#1 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19892 posts) - - Show Bio

Rules

• Everyone is bloodlust, and morals off.
  • No equipment at all. H2H combat only.
  • Win by death only.

Setting

Empty and unpopulated street alley.

Teams

Team 1

Rocky Balboa, Ip Man, Rorschach

Team 2

Bruce Lee, Rama, Ma Jun

Team 3

Nite Owl II, Drunken Master, Jaka

Team 4

Ozymandias and Mad Dog

Team 5

Daredevil and V

#2 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta think Team 4.

#3 Posted by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

Gotta think Team 4.

#4 Posted by k4tzm4n (36126 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man, I'd definitely pay to see Mad Dog whup Rocky.

Staff
#5 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozymandias solos....that guy could catch a bullet, there is no indication that he was even trying when beating the crap out of his opponents

#6 Posted by Floopay (8582 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

Ozymandias solos....that guy could catch a bullet, there is no indication that he was even trying when beating the crap out of his opponents

Yeah he pretty much effortlessly handled everyone in that movie....and he did so while maintaining conversation and not missing a beat...

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek:

No V!? He was the best of them!

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#7 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19892 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

No V!? He was the best of them!

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Oh smokes!

I forgot V!

*self-facepalming himself 100x*

@cattlebattle said:

Yeah but there are a lot of other teams there as well, and Ozymandias and Mad Dog are only two, even if they are high-skilled.

Jaka and Rama combined would be some trouble for Ozymandias/Mad Dog.

I don't think anyone here solo's.

@k4tzm4n said:

Oh man, I'd definitely pay to see Mad Dog whup Rocky.

LOL

Rocky has extremely high durability though. Ivan Drago had a 2000psi punch, which is stronger than a short-range shotgun blast, and he tanked those throughout the movie like they were nothing. His punches are slow but powerful so that's why I included him.

"Be water my friend"

#8 Posted by Floopay (8582 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by Moon_Bat_87 (719 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19892 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay:

Added.

"Be water my friend"

#11 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil's fight against Bullseye was much more impressive.

#12 Posted by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

Team V

#13 Posted by Floopay (8582 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

Team V

I also enjoy that Team 5 and Team V are one and the same

w00t

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#14 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Either Team 4 or 5 have the best chances of winning.

#15 Posted by ShootingNova (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

I take it that Team 4 or 5 would win, but I think Team 4 would win majority of the time.

#16 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19892 posts) - - Show Bio

So who do you guys think would win Team 4 or 5?

"Be water my friend"

#17 Posted by SpidermanWins (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 5 methinks

#18 Posted by k4tzm4n (36126 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Oh yeah, I don't think Mad Dog would eliminate him quickly or anything. Rocky has withstood absurd amounts of damage over the films, but I do think Mad Dog has him totally outclassed and would be embarassing him pretty much the whole time. It would be a good laugh to watch that :D

Staff
#19 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4798 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 5. V's pretty badass and could tank a lot of punishment and DD was pretty impressive also.

#20 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19892 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Oh yeah, I don't think Mad Dog would eliminate him quickly or anything. Rocky has withstood absurd amounts of damage over the films, but I do think Mad Dog has him totally outclassed and would be embarassing him pretty much the whole time. It would be a good laugh to watch that :D

Oh okay. In that case I agree with you.

"Be water my friend"

#21 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Mad Dog get's eliminated quite easily by either Daredevil or V. That'll leave both of them to take on Ozy. It's debatable whether they could truly take him down considering how easily he smacked around Rorschach and Nite-Owl. Although, both he and V are bullet-timers and Daredevil is no slouch either. The only advantage that puts Ozy on top would be his strength.

#22 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Mad Dog get's eliminated quite easily by either Daredevil or V.

Unless I missed something from the films ... I don't see DD or V taking down Mad Dog 'quite easily' .... I actually don't see anyone minus maybe ozy (his team-mate) or IP man taking down Mad Dog easily. I wasn't that impressed with DD in his movie ... IP man took on 10 trained martial artist at once and I don't think he got hit and he did it in like a minute, while he was food deprived and tired from working all day.

Unfortunately I don't think any team has enough to take down ozy w/ mad dog, but if it were a Team I would say team 1 would be the team to take them down. Rosh and balboa fight ozy while IP makes easy win on mad dog. Then ... I still don't see rocky, rosch and ip man beating ozy the man is a little OP for this thread IMO.

#23 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandiego008 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Mad Dog get's eliminated quite easily by either Daredevil or V.

Unless I missed something from the films ... I don't see DD or V taking down Mad Dog 'quite easily' .... I actually don't see anyone minus maybe ozy (his team-mate) or IP man taking down Mad Dog easily. I wasn't that impressed with DD in his movie ... IP man took on 10 trained martial artist at once and I don't think he got hit and he did it in like a minute, while he was food deprived and tired from working all day.

Unfortunately I don't think any team has enough to take down ozy w/ mad dog, but if it were a Team I would say team 1 would be the team to take them down. Rosh and balboa fight ozy while IP makes easy win on mad dog. Then ... I still don't see rocky, rosch and ip man beating ozy the man is a little OP for this thread IMO.

Yeah, Ip Man's not physically strong enough to put down Ozy IMO, he's got the skill but as we saw with Twister, he can be damaged.

#24 Posted by No_Trolling (653 posts) - - Show Bio

It's between team 1

Beacuse of IP man and Rocky's durability

Team 4

and

Team 5

I think Team 1 beats team 4. IP man defeats Mad Dog then all of them together should take down Ozy.

Team 5 would prove a challenge though.

It would be team 1 vs team 5

#25 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandiego008: IP Man is easily the most skilled person here. Why I say V takes out Mad Dog with little trouble is due to his far superior speed. He took out half a dozen men before they could even reload their clips after being unloaded on. Daredevil has decent speed feats, mostly against Bullseye and all of which occurred after he was stabbed by Elektra.

#26 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

Yeah, Ip Man's not physically strong enough to put down Ozy IMO, he's got the skill but as we saw with Twister, he can be damaged.

I doubt many on this thread are putting a hurting on IP man ... a chance for DD and V to do it ... then ozy obviously does

@Deranged Midget said:

@sandiego008: IP Man is easily the most skilled person here. Why I say V takes out Mad Dog with little trouble is due to his far superior speed. He took out half a dozen men before they could even reload their clips after being unloaded on. Daredevil has decent speed feats, mostly against Bullseye and all of which occurred after he was stabbed by Elektra.

Although that is a great speed feat ... that isnt a great H2H combat feat, this is strictly H2H combat. It would help give V the edge .. but I do not believe either DD or V would 'easily' take out mad dog ... they would win but not in very quick fashion. Not to mention V wouldn't have armor so he would be very susceptible to damage.

#27 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandiego008: Clearly, the armour was only used in preparation for an all out assault by fire-arms. Besides that instance, he never used armour. I fail to see how it wouldn't garner him the advantage. He could attack Mad Dog several times before he could even react and any of those hits could be deadly.

#28 Posted by sync1 (2718 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 takes it.

#29 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandiego008 said:

@Xanni15 said:

I doubt many on this thread are putting a hurting on IP man ... a chance for DD and V to do it ... then ozy obviously does

I have no doubt that Ozy could, probably V as well but I question whether movie Daredevil could.@Deranged Midget said:

@sandiego008: Clearly, the armour was only used in preparation for an all out assault by fire-arms. Besides that instance, he never used armour. I fail to see how it wouldn't garner him the advantage. He could attack Mad Dog several times before he could even react and any of those hits could be deadly.

Not to butt in but V without his mask would have to be more susceptible, after all the injuries he suffered his body has to be hurting already. There's some heavyweights in this fight.

#30 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19892 posts) - - Show Bio

@sync1 said:

Team 1 takes it.

Any specific reason?

"Be water my friend"

#31 Posted by sync1 (2718 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure IP man is the fastest here (correct me if I'm wrong). Since he's blood-lusted, he will do a lot more vital attacks at a fast rate. + he's got Rocky & Rorschach to protect him from the others ganging up on him.

#32 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@sync1 said:

I'm pretty sure IP man is the fastest here (correct me if I'm wrong). Since he's blood-lusted, he will do a lot more vital attacks at a fast rate. + he's got Rocky & Rorschach to protect him from the others ganging up on him.

Ozy is probably faster. Movie Rorschach and Rocky seemed nothing more than simple brawlers, their opponents are better than that.

#33 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19892 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@sync1 said:

Ozy is probably faster. Movie Rorschach and Rocky seemed nothing more than simple brawlers, their opponents are better than that.

Rorschach can take down 10 cops or so easily, and the only reason he was caught was because his rage got the better of him and he started wasting his time bashing that one cop on the ground. Rorschach is also a great detective and good at improvising. He is an experienced boxer/fighter.

Rocky on the other hand, is slower than all these fighters, but his punches are easily the strongest. Not to mention Balboa's wicked durability. Ivan Drago in Rocky 4 had a punch of 2000psi. That is more force than a short-range shotgun blast, and Rocky Balboa tanked those throughout the entire fight. I included Balboa in this fight for a reason.

"Be water my friend"

#34 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@Xanni15 said:

@sync1 said:

Rorschach can take down 10 cops or so easily, and the only reason he was caught was because his rage got the better of him and he started wasting his time bashing that one cop on the ground. Rorschach is also a great detective and good at improvising. He is an experienced boxer/fighter.

Rocky on the other hand, is slower than all these fighters, but his punches are easily the strongest. Not to mention Balboa's wicked durability. Ivan Drago in Rocky 4 had a punch of 2000psi. That is more force than a short-range shotgun blast, and Rocky Balboa tanked those throughout the entire fight. I included Balboa in this fight for a reason.

"Be water my friend"

I didn't mean to demean him, but per the OP it's only hand to hand and no equipment so he would be at a disadvantage here as a brawler/boxer, not to mention his rage as you mentioned is what got him in trouble (he's bloodlusted here). As for taking out the cops, he needed equipment to do that, equipment he won't have here plus I don't see anyone in this match up who couldn't take out 10 cops. I understand about Rocky but his durability will be ut to the test when someone figures out he can tank their punches, put him against a martial artist who will be faster than him and I don't see him lasting long at all.

#35 Posted by sync1 (2718 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@Xanni15 said:

@sync1 said:

"Be water my friend"

I didn't mean to demean him, but per the OP it's only hand to hand and no equipment so he would be at a disadvantage here as a brawler/boxer, not to mention his rage as you mentioned is what got him in trouble (he's bloodlusted here). As for taking out the cops, he needed equipment to do that, equipment he won't have here plus I don't see anyone in this match up who couldn't take out 10 cops. I understand about Rocky but his durability will be ut to the test when someone figures out he can tank their punches, put him against a martial artist who will be faster than him and I don't see him lasting long at all.

How's about 10 black belts? You have to remember IP man is with them. They're not going to let each other get overwhelmed.

#36 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19892 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@Xanni15 said:

@sync1 said:

"Be water my friend"

I see what you're driving at now.

I agree that he did need weapons but that was only because of their weaponry. If they were unarmed, he could have solo'd them all. Keep in mind that for a regular person, that is extremely impressive to take down 10 or so SWAT, who are professionally trained. Police are a lower tier but still impressive nonetheless.

Also, Rocky would last a long time.

Medium Speed/High Level Punches > High Speed/Low Level Punches

Ivan Drago was pummeling him relentlessly in the boxing match everywhere and he was tanking him. I am pretty sure he could tank hits that are faster but weaker. The only problem is actually hitting them, but I think if he tags them once or twice, that alone would cause lots of injuries/damage.

"Be water my friend"

#37 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@Xanni15 said:

@sync1 said:

"Be water my friend"

I see what you're driving at now.

I agree that he did need weapons but that was only because of their weaponry. If they were unarmed, he could have solo'd them all. Keep in mind that for a regular person, that is extremely impressive to take down 10 or so SWAT, who are professionally trained. Police are a lower tier but still impressive nonetheless.

Also, Rocky would last a long time.

Medium Speed/High Level Punches > High Speed/Low Level Punches

Ivan Drago was pummeling him relentlessly in the boxing match everywhere and he was tanking him. I am pretty sure he could tank hits that are faster but weaker. The only problem is actually hitting them, but I think if he tags them once or twice, that alone would cause lots of injuries/damage.

"Be water my friend"

Regarding the police, I'll give you that but I still have trouble seeing how he hangs with people who could do the same and more. I know it seems like I'm picking on him but I'm not, he just seems overmatched.

As for Rocky, I was getting at that his opponents are not just going to stand there and box with him, they're going to evade his punches and they're going to kick, put him in holds or maybe go for joint attacks. IMO he too is overmatched as just a boxer who tanks (and punches very hard).

#38 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@sync1 said:

@Xanni15 said:

@Xanni15 said:

@sync1 said:

"Be water my friend"

How's about 10 black belts? You have to remember IP man is with them. They're not going to let each other get overwhelmed.

Upon first looking over the teams I almost went with team 1 because of Ip Man, he's very impressive but if he has to assist his team members it's going to affect him whereas members of other teams can stand on their own (at least for some amount of time). Of course it's possible Ip Man disposes of his opponents so quickly he's able to assist them without trouble.

#39 Posted by sync1 (2718 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@sync1 said:

@Xanni15 said:

@Xanni15 said:

@sync1 said:

"Be water my friend"

Upon first looking over the teams I almost went with team 1 because of Ip Man, he's very impressive but if he has to assist his team members it's going to affect him whereas members of other teams can stand on their own (at least for some amount of time). Of course it's possible Ip Man disposes of his opponents so quickly he's able to assist them without trouble.

They need some sort of team work. The quality of Rocky is that he has the ability to take hits. Possibly hold them off, and absorbing those hits until Ip man can help. IMO, Rorschach is the weakling here. He's good, but in all honesty, he's going to need teamwork. He cannot face them alone. If Rorschach works with Rocky and Rocky manages to tag one of them, Rocky's going to do some damage.

#40 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@sync1 said:

@Xanni15 said:

@sync1 said:

@Xanni15 said:

@Xanni15 said:

@sync1 said:

"Be water my friend"

They need some sort of team work. The quality of Rocky is that he has the ability to take hits. Possibly hold them off, and absorbing those hits until Ip man can help. IMO, Rorschach is the weakling here. He's good, but in all honesty, he's going to need teamwork. He cannot face them alone. If Rorschach works with Rocky and Rocky manages to tag one of them, Rocky's going to do some damage.

There doesn't appear to be any time for prep (I could be wrong) so getting a plan worked out would be tough if they're all bloodlusted. And I'm not sure, so correct me if I'm wrong, but would being bloodlusted affect whether they would be willing to work as a team? Yes, Rocky can take straight power punches just fine but how would he do against a martial artist or someone who's going to do more than punch him? In addition, Rocky's speed is a definite negative here.

#41 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: Since when has his mask ever been considered armour? It's merely there for symbolic reasons.

#42 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget:

I thought someone punched him in the face and they hurt their hand, seems like it might help? I wasn't sure if it qualified or not.

#43 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Minus the fast movement effect that was given to him ... none of the SWAT team actually start to reload until after he killed about half of them as they were in shock that he was still alive ... not just shock .. but scared I would say as that is what I would be. This effect would not occur in a h2h combat fight b/c if you hit V ... you would not be shocked by the result.

Regardless his feat on taking them down is a speed feat. It isn't a H2H combat feat but an okay speed feat ... don't let the special effects fool you b/c those swat guys were def. scared and unfocused. Mad Dog welcomes competition and would love to fight V for sport ... V would win .. but it wouldnt be in a minutes time IMO.

Side note: Rocky brings more than durability to the table ... he is durable, talks trash in fights, and due to his durability people think they are winning against him and underestimate him ... and he explodes on with a bunch of power punches.

As for the negativity vs Rors .. he is the only one in this thread that went toe to toe w/ ozy and got knocked down and kept coming back ... that is a feat in itself. Team 1 is a solid team ... i just honestly don't believe that all of team 1 can beat ozy .. even w/o mad dog.

I feel team 1 is easily 2nd place though.

#44 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandiego008 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Side note: Rocky brings more than durability to the table ... he is durable, talks trash in fights, and due to his durability people think they are winning against him and underestimate him ... and he explodes on with a bunch of power punches.

As for the negativity vs Rors .. he is the only one in this thread that went toe to toe w/ ozy and got knocked down and kept coming back ... that is a feat in itself. Team 1 is a solid team ... i just honestly don't believe that all of team 1 can beat ozy .. even w/o mad dog.

I feel team 1 is easily 2nd place though.

Rocky's durability is based on him taking punches (very powerful ones mind you) but he's facing highly skilled and fast martial artists here who have beaten tougher than him. I seriously doubt anyone here is going to just trade punches with him.

As for Rorschach, Ozy IMO was clearly toying with him and wasn't even trying. We saw what happened to the Comedian when Ozy was taking things more seriously.

#45 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandiego008: Fair enough point regarding V, yet I still think he possesses significant speed over Mad Dog, maybe not combat, but pure speed.

As for Rocky, the durability is marked throughout a fight that instills rules and fighters with similar styles to his own. He's slower than almost any other combatant here and far less skilled. His tendency to take hits to the face are going to be his downfall.