• 119 results
laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@44orhsaj said:

Reed wins easily at the time this thread was made. I guess current spider-man could freeze Reed with cryo pellets or burn him with acidic webbing.

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Bones309

@adamanouer said:

@bones309: I recall 2 occasions where Reed and Pete locked horns. The first time was in Amazing Spider-Man #1 where Reed tried incapacitate Pete (who was just getting used to his powers) but got completely owned by Pete's Spider-Sense causing The Thing to ram into him. And the other time I think was during the secret or civil war and Pete basically knocked him out with a single punch with Reed simply saying "Amazing".

They fought in Amazing Spider-man #8 too but I don't think it'd be fair to use that against Reed. Spidey kinda took him by surprise as he was offering to help him up. I'm sure there are more.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309: I recall 2 occasions where Reed and Pete locked horns. The first time was in Amazing Spider-Man #1 where Reed tried incapacitate Pete (who was just getting used to his powers) but got completely owned by Pete's Spider-Sense causing The Thing to ram into him. And the other time I think was during the secret or civil war and Pete basically knocked him out with a single punch with Reed simply saying "Amazing".

In amazing Spiderman #1 Spiderman did nothing to show he can hurt reed. Spiderman just avoided him. Avoiding is not owning. And you say Peter KO'ed Reed with one punch?? Can you show a scan of Reed being hurt or KO'ed? Cuz the Civil War comic i have doesn't show Reed being hurt or KO'ed.

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@adamanouer said:

In amazing Spiderman #1 Spiderman did nothing to show he can hurt reed. Spiderman just avoided him. Avoiding is not owning. And you say Peter KO'ed Reed with one punch?? Can you show a scan of Reed being hurt or KO'ed? Cuz the Civil War comic i have doesn't show Reed being hurt or KO'ed.

Can't Spider-man just web him? His stretching should allow only so much leverage against it and he's not strong enough to break it.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309: Webbing would only help if he webbed Reeds entire body before Reed started stretching. Like wrapping Reed in a cocoon. I don't think that is likely though. If Reed swings his normal size hand at Peter, i know peter can dodge it. But at any time he can expand his hand to 20ft wide. I think it'll be a long fight but I don't think Spidey can hurt Reed. But if Reed can just touch Spidey he can wrap his whole body around him. Just my opinion

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@bones309: Webbing would only help if he webbed Reeds entire body before Reed started stretching. Like wrapping Reed in a cocoon. I don't think that is likely though. If Reed swings his normal size hand at Peter, i know peter can dodge it. But at any time he can expand his hand to 20ft wide. I think it'll be a long fight but I don't think Spidey can hurt Reed. But if Reed can just touch Spidey he can wrap his whole body around him. Just my opinion

Well Spider-man is much faster and I've seen him cover large areas in webbing rather quickly. Location can be a big factor here. Tighter quarters help Reed. I don't see Spidey needing to cover him from the get go. He only needs to keep pinning him here and there with webbing till he can't stretch any more. That or simply wear Reed out.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By pooty

@bones309: Since the OP doesn't state the location,according to forum rules, we assume they start within sight of each other on a city street. From there the fight can move any where. So Spidey isn't pinning reed down. Because of the nature of Reeds ability, he can dodge most webbing Spidey can shoot. Logan couldn't pierce Reed with adamantium claws. The Thing couldn't break Reeds grip. I don't think Spidey has the strength to KO reed. and the chances of Spidey webbing the entire location is slim also. I know this is not Spidey in the scan but if Carnage can't hurt Reed why would SPidey be able to? Can you recall Reed being KO'ed by someone in Spideys strength range? But Reed is strong enough to hurt Spidey.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By pastepotpete1

@pooty: dude serouisly no one on the ff team can take spidey single handily except current susan storm spidey gave claasic sue and ff team hell ..he almost solo"d em reed isnt punisher ( high pain tolerance) and its not about who is throwing punches such namor etc its about where they hit .. Daredevil threw his stick at Reeds neck and what did Reed say ? he went argghhhhhh screaming in pain he wasnt ready for it., his neck reeled like 10 feet .. Dont kid yourself reed has quite a few soft spots same as the blob

And do u have scans of reed figthing solo.against namor .? if namor wanted to he could roll reed into a ball crush him or he could grab reed by the neck one hand amd the pull his hair out and scalp him ( make bloody mess though)remember he ripped out vemons togue ?? i like i said reed has quite few soft spots

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: dude serouisly no one on the ff team can take spidey single handily except current susan storm spidey gave claasic sue and ff team hell ..he almost solo"d em reed isnt punisher ( high pain tolerance) and its not about who is throwing punches such namor etc its about where they hit .. Daredevil threw his stick at Reeds neck and what did Reed say ? he went argghhhhhh screaming in pain he wasnt ready for it., his neck reeled like 10 feet .. Dont kid yourself reed has quite a few soft spots same as the blob

And do u have scans of reed figthing solo.against namor .? if namor wanted to he could roll reed into a ball crush him or he could grab reed by the neck one hand amd the pull his hair out and scalp him ( make bloody mess though)remember he ripped out vemons togue ?? i like i said reed has quite few soft spots

Dude seriously, whenever Spidey has faced Reed, Spidey has never hurt or injured him.

and bringing up spideys high level feats like Soloing the fantastic four or the xmen(in secret wars) is out of context. They NEVER were really attacking him. They only wanted to help or capture him. Sue can easily beat him. Torch can nova him. and he can't hurt Ben or Reed. So Spidey didn't "own" any of them. He avoided them.

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bro I'm one of spideys biggest fans but you are severely underestimating all of the FF. Spider-man can't even hurt thing, unless he uses a shit ton of webbing he can't trap him(up to an inch of solid webbing is necessary). Torch can just go nova and incinerate him. Reed has crazy durability and can just surround pete and suffocate him, and sue obviously can do tons of things. Spidey has rarely, if ever, taken on and beaten each of the four individually.

Reed wins 6/10.

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was thinking about this fight and kinda realize that Spider-man's foes the Sandman is pretty much an amalgam of Reed and the Thing.

proto3296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey uses cyro pellets battles over spidey 10/10.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@proto3296: This thread was made before Spidey had pellets. Honestly i dont know if we go by when the thread was made or use current. Regardless are the pellets standard? how many times has Spidey used them?

@bones309: I agree with your last post. never thought of that.

proto3296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: that's a great question, tag a mod and ask please I can't do it from my phone. And yeah his pellets are pretty standard. He always has them, but he doesn't always need to use them.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@proto3296: @saren @SC

Do we use the "current" character from when the thread was made? or "current" character from today?

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Today but if it's a diffrent iteration entirely like pre new 52, we use that one

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#67  Edited By NinjaWarrior268

With no prep, Spiderman wins here. He's faster and more agile

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjawarrior268: Faster and agility only matter IF you can hurt your opponent. Reed has tanked hits from Namor, Doom, Carnage and Spidey. The last two did no damage. Spidey doesn't have the strength to put Reed down. and reed can easily dodge webbing by contorting his body

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man

No Caption Provided

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@ninjawarrior268: Faster and agility only matter IF you can hurt your opponent. Reed has tanked hits from Namor, Doom, Carnage and Spidey. The last two did no damage. Spidey doesn't have the strength to put Reed down. and reed can easily dodge webbing by contorting his body

I would think if Spider-man can punch Reed, he can web him. Considering webbing is a distance weapon that has much wider range than his fists. Reed also tends to be a pretty large target. Spider-man has been facing guys with pretty much Reed's powers, if not better since he was a teenager. If he can find a way to put down Hydroman and the Sandman, he can put down Reed. Eventually I see Reed getting caught in too much webbing.

Also how does Reed's durability work. For example if he was taken by surprise would his body natural just take the blow or does he need to relax his muscles or something?

No Caption Provided

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309: Spidey has gotten pummeled by people with powers like Reed. Spidey often only beats sandman, Hydro man by outsmarting them. He's not outsmarting reed. Reed can be any size or shape he wants and any part of his body moves in numerous directions. Reed can bounce away from webbing or swing on lamp post like Spidey does. He can also attack Spidey from multiple angles at once. I showed scans of carnage attacking reed to no avail. When Spidey was able to kick reed by surprise in civil war, reed was fighting on the next page. When Reed engulfed wolverine, wolverine was stabbing him randomly to no avail. As said, Spidey has been hurt MANY times by Sandman, doc ock and hydroman but I can't think of one time Reed has been hurt by someone in spirits strength class.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which is considered PIS because Reed has thrown down with Namor

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: Yeah so has Peter and on both occasions Peter showed he was more than capable of matching Namor so I'd still say they're about even.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: Yeah so has Peter and on both occasions Peter showed he was more than capable of matching Namor so I'd still say they're about even.

Uh, no. Even classic Namor was smacking around Peter casually.

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: lol no he wasn't.

In his first encounter he had one punch against Peter and got righteously owned when he jumped out of a steam grate and knocked him on his ass. Then Namor tried to fly away but got webbed up and knocked 60ft out of the air. He got owned so hard that Peter felt sorry for him and suggested he see a Doctor (following that Namor tripped Peter over and was rolling around on the floor with him when the fight ended).

In the second encounter Namor basically chased Peter around New York because he thought he had kidnapped sue and basically the majority of that fight was Namor trying to attack Peter who managed to dodge most his attacks quite easily. In the fight Peter did ram Namor into a Tower, admittedly to little effect and Namor did launch a powerful punch on Pete while he was distracted which stunned him for a few seconds. The fight ended when Namor attempted to throw a wall Peter and completely missed requiring Pete to web up the debris to prevent it killing Betty Brant and Jameson and when he saw that Namor knew he couldn't have kidnapped Sue.

So basically what I'm saying is between their 2 encounters they were pretty much even with Peter having a ton more speed with Namor having more power. However Peter still managed to weaken Namor on his own terrain in the ocean which should tell you which of the 2 is smarter.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: lol no he wasn't.

In his first encounter he had one punch against Peter and got righteously owned when he jumped out of a steam grate and knocked him on his ass. Then Namor tried to fly away but got webbed up and knocked 60ft out of the air. He got owned so hard that Peter felt sorry for him and suggested he see a Doctor (following that Namor tripped Peter over and was rolling around on the floor with him when the fight ended).

In the second encounter Namor basically chased Peter around New York because he thought he had kidnapped sue and basically the majority of that fight was Namor trying to attack Peter who managed to dodge most his attacks quite easily. In the fight Peter did ram Namor into a Tower, admittedly to little effect and Namor did launch a powerful punch on Pete while he was distracted which stunned him for a few seconds. The fight ended when Namor attempted to throw a wall Peter and completely missed requiring Pete to web up the debris to prevent it killing Betty Brant and Jameson and when he saw that Namor knew he couldn't have kidnapped Sue.

So basically what I'm saying is between their 2 encounters they were pretty much even with Peter having a ton more speed with Namor having more power. However Peter still managed to weaken Namor on his own terrain in the ocean which should tell you which of the 2 is smarter.

Put it this way

Current Namor>>>>>>>>>>Classic Namor

Current Namor is superior to Iron Man, Peter's only victory over Tony was PIS, and Tony warned him never to try it again. Reed was able to throw down with current Namor.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994: That scan only proves that spiderman can kick.

@adamanouer: @jacthripper: Against Namor, peter has shown that he can dodge, outsmart Namor. But Peter has not shown he can hurt or restrain Namor with strength alone. Reed has shown he can hurt, restrain Namor, Thing, Dr.Doom with his strength. So Reed is strong enough to hurt Peter. I have not seen anything to suggest that Peter can hurt Reed.

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: That's a fair enough statement man. However in regards to Mr. Fantastic Vs Spider-Man

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Now these images don't really give a full indication of the power of these 2 but it does give a few decent details like the fact Reed's speed is nowhere near as fast as Peter is and the second thing it shows is that unless he fully restrains Peters arms and legs then Peter can still move quite easily.

In terms of durability clearly Reed has the advantage because what I can tell Punching him is kinda like shooting a bulletproof vest, he can feel the impact but he won't feel the full force because his body is dispersed and the more dispersed his skin is the less damage he'll take. In terms of strength I know Reed can lift moderately strong metallic objects and toss them with ease and Peter can lift about 15 tons I'd say in that department they are very good match.

That leaves intelligence and in this department with prep Reed is almost completely unmatched because he analysis his foes and manages to prep well in advanced but during first encounters he usually needs to learn the information about them first. Peter on the other hand is much, much more reliable on the spot and makes extremely creative use of his surrounding against all his opponents (the majority of which are all stronger than him) in tight situations.

For that last reason alone I think Spider-Man is the one I'd rather back in that kind of a scuffle you know? By all means feel free to disagree that's just how I feel.

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: That my friend I will agree with. If we're talking strength alone then Peters toast. However if we're talking a battle in a certain setting then very much like you just said Reed would have some difficulty restraining Peter while Peter would have a lot of difficulty hurting Reed. I know if I were gonna beat Reed I'd probably try to incapacitate him either by making him tangle himself in knots or by attempting to burn/electrocute him but in a straight up open brawl as you say Peter's strength alone wouldn't do very much to Reed at all.

So I'm playing 50/50 on this one.

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@bones309: Spidey has gotten pummeled by people with powers like Reed. Spidey often only beats sandman, Hydro man by outsmarting them. He's not outsmarting reed. Reed can be any size or shape he wants and any part of his body moves in numerous directions. Reed can bounce away from webbing or swing on lamp post like Spidey does. He can also attack Spidey from multiple angles at once. I showed scans of carnage attacking reed to no avail. When Spidey was able to kick reed by surprise in civil war, reed was fighting on the next page. When Reed engulfed wolverine, wolverine was stabbing him randomly to no avail. As said, Spidey has been hurt MANY times by Sandman, doc ock and hydroman but I can't think of one time Reed has been hurt by someone in spirits strength class.

We've seen a few posts of Reed fighting Spider-man on here from over the years. I've yet to see any where Spider-man isn't shown having the upper hand. He's also shown to be too fast for Reed. So I don't see him dodging webbing with ease. Again, Reed tends to be a big target that relies on his durability. Something that won't do him much good against webbing. I also showed that picture of Spider-man covering a skyscraper in little time to show he can cover a very large area quickly if need be. Reed will have trouble dodging Spider-man's webbing to put it mildly. Where is that picture of him vs Carnage from? That looks like the Ultimate Reed. He looks much younger and is wearing glasses(you'd think his stretching powers could correct his vision?). I also don't think Reed is as difficult to hurt as you make it seem. Doc Ock's arms were able to hurt him. Hydroman and Sandman may not be as smart as Reed but I'm guessing Reed's not trying to kill Spider-man either. Reed isn't in the 85 ton range and can't simply let webbing pass through him.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By pooty

@bones309: None of those scans show Spidey doing anything that can hurt Reed. in the bottom scan, Reed plainly states "we don't want to fight". Even then reed can still attack by stretching other parts of his body. In the scan with doc ock, Ock is hitting his pressure points. I've never seen Spidey use pressure points. Nor does spidey have steel tentacles. The difference between that building and Reed is Reed can move/dodge. He's not a large immobile target. Spidey has been tagged and severely hurt by people with similar powers to Reed such as Hydroman, Dr.ock and sandman. but very rarely, if ever, is reed hurt by someone like SPidey. But we can agree to disagree

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@bones309: None of those scans show Spidey doing anything that can hurt Reed. in the bottom scan, Reed plainly states "we don't want to fight". Even then reed can still attack by stretching other parts of his body. In the scan with doc ock, Ock is hitting his pressure points. I've never seen Spidey use pressure points. Nor does spidey have steel tentacles. The difference between that building and Reed is Reed can move/dodge. He's not a large immobile target. Spidey has been tagged and severely hurt by people with similar powers to Reed such as Hydroman, Dr.ock and sandman. but very rarely, if ever, is reed hurt by someone like SPidey. But we can agree to disagree

We also see Reed being pretty much powerless against Spider-man time and again. Reed was being attacked by Ock's arms alone. Peter has been shown to have more martial arts training than Ock. Note Ock, was pretty much out of his mind in that issue and Reed was mostly just fighting his arms. Again Spider-man has punched Reed. Far easier than webbing. Seriously, give me something that can spray and let me try to punch someone. It'd be far easier to spray them. So Reed doesn't have issues with people like Spider-man, yet ever issue where they've fought he's had issues with Spider-man. Peter has taken on the entire Fantastic Four more than once. Spider-man has beaten people with powers greater than Reed's time and again. People who were trying to kill him.

bigmedlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have too say Mr FANTASTIC he has been toe to toe with dr doom I dont see why spiderman shuld be any different There is nothing spiderman can do here but get a ass whipping Mr FANTASTIC wins!!!!

Prime_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey STOMPS Mr. Fantastic

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By pooty

@bones309: Peter has never hurt Reed and Reed has never hurt Spidey. TTYL

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty:

...and that he's too fast to be grabbed.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994: False. Spidey has been hit and grabbed and hurt by many many people

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: I was talking about the scan. It proves that Spider-Man can kick Richards... and that he's too fast to be grabbed by him. Reed's arms were extending to grab Peter and he couldn't even keep up with his second afterimage.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994: It does not prove that Reed can't grab Spidey. it only shows in that instance he couldn't grab him. The kick had little effect. Reed was seen fighting after the kick

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

What @laflux quoted of @44orhsaj.

GLEmerald924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reed transforms into a giant fly swatter and kills Spidey

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

What @laflux quoted of @44orhsaj.

@laflux said:

@44orhsaj said:

Reed wins easily at the time this thread was made. I guess current spider-man could freeze Reed with cryo pellets or burn him with acidic webbing.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: Yeah but what stopped Richards from being able to grab Parker in that instance...? Unless you can provide an "outside the box" answer we'll just go with "the speed was gap is too high." Reed even comments on how fast Spider-Man is by saying, "Amazing." Reed doesn't have the speed feats to suggest that he can effectively tag him.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994: No outside the box reason is needed. That was one instance. Look at boxing. Muhammad Ali beat Joe Frazier. Another time Joe Frazier won. People have good days. people have bad days. Hulk beats Thor. Thor beats Hulk. And Spidey still has not shown that he can effectively hurt Reed. One kick does not win a fight

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: But Richards doesn't have the speed feats to suggest that he can consistently grab or tag Spider-Man. Especially when he's got precognition.

44orhsaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: But Richards doesn't have the speed feats to suggest that he can consistently grab or tag Spider-Man. Especially when he's got precognition.

He doesn't need speed feats. For starters Peter isn't putting him down. Anyone with knowledge on both characters knows Reed isn't getting hurt by spider-man without PIS. Second of all Reed can just stretch his body around the battle field, and eventually entrap spider-man.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Reed traps and incapacitates Peter.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@44orhsaj: So he can stretch faster than Spider-Man and his spider-sense? At best this is a stalemate.

44orhsaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@44orhsaj: So he can stretch faster than Spider-Man and his spider-sense? At best this is a stalemate.

He doesn't need to.....Eventually Reed is going to entrap Peter. And its not impossible to touch Peter. Its difficult but its going to happen eventually. Eventually Peter is going to be wrapped up like this:

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Mr Fantastic but honestly it will take a while until he can catch Peter.