laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Blade

No Caption Provided

After Killing Dracula, Blade somehow catches wind of a group of Superhuman trench coated figures committing various crimes, including Murder, Sabotage, Arson, Espionage etc. Given the fact that group are extremely hard to find and track, are capable of various inhuman feats, Blade assumes that these foes are some kind of new Super Vampire, since many of these crimes happen during the Day. So as usual he sets off to kill them.

Rules and Rounds

All combatants have standard Morals.

Blade only has the Gear stated for each round.

Win by Death, K.O, Incap or Submission.

Round 1. Trinity

No Caption Provided

Tier 1- H2H fight only.

Tier 2- Both Get Dual Pistols with a Good amount of Ammo (Neither Blade or Selene get body Armour).

Round 2. Morpheus

No Caption Provided

Tier 1- H2H Fight only

Tier 2- Morpheus and Blade both get Katana's

Round 3. Neo (Before Dying due to Agent Smith and becoming The One in first film).

No Caption Provided

Tier 1-H2H Fight only.

Tier 2-Blade get a Katana, Neo gets twin sai's

Round 4. Agent Smith (Base form Pre-Death and becoming a Virus)

No Caption Provided

H2H Fight only.

Round 5. Agent Jackson

No Caption Provided

H2H Fight Only.

Arena

No Caption Provided

Contestant start fight at marked positions.

Who wins and Why?

NB- If Blade loses a round he still gets to continue.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think Blade's in trouble.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade stops in round one.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By laflux

@isaac_clarke: reasons?

Remember if he doesn't win a round, he still gets to continue..

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

Trinity is a lot faster than I remember Blade was in his film and they arguably aren't much stronger than one another.

Agents were casual bullet timers that dodged machine gun fire and Neo was almost fast initially. Morpheus himself was displaying tremendous strength, speed and stamina dealing with Neo in the training room. Not to mention the later fight where he fought one of the upgraded agents.

There just is no winning for Blade without the very least equalizing speed - then you might have an argument, but he'd still be fighting vastly more skilled and much stronger fighters.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

I personally don't see Blade moving past Morpheus at all. Strength is relatively the same but I feel like Morpheus has a far better advantage in hand-to-hand and especially in skill. I may be underestimating Blade though as he took brutal beatings from the main villains in every film and managed to keep going. He has pretty impressive stamina and durability but he's just too outmatched in speed and skill.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By laflux

@isaac_clarke said:

@laflux said:

Trinity is a lot faster than I remember Blade was in his film and they arguably aren't much stronger than one another.

Agents were casual bullet timers that dodged machine gun fire and Neo was almost fast initially. Morpheus himself was displaying tremendous strength, speed and stamina dealing with Neo in the training room. Not to mention the later fight where he fought one of the upgraded agents.

There just is no winning for Blade without the very least equalizing speed - then you might have an argument, but he'd still be fighting vastly more skilled and much stronger fighters.

I'm not so sure. As @deranged_midget mentioned before, in the Amazing Spider-Man vs Agent Jackson thread IIRC, Agents don't translate their reaction speed into combat Speed as well as they should (with the possible exception of Smith) and are less skilled than the Resistance, hence why they are able to hold there own. For example when Trinity and Neo where fighting the fodder guards and an agents came out, Neo started bullet-timing and Trinity said that "you move likethey do. I've never seen anyone move that fast". So I don't think one can extrapolate Neo's and the Agent's Reaction speeds to Morpheus and Trinity IMO.

Loading Video...

And by that logic, that makes Blade just as fast due to the fact that Deacon Frost chose to enhance himself to La Magra before fighting Blade, and he easily dodged Blade Bullets at nigh point blank range. It makes Hannibal King just as fast since he was able to fight evenly with Jarko Grimwood (Triple H), who effortlessly dodged his shots.

Loading Video...

Furthermore, Blade has shown high levels of durability and strength as well. He's leapt from Rooftop to Rooftop, tanked a 10 story fall from a skyscraper, landed on his feet with no damage taken whatsoever. He needed 10-20 the dosage a normal human needed to keep him sedated when he was captured in Blade 3. He's fought Jared Nomak fairly even for an extended period of time, who was strong to effortlessly smash Blade through concrete (who continued fighting). He was flap jacked by Dracula with a Blow which left a large crater and was able to continue fighting. He's leapt inhuman distances, and ripped out a Vampires heart straight from his body.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

As for skill, and this refers to @deranged_midget as well, I don't Blade is that far behind Morpheus and Trinity in that regard. I'd also say he's more skilled than the Agents too.

Loading Video...

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He doesn't win any

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Neo.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: Stops at 5.

Blade clears all the others.

Trinity is not strong enough, not fast enough, not skilled enough. She got stomped in every single fight she was ever in.

Mophous is skilled enough to keep up with Blade, but as seen with his fight with Smith he doesn't have the physical power to actually do damage to Blade. It would be a great fight though.

Neo at that point would be like when fighting morphous and would have better speed and reflexes and a better chance of winning. However, as I pointed out, he would not have the physical power to defeat Blade. Much like against Smith, he need a train to do it.

Smith vs Blade would be a great fight. It come down to Blade being the much better fighter. Remember that Smith was beat up by Neo but the only reason for Neo being at the disadvantage was lack of physical power and or Smiths insane durability. But he clearly out classed him as a fight he just couldn't hurt him bad enough which is why he used the train.

Jackson would probably win. Given that he could keep up with Neo as The One. I don't see Blade winning here. He has a chances given what Morphous was able to do and he never had any really great showings in combat. So he has a shot at winning. However, Jackson most likely will prove too durable like Drake did in his true form and have too much stamina. I don't think it should be H2H.

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By isaac_clarke
@laflux said:

I posted there? Either way to extent its true the speed of these characters was rarely highlighted and in a large way that made them look a lot slower than they should have been in said fights. In terms of skill - that seems accurate. Agents have a penchant for fighting in a way to over-power their opponents, who rarely can stand up to them in any meaningful way(although Smith performed well enough). I'm drawing a blank to anyone outside of Morpheus or Neo holding their own against an Agent - fighting skill or not Agents tended to hammer their opponents down. The lack of Neo blitzing them as he did Smith gives the new impression that Agents had a very goodphysical upgrade.

My reference was to Morpheus and Trinity having a very clear advantage physical (speed, strength, reaction) to anyone that wasn't an agent, one that I didn't believe Blade possessed (albeit in light of seeing CGI blade in action - that gap is a lot closer than I original remembered it being). She did however find herself in multiple situations either already surrounded by individuals who had her at gun point - (like the first scene of the Matrix) or dodging dead infront of multiple individuals with machines pinned on her as she flips to avoid their fire(gun scene Matrix).

These folks simply couldn't keep their guns on them.

He really didn't dodge anything easily - given it took him that long to move his head. I'm basing that assessment off the fact Frost didn't have anything to prove by waiting for the bullets to come that close. Vampires had a much larger range in which they operated physically in the Blade Trilogy, Agents if they were not equal - are the very least all peers in ability given they're made to be what they are. This isn't an excuse for Morpheus' much improved performance against what was a stronger Agent than the one that beat him to a bloody pulp - but it happened (even if the fight consisted of a surprise win / few one-ups on the agent).

@laflux said:

As for skill, and this refers to @deranged_midget as well, I don't Blade is that far behind Morpheus and Trinity in that regard. I'd also say he's more skilled than the Agents too.

Blade's a lot more durable than I remember him being - namely why Trinity would have a great deal of trouble putting him down in a H2H fight. His speed is also a lot more impressive given some of those CGI Blade showings linked. His fight against Jared was a pretty once-sided beating - sort of the eventual luck-sack featuring the blade and a suicidal opponent - Blade spent most of that fight as a punching bag. I'm still in awe he performed that well against Dracula given how much more powerful Dracula seemed to compared to every other Vampire that's given him grief in the previous films (Blade seemed to get a lot more powerful as the series progressed).

Blade's skill seems to be more so related to combat with his sword - otherwise it never comes off nearly as impressive anyone's in the Matrix. Not that he doesn't have clear skill, he just can't download himself into a master like his opponents did.

I'd revise that given his damage soak he could probably take Trinity (without guns / h2h) - for Morpheus - I just don't see Blade winning that fight mainly because of how well Morpheus performs in almost all his showings 'not against smith(s).' He stands little chance against any agent in H2H (Smith and Johnson will probably wreck him). Neo was arguably Smith's physical peer before he died - Blade equally stands little chance there.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14 JediXMan  Moderator

He doesn't beat any of them. Maybe Trinity, but that's it.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

I wonder why Blade is being so seriously underrated in this. I will take the time to post most in detail in a few minutes. But it's really wild that how hard he's being looked down on when he's shown more skill and durability than everyone minus the agents.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He could beat trinity. She's fast enough to get out of bullet fires, skilled, strong enough to jump from building to building, etc. But blade isn't lagging in strength, skill either. And his damage taking ability is larger, too.

Morpheus, however, has fought much better against agents, has been punched pretty badly by smith and still kept fighting, not to mention on the truck top..

Agents seem too much here, they casually dodge bullets, punch through walls and are arguable skilled enough. Neo was very nearly smith's equal, has taken solid amount of superspeed punches and what not. He moved at about the same speed as agents as shown against agent jackson and keeping up with smith.

I'd say blade stops at round 2: morpheus. "welcome to the desert of the real"

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#17 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:

I wonder why Blade is being so seriously underrated in this. I will take the time to post most in detail in a few minutes. But it's really wild that how hard he's being looked down on when he's shown more skill and durability than everyone minus the agents.

You realize Morpheus was able to fight advanced agents, right? The agents in the first movie, which everyone feared, were upgraded in the second. Morpheus was able to fight an advance agent one-on-one.

So Morpheus should be thought of as higher, or equal to, an advanced agent.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: I disagree with this 100%. It is clear that Morpheus was better than he was in movie one. That is for sure. However, Morpheus was on the losing end of that fight most of the time and resorted to weapons 2 twice. He only took the advantage after getting his sword and even then could not defeat the agent.
His fighting skill is up to par with Blades. I admit this. However, his physical strength and speed is not. Nor is his durability. It is for this reason that he would ultimately lose to Blade. I think the fight would be good, but not end in Morpheus the victor. This is the best showing he had the entire trilogy.

Loading Video...

While he was able to keep up with the Agent. It was obvious he wasn't on the Agents level and I think that is what should be consider most heavily. In the End, Morphous lost this fight. (Given he was knocked to his death as far as the Agent was knew.) If you take out the outside help. Sword and Niobe, he would have died.
I don't see Blade being much short of the Agent in this fight, minus the level or durability. However, my stance on that has change. Blade took more damage from the fight with Nomak and was less hurt. The biggest difference my be the strength, in that up graded Agents can hurt Neo. But I'll post more later.