#1 Posted by Shiryu (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hulk that will appear in the new Hulk movie faces off against movie Iron Man(my favorite version!).
Who wins?

#2 Posted by Mr President (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie IronMan

#3 Posted by ironman15 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

movie iron man he would out smart hulk i know hulk is smart but i mean did he make a kick ass suit

#4 Posted by King Saturn (224043 posts) - - Show Bio
I think movie Iron Man can win here but it wont be easy at all against The Hulk of the films
#5 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm can't say until I've watched both movies, have enough free time for the next weeks that will see it

until then we can't say which one is stronger can we?

or is the movie already out?

#6 Posted by Insignia (137 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a difficult judgement to make. What are the differences (if any) between their comic-book and movie counterparts?
I'm wasn't really a fan of them both. (Until  I saw that exploded view of the suit internals)

#7 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait for the movie to come out.

#8 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

Too hard to decide

#9 Posted by lionheart (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

the movie hulk will straight up over power and outfight ironmnan not that im taking n e thing away from ironman but he wont beat the hulk

#10 Posted by Shiryu (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

At least some of you should be able to determine the outcome now.

#11 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Ironman, as movie hulk doesn't have unlimited strength

#12 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

What says the strength he starts with isn't enough? (Also it seemed like he got stronger when he needed to, like when he had to get through the sound waves or when Abomination had him against the wall.) I'm not sure what exactly Tony is packing that would hurt Hulk, especially since everything the army was using on him was Stark Tech and nothing they had stopped him for very long. Looking at the ease with which Iron Monger damaged Tony's suit, I think Hulk could rip him apart if he could get his hands on him, but that would be a challenge. A thunderclap might down Iron Man, but I think that would be Hulk's only shot, although he did seem to have pretty good accuracy, just don't think it's enough to overcome Iron Man's maneuverability.

#13 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

when Ironman went against Ironmonger he wasn't at his prime and Hulk was getting owned a few times in the movie.

The soldier that became Abomination (don't remember his name) was able to give him quite a fight

and with the sound waves didn't it have to do with the fact that he used the metal to protect him before throwing it to the vehicle?

#14 Posted by Vrakmul (23636 posts) - - Show Bio

movie abomination was so much stronger than movie hulk that it wasn't funny.  And his name was Emil blonsky.  Hollywood maybe hollywood but they won't screw up his name. 

#15 Posted by Vrakmul (23636 posts) - - Show Bio

However I do believe this well end up as a draw.

#16 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if we saw the raw strength from the Hulk to ultimately be a threat. However, I can't see it being that way for the Avengers movie (assuming he's in it) as Hulk will have to be stronger than everyone IMO (including Thor).

#17 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"when Ironman went against Ironmonger he wasn't at his prime and Hulk was getting owned a few times in the movie.

The soldier that became Abomination (don't remember his name) was able to give him quite a fight

and with the sound waves didn't it have to do with the fact that he used the metal to protect him before throwing it to the vehicle?
"

Ironman not being at full power didn't change the durability of his armor. Why couldn't Hulk crush it? And aside from the fight with Abomination, when was Hulk getting owned?

Blonsky (as a human) didn't give Hulk much of a fight at all, he was just able to move around a lot and not get hit. He didn't do any damage, even when he was shooting Hulk in the face.

He had the shields from before the soundwaves started didn't he? But he went down when the sound came on and then got up. The metal didn't suddenly appear and change anything, he just got stronger to handle the attack so he was able to fight through something that had put him down before.
#18 Posted by Vrakmul (23636 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"Nighthunter said:
"when Ironman went against Ironmonger he wasn't at his prime and Hulk was getting owned a few times in the movie.

"

Ironman not being at full power didn't change the durability of his armor. Why couldn't Hulk crush it? And aside from the fight with Abomination, when was Hulk getting owned?

Blonsky (as a human) didn't give Hulk much of a fight at all, he was just able to move around a lot and not get hit. He didn't do any damage, even when he was shooting Hulk in the face.

He had the shields from before the soundwaves started didn't he? But he went down when the sound came on and then got up. The metal didn't suddenly appear and change anything, he just got stronger to handle the attack so he was able to fight through something that had put him down before."
When they charged at each other, hulk got tackled in mid air.  And when abom had that improvised flail.   I think it wasn't until the end that hulk started kicking the crap out of abomination.
#19 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Please read my post carefully. I asked, "aside from the fight with Abomination, when was Hulk getting owned?" It was the big battle and the first show of what the bad guy could do, of course he was smacking Hulk around. Gotta make it look good. But disregarding that, Abomination was on Hulk's level of power, is Iron Man? And even if Abomination knocked him around a bit, he still lost. Getting some good hits in doesn't matter quite as much as who actually wins.

#20 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Whenever Hulk got stronger to overcome an obstacle it was because he saw Betty (unless I missed something). If we're assuming that this fight is just between Hulk and Iron Man (no Betty) than if Hulk started to get beat-down there would be nothing there to give him that extra bit of strength that he would need to continue.

I don't know what Stark has in his arsenal, but from what I saw, he used more advanced weaponry than what military was using against Hulk in the movie (excluding the sound cannons). If the military was indeed using Stark weaponry then that would mean that the sound cannons which seemed to be the only weaponry to affect the Hulk except for maybe the grenade launcher came from Stark, then it wouldn't be farfetched for him to have a (possibly more advanced) version of that weapon in his suit. Regardless, the only weapons I saw used against the movie Hulk were machine guns (.50 cal and smaller), a grenade launcher, and sound cannons, Hulk didn't get hit by a single tank shell or anything else besides small-arms fire and sound cannons, Stark has weaponry that can destroy tanks, super-strength strong enough to send people flying and tear through military-grade metal, repulsers, and other advanced weaponry. This still might not enough to take down the Hulk but I believe that if grenades can faze Hulk that Stark's weaponry can eventually bring him down.

However, Hulk could win this one of two ways. If the fight takes place in a city or someplace with structures that Hulk could climb and jump off of or if this fight takes place in a confined space then Hulk stands a chance of catching Stark and ripping him to pieces. Stark's flight combined with his ranged weaponry give him an advantage over a melee combatant like Hulk and his own super-strength could allow him to survive a few close encounters with Hulk but eventually he will get got if doesn't bring down the Hulk first. The other way Hulk could win would be to simply outlast Iron Man. I realize that Stark's final fight with Iron Monger was using a flawed power core and he'll be using the good one in this fight. However, if Stark's weapons can't bring down the Hulk and Hulk can't catch Stark than this fight might last a day or two and, though Stark's power core could probably remain intact, it would supply less and less power, possibly slowing his movements and allowing Hulk to catch up to him. This might not work since Hulk could be just as likely to falter. I saw no signs of fatigue in the movie, but he didn't really exert himself for long periods of time, it also seemed like he his healing factor was not as great in the movie (after the second encounter when he took Betty away to a cave he still had cuts and bruises from the previous battle) and repeated hits from Stark could add up and eventually knock him out.

Over-all, I don't see a clear outcome in this fight but I'm leaning towards Stark, like I said, Hulk won't do too well against a ranged combatant who can fly.

#21 Edited by Shiryu (3473 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
I'm not sure what exactly Tony is packing that would hurt Hulk, especially since everything the army was using on him was Stark Tech and nothing they had stopped him for very long."

Seriously? Wow, I never knew that the army was using Stark weapons. How come nobody told me that sooner?
#22 Posted by he who is not (156 posts) - - Show Bio

I thoght stark stopped selling weapons