• 96 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Saren (25223 posts) - - Show Bio

Just watched the Amazing Spider-Man movie, I realize most people haven't done so yet, so this can be bumped in a few days accordingly. Till then, for those who have seen the movie:

Fight takes place here, starting positions have been marked:

Rules

Random encounter.

Regular morals.

Standard rules of elimination.

And.......go.

Moderator
#2 Posted by Remi (613 posts) - - Show Bio

How was the movie?

#3 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

1st) How was it? (2) Venom, more versatile than Lizard could be.

#4 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Come on man, you can't comment on a battle if you don't know anything about one of the combatants.

#5 Posted by Saren (25223 posts) - - Show Bio

@Remi said:

How was the movie?

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

1st) How was it?

Pretty good. Better than Spider-Man 1 & 3, but not Spider-Man 2.

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

(2) Venom, more versatile than Lizard could be.
Movie Spider-Man's powerset is identical to Venom's and Lizard was wrecking him in every fight they had.

Moderator
#6 Posted by Saren (25223 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt said:

Come on man, you can't comment on a battle if you don't know anything about one of the combatants.

I know, I just figured a few Viners must have watched it; also I wanted first-created rights so I can have all future Movie Lizard vs Venom threads shut down. I am spiteful like that.

Moderator
#7 Posted by Remi (613 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Pretty good. Better than Spider-Man 1 & 3, but not Spider-Man 2.

So meh then :P

#8 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

You evil mastermind.

#9 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll just have to watch it, wouldn't be fair if I made a case for Venom when I haven't seen Lizard yet.

#10 Posted by Saren (25223 posts) - - Show Bio

@Remi said:

@CitizenBane said:

Pretty good. Better than Spider-Man 1 & 3, but not Spider-Man 2.

So meh then :P

Moderator
#11 Posted by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Just watched the Amazing Spider-Man movie, I realize most people haven't done so yet, so this can be bumped in a few days accordingly. Till then, for those who have seen the movie:

Fight takes place here, starting positions have been marked:

Rules

Random encounter.

Regular morals.

Standard rules of elimination.

And.......go.

Are you using The Lizards Trailer feats?

#12 Posted by eatmore_payless (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: Havent been released at my country yet, gotta post here after I;ve seen the movie

#13 Posted by Saren (25223 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sci_Fi_Rulez: I am using feats from the movie itself, but feats from the trailer are allowed since no one seems to have watched the movie yet.

Moderator
#14 Posted by Remi (613 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@Remi said:

@CitizenBane said:

Pretty good. Better than Spider-Man 1 & 3, but not Spider-Man 2.

So meh then :P

#15 Posted by Saren (25223 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995: I think most people would like this movie. It has good leads, great action sequences, it's not unnecessarily complicated like the third movie was.

Moderator
#16 Posted by k4tzm4n (36124 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: You're such a tease.

Staff
#17 Posted by Nefarious (18362 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie Venom sucked so badly. 

#18 Posted by Saren (25223 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Hah, I figured you'd be one of the first to have seen the movie. Has it not released there yet?

Moderator
#19 Posted by k4tzm4n (36124 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: I no longer have the luxury of seeing movies early :(

Staff
#20 Posted by Nefarious (18362 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyway, Venom  wins.

#21 Posted by Killemall (18173 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: I haven't seen the movie just wanted to ask something, i heard they revealed the next villain in the post credit scene, did you see it? can you tell me who it is?

#22 Posted by Saren (25223 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Dang, then there is no one who can debate this match-up right now.

Moderator
#23 Posted by Saren (25223 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

Anyway, Venom wins.

Reasons?

@Killemall said:

@CitizenBane: I haven't seen the movie just wanted to ask something, i heard they revealed the next villain in the post credit scene, did you see it? can you tell me who it is?

He wasn't revealed. He was just a man in the shadows talking to Connors. Most likely Norman Osborn, but there's no way to be sure.
Moderator
#24 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone needs to ban Baney for being such a complete tease.

#25 Posted by TDK_1997 (14418 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie would be released at my country on 3th of July.

#26 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

QUICK!! to the BOOTLEG MOBILE!!

#27 Posted by Nefarious (18362 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane: Well, Lizard doesn't have a bell or any object that can create a loud noise that would affect the symbiote. We all know physical harm won't work.
#28 Posted by Saren (25223 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

@CitizenBane: Well, Lizard doesn't have a bell or any object that can create a loud noise that would affect the symbiote. We all know physical harm won't work.

Who said physical harm doesn't work?

Moderator
#29 Posted by Nefarious (18362 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane: No one. 
#30 Posted by Iamlovewithin500 (1028 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nefarious said:
@CitizenBane: No one. 
lol
#31 Posted by Nefarious (18362 posts) - - Show Bio

But I think the symbiote would just absorb the blows.

#32 Posted by Aero_gt (840 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Venom. Lizard can't harm him without bells or splosions. And movie venom was morphing and crap and even if Lizard could remove Eddie from Venom the symbiote could just posses lizard.

#33 Posted by thelastlife0726 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard to judge (for Lizard), but I'll give it to Liz, but symbiote survives. He seems more savage and strong. Also, Venom annoys me. Will you please just close your mouth and stop whining.

#34 Posted by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@Sci_Fi_Rulez: I am using feats from the movie itself, but feats from the trailer are allowed since no one seems to have watched the movie yet.

you watched it

#35 Posted by Saren (25223 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Sci_Fi_Rulez: I am using feats from the movie itself, but feats from the trailer are allowed since no one seems to have watched the movie yet.

you watched it

Yup.

Moderator
#36 Posted by JediXMan (29285 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Pretty good. Better than Spider-Man 1 & 3, but not Spider-Man 2.

Better than 1?

I mean, it's no masterpiece but I liked 1.

Online
#37 Posted by Saren (25223 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: IMO, 1 was ok, 2 was the best, 3 sucked.

Moderator
#38 Posted by JediXMan (29285 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@JediXMan: IMO, 1 was ok, 2 was the best, 3 sucked.

About the same for me.

The X-Men movies were superior in every way to the Spider-Man movies. X-Men 3 wasn't nearly as bad as Spider-Man 3.

Online
#39 Posted by nickzambuto (12667 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@CitizenBane said:

@JediXMan: IMO, 1 was ok, 2 was the best, 3 sucked.

About the same for me.

The X-Men movies were superior in every way to the Spider-Man movies. X-Men 3 wasn't nearly as bad as Spider-Man 3.

X3 sucked far worse than Spidey 3.

#40 Posted by JediXMan (29285 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@JediXMan said:

@CitizenBane said:

@JediXMan: IMO, 1 was ok, 2 was the best, 3 sucked.

About the same for me.

The X-Men movies were superior in every way to the Spider-Man movies. X-Men 3 wasn't nearly as bad as Spider-Man 3.

X3 sucked far worse than Spidey 3.

Not for me. I preferred X-Men 3 - mostly thanks to Magneto.

Online
#41 Posted by thespidey307 (177 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: @nickzambuto: Both X3 and Spidey 3 sucked equally. There you go. Oh, and I haven't seen the Amazing Spider-Man so I'll join this debate after I've seen what the lizard can do.

#42 Posted by GraniteSoldier (6697 posts) - - Show Bio

As a huge venom fan, I was sorely, sorely, upset with the Venom is Spider-man 3. I pick Lizard out of hope Topher Grace gets hit by a bus.

#43 Posted by Spydey (399 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe this should have waited until after the movie came out everywhere?

#44 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Better than 1 & 3 eh? Hmm, Spider-man 2 was good but I feel that Doc Ock was the highlight of the entire film.

Was Andrew Garfield at least the star of the show?

Moderator
#45 Posted by Saren (25223 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump for people who've seen it now.

Moderator
#46 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueLantern1995 said:

I will join the debate AFTER I see the movie.

#47 Posted by EternalDecider (293 posts) - - Show Bio

@GraniteSoldier: Hey hey hey. Lets not insult the actors shall we. Lets insult the portrayal of the CHARACTERS.

#48 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: How did you watch it already?

#49 Posted by Saren (25223 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99: I purchased tickets, drove to the theater, sat down, etc etc.

Moderator
#50 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: The movie came out today(in the US) how did you see before July 3rd?