TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheBatman586

VS

The movie version of Thor has to fight every single witch and wizard that is in present-day Hogwarts. The fight takes place in the Quidditch Pitch. Hogwarts gets one hour of prep to gather together any magical creatures to assist them. Morals are off.
Who wins?
Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Phylos

wouldnt all those killing curses...you know...kill him?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Saren
@Phylos said:
wouldnt all those killing curses...you know...kill him?
notageek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By notageek

erm i think thor would win cuz he must have some protection against all the curses(including avada kedavra) because of his invulnerability
remember hagrid couldnt be stunned by stupify?

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Phylos
@notageek said:
erm i think thor would win cuz he must have some protection against all the curses(including avada kedavra) because of his invulnerability remember hagrid couldnt be stunned by stupify?

due to his giants blood if im not mistaken, thor isnt a giant & doesnt have giants blood. although thor may have resistance, i just dont see him surviving that onslaught of magic the whole student/staff will be using.
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#6  Edited By Deadcool

Thor, Do you guys remember how fast do he killed all those Ice Giants in the movie, I mean, that was fast...
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Killemall

Thor in the movie defeated Destroyer with ease?? when has he done so in the comics??  
@Deadcool: I say thor too buddy! 

Seth_Olympia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Seth_Olympia
@Killemall said:

Thor in the movie defeated Destroyer with ease?? when has he done so in the comics??  
@Deadcool: I say thor too buddy! 

Thor in the movie could be said to be equal to comic Thor(Something we nearly never see in movies).
GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By GT-Man

Thor I'm not going to explain why cause he like hulk he kicks utt
Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By saiyan_earthling

Thor, cause he's the God of Thunder.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Killemall
@Seth_Olympia: Has thor in normal form ever defeated the Destroyer armor with such ease? sorry buddy i am not calling you out, just an honest enquiry.. because from what i know (which is kinda limited to few odd comics) thor hasnt defeated Destroyer armor, let alone with ease. 
Seth_Olympia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Seth_Olympia
@Killemall: He tore Doctor Doom apart when he wore it.
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Deadcool

@Killemall

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Killemall
@Seth_Olympia: oh he has.. ok see i didnt know :)  
still that changes little ... its a GOD vs few wizards :) gods always tend to win.. 
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Killemall
@Deadcool
No Caption Provided
bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By bumnut
@Killemall said:
@Seth_Olympia: Has thor in normal form ever defeated the Destroyer armor with such ease? sorry buddy i am not calling you out, just an honest enquiry.. because from what i know (which is kinda limited to few odd comics) thor hasnt defeated Destroyer armor, let alone with ease. 
um, can you define 'normal form' for me, please?? You mean without his hammer? Powers?
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Killemall
@bumnut: oh i meant normal thor as in THOR himself, not the rune king thor, nor the untimate thor, not the made in china with minor upgrade thor.. man there are like 4 versions of thor.. :) so yeah normal thor (i know it sounds weird but couldnt help..sorry)
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Deadcool
@Killemall

Normal Thor 

Current Thor from the Universe 616 without updates :D... 
Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie Thor is not a god in the classical sense. He's a member of an alien race with "technology suffieciently advanced it appears to be magic". 

Without his armor and Mjiolnir, he was as vulnerable as a regular human. It was his gear which imbues him with the power of a "god". 

That said, if we are putting movie thor in the same world as hogwarts, and we take into account thor's statement that "
your ancestors called it magic. you call it science. Where i' m from, they are one and the same."  Then it seems reasonable that Thor's hammer or other gear might stand up to magical attacks.  

Could mjolnir deflect the death curse? maybe.  

Thor wouldn't want to stand in the middle of the field and try to destroy them all at once. Well... he might WANT to, but that isn't a good idea. He is capable of flight where most witches and wizards aren't without a broom. So, he should jump out of the arena and then work his way back in. 

i am pretty confident he could handle any few dozen of these guys by himself. Hundreds and hundreds all nuking one area would be hard for anybody to take.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By slimj87d

There's no evidence as to what the Harry Potter spells could do so someone as magically powerful as Thor is. Those spells could just tickle him. Who knows, those spells might be made to only effect human physiology.  

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By slimj87d
@Fortified_Hooligan said:
Movie Thor is not a god in the classical sense. He's a member of an alien race with "technology suffieciently advanced it appears to be magic".  Without his armor and Mjiolnir, he was as vulnerable as a regular human. It was his gear which imbues him with the power of a "god".  That said, if we are putting movie thor in the same world as hogwarts, and we take into account thor's statement that "your ancestors called it magic. you call it science. Where i' m from, they are one and the same."  Then it seems reasonable that Thor's hammer or other gear might stand up to magical attacks.   Could mjolnir deflect the death curse? maybe.   Thor wouldn't want to stand in the middle of the field and try to destroy them all at once. Well... he might WANT to, but that isn't a good idea. He is capable of flight where most witches and wizards aren't without a broom. So, he should jump out of the arena and then work his way back in.  i am pretty confident he could handle any few dozen of these guys by himself. Hundreds and hundreds all nuking one area would be hard for anybody to take.
Is this an assumption or do you have proof?
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By progenitorigin

I go with Thor.
SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By SpidermanWins

Hogwarts probably

BattleHeiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BattleHeiz
@SlimJ87D said:
Movie Thor is not a god in the classical sense. He's a member of an alien race with "technology suffieciently advanced it appears to be magic".  Without his armor and Mjiolnir, he was as vulnerable as a regular human. It was his gear which imbues him with the power of a "god".  That said, if we are putting movie thor in the same world as hogwarts, and we take into account thor's statement that "your ancestors called it magic. you call it science. Where i' m from, they are one and the same."  Then it seems reasonable that Thor's hammer or other gear might stand up to magical attacks.   Could mjolnir deflect the death curse? maybe.   Thor wouldn't want to stand in the middle of the field and try to destroy them all at once. Well... he might WANT to, but that isn't a good idea. He is capable of flight where most witches and wizards aren't without a broom. So, he should jump out of the arena and then work his way back in.  i am pretty confident he could handle any few dozen of these guys by himself. Hundreds and hundreds all nuking one area would be hard for anybody to take.
Is this an assumption or do you have proof?
Well even in comics it was proved that they are alien race but still they were able to fight magical beings such as mephisto without any trouble
Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Aqua11500
@SlimJ87D said:
There's no evidence as to what the Harry Potter spells could do so someone as magically powerful as Thor is. Those spells could just tickle him. Who knows, those spells might be made to only effect human physiology.  
 Theres no evidence that someone could put an enchantment or a spell to stop movie Thor's Hammer.He's outnumbered by powerful Wizards,Witches and Warlocks.People need to stop overrating movie Thor, because he didn't do much but get his as s kicked by Loki and suck destroyer up in a funnel -_- 

If it was maybe 3 wizards like Harmione,Harry and Ron..that'd be more debatable. 
Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Phylos
@Aqua11500 said:
@SlimJ87D said:
 Theres no evidence that someone could put an enchantment or a spell to stop movie Thor's Hammer.He's outnumbered by powerful Wizards,Witches and Warlocks.People need to stop overrating movie Thor, because he didn't do much but get his as s kicked by Loki and suck destroyer up in a funnel -_-  

respect :D
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saiyan_earthling said:
Thor, cause he's the God of Thunder.

QFT.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By slimj87d
@Aqua11500 said:
@SlimJ87D said:
 Theres no evidence that someone could put an enchantment or a spell to stop movie Thor's Hammer.He's outnumbered by powerful Wizards,Witches and Warlocks.People need to stop overrating movie Thor, because he didn't do much but get his as s kicked by Loki and suck destroyer up in a funnel -_-  If it was maybe 3 wizards like Harmione,Harry and Ron..that'd be more debatable. 
When did Loki do anything to Thor not amped? He had the spear. 
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By isaac_clarke
@SlimJ87D said:
Movie Thor is just an alien, which by itself as you mentioned could make spells not effective against him, especially death spells due to his longevity.  
He's literally thousands of years old by the time the movie kicks off, tough seeing a spell that normally puts down a bunch people that at best like 100's of years versus someone that may live indefinitely. 

Regardless Hogwarts won't get that chance if Thor actually bothers to use his full power strike, which would level the entire school killing most of them easily. 

@Fortified_Hooligan
said:
That is partly because at the time he was human. After his seemingly death, a strike of thunder when Mjonir comes to his hand completely heals him and gives him back his power. In the Avengers film it seems that he will have quite a few scenes without packing his fully armored approach to boot.
There isn't enough information about the technology of Asgard to know if his armor gives him his power and strength, as these guys are running around in robes and if Thor / Loki and regular Frost Giants are any indication, capable of living for thousands of years barely aging.
Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Phylos

the OP also stated that they have an hour to get magical creatures, i see dragons taking flight in this fight, centaurs & whatever the hell else is the forest lol.

Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Aqua11500
@SlimJ87D

When did Loki do anything to Thor not amped? He had the spear. 

That's just it,Thor fought Loki with his hammer,being as how in the comics Thor is physically superior to his brother,so wit that being said Thor gets put down by a lethal spell ,and BTW movie Thor hasn't shown any resistance against direct Magic attacks.  

@isaac_clarke

Movie Thor is just an alien, which by itself as you mentioned could make spells not effective against him, especially death spells due to his longevity.  
He's literally thousands of years old by the time the movie kicks off, tough seeing a spell that normally puts down a bunch people that at best like 100's of years versus someone that may live indefinitely. 

Regardless Hogwarts won't get that chance if Thor actually bothers to use his full power strike, which would level the entire school killing most of them easily.   

The problem with this is that its theory,you assume it would just tickle him,you don't know that for sure.What does longevity have do with it?? Even if Thor was a billion years old,the point of the spell is that it kills.Thor can go on living forever,but if someone kills him then he's gone.That's the thing about Gods,they can live forever,but if someone directly attacks them and have the ability to put the down,they can still die. 

He's levels he school full of children??? 

Not in character,but if bloodlust... 
 Wizards can erect magic force fields, whose to say they would get smashed? That's assuming he levels the school
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Killemall
@isaac_clarke: I agree to everything.. beside your the Galactus :)  .. How long do you think movie thor would last against u?? ;)
gavinification

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By gavinification

What makes anyone think that anyone in hogwarts would use the killing curse?

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Phylos
@gavinification said:
What makes anyone think that anyone in hogwarts would use the killing curse?
they have one hour of prep, it may not be long but they know there taking on a god, rest assure there will be many attempts at trying to use them.  question though, in the series did they ever talk about gods or anything closely related in power? i havent read the books in years & i stopped reading in the middle of order of the phoenix when it came out. 
gavinification

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By gavinification
@Phylos: I dont think they did. 
The prep doesnt make a difference. They never use the killing curse in the books or movies so why would they in this?
ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ms__omega
@Killemall said:
@Deadcool
No Caption Provided
lol cute :)
odinswrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By odinswrath

GLORIOUS SLAUGHTER. THE THUNDER GOD SHALL HAVE A THOUSAND HEADS OF TROPHY UNWORTHY OF HIS MIGHTY HALL IN ASGAARD. 

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Phylos
@gavinification said:
@Phylos: I dont think they did. The prep doesnt make a difference. They never use the killing curse in the books or movies so why would they in this?
its the threat level that he's bringing, when somethings trying to take you out for good what do you? try to take it out as well. & whats a for sure way? the killing curse, along with every other curse thats in the potter universe. theres all sorts of avenues the school could take, spells, potions, creatures. im not doubting that some students/teachers will die, but there not going down without a fight either. 
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the OP states that morals are off. 

mad-eye was teaching the killing curse to a bunch of kids. So, it seems to reason that everybody has easy access to learning that curse. no morals, means they would probably start the fight with that spell. Why bother with something less effective if you are out to kill? and that is what no morals implies. 

Thor was basically at human levels when Odin stripped him of his gear. Odin thrusts out his hand "I strip you of your power!" and peices of gear come off as he says each line. 

It seemed implied to me that every peice of his gear was boosting him. 

Also, Thor, as the golden boy, was getting the best gear. The warriors three had their own gear, and loki had his as well. Lesser gear, to be sure, for less powerful characters.  

Thor was getting the best of everything because he was Odin's favorite. 

Longevity, strength, speed, everything it was implied, came from their tech. 

That's why when Odin stripped him of all his gear Thor was mortal. He was restrained by a bunch of orderlies, subdued by a chem injection etc.. 
Sure, he still kicked ass as a human, because he's had the life experiences of thor, but he was not going to live like an immortal without the support of his culture. 

frost Giants and Destroyer armor were nerfed for the movie. It happens. Hulk isn't hardly a fraction of himself in the movies. Destroying the destroyer in the movie is NOT the same thing as taking out the Destroyer in comic continuity. 

I don't think Thor has anythign to fear from the creatrues that hogwarts could round up. Trolls, giants, dragons, none of them wield the same kind of physical power that Thor has at his disposal. He would really have to watch out for the more experienced magic users of the school itself.
gavinification

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By gavinification
@Phylos: They didnt use them when voldemort and his death eaters attacked (well not in the books that i remember and i havent seen the movie so that might be different) 
Im sure that they would throw all kinds of curses and potions and monsters but they wouldnt use the killing curse. They wouldnt want to split their soul and other such nonsense.
Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Blood_guts
@odinswrath said:
GLORIOUS SLAUGHTER. THE THUNDER GOD SHALL HAVE A THOUSAND HEADS OF TROPHY UNWORTHY OF HIS MIGHTY HALL IN ASGAARD. 
INDEED BROTHER THOR WILL BE MOST VICTORIOUS IN HIS CONQUEST 

on a serious note though why would a killing curse work on a god? besides couldn't thor just use tornadoes and lightning to completely destroy the structural integrity of the school?
Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jezer

It's almost impossible to judge this battle. 

However, someone said that Movie Thor's magic is just advance tech that looks like magic? 
 If that's true, then the fact that nonmagical technology isn't supposed to work at Hogwarts may make this a win for the wizarding community.
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No morals, as stated in the OP, means a cheracter is going for the kill... 

Regardless of whether or not aunt may would ever really try to kill anybody, when it is stipulated in the opening post that aunt may is going with no morals, or blood lusted, then she is going to do whatever it takes, including cheating, backstabbing, and whatever else she could possibly do, to win.  

it's like asking you to consider what a cheracter COULD do, if they they were not holding back because of their world view. 

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Phylos
the OP states that morals are off.  mad-eye was teaching the killing curse to a bunch of kids. So, it seems to reason that everybody has easy access to learning that curse. no morals, means they would probably start the fight with that spell. Why bother with something less effective if you are out to kill? and that is what no morals implies.  Thor was basically at human levels when Odin stripped him of his gear. Odin thrusts out his hand "I strip you of your power!" and peices of gear come off as he says each line.  It seemed implied to me that every peice of his gear was boosting him.  Also, Thor, as the golden boy, was getting the best gear. The warriors three had their own gear, and loki had his as well. Lesser gear, to be sure, for less powerful characters.   Thor was getting the best of everything because he was Odin's favorite.  Longevity, strength, speed, everything it was implied, came from their tech.  That's why when Odin stripped him of all his gear Thor was mortal. He was restrained by a bunch of orderlies, subdued by a chem injection etc.. Sure, he still kicked ass as a human, because he's had the life experiences of thor, but he was not going to live like an immortal without the support of his culture.  frost Giants and Destroyer armor were nerfed for the movie. It happens. Hulk isn't hardly a fraction of himself in the movies. Destroying the destroyer in the movie is NOT the same thing as taking out the Destroyer in comic continuity.  I don't think Thor has anythign to fear from the creatrues that hogwarts could round up. Trolls, giants, dragons, none of them wield the same kind of physical power that Thor has at his disposal. He would really have to watch out for the more experienced magic users of the school itself.
sounds about right. & since morals are off like the OP stated, the students wont care about ruining there soul like gravinication said. if all students & staff attack all at once with the killing curse, that should be the equivalent of death shaking thors hand lol.
bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By bigcimmerian

Are you kidding me? If morals are off Thor would just destroy entire Earth! End of story.

GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By GTG12

thor i think
gavinification

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By gavinification

Ah right i didnt notice that morals were off.  
That makes it a closer fight but i would still give it to thor.

Blood_guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Blood_guts

you know he could use siege tactics too. if thor grabbed a few snacks from the forest he could just sit out there until the nontrained students foolishly eat all of their nonrationed food. also is this versus the school or every living creature inside? because he could most certainly destroy the school itself with or without whiny kids inside.

spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#49  Edited By spystreak

Yhor kills them then God sends them to Hell for practicing withcraft :P
Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Phylos
@Blood_guts said:
you know he could use siege tactics too. if thor grabbed a few snacks from the forest he could just sit out there until the nontrained students foolishly eat all of their nonrationed food. also is this versus the school or every living creature inside? because he could most certainly destroy the school itself with or without whiny kids inside.
the battle takes place in the quidditch field though, so destroying the school wouldnt really matter, unless it would send some type of upheaval of magical energy that disrupts shit around them haha. isnt the school, like, you know, alive in some weird way? if so, im sure it has its resistances to damage.