DarkGen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i've seen many people just trashing the good old doc

let me just specify some feats here about movie Doc Manhattan

1.he can multiply himself (every clone has same set of powers , 10 clones meaning X10 Power of manhattan)

he demonstrated that in the movie when he sent each of his clones for suck energy from the bombs he built for veidt

2.he is basically unkillable and the reason for that being he doesn't exist as a physical form (he was dissolved to sub atomic particles by veidt and he reformed him self 500 times bigger in size smashing through the entire pyramid faster then you can change your socks)

3.there's nothing faster then this guy, he witnessed events so fast and so tiny they could barely be said to have happened

4.that guy fucking created life

5.he can dissolve anything to sub-atomic particles and unless that thing knows how to rebuild itself its pretty much dust, thing is as i said above

if he can as 1 manhattan blow up and entire city then he can clone himself 500 times as the giganticoid manhattan and basically has 500 times more power.

6.and lastly i hate when people trash him saying he cant blow up stuff larger then humans , well in the ending to the movie he made a 10,000 feet deep hole in every big city in the world , considering he multiplies himself enough times he might as well frat the entire universe which he actually have no limits to his powers (and yes they were bombs but bare in mind the bombs were doc manhattans energy which by the movie just vaporizes everything)

7. and finally he can just teleport to where ever his wishes

and please if you want to object tell me why in a nice way iam just trying to clear some stuff up not start a flame war

Dr.Manhattan is much like solar he has no limit to how much he can grow himself up only the doc can also multiply himself giving him the upper hand and another feat is that he cannot be killed because he has no physical form (his physical form is just something he built to give himself a shape but as he demonstrated in the movie he might as well make himself 50 lightyears taller and larger in size XD

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain atom as the monarch

DarkGen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@russellmania77: The doc might as well reform him into a nice little butterfly (he turned water into gold so yeah... :D)

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some admin needs to ban Dr. Manhattan threads.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By russellmania77

@darkgen: monarch has turned gold into silver. He can also blow up the whole universe

DarkGen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DarkGen
SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SheenLantern

@darkgen: Because people like you are pretending he is some kind of god among superhoes, even though he is just a weaker version of Captain Atom.

DarkGen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: i pretend? watch the movie i can supply you with scene and info from IMDB as well , unlike cap atom manhattan is able to see events that are arguably have ever happened since they are so tiny and fast so basically he's faster then flash and unlike cap atom (dont kill me if iam wrong about cap) doc can multiply himself as much as he wants and each clone as big as he wants he turned water into gold so he can turn the sun into a nice piece of pie and cap atom into a nice little cherry

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkgen: Uh, dude, you've only watched the movie..?

Riiight, I've seen every version of the movie, every comic the movie is based on and ever sequel to the comic that the movie is based on.

"he's faster then flash"

You've just lost what little credibility you had left.

DarkGen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: sorry for not being master nerdboy , i watched the 4 hours version with all of the scenes and learned some about the comics , now in the comics his powers arnt as strong becasue aliens are the enemy not manhattan himself , in the movie however veidt harnesses his power to blow up the cities , and you know what i don't know about being faster then flash but i assume that if he is referring to those events he went into space to which are so small and quick they can and mark my words "arguably can be said to have happened" and he witnessed them *WITNESSED* as in viewing them with no problems so i assume that he's faster (if not at physical speed then at mind speed)

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dratini1331

@darkgen: There's a whole host of people who step on his face, so you may want to put restrictions.

Also, no, he is not faster than flash. No one is. Flash has moved far faster and always been shown to be faster than any other character I can think of, and add to that he can speed steal. No one is faster than flash.

As another side note, How does water -> gold allow you to have the connection of sun->pie and cap atom -> cherry? That makes no sense. He can molecular manipulation, but that doesn't mean he can just make something into anything he wants. He's not a god character. Also, he is just a weaker atom.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SheenLantern

@darkgen: Flash can react in attoseconds, prove that Manhattan can, then we'll talk.

Also, Manhattan couldn't even stop all of Russia's nukes, that's a clear and decisive limit on his power, and something Flash or Captain Atom could have easily done.

No Caption Provided

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of people

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By russellmania77

Morgan freeman from Bruce almighty

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No Caption Provided

The Silver Surfer.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 the_red_viper  Moderator

This.

No Caption Provided

The Silver Surfer.

Not this.

Doc is pretty much a god. He is, as far as we know, unkillable. He can create matter out of nothing, including new living organisms, he can resurrect himself from sub-atomic particles in a matter of seconds, he can multiply himself as many times as he wants, and each copy is totally independent and has the same powers as the original Doc. He knows the future, he can teleport himself anywhere he wants, he can walk on the surface of the sun and turn guns into snowflakes. Taking all those abilities to mind, the fact that he didn't stop the nukes is just bad writing. Silver Surfer means nothing more to him than a silver termite.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread....

Avatar image for imboredletsdebate
ImBoredLetsDebate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: Surfer has a lot, a LOT more feats of matter creation, regeneration, precognition, cosmic awareness, durablitiy and transmutation.

Besides, with a flick of his hand Norrin could disperse and absorb all of Manhattan's Cherenkov Radiation, rendering him powerless.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Ozymandias beated Manhattan in brains

divad4686

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The surfer, probably any galactus heralds, Ghost rider, Dr strange, Thor.

And he got outsmart by ozymandias, so Tony, Dr Doom, t'challa and Mr Fantastic could build something to destroy him.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 the_red_viper  Moderator

@divad4686: He can't be destroyed. He was outsmarted by Ozy, which is at least one million times smarter than anyone you've listed, after years of preperation. None of you seem to understand that Doc is practicalli immortal. He doesn't age and he can't be killed. I don't know if Ghost Rider could destroy Doc, since he is unlike any other form of life and I don't think he even has a soul.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper: Surfer has a lot, a LOT more feats of matter creation, regeneration, precognition, cosmic awareness, durablitiy and transmutation.

Besides, with a flick of his hand Norrin could disperse and absorb all of Manhattan's Cherenkov Radiation, rendering him powerless.

Doc created water and oxygen out of literally nothing. And he resurrected after being vaporized to a sub-atomic level in seconds.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: You think Ozymandias is a million times smarter than Marvel's top minds?

I doubt it.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Thanos.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AngryHulks

@sheenlantern said:

Doc created water and oxygen out of literally nothing. And he resurrected after being vaporized to a sub-atomic level in seconds.

Nothing special here, Firestorm have done better.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Too many people to write down...........

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@divad4686: He can't be destroyed. He was outsmarted by Ozy, which is at least one million times smarter than anyone you've listed, after years of preperation. None of you seem to understand that Doc is practicalli immortal. He doesn't age and he can't be killed. I don't know if Ghost Rider could destroy Doc, since he is unlike any other form of life and I don't think he even has a soul.

Oberyn, plz stop. All those Marvel minds are far more advanced than Ozy.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 juiceboks  Moderator

Aside from those already named. Dr. Fate, Alan Scott, Super Adaptoid, Amazo, Bloodwynd, Brainwave Jr. or Sr.

On a side note, Dr Manhattan fanboys -_-

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper: You think Ozymandias is a million times smarter than Marvel's top minds?

I doubt it.

Ozy is the smartest person in the world. He created a new life form FFS.

@the_red_viper said:

Oberyn, plz stop. All those Marvel minds are far more advanced than Ozy.

I love you for the Oberyn part but I disagree with you.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CalebHara

Batman

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern said:

I doubt it.

Ozy is the smartest person in the world. He created a new life form FFS.

Reed Richards created a Cosmic Cube for fun..

divad4686

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So you are just trolling.

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too many to list.

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By beautifulrevery

@the_red_viper: Lol, any excuse to make a ASOIAF reference and I'm in there. But on to more pressing matters. Ozy may be the smartest person in the Watchmenverse but he's not even close to as intelligent as Marvel's smartest minds. Tony created a device that split the COSMIC ENTITY OF LIFE into 5 pieces. Not to mention his various armors of technological and even magically based. Reed is essentially a demi-god of tech. You name it, he's probably made it better. Dr. Doom has created a plethora of devices ranging from teleporters, devices capable of siphoning the powers of the Beyonder, he's conquered Earth...twice and gave it up both times. Thanos, who I'm sure you'll agree is INFINITELY smarter than Ozy has accounted Dr. Doom as the only mind of interest on Earth.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Quite few people could win. Solar, Classic Ion to name two.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@beautifulrevery: They're all unbelievably genius, that I agree with. But there's a difference. Ozy didn't outsmart Doc because he can build cool shit like Reed or Tony, but because he's a strategic mastermind. Like Bruce Wayne, only way better. Tony Stark for example, is way better than Bruce when it comes to science (physics, chemistry, you name it). But Bruce is a genius strategist. Give them both prep time to kill each other, and you'll end up with a dead Tony Stark. And when it comes to beings such as Doc, you need to be have strategic mind rather than the ability to build cool toys that don't even tickle Doc. And when it comes to that, Ozy is the best there is.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beautifulrevery: They're all unbelievably genius, that I agree with. But there's a difference. Ozy didn't outsmart Doc because he can build cool shit like Reed or Tony, but because he's a strategic mastermind. Like Bruce Wayne, only way better. Tony Stark for example, is way better than Bruce when it comes to science (physics, chemistry, you name it). But Bruce is a genius strategist. Give them both prep time to kill each other, and you'll end up with a dead Tony Stark. And when it comes to beings such as Doc, you need to be have strategic mind rather than the ability to build cool toys that don't even tickle Doc. And when it comes to that, Ozy is the best there is.

Cosmic cubes would ruin the Doc.

As to who would defeat him, Time Lords, Chronovores, a Chaos God (since the Doc never showed mental resistance feats), all the high end comic characters named already, etc.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#42  Edited By homicidalmaniac

@russellmania77 said:

This.

@nefarious said:
No Caption Provided

The Silver Surfer.

Not this.

Doc is pretty much a god. He is, as far as we know, unkillable. He can create matter out of nothing, including new living organisms, he can resurrect himself from sub-atomic particles in a matter of seconds, he can multiply himself as many times as he wants, and each copy is totally independent and has the same powers as the original Doc. He knows the future, he can teleport himself anywhere he wants, he can walk on the surface of the sun and turn guns into snowflakes. Taking all those abilities to mind, the fact that he didn't stop the nukes is just bad writing. Silver Surfer means nothing more to him than a silver termite.

Loading Video...

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SheenLantern

@the_red_viper: Watch the language, and there was nothing strategic about Ozy's plan, any other genius mentioned would have been able to stop the nuclear war without killing millions of people.

"But Bruce is a genius strategist. Give them both prep time to kill each other, and you'll end up with a dead TonyStark"

No, you'd have a cooked corpse in a burnt batsuit.

"And when it comes to beings such as Doc, you need to be have strategic mind rather than the ability to build cool toys that don't even tickle Doc."

Are we talking about the same Ozymandias? Because that's exactly what Adrian tried to do and it failed miserably.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkgen said:

I was willing to go along with your argument, but you lost me at

@darkgen said:

he's faster then flash

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@sheenlantern:

1. I don't think you understood Adrian's plan. HE WANTED to kill all those people.

2. No, you'd have a dead Tony with a snapped neck.

3. Trying to vaporize Doc wasn't part of the plan. Adrian planned for Doc to stay on Mars, and he would have, if not for Laurie (even Doc compared it to a thermodynamic miracle). Nobody could have anticipated the Doc would return, not even Veidt. and when he did, Adrian improvised. And he failed to kill Doc because nobody can kill Doc.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern:

3. Trying to vaporize Doc wasn't part of the plan. Adrian planned for Doc to stay on Mars, and he would have, if not for Laurie (even Doc compared it to a thermodynamic miracle). Nobody could have anticipated the Doc would return, not even Veidt. and when he did, Adrian improvised. And he failed to kill Doc because nobody can kill Doc.

Yes, he can be killed. Cosmic Cubes, Key to Time, Time Lords, Infinity Gauntlet, HotU, etc. all could easily kill the Doc.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper:

No. no. no. no. no.

No.

Tony would disintegrate Bruce, he stands absolutely no chance against Iron Man with prep, how could he possibly win?

"he failed to kill Doc because nobody can kill Doc."

Except Silver Surfer

And Captain Atom

And Thor

And Martian Manhunter

And Flash

And Captain Universe, Firestorm, Green Lantern, Black Bolt, Dr, Fate, Spawn, Red Hulk, Ghost Rider, Plutonian, Supreme, Major Force etc. etc.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_imperator: So what you're saying is, to kill Doc, you need some sort of supermagical reality-warping weapon. Which means no character can do it without using some magical toys. Doc cannot physucally die (or mentally, as far as we know), so when it comes to Marvel, magic is always the answer, right?

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, Dr. Doom with prep is a demi god. Did I not mention he conquered the world twice? If I didn't. HE CONQUERED THE WORLD TWICE. T'Challa is essentially an African Bruce Wayne except stronger/faster/more resources. He could do in Doc Manhattan too. Silver Surfer is Dr. Manhattan except far better. Captain Atom could do it as well. Any matter/energy manipulator can give Doc a run for his money. Add in Surfer's telepathy, strength, speed, energy absorption, and cosmic awareness and you have one dead Dr. Manhattan. Add in Atom's Strength, speed to rival that of the Flash in N52, and his other godmodded abilities and you have another dead Dr. Manhattan.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alucard