jom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By jom
@god_spawn
WHAT!!! I watched the Thor movie last April...You can even download the movie.
RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By RisingBean
@lordraiden: I didn't keep track of how many the warriors 3 and SIf took out, or how many compared to Thor. However they were killing them just the same as Thor was. If they can do that then it makes the point that the Frost giants were not really all that powerful.  Sure one of them finally hit Fandril and hurt him, but you have to ask if Fandril is up to Thor's calibur of power and durability. Would Thor get injured and need to be carried out? Doubtful.  

I could see the Hulk smashing frost giants and even the large creature. It might take longer when he doesn't have Mjolnir to toss through it's skull, but that isn't the point. The point was that the frost giants were not really all that badass.
King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By King Quisling

I like to believe we've yet too see Marvel Studios Hulk at his full potential. I'll give my answer after The Avengers is released.

ShiZZmAhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By ShiZZmAhh

thor takes it.  im not sure if hulk has the durability to deal with the damage thor was dishing out.

Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Obtrusive

Hulk, but it is sad that gamma bomb accident is greater than god hood.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By isaac_clarke

Thor still stomps, the Hulk doesn't have close to the versatility, striking power or just overall ability shown by Thor in his 2008 film.

Maikel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Maikel

Somehow this reminds me of the 1988 movie battle, and I think the "modern" fight would have thesame outcome, be it more spectacular(Hulk takes a direct hit from mjolnir, is dazed, rushes Thor and throws him through the nearest solid object), ofcourse both character here were powered down so that they could be played by normal humans, and the Thor character never claims to be the authentic god of thunder.

Avatar image for curbsideprophet
CurbsideProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By CurbsideProphet
@czarny_samael
Black Heimdall was awesome.
CurbsideProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By CurbsideProphet

Thor should win, because he was awesomer in his movie(and always, In My Opinion). But in Avengers, he'll probably get beat up because Hulk is like his kryptonite. Whenever they're around each other, Thor most always gets toned down.

rightprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By rightprice

I think it'll be much like the fight in the Marvel Ultimate Avengers animated movie between the Avengers and the Hulk, just with a different cause.

Avatar image for asgardianxeno929
AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CurbsideProphet said: 
Thor should win, because he was awesomer in his movie(and always, In My Opinion). But in Avengers, he'll probably get beat up because Hulk is like his kryptonite. Whenever they're around each other, Thor most always gets toned down 
:O  I dont know why I never noticed that connection, Thor is like Marvel's Superman (Most powerful of each U, holds back, etc.) and while Supes' actual weakness is is a green rock (kryptonite) Thor's weakness is a green giant (Hulk), maybe there is a connection. I lost what i was going to say next, but it was gunna be revolutionary!   :(
CurbsideProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By CurbsideProphet
@AsgardianXeno929 said:
@CurbsideProphet said: 
Thor should win, because he was awesomer in his movie(and always, In My Opinion). But in Avengers, he'll probably get beat up because Hulk is like his kryptonite. Whenever they're around each other, Thor most always gets toned down 
:O  I dont know why I never noticed that connection, Thor is like Marvel's Superman (Most powerful of each U, holds back, etc.) and while Supes' actual weakness is is a green rock (kryptonite) Thor's weakness is a green giant (Hulk), maybe there is a connection. I lost what i was going to say next, but it was gunna be revolutionary!   :(
Well let me know when you find out. We could write a 200 page thesis.
Avatar image for asgardianxeno929
AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CurbsideProphet said:
@AsgardianXeno929 said:
@CurbsideProphet said: 
Well let me know when you find out. We could write a 200 page thesis.
Oh yeaaah!!!
Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor was much closer to his comic self in physical power than the hulk has ever been. 

They always tone down superheros in movies. I think mostly because a fist fight between hulk and abomination would have taken hours, not the last 5 minutes they had time for, so they wrap things up nice and sweet by nerfing the hell out of durability. And frankly, 2008 hulk never did anything strength-wise that i don't think spiderman could do. Could spiderman hold half a car in each hand? Yes. Could spiderman throw a fork lift? Yes. (Yes he took out abomination, but that abomination was just as scaled down as hulk was.) 

Because movie-thor was closer to his comic self, he is vastly more powerful than any marvel cheracter so far put on screen. (Except silver surfer). I actually thought they would have a hard time with him in the movie next to ironman and hulk as it looked like he could solve any problem the team had. Too much of a deuce machina for the world built by hulk and stark franchises. 

They will either have to nerf thor, take him out of commission (like they did with professor X) or juice hulk and ironman to make them team-mate worthy. 

Movie thor stomps movie hulk. (both 2008 and 2003 versions)
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By difficlus
@Fortified_Hooligan said:
Thor was much closer to his comic self in physical power than the hulk has ever been.  They always tone down superheros in movies. I think mostly because a fist fight between hulk and abomination would have taken hours, not the last 5 minutes they had time for, so they wrap things up nice and sweet by nerfing the hell out of durability. And frankly, 2008 hulk never did anything strength-wise that i don't think spiderman could do. Could spiderman hold half a car in each hand? Yes. Could spiderman throw a fork lift? Yes. (Yes he took out abomination, but that abomination was just as scaled down as hulk was.)   Because movie-thor was closer to his comic self, he is vastly more powerful than any marvel cheracter so far put on screen. (Except silver surfer). I actually thought they would have a hard time with him in the movie next to ironman and hulk as it looked like he could solve any problem the team had. Too much of a deuce machina for the world built by hulk and stark franchises.  They will either have to nerf thor, take him out of commission (like they did with professor X) or juice hulk and ironman to make them team-mate worthy.  Movie thor stomps movie hulk. (both 2008 and 2003 versions)
i agree, while Movie thor is IMO still far from his comic counterpart, its closer than other superheroes on screen apart from SS. 
CurbsideProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By CurbsideProphet
@Fortified_Hooligan said:
  he is vastly more powerful than any marvel cheracter so far put on screen. (Except silver surfer). 

Yes, even surfer. They made that excuse that he had to be in contact with his board to use his powers.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By progenitorigin

Thor would take this, and he would enjoy every moment.  Some people just don't realize the elemental powers Thor could use.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I honestly think thor could take either movie hulk.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I knew this would be bumped after the Avengers movie...and after seeing it...I'd say they were pretty evenly matched.

Harddrivexxii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Harddrivexxii

Thor - "Your big ... fought BIGGER!"

Thor vs Hulk was a highlight of the movie - Thor seemed to be enjoying himself ...

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor and Hulk were about even in the movie, so I'll go with stalemate.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By jeanroygrant

Movie Hulk.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@venomoushatred1001:  

Ditto, although, I have to admit, if Thor were to hit Hulk with one of those God blast lightning bolts like he did to those ships in the movie...I don't see Hulk getting up from that
Nessy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Nessy

saw the movie twice, seems like thor is supposed to be a lot more powerful overall, and I don't think that we've seen the upper ends of his power so far at all. He hasn't been injured yet really...

Even when they were fighting each other the hulk was angry and going all out, and Thor seemed to be at least holding his own while still limited by his morals. Neither took any real damage but the difference is that the hulk was trying to do some real damage.

@The Stegman said:

@venomoushatred1001:

Ditto, although, I have to admit, if Thor were to hit Hulk with one of those God blast lightning bolts like he did to those ships in the movie...I don't see Hulk getting up from that

Also don't think he used a god blast

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Nessy:  

@The Stegman said:

@venomoushatred1001:

Also don't think he used a god blast 

Not a god blast as in the ones he does in the comics, but rather that really really big lightning bolt he charged up at the end to help take down the larger ship.
KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#126  Edited By KainScion

@The Stegman: true but hulk punched one of those big ship to pieces without almost no wind-up. thats gotta give hulk some major feat points.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@KainScion: Very true, that and he was taking out many of the smaller ships quite easily, which is why I'm leaning toward a draw...I would have liked to see there battle drawn out more >_<
Nessy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Nessy

@KainScion said:

@The Stegman: true but hulk punched one of those big ship to pieces without almost no wind-up. thats gotta give hulk some major feat points.

thor kills multiple of them instantly on their way in through the portal

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Postacrat

After seeing The Avengers film, I once again and for all have to go with Hulk! He was portrayed in that film as the obvious big gun and the biggest threat. Most of the heroes didn't even fear Thor and were willing to take him on despite being outclassed by him in every way, but the mere sight of the Hulk shook them all up. Also Thor had a bit of a struggle with Loki that's what I would call even, Hulk just grabbed loki and slammed him around like he was trying to put out a fire with pure ease...Then called him a puny God lol...classic

supercharger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By supercharger

I'd say Thor. Couldnt Thor just teleport Hulk into the sun? I'd say so and thats what gives Thor the win.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By 80sBaby

This fight goes just like it does in the comics. Hulk is physically superior but Thor has more versatility and, if using all his powers, can win. Stalemate is the correct answer, imo.

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Om4zd

Did anyone one else feel as if they powered Thor down in Avengers? In Thor he flies through that massive creature and deflects the Destroyer's laser and destroys it. But then Iron Man isn't being hurt much by Mjolnir? Iron vs enchanted Uru? Hmmm. I think Thor from his movie would beat all Hulk movie versions though.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#133  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Om4zd:

To be fair, Tony was accidentally upgraded by Thor's lightning. The other hits landed because they took Thor by surprise.

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By steelhound56

Iron Man's suit is made of a gold titanium alloy, and likely has other advanced durable metal in the suit. Iron Man used some unconventional moves in his fight with Thor in order to avoid being hit by Mjolnir. That, and the nature of the armor's power source enabled Tony to absorb Thor's lightning attack and fire it back at him. Thor was shown beginning to crush Iron Man's gauntlets with his bare hands, and if the fight had persisted, Thor would have beaten him quite handily.

Thor never showed any real signs of tiring or injury, aside from Hulk drawing blood with a single punch, and Loki suckerstabbing him with an Asgardian dagger.

I'd say it ends in a stalemate. Hulk's physically stronger, a has a slight edge in durability. But Thor is more versatile, and the more experienced combatant

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel Thor was indeed powered down in the movie. Or, at the very least, wisely prevented from stealing the show. They didn't want the audience feeling too comfortable by his mere presence. The threat still needed to feel palpable and the presence of the other Avengers needed. Thor 'Supermaning' himself left right and center would have taken too much of an edge off.

Hulk definitely displayed a more powerful physical presence overall IMO. However, important to remember that the containment unit that was made to contain Hulk was fairly easily punched through when Thor was given the brief respite to do so. Again, Hulk impressed me more ... but I do feel Thor was displayed as 'holding back' during their brief scuffle to avoid too much collateral to the hellicarier, and keep civilians safe whilst respecting that Hulk was meant to be an ally after all was said and done... great damn movie!!

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Om4zd

Yeh I get your points. T'was a great damn movie indeed! Those who dare might say mighty. The mightiest of them ALL! lmao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(sigh) Hulk was beating the crap out of thor in avengers, if I remember correctly, thor got like 3 hits in, then hulk got pissed and tossed thor around like a doll. Don't try to say thor was holding back; if he was, he wouldnt've grabbed his hammer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And I don't know why everyone is saying thor would've beaten iron man, their fight wasn't getting anywhere.

troller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By troller

HULK SOLOS

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#140  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Not really sure why most people regard this fight as a fight of equals. While the majority of their fight occurred off screen, Hulk seemed to be able to handle Thor just fine.
troller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By troller

@Morpheus_ said:

Not really sure why most people regard this fight as a fight of equals. While the majority of their fight occurred off screen, Hulk seemed to be able to handle Thor just fine.

THIS MAN IS A GENIUS

KevJoge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By KevJoge

I think it would be stalemate but just one persons opinion. Great movie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with Morpheus.

Primarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Primarch

Anybody who thinks Thor wasn't holding back in the fight against Hulk wasn't paying attention, he was clearly trying to reason with him and containing a situation. Hulk was doing his Hulk thing and rampaging, the fight was set up so Thor couldn't use his full power set (lightning/flight), he dodged more attacks and the blows he landed were hitting Hulk just as hard as Hulk was hitting him. Hulk had advantage by the end, sure, but Thor came out better. Hulk could use every tool at his disposal, Thor couldn't. If you want to call that a Hulk victory, its a pretty hollow victory.

In the fight at the end, Thor was much more impressive. He took down more of the giant things, his lightning was dropping them like flies and when Hulk was pinned to the ground by the fliers and rendered out of the fight for a few minutes Thor was still going strong and fighting alongside Cap. Every time Thor fought Loki he was trying to reason with him and after Loki stabbed Thor, Thor just tossed him on the ground and forced him to run.

Thor came out more impressive in his film and he came out more impressive in Avengers. Thor takes it.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#145  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Morpheus_ said:

To be fair, Hulk was trying to kill Thor while Thor was trying to simply stop Hulk.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By progenitorigin

@Primarch said:

Anybody who thinks Thor wasn't holding back in the fight against Hulk wasn't paying attention, he was clearly trying to reason with him and containing a situation. Hulk was doing his Hulk thing and rampaging, the fight was set up so Thor couldn't use his full power set (lightning/flight), he dodged more attacks and the blows he landed were hitting Hulk just as hard as Hulk was hitting him. Hulk had advantage by the end, sure, but Thor came out better. Hulk could use every tool at his disposal, Thor couldn't. If you want to call that a Hulk victory, its a pretty hollow victory.

In the fight at the end, Thor was much more impressive. He took down more of the giant things, his lightning was dropping them like flies and when Hulk was pinned to the ground by the fliers and rendered out of the fight for a few minutes Thor was still going strong and fighting alongside Cap. Every time Thor fought Loki he was trying to reason with him and after Loki stabbed Thor, Thor just tossed him on the ground and forced him to run.

Thor came out more impressive in his film and he came out more impressive in Avengers. Thor takes it.

I concur.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Greendevil Don't be too sure. Movie superman would easily beat thor. He could probably beat hulk and thor at the same time.

Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thor

ThatThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By ThatThorFan

Thor can fly and cause tornadoes.

Thor

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Tony_Shark

Hulk is just OP in that movie. You only really see him get "hurt" once, when all the ships attacked him.