Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This is Movie Versions ONLY! Fantasy vs Sci-Fi.

I always thought these 2 are pretty well matched up. Vader has TK like force powers, but Gandalf has TK magic as well and other spells. Both feat wise are pretty matched up in stats as well. Vader has a Lightsaber, Gandalf Staff and Sword have held the heat and power of Lightning as well plunged into the Balrog body with no damage. So all in all, I say they match up well.

• This is a fight to the death.
  • Random Encounter.
  • Both start 20 feet apart.

Who wins?

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2:

I find your mismatch.... disturbing

Vaders light saber cuts thoughe Gandelfs sword with ease

it kind of hard to use your staff when it is riped out of your hand

Force coke

Premonition using the force

There is no secnarior where Gandelf wins this

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pokergeist

@cjdavis103 said:

@cadencev2:

Force coke

Lightsabers have trouble cutting through Bulkheads and reinforce doors, meanwhile Gandalf weapon have withstood the steady heats of Lightning and the Balrog, no guarantee IMO it will effortlessly cut through Galdalfs magic weapons on the first swing.

Gandalf can rip things from peoples hands too (LotR 1) He can also break weapons with a word (LotR 2) Magically heat Weapons till they are burning red hot (LotR 3)

Force Choke is good, but takes second in the movies to work. More than enough time for Gandalf to possibly counter with his Magic or own TK swings.

Premonition is not all that good as SW fans hype it to be.

No Caption Provided

His premonition epicly failed there.

You have no real good reason to assume this is a mismatch when its movie versions.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2:

how hot is a Balog?is it as hot as the Sun ( plasma) ? and lightning is nothing to a light saber as it has defected lightning before

TK vs TK i would back Vaders more consistent feats. and Vader is wearing a mechanical suit and using mechanical arms he is going to need to heat it up to the point of failure ( considering it uses plasma that is a very high temp)

Choke is not the only weapon in his arsenal and Gandelf will have to counter it to survive . and Vader has some serious TK resistance feats while Gandelf to my knowledge has none.

he was fighting another jedi who has premonition as well so using that is not a fair assessment as he has shown the reactions to defect blaster bolts from an entire army

and he has speed feats that make gandelf look like he is standing still

and Vader is wearing some tough space age aromer there is guaranty that Gandelf can even pierce it let alone hurt him

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Loading Video...

Boom.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Really Good fight. I have been thinking of making it myself.

Even Movie Gandalf seems to have better feats than movie vader to me:

First he has pretty cool magic :)

Loading Video...

Yeah. Call the immortal wizard a thief. That sure pays off..

Telekinesis:

Loading Video...

Remember Saruman used telekinesis to send gandalf all the way to the top of isengard..

Telepathy:

Loading Video...

Cures telepathy/possession strong enough to be used from thousands of miles away.

Uses the language of mordor:

Loading Video...

Shakes the council and darkens the sky in the process.

Reflexes and stuff:

Loading Video...

Blocks two axes and a sword close range, so perfectly capable of aim-blocking.

Heats aragorn's sword out of his hands.

General magic:

Loading Video...

Uses unknown form of light magic to repel the Nazgul (well, he uses light of vala in the books)

Resists fireball:

Loading Video...

and

Loading Video...

2:20 -> Shield strong enough to Stop Balrog's sword.

2:44 -> You cannot pass! power: Breaks the bridge.

3:20 -> Falls from thousands of feet without staff and fights mid-air (take that palpatine lol)

4:40 -> Battles through fire (lol analkin), and water, from lowest dungeons to the highest peak for God knows how many days.

4:48 -> Uses sword to channel lightening from sky

Adding this for lulz:

Loading Video...

And this:

Loading Video...

The best moment in The hobbit. Wow. dat blast.

Don't think force is helping a lot, he could easily counter with telekinesis, sending him quite high.

Considering he isn't fighting a bunch of orcs, he's likely to go full blast with the magic, like with the balrog, and he's perfectly capable of fighting for prolonged intervals, not just use sword like he ran out of mana lol. I think he should be able take out vader that fus ro dah, or zap him with sky lightening rather easily.

Overall, Gandalf feats look clearly superior to me now that I put them all together..

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@cadencev2:

Force coke

Force coke? Sounds tasty. That being said...

"Vaders light saber cuts thoughe Gandelfs sword with ease"

Gandalf's sword, Glamdring, has resisted magical lighting, white hot heat, and plenty more, while lightsabers can barely cut through doors.

While Vader has more feats with TK, Gandalf's usage of it is highly efficient and effective, pulling people and items around with ease. He also doesn't necessarily have to use his staff to do magic.

Premonition wouldn't be that big of a help.

Gandalf takes this

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Really Good fight. I have been thinking of making it myself.

Even Movie Gandalf seems to have better feats than movie vader to me:

First he has pretty cool magic :)

Loading Video...

Yeah. Call the immortal wizard a thief. That sure pays off..

Telekinesis:

Loading Video...

Remember Saruman used telekinesis to send gandalf all the way to the top of isengard..

Telepathy:

Loading Video...

Cures telepathy/possession strong enough to be used from thousands of miles away.

Uses the language of mordor:

Loading Video...

Shakes the council and darkens the sky in the process.

Reflexes and stuff:

Loading Video...

Blocks two axes and a sword close range, so perfectly capable of aim-blocking.

Heats aragorn's sword out of his hands.

General magic:

Loading Video...

Uses unknown form of light magic to repel the Nazgul (well, he uses light of vala in the books)

Resists fireball:

Loading Video...

and

Loading Video...

2:20 -> Shield strong enough to Stop Balrog's sword.

2:44 -> You cannot pass! power: Breaks the bridge.

3:20 -> Falls from thousands of feet without staff and fights mid-air (take that palpatine lol)

4:40 -> Battles through fire (lol analkin), and water, from lowest dungeons to the highest peak for God knows how many days.

4:48 -> Uses sword to channel lightening from sky

Adding this for lulz:

Loading Video...

And this:

Loading Video...

The best moment in The hobbit. Wow. dat blast.

Don't think force is helping a lot, he could easily counter with telekinesis, sending him quite high.

Considering he isn't fighting a bunch of orcs, he's likely to go full blast with the magic, like with the balrog, and he's perfectly capable of fighting for prolonged intervals, not just use sword like he ran out of mana lol. I think he should be able take out vader that fus ro dah, or zap him with sky lightening rather easily.

Overall, Gandalf feats look clearly superior to me now that I put them all together..

Agreed

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vaeternus

@princearagorn1: Agreed. I think personally he'd beat Vader convincingly especially Gandalf the white here?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: Very Nice post and feat collection there. i still have not seen Hobbit myself yet.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and he has speed feats that make gandelf look like he is standing still

and Vader is wearing some tough space age aromer there is guaranty that Gandelf can even pierce it let alone hurt him

First, uhhhh what? This is movie versions, show me one scene Vader moves faster than Gandalf, just one.

Also any proof how tough that padded suit is? Remember, Movie Versions.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus: Yep. Most of his feats are as gandalf the gray though.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: True, although GTW had some nice ones too. The reversing the spell from miles and miles away harming Saruman was an awesome feat I thought. But nice post indeed.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@princearagorn1: Very Nice post and feat collection there. i still have not seen Hobbit myself yet.

Thanks. Hobbit was pretty nice, but Hobbit 2 looks way more awesome from the trailers..

@princearagorn1: True, although GTW had some nice ones too. The reversing the spell from miles and miles away harming Saruman was an awesome feat I thought. But nice post indeed.

Yep. Wish they added his weathertop battle against nazgul though. It'd have looked brilliant..

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: The reason why Anakin's precognition didn't work in RoTS was because all the rage and hate blinded him. Whereas Vader is more calm and collected than Anakin with self-conflicted emotions.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pokergeist

@cadencev2: The reason why Anakin's precognition didn't work in RoTS was because all the rage and hate blinded him. Whereas Vader is more calm and collected than Anakin with self-conflicted emotions.

OK, lets say he has perfect Precog, does this stop Magic Attacks of Gandalf has? or stomps the 1000s of years of battle experience against magical power houses?

Its never been a game changer in the movies and not anymore a game changer now. He did lose to a raging Luke swinging his lightsaber like a baseball bat :/ Precog is overrated it seems.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: I have to clear something up can we use n Akien Skywalker feats because they are the same person or oare we only using classic movie feats .

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retconcrisis said:

OK, lets say he has perfect Precog, does this stop Magic Attacks of Gandalf has? or stomps the 1000s of years of battle experience against magical power houses?

Its never been a game changer in the movies and not anymore a game changer now. He did lose to a raging Luke swinging his lightsaber like a baseball bat :/ Precog is overrated it seems.

I'm not saying precog .wins it for Vader, I actually highly doubt precog. is any at all effective in the SW universe. I myself believe precognition is overrated. Especially how the Jedi so easily fell to the clone troopers during Execute Order 66. (Fun Fact: Execute Order 66's name is partly based off of Executive Order 9066, which is when the US decided to force all Japanese-Americans to relocate to internment camps during WWII)

In truth, I don't even know who wins, as I'm still deciding.

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dearth badger with moderate ease

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1:

the first Vid is cute he scares a Little hobbit do you really think he is going to scare Darth Vader who is one of the scariest BAMF in the entire SW galaxy at the time of his movie.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: I have to clear something up can we use n Akien Skywalker feats because they are the same person or oare we only using classic movie feats .

You can indeed use Anakin's feats, except his Agility and Speed, as Vader being so heavily Damage showed to be much slower and less Agile than Movie Anakin.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pokergeist

@retconcrisis said:

(Fun Fact: Execute Order 66's name is partly based off of Executive Order 9066, which is when the US decided to force all Japanese-Americans to relocate to internment camps during WWII)

And knowing is half the battle.

amseaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By amseaton
PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@cjdavis103 said:

@princearagorn1:

the first Vid is cute he scares a Little hobbit do you really think he is going to scare Darth Vader who is one of the scariest BAMF in the entire SW galaxy at the time of his movie.

Considering it scared a guy who resisted one ring for over a hundred years..

Well, anyway. I just added it as a starter, or as something fun. I could have added the smoke rings instead, if that helps you sleep better..

@amseaton said:
@wardemon32 said:
Loading Video...

Boom.

Wow, these guy do well. But gandalf turns into luke lol

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103 said:

@princearagorn1:

Well, anyway. I just added it as a starter, or as something fun. I could have added the smoke rings instead, if that helps you sleep better..

@amseaton said:
@wardemon32 said:
Loading Video...

Boom.

When did Movie Vader get Force Lightning...... That must be EU Vader who wins.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1 said:

@cjdavis103 said:

@princearagorn1:

@amseaton said:
@wardemon32 said:
Loading Video...

Boom.

When did Movie Vader get Force Lightning...... That must be EU Vader who wins.

meh.. it's more like Deathbattle, who had goku having no idea of pressure points and eating senzu beans mid-battle. Entertaining, but not reliable.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: sorry most of my posts have been eaten

lets start off with the intimidation Vids nether are really relevant as Vader does the same thing to everyone around him

Exactly Saruman not Gandelf not a valid feat for him

this matters why? no one is possed here

Uses unknown form of light magic to repel the Nazgul

feats against a normal target that is not as vulnerable to light magic and has he used it on more mundane targets?

Resists fireball:

where did this Vid come from I don't remember seeing it in the movie. anyways handy feat only it Normal flames nowhere near as hot as a lightsaber

Shield strong enough to Stop Balrog's sword.

Movie Balrog is featless for all we know all it is heated ash

You cannot pass! power: Breaks the bridge.

and am I supposed to be impressed he broke an old tiny bridge at its thinnest point . and that is all he did he broke the ground he never used it on a person

Battles through fire (lol analkin),

come back when bready battles though magma then I will concede

Uses sword to channel lightening from sky

a one time thing, and lightning is useless as jedi can block it (look at end of episode 2) and he collapsed right after words

The bolder is matbe a bit biger then the bridge

and the explosion only knocks people over ( it did not kill a single monster or dwarf) and DV can tank TK easly

is sum close range DV stomps he can tank a normal sword strike ( he is wearing full space age armor) while Ganelf has no defense against a LS and he has Precog Gandelf no precog

Mid is a TK battle DV has more consistent showings edge DV and Force neck snap

long Gandlef pulls out his big blast and at most knocks DV off his feet and he cant use that forever and Force neck snap

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@cjdavis103:

Exactly Saruman not Gandelf not a valid feat for him

Gandalf the White is "Saruman as he should have been", to quote himself. He got the powers of white wizard, even better than him, actually.

this matters why? no one is possesed here.

Simple TP resistance feat. Before someone goes 'oh force reads minds and controls it'

Movie Balrog is featless for all we know all it is heated ash. and am I supposed to be impressed he broke an old tiny bridge at its thinnest point . and that is all he did he broke the ground he never used it on a person.

It's still a thirty feet high monster which can fight for days, survive fall of thousands of feet, live thousands of years, solo kingdoms, and fight for days. What heated ash? The bridge is strong enough to support the balrog, and it's still better than vader's feats. And just because he never used it on a person means he shouldn't? I don't see the logic.

come back when bready battles though magma then I will concede

Why? Darth vader doesn't use magma, and as analkin his showings were pathetic against any heat. Battling through fire is far better durability feat than what vader pulled off.

a one time thing, and lightning is useless as jedi can block it (look at end of episode 2) and he collapsed right after words

I have seen the episodes. They blocked jedi lightening. Nothing says it's even remotely close to sky lightening, which gandalf uses. I think he missed the words before that. He had been fighting for days at that output, "from lowest dungeons to the highest peaks, I fought the balrog of morgoth"

The bolder is matbe a bit biger then the bridge

And a lot bigger than vader's head.

is sum close range DV stomps he can tank a normal sword strike ( he is wearing full space age armor) while Ganelf has no defense against a LS and he has Precog Gandelf no precog

Darth's suit has no durability feats. Just calling it space armor doesn't mean it's durable. At all. And he has no feats to say he can resist a sword strong enough to withstand lightening from sky. Nor does lightsabre. And precog has never changed anything. Ask that to the jedi who fell to troopers slaughter.

and the explosion only knocks people over ( it did not kill a single monster or dwarf) and DV can tank TK easly. Mid is a TK battle DV has more consistent showings edge DV and Force neck snap

More than enough for Gandalf to gain edge, and one shot him with lightening. And what says DV can tank TK strong enough to send him flying up a tower? Emperor failed to stop his little fall, and so did yoda against emperor, even when it was a lot smaller.. And he has no feats to say he can use force when being thrown around. Force needs concentration, you can see it on obi-wan and his faces. Gandalf's tk doesn't seem to need it at all.

long Gandlef pulls out his big blast and at most knocks DV off his feet and he cant use that forever and Force neck snap.

You mean, assuming gandalf just stands there and gives up the battle.

Long or short, Gandalf fus ro dah's him, or tks him off his feet, and one shots him with lightening. Specially at 20 feet. Or sends him as high as the tower and let him fall to his death. Or just drops him from a height depends on where they are fighting. @cadencev2: Battleground?

I think it's pretty clear that Gandalf the grey by himself is enough to take out vader. White is overkill.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1:

Gandalf the White is "Saruman as he should have been", to quote himself. He got the powers of white wizard, even better than him, actually

but there is no actual feats for him doing that. if we go by your logic then Aniken can have all the feats of movie Jedi because he has the highest force count of all Jedi of his time. ABC logic doesnt work lets just stick to the in movie facts

Simple TP resistance feat

not really necessary mind trick only works on the weaked willed in the movies

solo kingdoms

must have missed this part last i checked there was an enormous monster army in the mines of mora, It did not solo

The bridge is strong enough to support the balrog

a creature made entirely of fire dark and ash yep that sounds really heavy

And just because he never used it on a person means he shouldn't? I don't see the logic

The logic is he had a long wind up ( his speach to the balrog) and he struck downward with the entirety of his force the only way he can replicate that feat is a coup de grace on a prone Vader (and thats not going to hapen). or can you find a time where he used that kind of magic against someone else?

Battling through fire is far better durability feat than what vader pulled off

either way it is irelavent as Gandelf has not tanked anything as hot as a LS

I have seen the episodes. They blocked jedi lightening

lightning is lighting I can say the same for your wizard lightning

Darth's suit has no durability feats

what do you think it is made out off then used tissues?

And he has no feats to say he can resist a sword strong enough to withstand lightening from sky

Gandlef called it down, that is a sword durabilaty feat not a cutting feat

Nor does lightsabre.

Epasoid 2 fight begs to differ, And i need to point out that after using that spell he was KOed

And precog has never changed anything. Ask that to the jedi who fell to troopers slaughter.

you do relize that 1. thire precog was clouded by the darkside 2. there where on the front lines and sunddley caught betwene two massive armies.

not to mention your genearic Jedi has better reaction feats Then any being in the LOTR movies, Has gandelf deflected countless Arrows only using his sword? No? then he cant hold a candle to Jedi to deflect blaster bolts with ease on a regular basics and Darth Vader is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> your average Jedi

Gandalf's tk doesn't seem to need it at all.

Oh you have a feat for him using it in the middle of a major battle where there are hundred if not thousands of people trying to kill you!? please share this Vid i must have missed it in the movie .

Unlike Gandelf the jedi use the force by waveing there hands and they do this mid battle show me one Major magic feat Gandelf has done mid battle, not before a fight not in a peaceful place, But in Mid combat like he is going to be here.

long stroy short unless gandelf has a major power up and starts trowing around TK mid fight he gets force neck snapped before he can say "you sh...."

and if they start close Vader just cuts his head off due to Superior speed and reflex

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader wins.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: Not really. Gandalf IS saruman. He literally said that. Did analkin say 'I'm all the jedi', and was sent back from the dead to become all of them? Naw.

a creature made entirely of fire dark and ash yep that sounds really heavy.

Of course it does. The same fire dark and ash earlier broke through thousands of tonnes of rock like nothing.

The logic is he had a long wind up ( his speach to the balrog) and he struck downward with the entirety of his force the only way he can replicate that feat is a coup de grace on a prone Vader (and thats not going to hapen). or can you find a time where he used that kind of magic against someone else?

What long wind up? He simply strikes it on the ground.

either way it is irelavent as Gandelf has not tanked anything as hot as a LS

Yes, but his durability is lot better than vaders.

lightning is lighting I can say the same for your wizard lightning

What? Gandalf uses lightening from sky. Force lightening doesn't even have feats to say it is a thousandth fraction as powerful.

what do you think it is made out off then used tissues?

I suppose so.

Gandlef called it down, that is a sword durabilaty feat not a cutting feat.

It's does serve as a durability feat, yes.

Epasoid 2 fight begs to differ, And i need to point out that after using that spell he was KOed

It doesn't. And you don't need to. He had battled for days with a thirty feet giant, from lowest of dungeons to highest of peaks. Of course he was tired and hurt.

you do relize that 1. thire precog was clouded by the darkside 2. there where on the front lines and sunddley caught betwene two massive armies.

not to mention your genearic Jedi has better reaction feats Then any being in the LOTR movies, Has gandelf deflected countless Arrows only using his sword? No? then he cant hold a candle to Jedi to deflect blaster bolts with ease on a regular basics and Darth Vader is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> your average Jedi

Gandalf has deflected arrows and two axes, close range, so he's perfectly capable of aimblocking like the jedi do.

Oh you have a feat for him using it in the middle of a major battle where there are hundred if not thousands of people trying to kill you!? please share this Vid i must have missed it in the movie .

Unlike Gandelf the jedi use the force by waveing there hands and they do this mid battle show me one Major magic feat Gandelf has done mid battle, not before a fight not in a peaceful place, But in Mid combat like he is going to be here.

long stroy short unless gandelf has a major power up and starts trowing around TK mid fight he gets force neck snapped before he can say "you sh...."

and if they start close Vader just cuts his head off due to Superior speed and reflex

Why would he need a feat like that? He's not facing thousands of people here.

I think you missed the part about battling through fire with a giant. I don't see how that doesn't count as combat.

Better short range attacks (fus ro dah), better long range attacks (sky lightening), better durability (thousands of feet fall, and directly resisting fire and stuff), better stamina and endurance (battling for days from dungeons to peaks in extreme weather), and a whole lot more experience (three hundred lifetimes)

Long story short as already told, gandalf the gray one shots him with lightening. White is overkill.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1:

Do we see gandelf doing something like saurmons TK feat ? No? then he cant use that feat,

Of course it does. The same fire dark and ash earlier broke through thousands of tonnes of rock like nothing.

1 that has nothing to do with weight, 2. where was that excatly?

What long wind up? He simply strikes it on the ground

His speach/incantation leading up to you shall not pass

Yes, but his durability is lot better than vaders

really he has better durabilaty? where do you get that?

What? Gandalf uses lightening from sky. Force lightening doesn't even have feats to say it is a thousandth fraction as powerful.

Lighting is F*** lightning what more do you want the deflected a freaking lighting bolt stream!!!!!!

I suppose so.

if the movie version follows the books the armor is made out of e[5]durasteel, obsidian,and plasteel each being vastly Superior to the LOTR steal ( why would they say what is made out of in the movie) \

yes

so any cuting feats

Of course he was tired and hurt.

if it is easy for him why does he never use it again?

Gandalf has deflected arrows shot blindly and two axes from a blind dwarf,at mid range, so he's not capable of predicting movements before they happen like the jedi do.

Fixed it for you. Come back when gandelf deflects dozens of shots Blaster shots per second

Why would he need a feat like that? He's not facing thousands of people here

Jedi can that is what makes them so deadly on the battlefild so unless you can show Gandlef doing the same thing his magic requires a hell of a lot more concentration then a force attack

think you missed the part about battling through fire with a giant. I don't see how that doesn't count as combat.

the only parts of their fight that was on screen was them falling ( TBH not much a fight more like falling with a lack of style) and the lightnig scean, besides that the rest could be allegory or metaphor or whatever. we dont see him do it.

in sum Vader has Better short range attacks (force push,pull,choke,necksnap, lightsaber, his fist) better counters ( lightsaber deflcting lightning, precog, massively better armor)

In sum vader beats the crap out of gandelf with ease then proceeds to conquer the movie LOTR verse by himself

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@cjdavis103:

1. When he was chasing the fellowship. remember the stones that broke and fell from his walking?

2. I don't think you heard him properly. Gandalf is saruman, made better by higher forces. There is no reason why he shouldn't be able to do his own feats.

3. Gandalf doesn't use any incantation. What are you talking about? It's a dialogue, it just uses a lot of words not explained in the movie (In fact, it's a sort of war talk, like they used to do: secret fire is a part of eru, flame of Udun is an alternate name for balrog, the shadow is alias of morgoth) This isn't harry potter...

4. He survived a fall from thousands of meter, resisted fire and other extreme weather without any protection. So yes, more durable.

5. "lightening is lightening" isn't a defense. It's like saying "heat is heat" and ignoring the difference between scales.

It's artificial lightening, which is used by many fictions, and is nowhere near as powerful as sky lightening, which can be several of times hotter than sun's surface, and has massive energy output. I'm not going to repeat it. Either you prove that pathetic excuse for lightening is anything comparable to sky lightening, or stop using it. I don't have to continue on the point. Post proof or you're forfeiting it.

6. Gandalf's purpose is to guide the people, not fight their battles for them. Which is why the old elf duo didn't really mind that he fell off with the balrog. His purposes are unknown, even to them.

7. Gandalf has fought things dozen times more deadly than jedi and won, and he used his powers perfectly fine.

the only parts of their fight that was on screen was them falling ( TBH not much a fight more like falling with a lack of style) and the lightnig scean, besides that the rest could be allegory or metaphor or whatever. we dont see him do it.

We saw him fall in dungeons, water, peaks.. I don't see the need to discredit it as metaphor with the lack of any proof against it.

Luckily fights aren't about style. Otherwise vader would have lost a hundred times over already. But let's not get into that.

in sum Vader has Better short range attacks (force push,pull,choke,necksnap, lightsaber, his fist) better counters ( lightsaber deflcting lightning, precog, massively better armor)

Gandalf can throw him up the height of isengard with tk, fus ro dah him, or one shot him with sky lightening. I am not planning to repeat this.

In sum vader beats the crap out of gandelf with ease then proceeds to conquer the movie LOTR verse by himself.

He doesn't even past Gandalf the gray. Lol solo.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Erkan12

In movie, which part Gandalf sending lightning to his enemies ??? Lol.

If you guys talking about Balrog fight, he took lightning on his sword for making stronger sword attack, that doesn't mean he can send directly...

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12 said:

In movie, which part Gandalf sending lightning to his enemies ??? Lol.

If you guys talking about Balrog fight, he took lightning on his sword for making stronger sword attack, that doesn't mean he can send directly...

No one is arguing that Gandalf will send out Lightning.

What they are Arguing is the durability of his Magic Sword vs Lightsaber and Force Lightning. The Lightning from the sky was contain and used to amp his sword, a durability feat for the Magic Sword vs the heat of a lightsaber and absorbing any force lightning.... which Vader does not use in movies :/

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always thought of Gandalf as a joke, but that might just be me.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Pokergeist

@princearagorn1: @cjdavis103: I also wanted to reply real quick on the comment way back about Gandalf cannot heat up Vader's Light Saber. The Argument was Vader Light Saber can contain the heat without breaking becuase it projects a heat base beam of energy. However, in Episode 1, Darth Maul's Double Lightsaber was cut in half by the heat of obi Wan's Light Saber Beam. Proof that only part of the Light Saber is heat proof (which makes sense) than the whole device.

Just felt the need to throw that out there.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Never said vader would use force lightning just that he can block lighting and @erkan12 raises a good point how do we know that spell was not situational?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Says the guy who takes Drizzt seriously lol.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12 raises a good point how do we know that spell was not situational?

Isn't that better or easier way to attack, sending lightning directly to his opponent ? Or struggle with stabbing the sword to a giant devil ?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I grew up on Forgotten Realms and D&D. When I read the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings, Gandalf came off as, at best, a low level wizard. Even on his best day, with all his book and movie feats, it's doubtful Gandalf could stand up to any semi-competent wizard from any of the D&D books.

And why does my liking of Drizzt mean anything? The guy may very well be the best fictional swordsman....he should be taken seriously....

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@cadencev2 said:

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I grew up on Forgotten Realms and D&D. When I read the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings, Gandalf came off as, at best, a low level wizard. Even on his best day, with all his book and movie feats, it's doubtful Gandalf could stand up to any semi-competent wizard from any of the D&D books.

And why does my liking of Drizzt mean anything? The guy may very well be the best fictional swordsman....he should be taken seriously....

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Gandalf was never meant to be uber powerful however, that is more of a recent trend with fiction thanks to Silver age comics IMO. Back then, it was the class and story that carried a book. :)

Drizzt is a very good swordsmen, much like Conan is a awesome swordsmen, but will still lose to Buffy or Angel :0

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gandalf definitely is NOT a low level wizard...lol

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Read the "War of the Spider Queen" Series, and then let me know if you think the level of powerful magic shown in those books hinders the story at all. Granted, I've only read 5 Tolkein books, but in all honesty I didn't care for them.

I just haven't gotten around to taking pictures of the last two graphic novels I just received. I have a TON of family members, so December/January are usually stressful and filled with me picking out gifts for people.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@cadencev2: Read the "War of the Spider Queen" Series, and then let me know if you think the level of powerful magic shown in those books hinders the story at all. Granted, I've only read 5 Tolkein books, but in all honesty I didn't care for them.

I just haven't gotten around to taking pictures of the last two graphic novels I just received. I have a TON of family members, so December/January are usually stressful and filled with me picking out gifts for people.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Everyone gets a toothbrush. Its cheap, practical, and everyone needs to brush their teeth.

Your welcome :)

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@cadencev2: You're*

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

What does You're* mean?! Does it mean I am the genius you always knew I was with a winning smile?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: It means I'm a grammar nazi.

Loading Video...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Pokergeist

@floopay: I dont care, I get A's on my college writing test. I chose not to conform.

See how I do not use don't in my dont.