Movie Magneto Vs. Movie Mandarin

• 65 results
shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

Aldrich Killian from Iron Man 3 takes on the Master of Magnetism Magneto.

Setting is the site of the final battle in Iron Man 3, so there's plenty of metal around for Erik to use. Who wins?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Versus

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 rogueshadow  Moderator

Does Magneto have knowledge? If so, Magneto crushes him in an instant with thousands of tons of metal.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: How would having knowledge of Killian make any difference here? Just curious. I'd think Magneto would try that described strategy with or without knowing who Killian is.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto collapses the entire battleground on top of Killian

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: How would having knowledge of Killian make any difference here? Just curious. I'd think Magneto would try that described strategy with or without knowing who Killian is.

If he knows how dangerous he is, he'll end him really quickly, if not he might get a bit arrogant and fall victim to his own hubris.

Orician_Seis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Orician_Seis

Hmmm I think Magneto can keep his distance and take the win here

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Magneto. He can just crush or impale his "Mandarin."

@rogueshadow said:

@shroudofsorrow said:

If he knows how dangerous he is, he'll end him really quickly, if not he might get a bit arrogant and fall victim to his own hubris.

I don't know about that. Magneto usually makes speeches after his enemies are incapacitated.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rogueshadow  Moderator

@jedixman said:

Magneto. He can just crush or impale his "Mandarin."

@rogueshadow said:

@shroudofsorrow said:

I don't know about that. Magneto usually makes speeches after his enemies are incapacitated.

True, I was thinking it may garner him maybe 1/10 wins. He might incapacitate him and stride up to him gloating, Aldrich melts through the metal and shoves his fist through his chest, not a likely scenario [You're right, Magneto probably would crush him to death] But I still think it's a possible one.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#9  Edited By Fallschirmjager

I think people need to rewatch the X-Men movies and realize just how powerful Magneto is.

He has manipulated in excess of millions of tons with the Golden Gate Bridge and has perfectly bullet timed dozens of bullets simultaneously at point blank range. He casually caught the X-Jet in mid air and repaired it without so much as breaking a sweat.

And even in his youth was able to drag a nuclear submarine out of the ocean and control dozens of missiles and other ship fired ordinance.

IMO - he would solo the entire Avengers roster with only minor difficulty from Hulk.

Suffice to say, Mandarin is toast.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm I think Magneto can keep his distance and take the win here

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cjdavis103

@fallschirmjager: how would he stop thor from calling down a ligting strike or a cyclone

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@cjdavis103 said:

@fallschirmjager: how would he stop thor from calling down a ligting strike or a cyclone

He takes his hammer away from him. Thor can't do anything without his hammer in the movies.

Then he just crushes Hulk under millions of tons of debris or with Mjolnir itself. Or Cap's shield, would probably work as a weapon too.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

can he lift it though? it was forged in the heart of a dwarf star and still has the worthiness enchantment on it so it is not likly he can lift it IMO so he should be able to use it

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: can he lift it though? it was forged in the heart of a dwarf star and still has the worthiness enchantment on it so it is not likly he can lift it IMO so he should be able to use it

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: can he lift it though? it was forged in the heart of a dwarf star and still has the worthiness enchantment on it so it is not likly he can lift it IMO so he should be able to use it

Its metal. Magneto controls all metal. He can do it the comics, I don't see why he couldn't in the movies.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: The way you described Magneto made me realize how dangerous he is in the CBMU

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@fallschirmjager: I wouldn't go as far as to say ANYTHING but yeah, he's a lot less effective without it. Certainly not able to beat Magneto.

As to the not knowing how powerful Mags is I didn't mean to make this a mismatch. I just sort of figures that Killian's powers might be able to withstand some of the metal being sent his way given that he and the other Extremesis goons could tear through Iron Man armor with absolutely no effort. So I thought he could destroy most of the metal Mags sent at him if that makes any sense.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@shroudofsorrow: how dare you call that person the Mandarin he was such disgrace, shame on you.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godzilla44: It's the name he went by. And yeah, he was a jerk but that made his getting blown up more fun to watch right?

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@shroudofsorrow: There's metal every where though. There is metal in the ground. Buildings, cars, anything.

There is even metal in your blood. We've seen Magneto pull it from the one security guard after Mystique injected him.

Its just my opinions. Magneto is a monster.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Well I'd say they're pretty informed opinions. I will say though that as far as the yanking metal out of a person's blood, Magneto was only able to do that after the guard was given extra metal, and Magneto even said "there's too MUCH iron in your blood". Before that there wasn't enough for him to use. And I question if such an attack would even work on Mandarin given the nature of the Extremesis and how it clearly alters his biology a bit.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: I know. I said that.

I was just pointing out the fact that metal is everywhere. There are metal under the concrete in roads.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@fallschirmjager: Yeah that does give Magneto an edge doesn't it? Ah well. At least this thread got SOME discussion at least.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Cjdavis103

@fallschirmjager:

meh personally i see an issue here with the enchantment ( magic vs mutaint power)

and it being uru metal ( magic metal that Magnatio has no feats with controlling) that Thor can control remotely at worst we are looking at a stalemate here by them selves while being distracted by the outhers or trying to crush them he is going to get hit by a lightning bolt

we are getting off topic here mags takes this fight easily

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@cjdavis103 said:

@fallschirmjager:

meh personally i see an issue here with the enchantment ( magic vs mutaint power)

and it being uru metal ( magic metal that Magnatio has no feats with controlling) that Thor can control remotely at worst we are looking at a stalemate here by them selves while being distracted by the outhers or trying to crush them he is going to get hit by a lightning bolt

we are getting off topic here mags takes this fight easily

Its not magic. The characters in the movies have stated multiple times its not magic and Feige himself has said its not magic. Its just some alien form of technology we don't understand.

And as said, Magneto can control the hammer in comics too. There's nothing special about the hammer in movies that would suggest he can't control it.

Magneto has better reactions than the entire Avengers roster combined. He crushes Iron Man, makes Widow shoot herself, explodes one of Hawkeye's arrows on his back, knocks out Steve with his shield, and takes Mjolnir away from Thor which gives him all his best powers including lightening (and probably uses it to knock Thor out) and then crushes Hulk under debris or maybe with Mjolnir too. All of this he can do at the same time - easily.

But yes. We are.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JediXMan  Moderator

I think people need to rewatch the X-Men movies and realize just how powerful Magneto is.

He has manipulated in excess of millions of tons with the Golden Gate Bridge and has perfectly bullet timed dozens of bullets simultaneously at point blank range. He casually caught the X-Jet in mid air and repaired it without so much as breaking a sweat.

And even in his youth was able to drag a nuclear submarine out of the ocean and control dozens of missiles and other ship fired ordinance.

IMO - he would solo the entire Avengers roster with only minor difficulty from Hulk.

Suffice to say, Mandarin is toast.

Aside from stuff like Galactus, I think Magneto deserves to be among the top 5-10 most powerful CBM characters.

Magneto and Shaw are really powerful individuals. I even made a thread where Shaw put up a pretty good fight against Zod, and I still think Shaw has the potential to win or stalemate.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Agreed.

Shaw in particular is kind-of a NLF unless you have TP. And if he has his helmet its GG lol

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager:

any sufficiently advanced magic/technology is indistinguishable from technology/magic

Comics is not them MCU, and yes Thor can control it so there is that

all at once? when most if not all of them are bullet timers, and Hulk is just going charge right at him so he is going to have to foucous on defending himself or he gets well

Loading Video...

if he does that and not pays attention to hawk well or he just stops the arrow short

Loading Video...

and if he focuses on those two at the same time Thor hits him in the face with a lightning bolt

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JediXMan  Moderator

and it being uru metal ( magic metal that Magnatio has no feats with controlling) t

Yes he does.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: Agreed.

Shaw in particular is kind-of a NLF unless you have TP. And if he has his helmet its GG lol

TP or, potentially, TK since he has no means of gaining energy. Surfer could always trap him in his board (he can do it to missiles. Should be able to do it to a person, if he so desired).

A more experienced Magneto would know that and could probably incapacitate him, and then do the coin thing.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@cjdavis103: ...None of them are bullet timers.

And Hulk is just as likely to attack his friends - especially if Magneto hits him with Mjolnir from Thor.

Hawkeye would never get a shot off, the arrow would explode on his back. Widow would shot by her own guns and Magneto would gladly take Cap's Shield use it to defend himself. He could probably use Iron Man as a body shield too if he didn't outright crush him right off the bat. Or use iron man to smash into other team mates like Hulk, further pissing him off. Even when he was supposedly "in control" Hulk still punches Thor in the middle of combat.

Thor can't do jack with lightening as soon as his hammer gets taken from him right off the bat. Magneto has better reflexes than all of them by a HUGE margin. Its not even close.

...anyway off topic. if you want to argue this, make a different topic.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JediXMan  Moderator

...anyway off topic. if you want to argue this, make a different topic.

Movie Avengers vs Movie Magneto?

Sounds cool.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Fallschirmjager
Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Magneto needs more respect. He was pretty powerful, and I expect even more feats in DoFP.

Just think about it, though: we're talking about the concept of Magneto taking on the entire movie Avengers roster. That's pretty awesome.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@jedixman: I think he could do it given his ability to control dozens of objects at once moving as extremely fast speeds (artillery shells, missiles, bullets) as well as the fact that his level of "power" if you will is strong enough to rip off the Golden Gate Bridge.

Besides, you know a guy is badass when Ian McKellen and Michael Fassbender are both playing him lol

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman:

comic does not aplly to movie

Uru metal was never mentioned in the movie, as far as I know. Even if it was, magic does not exist in the MCU. If it's metal, there's no reason to assume Magneto can't control it. It has no magical properties - it's just another form of technology.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: I think he could do it given his ability to control dozens of objects at once moving as extremely fast speeds (artillery shells, missiles, bullets) as well as the fact that his level of "power" if you will is strong enough to rip off the Golden Gate Bridge.

Plus great reflexes. He caught Wolverine's attacks mid-air countless times, caught and deflected bullets, etc. He also repaired the Black Bird in mid-air and caught it all with a gesture, etc.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager:

they all react to bullets ( hell even widow and hawk)

especially if Magneto hits him with Mjolnir from Thor.

how is he geting it from thor who can also manipulate it and is a hell of alot stronger than magnaeto and he has the worthiness enchantment that should work on his powers ( do not try to bring comics into this ans this is completely different universe)

Hawkeye would never get a shot off, the arrow would explode on his back.

how?

Widow would shot by her own guns and Magneto would gladly take Cap's Shield use it to defend himself.

and he hauled cap with the shield for a punch in the face

He could probably use Iron Man as a body shield too if he didn't outright crush him right off the bat.

and that stops the repulser rays how? or any of his lasers? if any wepon is pointing at magnito he dies

Or use iron man to smash into other team mates like Hulk,

he seems to be doing a lot all at the same time

1.he is controlling Thor hammer ( or more accurately struggling to)

2. blowing up hauks arrows ( why would he if they look like normal arrows?)

3, picking up caps shield and stoping him from punching him in the face

4. manipulating a struggling Iron man ( who can one shot if Magnito is not concentrating )

5. miraculously managing to stop the hulk from crushing him

you are asking a lot from mags multitasking

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By reaverlation

@jedixman: you should create the battle.Off Topic but how would you rank the top dogs from the CBM Universe?

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Cjdavis103

@jedixman:

here's no reason to assume Magneto can't control it. It has no magical properties

Thor is controlling it as well and he has his own strength to hold it as well as the the worthyness enchantment ( what else do you want to call it?)

and do not bring up the comics

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

and do not bring up the comics

You brought up Uru. When was that specified as being the content that forged Mjolnir in the movies?

If it never was, then you brought up the comics, not me.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@cjdavis103:

they all react to bullets ( hell even widow and hawk)

-No they dont. Magneto bullet timed about a dozen different cops at point blank range. They don't comparable to him at all.

how is he geting it from thor who can also manipulate it and is a hell of alot stronger than magnaeto and he has the worthiness enchantment that should work on his powers ( do not try to bring comics into this ans this is completely different universe)

Thor isn't stronger than Magneto. Magneto ripped off the Golden Gate Bridge. That thing weights about 800,000+ tons, iirc. It has a worthiness enchantment on it in the comics too, that doesn't stop him from controlling it. Its the exact same mechanic, so its completely comparable actually.

Magneto controls metal. Bottom line. There is no reason he cannot control it, period.

how?

...Magneto could set it off? His arrows have metal on them. He can do what he wants with it...

and that stops the repulser rays how? or any of his lasers? if any wepon is pointing at magnito he dies

Magneto could stop anything Iron Man tried to do. Have you not seen any X-Men movie dude. Even in his YOUTH he caught dozens of missiles and artillery shells fired from an entire FLEET of Navy ships. You are short selling his reflexes. Iron Man is gonna get crushed instantly. He's never gonna get to point his hands at Magneto - his hands are prolly gonna get pointed at someone else. There is NOTHING Iron Man could do it him.

he seems to be doing a lot all at the same time

And? He's done that before. Go watch the movies dude. Point blank range he stops a dozen+ bullets from hitting cops. In First class he stops dozens of missiles and artillery shells in mid air, turned them around and sent them back at the navy fleet. Multi-tasking is not even an issue for him .

1. He has no issues controlling Mjolnir in any universe. He won't here.

2. Hawkeye is pointless. Magneto can deal with him dozens of ways.

3. Cap is never getting near Magneto to punch him. You are aware that Magneto can levitate and fly, not to mention the shield attached to Steve is gonna send him flying?

4. are you seriously arguing *IRON* man is a threat to Magneto?

5. Magneto has better destruction feats than Hulk. Hulk could get crushed - easily. Or he could turn on his teammates if Magneto uses them to attack him, which could easily happen as well.

I feel like you completely understand what Magneto is capable of, man.

In any case. Make the topic if you want to continue this, because its way off topic. I'm not gonna keep spamming this thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe Mags should have this.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd189: I'd say you'd be correct. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rd189: I'd say you'd be correct. :)

Thank you sir!

As for reasoning, Magneto ripped the golden gate bridge apart. Mandarin has no comparable feats.