Movie Blade Vs. Achilles (Troy)

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#1  Edited By shroudofsorrow

The movie version of Blade takes on Achilles as he was in the movie Troy. For Blade only his feats from the first two movies are allowed here. No Blade Trinity feats may be used and Blade also does not have any firearms. He is allowed his stakes as well as his sword though. Achilles is allowed both his sword and shield.

Scenario: While hunting down some vampires Blade comes across a bizarre ritual that sees some vampires revive the fallen warrior Achilles to fight for them against Blade. Blade barely has time to take in the sight before Achilles prepares to do battle against the Daywalker. Note that though Achilles has been revived here his physical stats are not changed. It is Achilles as he was in Troy.

Round 1: Stats are standard

Round 2: Equalized physical stats

Who wins?

No Caption Provided

Versus

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

..er Blade. Physical stats are way too high, has a very potent healing factor and is roughly as skilled as Achilles. Not really a fair match up. Equalize stats and remove the healing factor, then we have a fight.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: I don't recall Blade ever displaying a HF in the first movie. Did he display it at all in the second film?

phantom1527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Blade is an enhanced/superhuman with great skills. This is just unfair.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: I can't remember specific times when he showed he had a healing factor but he did have one. As did other vampires. They were re-healing limbs and stuff.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: It would be nice to have specific instances of it in action, especially since then we could figure out just how potent Blade's HF is. In any event, I can see what you're getting at regarding the disparity in physical stats. I'll edit that at least.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Blade brutalizes Achilles in round 1

Round 2 is very even though.....i'll give slight majority to Achilles only because he has a shield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: Nice one.

Round 1 I'll give to Blade. Not that Achilles won't make him work for it, but it's not a fight he can win.

Round 2 I'l say 6/10 to Achilles. I see him as minimally more skilled than Blade, although really it could go either way. Both of these guys are beasts.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Keep in mind that Blade has regenerative ability to some degree, which could allow him to take more punishment then Achilles. I think he stands a good chance of taking Round 2, if not every single time.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Keep in mind that Blade has regenerative ability to some degree, which could allow him to take more punishment then Achilles. I think he stands a good chance of taking Round 2, if not every single time.

Oh, I thought he had that removed for round 2....well, with that...I say Blade can take that round 7-8/10

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By homicidalmaniac

Blade

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blade 1,achilles 2.

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Chibi_cute

@shroudofsorrow said:

@i_like_swords: I don't recall Blade ever displaying a HF in the first movie. Did he display it at all in the second film?

In blade 2 his hands and legs were impaled and his right leg got shot with a shotgun then after blade got dipped in pool of blood all of his wounds healed in an instant.

Loading Video...

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade slaughters all rounds.

Thewhiteronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade stomps:

Loading Video...

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewhiteronin: @chibi_cute: Blade is not stomping, and in the round with equalized stats I don't see him winning anymore then 7/10.

@chibi_cute: Ah, but that happened after he was dipped in blood. There's no pool of blood in this fight for him to do that.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@thewhiteronin: @chibi_cute: Blade is not stomping the round with equalized stats and in fact I don't see him winning anymore then 7/10. He's not stomping the first round either. A stomp would entail a completely effortless win, which will not happen. Achilles will give him a fight no matter what.

@chibi_cute said:

@shroudofsorrow said:

In blade 2 his hands and legs were impaled and his right leg got shot with a shotgun then after blade got dipped in pool of blood all of his wounds healed in an instant.

Loading Video...

Ah, but that was after being dipped in blood. There's no pool of blood for him to do that here.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Xanni15

Achilles both rounds, Blade wasn't very impressive and Achilles actually does have the edge in skill imo. Hector was no slouch, and even he could only scratch the armor of Achilles who was toying with him and was in no way in any danger. Achilles isn't just your standard warrior, he was chucking spears a great distance away on a line. I could see Blade underestimating him and paying the price. Achilles w/sword>Blade w/sword.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanni15: Disagree about Blade being unimpressive:

Loading Video...

And that's following his soloing a large number of Vampires in H2H.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Chibi_cute

@shroudofsorrow said:

@thewhiteronin: @chibi_cute: Blade is not stomping, and in the round with equalized stats I don't see him winning anymore then 7/10.

@chibi_cute: Ah, but that happened after he was dipped in blood. There's no pool of blood in this fight for him to do that.

Still doesn't matter vampires in blade can regenerate and have higher damage soak. they can be burned and can tank gunfire and is still alive. Blade is stomping in round 1. and will still stomp in round 2. blade dominates achilles in a pure swordfight.

Loading Video...

please post a feat of achilles having impressive sword skills like this.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Chibi_cute

@xanni15 said:

Achilles both rounds, Blade wasn't very impressive and Achilles actually does have the edge in skill imo. Hector was no slouch, and even he could only scratch the armor of Achilles who was toying with him and was in no way in any danger. Achilles isn't just your standard warrior, he was chucking spears a great distance away on a line. I could see Blade underestimating him and paying the price. Achilles w/sword>Blade w/sword.

Not impressive? really? a guy with immense strength speed and skill is not impressive?

Round 1 is actually a slaughter in favor of blade. If you have seen blade in all of his movies blade is far more skilled than achilles..

also titanium sword >>>>> bronze aged sword.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Blade wins

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute said:

Not impressive? really? a guy with immense strength speed and skill is not impressive?

Round 1 is actually a slaughter in favor of blade. If you have seen blade in all of his movies blade is far more skilled than achilles..

Really, not impressive. Immense strength was also had by other characters, Achilles wasn't the strongest, but he was the best.

What makes you believe he's more skilled? I have seen all of the movies.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute:

Loading Video...

Skip past the first two minutes, as that's more army vs. army stuff.

and...

Loading Video...

Might add more feats later if I can find them.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanni15 said:

@chibi_cute said:

Really, not impressive. Immense strength was also had by other characters, Achilles wasn't the strongest, but he was the best.

What makes you believe he's more skilled? I have seen all of the movies.

watch my previous post. blade was toying against 2 ninja like vampires in a swordfight. the other one was wielding dual katanas. also blade would overpower achilles in each blows. remember the final fight scene in blade 2 where he kicked a guy so hard it sent him flying? blade could tank more damage than you could imagine achilles can stab him a couple of times and is still ok.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By shroudofsorrow

I still don't believe the round with equalized stats is a stomp. Again, that would entail a completely effortless win, like if Blade beat him after just a few clashes of the swords. Achilles will put up more of a fight then that, regardless of whether or not he wins.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Xanni15

watch my previous post. blade was toying against 2 ninja like vampires in a swordfight. the other one was wielding dual katanas. also blade would overpower achilles in each blows. remember the final fight scene in blade 2 where he kicked a guy so hard it sent him flying? blade could tank more damage than you could imagine achilles can stab him a couple of times and is still ok.

I can easily point to Achilles demolishing a ton of Trojan warriors single handedly, nobody could stop him and even Hector was amazed at his skill.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still don't believe the round with equalized stats is a stomp. Again, that would entail a completely effortless win, like if Blade beat him after just a few clashes of the swords. Achilles will put up more of a fight then that, regardless of whether or not he wins.

Achilles never encountered a guy who combines swordplay skills with kicks and punches. in a straight h2h fight blade would absolutely massacre achilles.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By leonkarlen123

Achilles is more skilled but he still lose

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@chibi_cute said:

@shroudofsorrow said:

Achilles never encountered a guy who combines swordplay skills with kicks and punches.

Maybe not, but he the showings he has are more then indicative of his skill. And in the round with equalized physical stats those punches and kicks won't do much to Achilles on the account of his armor and shield.

In a straight h2h fight blade would absolutely massacre achilles.

This is a sword-fight, not a H2H fight. And if my H2H you meant a duel with weapons then I still don't agree, at least not concerning the round with equalized physical stats. With Blade at his standard level yes, he would win easily. But not the round with equalized stats. That is not a stomp in either direction.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Xanni15

Achilles never encountered a guy who combines swordplay skills with kicks and punches. in a straight h2h fight blade would absolutely massacre achilles.

Absolutely irrelevant, as this is not a h2h fight. Achilles was said to be the greatest warrior the world had ever seen. He never lost a fight, was never injured in a fight, never was actually challenged in a fight. Outside of his heel, Achilles showed no weaknesses. Blade can kick all he wants, doesn't make it any different.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanni15 said:

@chibi_cute said:

Absolutely irrelevant, as this is not a h2h fight. Achilles was said to be the greatest warrior the world had ever seen. He never lost a fight, was never injured in a fight, never was actually challenged in a fight. Outside of his heel, Achilles showed no weaknesses. Blade can kick all he wants, doesn't make it any different.

he is the greatest warrior in his universe but just against regular fodder weak humans, but he never faced a guy with superhuman reflexes ,speed and strength and durability so overwhelming he would run for his money. Blade has faced far greater opponents than achilles. Blade is a superhuman vampire while achilles was just a regular human. If you claim to have seen all the blade movies i'm pretty sure you know the validity of this one.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@chibi_cute: Except Achilles really wasn't an ordinary human. The whole point was that he was above and beyond what any other person on either side of that war was. And besides that that point is moot in the round with equalized physical stats.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute said:

@shroudofsorrow said:

Achilles never encountered a guy who combines swordplay skills with kicks and punches.

Maybe not, but he the showings he has are more then indicative of his skill. And in the round with equalized physical stats those punches and kicks won't do much to Achilles on the account of his armor and shield.

@chibi_cute said:

In a straight h2h fight blade would absolutely massacre achilles.

This is a sword-fight, not a H2H fight. And if my H2H you meant a duel with weapons then I still don't agree, at least not concerning the round with equalized physical stats. With Blade at his standard level yes, he would win easily. But not the round with equalized stats. That is not a stomp in either direction.

Having a weak thin iron/bronze shield isn't going to help much when your opponent has a titanium sword capable of breaching the armor if you say all stats are equal then those punches and kicks are sure gonna do jack..

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute: Except Achilles really wasn't an ordinary human. The whole point was that he was above and beyond what any other person on either side of that war was. And besides that that point is moot in the round with equalized physical stats.

Not an ordinary human? then how he was killed so easily by an arrow then ?

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute said:

Not against the shield or armor. Blade's sword being able to get past the shield and armor is one thing, but his punches and kicks won't do much against the armor or shield, at least not in the round with equalized stats. The round where Blade has his superhuman strength is a different story, but with equalized physical stats Blade's punches and kicks are not getting past Achilles' armor or shield.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Xanni15

he is the greatest warrior in his universe but just against regular fodder weak humans, but he never faced a guy with superhuman reflexes ,speed and strength and durability so overwhelming he would run for his money. Blade has faced far greater opponents than achilles. Blade is a superhuman vampire while achilles was just a regular human. If you claim to have seen all the blade movies i'm pretty sure you know the validity of this one.

And random vamps who like to listen to techno music are supposedly not fodder?

Pls, whihc opponents are greater than Achilles? Drac was a huge letdown (not to mention Blade needed so much help), Frost toyed with Blade and could have killed him (and again Blade need help). Nomak was about the only one Blade took on himself, but he need info about how to reach his heart.

Achilles was in no way a regular human, if you've seen Troy you know that.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute said:

Not against the shield or armor. Blade's sword being able to get past the shield and armor is one thing, but his punches and kicks won't do much against the armor or shield, at least not in the round with equalized stats. The round where Blade has his superhuman strength is a different story, but with equalized physical stats Blade's punches and kicks are not getting past Achilles' armor or shield.

So.? does blade get to keep his bulletproof vest also here? and his glaives ?

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanni15 said:

@chibi_cute said:

And random vamps who like to listen to techno music are supposedly not fodder?

Pls, whihc opponents are greater than Achilles? Drac was a huge letdown (not to mention Blade needed so much help), Frost toyed with Blade and could have killed him (and again Blade need help). Nomak was about the only one Blade took on himself, but he need info about how to reach his heart.

Achilles was in no way a regular human, if you've seen Troy you know that.

dude i have seen troy and nowhere i recall achilles having superhuman feats on par with blade.

blade had difficulty with them but it doesn't mean achilles would stand a 1% chance against those guys either. blade was clearly dominating those guys in h2h fight and swordfights. If not for their greater durability and regeneration those guys would have been early dead.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute: I never said he was superhuman, only that he wasn't just a normal human.

Achilles would slaughter those random Vamps easily.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanni15 said:

@chibi_cute: I never said he was superhuman, only that he wasn't just a normal human.

Achilles would slaughter those random Vamps easily.

Nope never gonna happen. unless he has silver or ultraviolet weapons which he doesn't have.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute: My fault, I thought that was a given. What I meant was that the skill of Achilles is enough.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute said:

@shroudofsorrow said:

Not an ordinary human? then how he was killed so easily by an arrow then ?

Xanni15 kind of already covered this, but when I said he's not an ordinary human I didn't mean he was a superhuman so much a I meant he was better than your average joe.