Mr Fantastic vs Lex Luthor

Bluejay3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bluejay3

Who can teach A class of 5th graders faster?

To test their proficiency as Teachers both classes take an end of year test made for 11th graders.

The test is on All subjects Math, Reading, etc....

They each get 100 days to teach

60 Students

No weekends BUT only 7hr school days

Whoever gets the best results win,oh and the students are below average intelligence.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By CheeseSticks

Reed stomp

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rogueshadow  Moderator

With no technological or biological intervention to boost their intellects? Reed. Lex would be too impatient and quick to anger.

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mikep12

I think Lex. He'd probably manipulate them into learning

Edit: Also if Reed uses his stretchy powers his students will most likely laugh and goof around and make jokes about it rather than actually focus. I don't think it matters if Lex is balled that hasn't really been funny since the 80's unless Lex decides to wear a wig and get it ripped off during class.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow

With no technological or biological intervention to boost their intellects? Reed. Lex would be too impatient and quick to anger.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Wolverine008

@dondave said:

@rogueshadow

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reed he's superior intellectually to Lex.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dextersinister

Sometimes I wonder if you people read comics or are capable of looking beyond a stat.

Lex stomps, Reed Richards has terrible social skills, it would be incredibly difficult for him to relate to normal children.

Whether Lex Luthor actually likes people is down to the whoever is writing but he is always a manipulator with excellent people skills and unlike Reed would also offer a substantial reward/bribe

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 juiceboks  Moderator

Sometimes I wonder if you people read comics or are capable of looking beyond a stat.

Lex stomps, Reed Richards has terrible social skills, it would be incredibly difficult for him to relate to normal children.

Whether Lex Luthor actually likes people is down to the whoever is writing but he is always a manipulator with excellent people skills and unlike Reed would also offer a substantial reward/bribe

Well..his people skills have led to him giving multiple eye-opening lectures on various subjects to collections of scientists, mathematicians, and general brainiacs across the world. Can't exactly wow people's minds if you can't speak well and confidently. And unlike Lex..he actually has experience teaching and interacting closely with children(albeit little geniuses but still). He has compassion and genuine interest in his students..two things that Lex can feign of course but with no ulterior motive that suits him I have my doubts of how much effort he would really put it into it. He could bribe them sure..but then again they're only 10/11 year olds. He'd still have to actually teach them the material..and I doubt he'd have the patience to deal with a bunch of immature children with below average intelligence.

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@rogueshadow

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@tohoma said:

@wolverine08 said:

@dondave said:

@rogueshadow

Quote train here I come!

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dextersinister

@juiceboks: Those are lectures, massive difference between that and actual teaching, he is talking about what he is genuinely interested in which he loves to do and unlike teaching it isn't his problem if no one understood it.

When it comes to teaching 5th graders he will struggle to stay focused on such basic material as he has trouble pulling himself away from his work which has caused problems before and may not be able to relate to them.

Lex Luthor deals with and manipulates idiots all the time, he did become President of America after all :P, villains almost never infight when he is in charge,winning is all the motivation he needs.

The Bizarro scenes in Forever Evil are great.

No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex Luthor is a "people person" in a superficial way really. He simply charms people enough to manipulate them for his own wants and needs, that isn't being a true people person. A true people person can't be so arrogant and full of themselves as Lex is. Sure, Reed isn't playing around with Tony Stark levels of charisma, but when he attempts to teach these kids, he'll actually try connect with them. He value them as people even despite the fact that he is light years ahead of them intelligence. He'll make the kids feel cared and appreciated for. That's more than you can ask for Lex.

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

As a teacher I would say lex.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dextersinister

@wolverine08: I think your looking at it like a Disney movie, whether he truly cares about them isn't a major factor.

Lex will be the smooth talking funny teacher with the fart jokes to Reeds stuffy Librarian who is puzzled when they give him blank when he makes a jokes about quantum physics. Caring and expressing are 2 different things.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wolverine008

@dextersinister:

I think your looking at it like a Disney movie, whether he truly cares about them isn't a major factor.

No, I am just looking at it from the perspective of having once being a ten year old boy with emotions, and understanding how those emotions played a role between me and my mentors/superiors. Lex is dealing with ten and eleven year olds, him excluding that he truly cares is important towards how the students ultimately receive him.

Lex will be the smooth talking funny teacher with the fart jokes to Reeds stuffy Librarian who is puzzled when they give him blank when he makes a jokes about quantum physics. Caring and expressing are 2 different things.

You're kind of giving me more ammo towards my point. Lex doesn't give a damn about these children in general, and the smooth guy persona just amps that feeling being given off. You have to remember that even though these are children, they will be able to pick up little bits of info here and there to see how invested Lex truly is in them. They'll see eventually that he is bullsh%tting them. Reed may be a little awkward when he deals with these children, but the sincerity behind his awkwardness and actions will better lends towards the students trusting him, and in turn learning better from his instruction.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dextersinister

@wolverine08: You are putting way too much empathize on the reliability and importance of these children knowing whether his feelings are genuine or not when children focus on charismatic celebrities and entertainers who don't show them genuine affection. Yes people can pick up on these things but if Lex wasn't considered a master manipulator them maybe that would be an issue.

Children get fooled by dead beat fathers who don't actually care about them all the time.

and that's to say that he may not even care, as I said earlier under certain writers he would.

On the actual teaching aspect he has Reed trumped as he much can better understand how they think and tailor the lesson towards them.

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Homer_X

Lex Luthor

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@homer_x said:

Lex Luthor

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MetH tHinks Reed is smarter tHan Lex but on top of tHat Lex doesn't look like He'll be able to Have tHe patience to teacH kids. Unless, tHis is a competition between tHe two and Lex is very mucH aware of it.

Still in Reed we trust.

-ABstract4$$#073-

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21 the_stegman  Moderator

Neither would be that good at teaching, one's arrogant, and one's damn near anti social. If I had to choose, it would be Lex.

Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikep12 said:

I think Lex. He'd probably manipulate them into learning

Edit: Also if Reed uses his stretchy powers his students will most likely laugh and goof around and make jokes about it rather than actually focus. I don't think it matters if Lex is balled that hasn't really been funny since the 80's unless Lex decides to wear a wig and get it ripped off during class.

this

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reed wins he has the ff to help do the experiments and the class has a fun and happy class and most of the students learn.

lex yells at kid goofing off kid throws paper wad at lex then lex tries to feed kid to shark.

the end.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By PapiNacho

Lex Luthor wins this. After they graduate thought, 99% of the kid's join Lexcorp as Luthor has implanted subliminal suggestions into their brains.

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex would take it extremely serious. He would whip those kids into shape in no time. By the end they would be basically brainwashed and all gets 100% on the test.

Reed would have a much harder time of it and the kids wouldn't respect him at all at first. But they would eventually learn to enjoy learning and would start having fun. They would still do good on the test, and learn a valuable lesson about how there's more to life than test scores.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reed is smarter

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex is the hard teacher who keeps trying to bombard you with knowledge and 12 page essays even though you just learned it.

Reed seems he would be a little dorky and would have cormy jokes all the time he would care and make sure he found the best way to teach all of his students

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmfao people think Lex has great social skills! Reed started the Future Foundation he's already taught children. Lex was fooled by a pair of glasses how the hell is he going to teach? ;)

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MonsterStomp
juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@dextersinister

Those are lectures, massive difference between that and actual teaching, he is talking about what he is genuinely interested in which he loves to do and unlike teaching it isn't his problem if no one understood it.

A vital part of lectures is presenting the information in a way that your audience can understand. And the one he gave in FF #579 was certainly well-written, and well articulated. Reed can and has given great speeches/lectures in his day..

When it comes to teaching 5th graders he will struggle to stay focused on such basic material as he has trouble pulling himself away from his work which has caused problems before and may not be able to relate to them.

How are those two things related? This IS his work. He started the Future Foundation, he teaches his and other children everyday..he knows how to work with 5th graders and introduce advanced(for them) material in a way that they can relate to. The level of the subjects is irrelevant as he knows it all like the back of his hands anyway. He'll probably take them on field trips and create lab experiments that would wow their young minds and make them like him more. And thus be more inclined to learn from him. I highly doubt Lex would go to the lengths Reed would to make sure the kids are actually learning.

Lex Luthor deals with and manipulates idiots all the time, he did become President of America after all :P, villains almost never infight when he is in charge,winning is all the motivation he needs.

He took the time to manipulate idiots..so he could become President. He's tried to unite all the villians..so he could call the shots and control what they do so they can serve him in whatever big plan he has in store for the world. He's traded with Mongul and Darkseid..so he can attain advanced technology and create business links with people in high places. He tolerates Bizarro..because he's his creation and an extremely powerful ally. Everything Lex does and puts effort into benefits him in some way. What does he have to gain from teaching a bunch of less than mediocre 10 year olds? Why should he give a damn about them? Why should he tolerate their immaturity? To win a superficial competition? Unlike Reed..Lex is not the kind of person to do things out of the goodness of his heart. Especially to a random assortment of kids he doesn't know and has no real reason to care anything about. I'd imagine he would think he's above something like this and let the kids goof off all class period while he focuses his time on more important matters.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

This aint no damn battle

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub: I dont think you know anything about Lex. Lex doesnt actually like anyone, but he is the best faker and best manipulator in comics. He is a super villain who was elected PRESIDENT (which with the last two presidents, I guess that isnt that hard to believe :P). Reed really is anti-social, he is basically a sociopath. Read Civil War, and you'll see Richards is more of a computer than an actual person.

Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Yeah George W Bush was Elected president. Soooo not to impressive of a feat for Lex. I've read a lot of issues with Lex I would hardly call him socially skilled person. Most people see through his facade.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Yeah George W Bush was Elected president. Soooo not to impressive of a feat for Lex. I've read a lot of issues with Lex I would hardly call him socially skilled person. Most people see through his facade.

Bush was awesome! We need more war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bluejay3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm...its been so long since I made this thread. Wonder if any one's opinion has changed on the matter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex takes this. Lex is a profesional BullSh!tter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister said:

Well..his people skills have led to him giving multiple eye-opening lectures on various subjects to collections of scientists, mathematicians, and general brainiacs across the world. Can't exactly wow people's minds if you can't speak well and confidently. And unlike Lex..he actually has experience teaching and interacting closely with children(albeit little geniuses but still). He has compassion and genuine interest in his students..two things that Lex can feign of course but with no ulterior motive that suits him I have my doubts of how much effort he would really put it into it. He could bribe them sure..but then again they're only 10/11 year olds. He'd still have to actually teach them the material..and I doubt he'd have the patience to deal with a bunch of immature children with below average intelligence.

Such as becoming President of USA.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bc436ce52fe
deactivated-60bc436ce52fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for sar_annihilator
SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points