Oh yes but I do love my statements about Skyfathers and Skyfathers that are comparable enough to young Thor such that he achieves a more tangible physical effect than any of his attacks . So long as he is called "Skyfather!" ( hey but what about the time Balder sat at the table cuz it's only an honourary title for the leader of the pantheon...shh)

You're well aware that when I said Skyfather, I was talking about the more established ones like Odin and Zeus.

I'm hardly coming at you aggressively mate . This is me gently pointing out that your argument is held together only by statements and off panel incidents at odds with the rest of the arc . Gorr's just not as impressive as you'd like him to be , kinda like Superman 1 Million , except even that guy had more clear cut on panel feats

I don't really care if you were or not, i'm just saying the way you came at me for a post that wasn't directed at you was pretty silly given you didn't add anything good. Funny thing is you're saying i'm using off-panel evidence when the only feat I used that was off-panel was Gorr finishing the Thor's. If you think Superman 1 Million had more clear cut feats than Gorr, then I think you're debating the wrong person. I see it as the complete opposite.

Meanwhile Majestic is someone who has actually survived the end of the universe on panel and reacts in nanoseconds and moves planets like chess pieces . At the very least he's going to do what Young Thor did , and ....lets go by your argument , rip out Gorr's eyes because they are "weak points" , then fry his brain through the holes where said "weak points " existed

Just when I thought you were getting somewhat reasonable you pull up Majestic surviving the end of the universe. I'm 100% sure that's an outlier because he's no where near durable enough to do that consistently nor does he usually operate at that level of power. How you going to come at me for all the consistent things Gorr did and then use that feat for Majestic like his durability isn't in the planetary range? He may have nanosecond reaction speed, but how does that help when you aren't strong enough to put down your opponent? I'm aware Majestic has planetary strength feats, but how hard does he strike, because though it may be above Thor, I hardly doubt it's way above his and Gorr was tanking his blows, and blasts of energy from Old King Thor. Fry Gorr's brain? Really now.

I think you're missing the part where he can regrow whole limbs. When Young Thor sliced off his arm, he regrow he.

No Caption Provided

Is sound argument now , yes ?

Not at all.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't see how Majestic speed's is going to do much to Gorr in the first round. Gorr takes that handily. Maj takes the second round though, if the creation blades are as powerful as people are making it out to be.

giitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round one I'd give to gorr. Gorr is too versatile to lose to an unarmed majestic

Round Two i have to give to majestic I don't think gorr has the defense to defend the creation blades

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By reaverlation

I don't see how Majestic speed's is going to do much to Gorr in the first round. Gorr takes that handily. Maj takes the second round though, if the creation blades are as powerful as people are making it out to be.

The Creation Blades is arguably much more powerful than the Necrosword to the point where it can literally cut through anything.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers said:

The Creation Blades is arguably much more powerful than the Necrosword to the point where it can literally cut through anything.

Pssh I bet it can't cut through this.

No Caption Provided

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By brucerogers

@reaverlation: I see. Then Majestic should have that round in the bag

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JohnAnderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1.Majestic with difficulty ( since it's too close, Gorr might be able to pull this off)

2.Majestic stomps, and it's not even funny.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, Majestic is above Skyfathers now?

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Kingant27

Gorr slaughters him in round 1, it's funny how you say the word Odin and it's a considered a joke for anyone this tier to match him, but mention Gorr who is above or atleast Odin's match and he doesn't get near the credit...

Round 2: Majestic should take him down with Creation blades.

@adamtrmm: lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This is what happens to Gorr and whatever he spawns in the first round. Gorr is not as powerful as people hype him up to be. When King Thor actually got to him Gorr didn't do anything, when Worthy Thor got to him, he was winning until he was momentarily distracted. Gorr didn't do anything. He was trying to keep those two distracted so he could fight the weakest Thor and even then, that Thor was keeping up, he had the upper hand until Gorr backed off to shoot stuff at him.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acrokat said:
No Caption Provided

This is what happens to Gorr and whatever he spawns in the first round. Gorr is not as powerful as people hype him up to be. When King Thor actually got to him Gorr didn't do anything, when Worthy Thor got to him, he was winning until he was momentarily distracted. Gorr didn't do anything. He was trying to keep those two distracted so he could fight the weakest Thor and even then, that Thor was keeping up, he had the upper hand until Gorr backed off to shoot stuff at him.

No Caption Provided

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Lucano

Majestros can, with very high difficulty take round 1. He has a lot more than just physical stats, people tends to forget he has some bad ass feats of matter and energy manipulation with his "heat vision". Again, this would be extremely tough for him, so I'm giving round 1 to Gorr 6.5 or 7/10.

Now round 2, Gorr has absolutely no showings to suggest he could react to a blitz from Majestros with the Creation Blades, and speed blitz is his move-to-go when he has the Creation Blades. Plus the Blades can actually harm a universal reality warper so... Round 2 goes to Majestros, 10/10.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: That happened offscreen with no context or reason as to how that happened... like a lot of Gorr's showings.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#47  Edited By MasterKungFu

majestic

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acrokat:

They entered the sun fighting, he beat them. I don't really get why do we need context right here. It's not like something that was completely ignored, narratively it was said "the sun went black" confirming the scope of Gorr's power and suggesting he dominated. Well, he did, having Skyfather Thor under his feet. That's all we need to know.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: No, we need to know how they were beaten, because if anything, it looks like they were knocked out from crashing into the star plus the sword. Plus Gorr had just been amped so normally he wouldn't be able to do that.

If he did somehow dominate, that would contradict a lot since Young and Worthy Thor dominated him one on one in the same book.

And for people thinking that he beat King Thor, he didn't. Every time King Thor got ahold of Gorr, he stomped him. And he didn't even use any kind of reality warping, time manipulation, none of that. He would just hit him. And it worked.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By adamTRMM

@acrokat:

Past showings give us indication that Thors won't be KOed by a star, there's no reason to believe something has changed since then as Thors themselves pushed Gorr there. Besides, the notion of OKT being KOed by the sun in itself disqualifies such an idea. That guy held his own against Old Galactus and survived the experience. Once again, Gorr made the star go black. He simply dominated them. I think that's the only thing we need to know, they brawled, Gorr won.

You're taking too much on non linear storytelling. There's a difference between dominating Gorr and holding their own against him. That's what regular and young Thors achieved at their best. They never dominated him, they just had some great shots, that I mind you, never succeeded at holding, let alone putting, him down.

And yet OK Thor was under his feet. Explain this please. The best shot he had was Godblasting him lightyears away, that's the only part where I remember Gorr being significantly hurt. That's it. You also ignore that without the other Thors Gorr held him at his mercy for almost a thousand years by just having the Berzerkers deal with him. I mean, how is THIS not a sign of a clear superiority?

No Caption Provided