#1 Edited by logy5000 (5829 posts) - - Show Bio

Both sides have 2 months prep time. Fight's in the plains of Kansas. Who wins?

#2 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5446 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man.  Movie Reed didn't seem to be up to snuff iirc.

#3 Edited by SHAZAM117 (3124 posts) - - Show Bio

I still give this to Iron Man. Reeds prep didn't really seem too impressive in the FF movies....It actually took Doom to figure out Surfers' weakness in FF2....Thing can't fly so he gets blown to smithereens from a far....Johnny can't really do anything to Stark unless he goes "supernova" destroying everyone...the only one that may pose a threat is Invisible Woman, but even she has to have great concentration and time (making her weak)to really do anything...Stark wins

#4 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

With prep the fantastic four took on the silver surfer so i think it's safe to assume they can take on iron man especially with 2 months prep

#5 Posted by cattlebattle (12825 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man gets distracted at how much Human Torch looks like Captain America......

Thing KOs him

end of fight.

#6 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20318 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

Iron Man gets distracted at how much Human Torch looks like Captain America...... Thing KOs him end of fight.

More like Iron Man gets distracted by Invisible Woman and gets hit by Thing, but doesn't get knocked out since he went toe-to-toe with Thor, and wins anyways.

"Be water my friend"

#7 Posted by XImpossibruX (5180 posts) - - Show Bio

@justleader said:

With prep the fantastic four took on the silver surfer so i think it's safe to assume they can take on iron man especially with 2 months prep

Silver surfer (like Galactus) was depowered as hell for the sake of the movie.

#8 Posted by cattlebattle (12825 posts) - - Show Bio
@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@cattlebattle said:

More like Iron Man gets distracted by Invisible Woman and gets hit by Thing, but doesn't get knocked out since he went toe-to-toe with Thor, and wins anyways.

You are aware he could only go toe to toe with Thor because of the accidental lightning upgrade, otherwise, he seemed to take a pounding
#9 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie Iron Man

#10 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

@justleader said:

Silver surfer (like Galactus) was depowered as hell for the sake of the movie.

I'm aware that he is weaker than his comic counterpart but he was still very powerful able to destroy a being like galactus (who's size was bigger than the earth) so that's billion times above movie Iron man.

#11 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20318 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@cattlebattle said:

You are aware he could only go toe to toe with Thor because of the accidental lightning upgrade, otherwise, he seemed to take a pounding

Iron Man could still probably tank The Thing's hits anyways. His best feats. were stopping a firetruck or something like that am I correct?

Anyways, Iron Man is up in the air, so there's nothing Thing can really do.

"Be water my friend"

#12 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

IronMan Speedblitz unless Sue has her shields up, then it takes a while longer

#13 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

Iron Man gets distracted at how much Human Torch looks like Captain America...... Thing KOs him end of fight.

lol

#14 Posted by lemurboy123 (282 posts) - - Show Bio

iron man takes them all out and asks Steve Rogers? why are you dressed up like human torch?

and silver surfer was extremely de-powered he was a complete weakling without his board.

#15 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

FF, i dont remember any iron man prep feats either.

#16 Posted by logy5000 (5829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eternal19: With like 1 day prep he created a new suit.

#17 Edited by logy5000 (5829 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see what thing can do if iron man can do this.

#18 Posted by Bo88gdan (4414 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron man wins

#19 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000: It's ironic that you posted that considering the only reason Stark was able to stand a chance was due to the 300% upgrade to his systems that Thor's lightning granted him.

#20 Posted by logy5000 (5829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Think about it this way: what happens when you give a car 4 times more gas than it normally gets? Can it go faster, no. Can it pull more weight, no. Can it drive longer, yes. That's how the suit is. Having 400% power doesn't make him any stronger, it just makes his suit run longer.

#21 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

@Deranged Midget: Think about it this way: what happens when you give a car 4 times more gas than it normally gets? Can it go faster, no. Can it pull more weight, no. Can it drive longer, yes. That's how the suit is. Having 400% power doesn't make him any stronger, it just makes his suit run longer.

Really? Is it Iron Man's suit relatable to a car in any way? No. Does it make sense to apply real-life logic to comic books? No.

I don't see the reason for it. It was clearly evident that his armour received a massive upgrade in both power and strength as he was tossed around like a rag-doll when Thor first grabbed Loki off the Quin-jet.

#22 Posted by logy5000 (5829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Ironman ragdolled Thor too. How does having 400% power make him punch any harder? Extra electricity doesn't make his hands any harder. His repulsors still hurt Thor without the power boost. Why are we even talking about this anyway? My point is Ironman gave Thor a hard time and movie Thor>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>movie FF.

#23 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

@Deranged Midget: Ironman ragdolled Thor too. How does having 400% power make him punch any harder? Extra electricity doesn't make his hands any harder. His repulsors still hurt Thor without the power boost. Why are we even talking about this anyway? My point is Ironman gave Thor a hard time and movie Thor>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>movie FF.

Are you trying to ignore the facts straight out of the film? Tony's suit runs off power, the more power given, the better it operates. This is clearly evident in the first Iron Man film when Tony was running on an older model of Arc Reactor tech and his suit was at an extremely low power rate which barely allowed him to fly and stop a mini-van.

In this case, the 400% boost allowed his repulsors to send Thor flying and for him to gain a stronger footing against Thor.

#24 Posted by logy5000 (5829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: I really don't care. Without the power boost he's still capable a taking strikes from mjolnir. Swings from mjolnir>thing's punches.

#25 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

@Deranged Midget: Swings from mjolnir>thing's punches.

I never stated otherwise, merely that Iron Man was only able to withstand Thor's strikes long enough due to the massive power boost he received.

#26 Posted by logy5000 (5829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@logy5000 said:

@Deranged Midget: Swings from mjolnir>thing's punches.

I never stated otherwise, merely that Iron Man was only able to withstand Thor's strikes long enough due to the massive power boost he received.

Again, I understand that the boost made his repulsors stronger, but it doesn't make his suit any harder. Without the boost he's still capable of withstanding mjolnir's blows.

#27 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

Again, I understand that the boost made his repulsors stronger, but it doesn't make his suit any harder. Without the boost he's still capable of withstanding mjolnir's blows.

When did I argue that it made his suit more durable? I stated that it made his overall power output stronger and his attacks leaving a heavier hit.

#28 Posted by logy5000 (5829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Maybe I misinterpreted your statement, but it looked like you said that he took blows from Thor because of his boost.

#29 Posted by Frozen (13561 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure on this. Iron Man pulled off some good feats like taking out a Nuke, but Johnny was shown to go SuperNova.

#30 Posted by logy5000 (5829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Frozen: If he went nova it would kill everyone. Plus IM could one-shot him before he has a chance to go nova.

#31 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000: I argued that it helped him stand a far better chance than he originally would've, but no, not the sole reason why he didn't turn into a pile of scrap metal.

#32 Posted by Frozen (13561 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000: All he needs to do is melt his suit. It was stated that his suit is Titanium, Titanium melts at 1668 °C, 3034 °F. I'm not saying Iron Man loses, but the FF are being under-estimated here.

#33 Posted by logy5000 (5829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Frozen: It's only titanium? I thought it was a huge mix....

#34 Posted by omegablast452 (2425 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@logy5000 said:

Are you trying to ignore the facts straight out of the film? Tony's suit runs off power, the more power given, the better it operates. This is clearly evident in the first Iron Man film when Tony was running on an older model of Arc Reactor tech and his suit was at an extremely low power rate which barely allowed him to fly and stop a mini-van.

In this case, the 400% boost allowed his repulsors to send Thor flying and for him to gain a stronger footing against Thor.

Question.

If he had a 400% power boost won't that mean he could use more power in his repulsors and thus do more damage?

#35 Posted by logy5000 (5829 posts) - - Show Bio

@omegablast452: I'm not sure. If there is a limit to his repulsor strength, then no. If not, then yes.

#36 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@omegablast452 said:

Question.

If he had a 400% power boost won't that mean he could use more power in his repulsors and thus do more damage?

I don't see why not, the evidence was in the film. There was never a recorded limit to how much power his suit could hold, only by normal power standards.

#37 Edited by Frozen (13561 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

@Frozen: It's only titanium? I thought it was a huge mix....

To my knowledge, at the end of Iron Man he said Iron Man is a good name, but not entirely accurate as his suit is made from Titanium.

#38 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

LOL this.

#39 Posted by logy5000 (5829 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#40 Posted by Tony_Shark (476 posts) - - Show Bio

Before Iron Man was given his 400% boost, he took a full hit from Mjonir head on, knocked Thor way back with one repulsor, and then kicked him through a whole, thick pine tree.

So, while he isn't on Thor's level, Iron Man still displays some impressive durability, and strength feats.

Anyway, back on topic: FF lose.

They'll probably use Johnny to attack IM head on, and since Tony likes to use his flight advantage whenever he's outnumbered, then he'll be able to one-shot torch. He's faster, and pilots the suit better than Torch displays his flight abilities. He won't have time to go "supernova"

The rest are pretty easy to defeat. Though he'll have to get creative in order to actually kill them.

#41 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron man.