#1 Posted by sgtnickrage (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Just saw the Captain America movie. They made him pretty strong and fast but very little training. I'm a big Captain America fan but I might give the edge to Batman

#2 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7566 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Bruce could do some damage to Steve if he hits him swift and hard but in the end the super solider serum is likely to come up trumps. 

#3 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America

#4 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem there is Cap lands one good punch he's going to seriously mess Bruce up... and Bruce would most likely wear himself out fighting Cap. Cap was taking punches from a super solder enhanced Red Skull and it barely phased him. But Cap was throwing around Hydra goons left and right, sure they aren't trained like Batman but they are human just the same.

#5 Posted by daredevil21134 (10762 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap easily

#6 Posted by War Killer (19944 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the fact that movie Batman had trouble fighting two dogs and the Joker at the end of TDK, I'd say Cap.

#7 Posted by gunjin (716 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
Well the fact that movie Batman had trouble fighting two dogs and the Joker at the end of TDK, I'd say Cap.
haha.
#8 Posted by sgtnickrage (28 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer: Very funny, good point.
#9 Posted by sgtnickrage (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I like to see how batman will do against the Bane character.  
Bane should be comparable to Cap. 

#10 Posted by stuamerica (327 posts) - - Show Bio
@sgtnickrage said:
 I like to see how batman will do against the Bane character.  Bane should be comparable to Cap. 

Depends on how they do Bane.  I've heard rumors that they are basically gutting his backstory into more of a son or mega-protege of Ra's al Ghul.  I will wait to see for myself, but this would effect my view of their use of the character. 
It would be a good tussle, but I have my doubts that Batman could take Cap down.
#11 Posted by The Stegman (22998 posts) - - Show Bio

well it depends, does Batman get his gear? if so he wins easily via smoke bombs, explosives are sleeping gas, if it's pure hand to hand...giving it to cap

#12 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie Batman's greatest weapon is stealth. That's the whole point of training with Ra's. He may win if it's not pure H2H (meaning sneaking up, prep, etc. is allowed). Other than that, his very "human" incarnation would be beaten to the pulp.

#13 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (4987 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
lmao
#14 Posted by Aero_gt (840 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
agreed.
#15 Posted by sgtnickrage (28 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman: They did give Cap a 45, that should help.
#16 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America doesn't fatigue, so Batman would have to sneak up on him.
#17 Posted by The Stegman (22998 posts) - - Show Bio
@sgtnickrage: Batman's Kevlar can absorb most of the impact, again, if he has knockout gas, he can just put cap to sleep, however like i said, if its no gear and no weapons, hand to hand, then cap takes it
#18 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll see what Batman can do against Bane before I make a vote, but right now, Cap's got it.  

@The Stegman: The knockout gas might not work. Remember, Cap's got a great metabolism (good enough for him not to get drunk, anywway)

#19 Posted by Norusdog (203 posts) - - Show Bio

in a straight out brawl? Cap..it would go on awhile but cap would eventually prevail...Bruce is PEAK HUMAN CONDITIONING..cap is SUPERHUMAN CONDITIONING. 

Bruce would tire out and Cap would finish him off. 

now..and all-out fight? Batman would win..he has too many gadgets and too many ways to take Cap out.

#20 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be Cap. Number one reason all that all of you are missing: Cap can move more easily in his suit in comparison to Bale's Batman. TDK stated that this time he could actually move his head this time. Capes look cool, but they really aren't all that practical in a fight. You think Cap wouldn't use that to his advantage?? An if Cap has his guns and a shield, it's over. BTW, I'm sure that while in the military, in order for him to use guns and such, he still had at least basic training before the serum.

#21 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap 4tW

#22 Posted by entropy_aegis (14205 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
That was PIS,because in Begins Bruce easily took down 4 ninjas and even before he became Batman he destroyed 6 inmates.
#23 Edited by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:

@War Killer said:

That was PIS,because in Begins Bruce easily took down 4 ninjas and even before he became Batman he destroyed 6 inmates.
Well, Batman was fighting several people (the entire building, the Swat team) before fighting the Joker and his Joker poodles.
#24 Posted by alexandrinus (428 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap wins this. Faster, stronger and more agile. Bats migth win due to his gadgets but it would still be a hard fougth battle. Even in an all out figth I still give Cap the advantage. Cap needs only to hit Bats once. Give Batman some prep time and the figth will be in his favor.
#25 Posted by RisingBean (3563 posts) - - Show Bio

Something just hit me. Batman didn't have a lot of gadgets in the Nolanverse. We know he had lil' mines, and the mini batarang shuriken, but Bruce didn't have enough tricks to really put Cap down unless he blindsided him. Also this Batman isn't built so that prep gives him ungodly advantages. Sure having prep is good, but it isn't like he can use it the way the faux cosmic comic Batman can.
#26 Posted by sgtnickrage (28 posts) - - Show Bio
@Osiris1428: The movie shows Cap being Airborne trained, he's wearing his jump wings on his Army uniform. So I guess you have to take for granted that he received some sort of Army Training. But not the ninja level of training.
#27 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America

#28 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

I pick cap he is far to strong for Bruce and they made him as strong or stronger than his comic version.
#29 Edited by progenitor (7532 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America would win.  H2H, they're more likely equal, but Captain America has superior physical speed, strength, & nigh infinite cardio thanks to Erskine's serum.  I think the shield would play a big part in delivering hard blows, and I just don't think Batman has enough gadgets to keep Cap from tossing him around like a rag doll.
#30 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:

Funny and true.
#31 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap was knocking grown men around like ragdolls and was easily smashing through submarine glass under water. 
Seriously he had tremendous strength, speed and durability, given the had tanking hits from Red Skull who himself was enhanced.

#32 Posted by dboyrules2011 (11969 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#33 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is this thread still going when there was another one like this done already?

#35 Posted by vandinejd_1991 (257 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America hands down. Just one shield throw would send Batman reeling plus a shield backhand that Cap likes to usewould knock him out real quick. Also in term's of Batman's gadgets, Captain America's shield would just be a good defense against all of them. If Cap's Shield can block a blow from Thor's hammer, Iron Man's repulsor beams, and a blast from Cyclops then a few Batarangs would be nothing.

#36 Posted by jsav777 (658 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap easy. A hit with that shield could almost kill Bats. The dude got wrecked by dogs and a bunch of wannabes. Cap has superior close range with his shield and long range. Let's be honest, Cap's Shield > Little Batarangs

#37 Edited by logy5000 (5642 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke said:

Cap was knocking grown men around like ragdolls and was easily smashing through submarine glass under water. Seriously he had tremendous strength, speed and durability, given the had tanking hits from Red Skull who himself was enhanced.

Not only that, but he THREW grown men like ragdolls, with 1 arm.

#38 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain FTW...easily btw

#39 Posted by ALMIGHTY (596 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie Cap > Movie Bane > Movie Joker With Dogs > Movie Batman

#40 Posted by KaioKen (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@12345678 said:

Batman stomps, Faster, Better Martial Art Skilled, Better gadgets...etc

Batman wins. 5/10

Stomping = 50% wins

#41 Posted by Nessy (569 posts) - - Show Bio

@12345678 said:

Batman stomps, Faster, Better Martial Art Skilled, Better gadgets...etc

Batman wins. 5/10

The other 5/10 are draws, and the third 5/10 Thanos wins.

#42 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64 said:

Captain America
#43 Posted by leonkarlen123 (3804 posts) - - Show Bio

@alexandrinus: WTF once? Bruce was taking punches from Bane and has taken alot of punishment. Dc Peak humans are above Marvels imo since they ll have better feats

#44 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

@alexandrinus: WTF once? Bruce was taking punches from Bane and has taken alot of punishment. Dc Peak humans are above Marvels imo since they ll have better feats

And that's for the comics. I honestly don't see movie Batman doing anything lasting to movie Cap.
That's not to say Bat's doesn't have good feats like falling 60+ feet, running up to guys that are shooting rifles down a narrow hall, tanking punches from Bane who in which is strong enough to break stone columns, etc. With all that, his best is still in stealth, and if he's not using that, Cap beats him.... Not easily.

#45 Edited by leonkarlen123 (3804 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: But Batman got fear gas in his suit... If he is willing to give all it takes he will use it.

Damn did i just Necro an 1.7 yr old thread??

#46 Posted by r2datu (592 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: But Batman got fear gas in his suit... If he is willing to give all it takes he will use it.

Damn did i just Necro an 1.7 yr old thread??

When did he ever have fear gas in his suit? He gassed Scarecrow with it in BB, but that was using Scarecrow's own suit. He didn't use it in TDK or TDKR. Even if he DID have fear gas, how well would that go for him? We don't know how well poisons affect Cap though we do know that his metabolism is so fast that he's unable to get drunk. But if he did get poisoned, what we're left with is an enraged, blood lusted superhuman that punches and kicks with enough force to throw men twenty feet in the air and swings around an indestructible shield with enough force to rip through reinforced, bullet proof metal like tissue paper.

#47 Posted by remynisce (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America for the win! I don't see any epic fighting moment in the last movie of Batman that can be use to match against Cap's. Seriously, i haven't seen Batman do Ninja moves except for the first movie. Has it been confirmed that Cap has 'little training' in military? I doubt that.