For the rest of my battles, click here!

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MonsterStomp

Thor sends his Mjolnir to knock Norrin off his board. BOOM depowered, next!

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

SS stomps

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SS wins.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Silver Surfer.

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SS

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HOW!?

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor did have some pretty good feats in his solo movie; feats good enough to pit him against the likes of the Surfer. Breaking the Rainbow Bridge and plowing a whole through that giant Frost Best-thing comes to mind.

This might be a pretty good fight and I genuinely believe it could go either way.

thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thanobomb1124

Thor

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well SS blast shouldn't really hurt or effect Thor since he already has a really high durability. And he can just drain the attacks. If Silver Surfer tries to go intangible(which I don't see what he could do), Thor should be able to undo this by hitting him with lightning if he can actually think about that. But I'm not sure if he will....

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

thegreat4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By thegreat4u

Thor has better feats over all so I would go with Thor

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Could SS absorb all thors attacks? Also SS seems much faster.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No, the only way to knock Surfer off was a tachyon pulse. Any other way isn't knocking him off.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

No, the only way to knock Surfer off was a tachyon pulse. Any other way isn't knocking him off.

They only used a pulse because they had no other means of knocking him off and how do you know "Any other way isn't knocking him off"? Was every other way tried? Nope.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wardemon32

@norrinboltagonprime21:

He was knocked off his board at the end of the movie with his own blast. If he was to try and blast Thor and Thor absorbed it then he should be able to do the same.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

@monsterstomp said:

They only used a pulse because they had no other means of knocking him off and how do you know "Any other way isn't knocking him off"? Was every other way tried? Nope.

Thank you for just proving my point.

Physical force isn't knocking him off, he could easily phase through it like he did in the movie.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21:

He was knocked off his board at the end of the movie with his own blast. If he was to try and blast Thor and Thor absorbed it then he should be able to do the same.

He was off his board because he attempted to kill himself and Galactus, he wouldn't use this attack in a fight.

Movie Thor hasn't shown the ability to absorb energy like comic Thor.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

@monsterstomp said:

Physical force isn't knocking him off, he could easily phase through it like he did in the movie.

Physical force wasn't considered. Johnny, Sue, Thing and Reed didn't have the combined strength or flying capability to physically knock him off. And he has only shown to phase through inanimate objects.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Wardemon32

@norrinboltagonprime21:

He was off his board because he attempted to kill himself and Galactus, he wouldn't use this attack in a fight.

He didn't attempt to kill himself. He attempted to kill Galatus and he knew that a possibility of him dying was there, When he did that blast he knocked himself off the board. Now I'm saying if Thor could store up this energy and direct it to SS then he could knock him off his board. The blast doesn't necessarily have to be of that caliber just to knock him off his board.

He abosrbed the energy from teh Destroyer Armor which is Magical Energy. He's able to absorb energy. Why couyldn't you say the same for cosmic?

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

@monsterstomp said:

He didn't prove your point. He was just saying that THEY had no other means, it doesn't mean its not possible in general. He was knocked off by physical force(His blast) and that wasn't even a direct hit. And if Thor strikes him with lightning or electricity he isn't phasing.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

@monsterstomp said:

Physical force wasn't considered. Johnny, Sue, Thing and Reed didn't have the combined strength or flying capability to physically knock him off. And he has only shown to phase through inanimate objects.

Physical force wasn't considered because of his speed and ability to go intangible. Reed knew charging at him trying to knock him off with physical force wasn't going to work, thats he created the tachyon pulse.

There is no difference between phasing through people and inanimate objects. Besides, your point is mute because he already phased through people. Remember when Johnny was chasing him through the tunnel? He phased through a bus full of people.

@norrinboltagonprime21:

He didn't attempt to kill himself. He attempted to kill Galatus and he knew that a possibility of him dying was there, When he did that blast he knocked himself off the board. Now I'm saying if Thor could store up this energy and direct it to SS then he could knock him off his board. The blast doesn't necessarily have to be of that caliber just to knock him off his board.

He abosrbed the energy from teh Destroyer Armor which is Magical Energy. He's able to absorb energy. Why couyldn't you say the same for cosmic?

He has never shown the ability to absorb energy, he deflected it, big difference.

He did try to kill himself and Galactus. In the video at around 2:35-2:40, he specifically says "this is the end for us both" meaning suicide.

Loading Video...

@monsterstomp said:

@monsterstomp said:

He didn't prove your point. He was just saying that THEY had no other means, it doesn't mean its not possible in general. He was knocked off by physical force(His blast) and that wasn't even a direct hit. And if Thor strikes him with lightning or electricity he isn't phasing.

They had no means because it wasn't possible. What do you think they should've tried????

Please could you stop trolling, you are seriously trying to suggest that because Surfer was able to KO himself, that other people can KO Surfer the same way. Does this seriously make sense to you? Thor doesn't posses the same power, and Surfer isn't going to KO himself mid battle. You are so hellbent on trying to come up with any argument no matter how stupid it is, just to come up with a scenario to make him lose.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wardemon32

@norrinboltagonprime21:

Physical force wasn't considered because of his speed and ability to go intangible. Reed knew charging at him trying to knock him off with physical force wasn't going to work, thats he created the tachyon pulse.

There is no difference between phasing through people and inanimate objects. Besides, your point is mute because he already phased through people. Remember when Johnny was chasing him through the tunnel? He phased through a bus full of people.

Just because Reed couldn't do it, it doesn't mean others can't do it neither.

Loading Video...

2:11-2:13 is where he phases through the bus. He didn't touch anyone on that bus.

He has never shown the ability to absorb energy, he deflected it, big difference.

He did try to kill himself and Galactus. In the video at around 2:35-2:40, he specifically says "this is the end for us both" meaning suicide.

Alright I give you that one with the deflecting part. But he still can absorf. That what he did when he summoned the lightning. It went through Mjolnir and then he released it.

And he went in the battle saying "this is the end for both of us" meaning that he knew that there was a chance he was going to die. He went in trying to kill Galactus thinking that he was going to die also. It wasn't some intentional suicide where he was actually trying to kill himself.

They had no means because it wasn't possible. What do you think they should've tried????

Please could you stop trolling, you are seriously trying to suggest that because Surfer was able to KO himself, that other people can KO Surfer the same way. Does this seriously make sense to you? Thor doesn't posses the same power, and Surfer isn't going to KO himself mid battle. You are so hellbent on trying to come up with any argument no matter how stupid it is, just to come up with a scenario to make him lose.

No. Not the same way. I'm saying SS was shown to be capable of getting KOd and getting knocked off of his board by physical force.

I'm really searching for a facepalm to express how stupid I think you are but I think you should know.

When did I say Surfer was going to KO himself mid battle? I was saying that if Thor stores up enough energy then he could blast SS. You are so much of a fanboy to realize the stupid things you say.

What arguements have you actually made for SS?

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21:

Loading Video...

2:11-2:13 is where he phases through the bus. He didn't touch anyone on that bus.

Alright I give you that one with the deflecting part. But he still can absorf. That what he did when he summoned the lightning. It went through Mjolnir and then he released it.

And he went in the battle saying "this is the end for both of us" meaning that he knew that there was a chance he was going to die. He went in trying to kill Galactus thinking that he was going to die also. It wasn't some intentional suicide where he was actually trying to kill himself.

No. Not the same way. I'm saying SS was shown to be capable of getting KOd and getting knocked off of his board by physical force.

I'm really searching for a facepalm to express how stupid I think you are but I think you should know.

When did I say Surfer was going to KO himself mid battle? I was saying that if Thor stores up enough energy then he could blast SS. You are so much of a fanboy to realize the stupid things you say.

There is a mid-credits scene where it is shown that he didn't die.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Thor gets stomped.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21:

Loading Video...

Ok, but not like it matters. Phasing through people is the same as inanimate objects.

He summons lightning and directs it, thats his power. If he really possessed the power to absorb energy, he would've of done it against Iron Man, Destroyer, Loki, and the Chitari. He simply doesn't possess the power because he's never shown it, this shouldn't be arguable.

Ok, thanks for furthering my point.

Ugh, this argument doesn't make any sense. Surfer KOd himself, its nowhere near the same as being knocked off by physical force. Surfer released all his energy(or a bunch or it) to kill Galactus which ended up KOing himself. I really don't get how that equals physical force.

Not only are you getting flagged for trolling, you're getting flagged for insults.

Ooh, more insults.

None, I was trying to help correct an incorrect statement. And it led to this mess.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21: People are not inanimate objects and Silver Surfer doesn't have the reaction or durability to hang with Thor's destructive capabilities.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21: People are not inanimate objects and Silver Surfer doesn't have the reaction or durability to hang with Thor's destructive capabilities.

Can you explain what the difference between phasing through people and inanimate objects? I'm very curious.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

Can you explain what the difference between phasing through people and inanimate objects? I'm very curious.

Inanimate objects are non living objects that can't move.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

Surfer phased through a bus that was moving.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

@monsterstomp said:

No. Surfer phased through the metal and glass. The bus was moving, the metal can't move. If a bus stays still, it's not moving without an external force.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

@monsterstomp said:

No. Surfer phased through the metal and glass. The bus was moving, the metal can't move. If a bus stays still, it's not moving without an external force.

Actually the metal and glass were moving as well but whatever.

Ok but from a physics standpoint it doesn't matter whether the objects are alive or not because they are all matter when broken down. There is no difference in the states of matter of an inanimate object or a living person, phasing through both would require the same power. A wall and a person are both solids, they would require the same effort to phase through.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

@monsterstomp said:

@monsterstomp said:

Actually the metal and glass were moving as well but whatever.

Ok but from a physics standpoint it doesn't matter whether the objects are alive or not because they are all matter when broken down. There is no difference in the states of matter of an inanimate object or a living person, phasing through both would require the same power. A wall and a person are both solids, they would require the same effort to phase through.

People aren't completely solid. Agree to disagree.

Next we have Thor's lightning. SS had a reaction when Doom shocked him. Thor's lightning will do the job to put Norrin down.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21:

Personally, it doesn't matter to me neither. I actually think that he can phase through people, I was correcting you on something. Unless @monsterstomp can show us a character that can phase through objects and not people then I would take that into cnsideration. One thing I realzied though is that while Johnny was holding Dr. Doom while he was on the board and he couldn't move, he didn't bother phasing.

He summons lightning and directs it, thats his power. If he really possessed the power to absorb energy, he would've of done it against Iron Man, Destroyer, Loki, and the Chitari. He simply doesn't possess the power because he's never shown it, this shouldn't be arguable.

But isn't one of his powers absorbing energy? Which is what he did right there when he was fighting Iron-Man. And I simply call that PIS but you could take it however you like. Just ebcause he doesn't do it all the time, it doesn't mean he isn't capable of doing it. Comics Thor could do the same but he doesn't really do it all the time.

I'm not entirely sure if he was just abosrbing, deflecting, or both. You see, if he was actually just deflecting then there then the blast would haev spewed out in another direction. Only some of it did so some of it had to be going in his hammer.

He never really fought Loki.

He did it while he was fighting Iron-Man. The blast from Iron-Man may have been too fast(But before you say anything, Sivler Surfers blast was much slower)

Chitari. Well if you watch the movie again Thor wasn't really shot at much.

Ok, thanks for furthering my point.

no. You're saying it as if its an intentional suicide. Like he TRIED to kill himself. I'm saying it wasn't meant ot be intentionaly, but he did see it as a possibility.

Ugh, this argument doesn't make any sense. Surfer KOd himself, its nowhere near the same as being knocked off by physical force. Surfer released all his energy(or a bunch or it) to kill Galactus which ended up KOing himself. I really don't get how that equals physical force.

That blast is physical force. I don't see how thats not physical force.

Not only are you getting flagged for trolling, you're getting flagged for insults.

Don't care much but okay. But how exactly am I trolling? Because I havea different view point? Oh. K.

Ooh, more insults.

YAY! I just earned another flag! Wowzerz! You call my arugemnt stupid and it's not an insult. I call yours stupid and its an insult. That makes perfect sense.

None, I was trying to help correct an incorrect statement. And it led to this mess.

You not proving anything?

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#37  Edited By Spideysense44

this thread is really interesting :o

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By MasterKungFu

Movie Thor had better feats. TDW was awesome.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can the hammer tag someone intangible?

I doubt it. Only intangible character in MCU is Vision, as far as I know.

Norrin takes this.

ShaoKahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jobber surfer wins

Super_Mod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU Thor beats up on movie Surfer just like he does in the comics.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Surfer. Faster, more mobile and can turn intangible. He does to Thor what he did to Jonny; flies him into space and suffocates him.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Norrin wins IMO.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_mod: silver surfer has owned the avengers plus Thor with a warning blast,IMO!

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_mod: silver surfer has owned the avengers plus Thor with a warning blast,IMO!

So...cinematic movie versions?

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol!

Avatar image for the_knight_rhoden
The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given his latest feats across all his films, Thor undoubtedly hits more than hard enough to knock Surfer off his board.

Can't remember much about the old F4 movie, but what offensive feats did Surfer display?

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I swear Silver Surfer has very few feats and the only reason people consider him among the top in MCU (or DCU for that matter) is because of his status in comics