User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Morals On/In Character
  • Standard Gear
  • NO COMIC FEATS
  • No Knowledge/Random Encounter
  • Starting Distance 50 Feet & Semi Visible(Old Factory)
  • Night Time
No Caption Provided

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Good match, Angel wins via the speed edge.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@sirfizzwhizz: is Angel that much faster than Blade? He's fought a couple of vampires at blinding speed in the movies iirc.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speed edge? H2h speed is around the same imo. I dont think there is an edge.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@wavemotioncannon said:

@sirfizzwhizz: is Angel that much faster than Blade? He's fought a couple of vampires at blinding speed in the movies iirc.

@those_eyes said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

Never Seen Blade move this fast.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

or tank this much damage.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The one comic feat is NOT A COMIC FEAT. Its a comic adaptation of the Six Season, straight from the show.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tough hmmm angel, because he goes up against stronger beings and damages them. Still i great fight though.

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade for a slight majority

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ends in sex...OOpps. I mean draw. It ends in a draw.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ends in sex...OOpps. I mean draw. It ends in a draw.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By those_eyes

@wavemotioncannon said:

@those_eyes said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The one comic feat is NOT A COMIC FEAT. Its a comic adaptation of the Six Season, straight from the show.

Again that looks more like travel speed and i said h2h speed. His h2h is near the same as blades imo.

Besides angel doesnt even move like that all the time. There are way too many instances where angel has been tagged by humans and low level vamps for you to use those feats you posted as an overall speed advantage.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Angel wins.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@those_eyes said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:
@wavemotioncannon said:

@those_eyes said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Again that looks more like travel speed and i said h2h speed. His h2h is near the same as blades imo.

Besides angel doesnt even move like that all the time. There are way too many instances where angel has been tagged by humans and low level vamps for you to use those feats you posted as an overall speed advantage.

He applies this travel speed in the speed blitz of humans, and Blade feats are nowhere near faster on the average either to be fair. If using rare high ends for both, Angels has more and is better IMO.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm not gonna say who wins, but I don't see either of them having any sort of speed advantage. It's not like they both fight while blurring around like True Blood or Vampire Dairy Vamps.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: I was about to say that. Angel has a lot of low end feats. One minute he can fall off a building, another he can get subdued by people far weaker.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

I'm not gonna say who wins, but I don't see either of them having any sort of speed advantage. It's not like they both fight while blurring around like True Blood or Vampire Dairy Vamps.

exactly.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If only Buffy characters where consistent with their durability and strength in the TV series
if we don't cherry pick feats for Angel Blade wins

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: They are pretty consistent. All characters that have long arcs and lot of showings, with different writers/directors making a stamp on the character there is gonna be some high and low feats that are going to happen. To steal a line from Nickzambto; you could call this capabilities & limitations. Sure, Joss Whedon was controlling most of the material and put his approval on it, but there is still multiple directors and writers working on a big show like this with lots of episodes each season. Characters that usually have tighter arcs/less issues will have less of the high and low feat differences. Because usually one or two writers are working on it and or the showrunner has a tighter lease on his underlings.

They aren't any worse than any standard street level character that has a bunch of high and low feats.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pierpat

@lukehero said:

@pierpat: They are pretty consistent. All characters that have long arcs and lot of showings, with different writers/directors making a stamp on the character there is gonna be some high and low feats that are going to happen. To steal a line from Nickzambto; you could call this capabilities & limitations. Sure, Joss Whedon was controlling most of the material and put his approval on it, but there is still multiple directors and writers working on a big show like this with lots of episodes each season. Characters that usually have tighter arcs/less issues will have less of the high and low feat differences. Because usually one or two writers are working on it and or the showrunner has a tighter lease on his underlings.

They aren't any worse than any standard street level character that has a bunch of high and low feats.

Honestly, i disagree.

Characters that are clearly above peak human often keep that aura of superiority, fodderizing not incredibly skilled peak humans

Vamps in the buffyverse go from full blown superhuman house collapse-rs to guys unpowered hunters can take on
now, i do recognize many other characters are inconsistent,some are even worse, but saying most are is wrong imo.Blade isn't, if we want to use an on-point example.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: That's the fodder. Yes I know they literally let an army of highschoolers(lead by solider Xander) beat down a bunch of vamps during season 3 finale. After that I was like, these average vamps suck. However(Example): True Blood fodder vamps went from still incredible speed blitzers, then people like Jason would tag them. So, it happens in other tv shows, such as Arrow as well with the LOA Ninjas. In season 2 they were amazing, and in season 3 all of the gang was fodderizing them.

The top fighters/powered characters in the TV Universe for Buffy/Angel still have a bunch of better fights vs main established main characters.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@pierpat: That's the fodder. Yes I know they literally let an army of highschoolers(lead by solider Xander) beat down a bunch of vamps during season 3 finale. After that I was like, these average vamps suck. However(Example): True Blood fodder vamps went from still incredible speed blitzers, then people like Jason would tag them. So, it happens in other tv shows, such as Arrow as well with the LOA Ninjas. In season 2 they were amazing, and in season 3 all of the gang was fodderizing them.

The top fighters/powered characters in the TV Universe for Buffy/Angel still have a bunch of better fights vs main established main characters.

Again, i don't doubt other series have these issues(True blood should not be an example really, given it is not fight-centered and the creators actually said they gave jack shit about the balancement), but this does not make it any better against characters that suffer less of these issues.
Honestly, i do recall both Spike and Angel having problems with unpowered humans, or is it just me?
haven't watched buffy for a few years.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: Spike and Angel have never had trouble with non powered humans without context; being previously injured, prepped against, etc.

Talon_Deadeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: @lukehero:
Guys, I don't understand why this is a debate.
Blade has at least 2 ways to kill Angel instantly and 1 is an AOE. (UV grande and Anti vamp Serum)

So, I don't really see this lasting more than a few moments. How does Angel get past the UV bomb. and if he does. When they move to H2H, which they will, how does he get past the Vamp killing Serum. And bullets might not kill Angel but we know they hurt him and slow him down. So, what makes this not a stomp?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: @lukehero:

Guys, I don't understand why this is a debate.

Blade has at least 2 ways to kill Angel instantly and 1 is an AOE. (UV grande and Anti vamp Serum)

So, I don't really see this lasting more than a few moments. How does Angel get past the UV bomb. and if he does. When they move to H2H, which they will, how does he get past the Vamp killing Serum. And bullets might not kill Angel but we know they hurt him and slow him down. So, what makes this not a stomp?

two things.

1) UV grenade will not instant kill at all. Sunlight does not instant kill Buffy Vamps, and Angel ran through daylight before more than once. What is more funny is how Vampires in Blade 1 tank UV light (pearl) for extetended period of time just fine. It was a laughable concept the second movie, however to be fair the UV light did not instant kell the female vampire or the bald one, only burning them badly. It only one shotted Reapers which were very weak to UV unlike normal Vampires.

2) Anti Vampire Serum will fail horribly. Angel vampirism is mystical not science base. No one been able to science wise affect Buffy Vampires. So saying it would work is bad logic. Hell Buffy Vampires are not weak to silver, and only wood through the heart kills them. Major differences.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:
@lukehero said:

Again, i don't doubt other series have these issues(True blood should not be an example really, given it is not fight-centered and the creators actually said they gave jack shit about the balancement), but this does not make it any better against characters that suffer less of these issues.

Honestly, i do recall both Spike and Angel having problems with unpowered humans, or is it just me?

haven't watched buffy for a few years.

Im sorry, as a huge fan of the series, I cannot remember ONE TIME where Angel or Spike had issues with humans other than the first seasons. Care to bring up examples please?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: @sirfizzwhizz: NOT to put ANY words into pierpat's mouth. But, Just off hand I'm guessing he is talking about when Principal Woods beat down Spike, but there was clear context to that, that seems to be one of the examples people always bring up. There have been other times that flash back Angel may have had trouble with some human hunters(Holts group) overwhelmed Angelous and kidnapped and tortured him. But, again Holts had prepped and set a trap for Angel.

There are probably a few more of these instances, but there was always context/prepp involved.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blade

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@pierpat: @sirfizzwhizz: NOT to put ANY words into pierpat's mouth. But, Just off hand I'm guessing he is talking about when Principal Woods beat down Spike, but there was clear context to that, that seems to be one of the examples people always bring up. There have been other times that flash back Angel may have had trouble with some human hunters(Holts group) overwhelmed Angelous and kidnapped and tortured him. But, again Holts had prepped and set a trap for Angel.

There are probably a few more of these instances, but there was always context/prepp involved.

I know, and whatever example people bring up I can counter why that happen. also principle Woods was not human.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: In the TV series he is. He may be the son of a Slayer, but he clearly stated he was human. At best he would be low level peak human. He didn't do anything to put him at any high level.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

@lukehero: The Dude is fast and Skilled

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lettsplay10: As far as speed goes, none of that would put him above Angel. I don't see either side having grounds to make any sort of speed argument that would play any major factor in the course of this battle.

Subjects up for debate are: Weaponry, Tactics, Experience, Strength, Durability, and of course the most subjective of all SKILL.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@sirfizzwhizz: In the TV series he is. He may be the son of a Slayer, but he clearly stated he was human. At best he would be low level peak human. He didn't do anything to put him at any high level.

Thats my bad, I was thinking of the Principle in the first two seasons. Woods is a former Watcher, and I dont remember him beating Spike.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

@lukehero: The Dude is fast and Skilled

Thats pretty low caliber when we see angel do better against a establish Slayer like Faith and Watcher like Wesely.

Loading Video...

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: He(Woods) set Spike up in season 7 during the Crazy Spike arc. He played the music/trigger that the first had implanted and turned Spike beastly. He had the room set up with crosses though, and wore a special mech suit thingy to boost his strength.

Season 7 Episode 17: Lies My Parents Told Me

Loading Video...

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@lukehero: Yup lots of context there. A skilled watcher, cross filled room, with a mech device to amp his strength.

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: that looks a bit weaker to me I'm afraid. Maybe we can charge it to cinematic's, but blade looks stronger and a bit more skilled in his scene. Plus he moved pretty fast after he killed his mother, and he quickly grabbed his jacket and went after frost. They atleast have comparable speed and reflexes, wow this is a tough battle for me because I enjoy both of these characters.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@postacrat: The thing is Blade fights and beats fodder humans or vamps. Angel fights characters like Spike, Buffy, or Faith in fights.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz:

Comic feats are considered cannon since they are a continuation from the end of season 5 where the show ended.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz:

Comic feats are considered cannon since they are a continuation from the end of season 5 where the show ended.

• NO COMIC FEATS
Avatar image for tremble_in_fear
tremble_in_fear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By tremble_in_fear

@lukehero: Is it against Angel and his team or just against Angel himself?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Not to sure if that makes a case other than the fact that this fight wouldn't be easy for blade. Deacon Frost Dodged bullets with no effort, he literally looked at them come at him before slightly moving his head. The female vampire who was in his gang dodged shot gun blasts at close range, and continued to out speed the shots until she disarmed the one shooting at her. Nyssa and her partner were very skilled in CQC displaying good feats of speed, agility, and skill and blade beat them both easily. I'm not even gonna touch on Nomak, my point is Blade vampires aren't all fodder. Quit a few have displayed bullet dodging, super strength and durability and speed feats as a default powerset. Not to mention blade lacks all common weakness of a vampire, while Angel has every weakness of a Vampire.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mostly neck and neck physical in stats.

Durability edge goes to Angel, tanking bullets by large numbers where Blade would need recovery time.

Avatar image for tremble_in_fear
tremble_in_fear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By tremble_in_fear

@lukehero: Good bc adding the team would make this a stomp. I think Angel would take it. He and Blade are pound for pound similar in physicals but Angel has displayed more feats that give him a slight edge. If Blade struggled that much with Nomak then I can't see him defeating Angel for the majority. I'd rule in favor of Angel 6/10 times. If he can go Angelus-mode then I'd increase that number to 7-8/10 times.

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Postacrat

Blade Vs Nyssa

http://youtu.be/aTQghIn2vgQ

Blade 2 opener

http://youtu.be/Vcd_qCDfAyk

Here are two of my favorite scenes from blade 2. Now as I said we probably should charge it to budget and cinematic's because Angel has similar feats, however Blade looks just a bit more powerful and skilled.

http://youtu.be/7RppfiZ50jQ

Frost dodging bullets easily from Blade 1