Superman

No Caption Provided

Faora

No Caption Provided

Rules and Conditions

• Morals On
  • Fight in NYC
  • Win by kill or knock out

We've seen them fight in the film, but with no fair conclusion. Who takes the fight?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think faora. I didnt notice any strength differences and faora can actually fight and uses her speed more.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faora's got the skill and the speed, but lacks experience with her powers. Kal, for his part, has that experience, and perhaps even strength, but no skills.

... I'm going to give it to Kal. Faora can leap tall buildings in a single bound, but Kal can fly. In addition, Kal's got heat vision. Nothing stopping him from flying up beyond her leap range, and then giving her a couple blasts with heat vision to knock her out.

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump...

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark.

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faora < Zod.

Clark beats Zod.

So..?

Well, sometimes that logic is messed up i guess.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MonsterStomp

Faora. She was pretty much kicking his ass around Smallville. Without other interruptions she should take the majority over Clark.

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faora. She was pretty much kicking his ass around Smallville. Without other interruptions she should take the majority over Clark.

I agree if it was based on speed since she is better in using speed. But strength wise, Clark will beat her. He was able to take a beating out of 2 Kryptonians and fighting them at once. So with only her, Clark will win after a long fight.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By mickey-mouse

Clark snaps her neck.

No Caption Provided

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MonsterStomp

@afueikawa said:

@monsterstomp said:

I agree if it was based on speed since she is better in using speed. But strength wise, Clark will beat her. He was able to take a beating out of 2 Kryptonians and fighting them at once. So with only her, Clark will win after a long fight.

Faora did knock Clark out at one point. Nam-Ek threw Clark at Faora and Faora landed a clean knock out. Safe to say she can replicate it. She's just too fast for Supes, in my opinion. She's faster than Zod too, so I don't know why people are bringing that instance up. Plus Clark only broke his neck because he was out of options.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love Faora (damn she's sexy), and she'd give Superman a hard time with her speed, but once things get serious Clark should beat her

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faora

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BoringPerson

Faora lacks flight, heat vision, and is insta KO'd once her helmet is breached.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dondave said:

Faora

Don't get me started :P

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Experio

Superman

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Faora lacks flight, heat vision, and is insta KO'd once her helmet is breached.

>>>

@experio said:

Superman

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Superman.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Clark wins once he started getting serious he started beating her and Nam-Ek had to help her knock down supes for 3 secs not a KO if he continues fighting 3 seconds later.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faora. You guys suck.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@afueikawa: The problem with this logic is that Zod>Faora was never prove, all that we know is that he was her CO.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@afueikawa: The problem with this logic is that Zod>Faora was never prove, all that we know is that he was her CO.

Plus Clark > Zod.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kent

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Superman, come on, he would've snapped her neck if Nam-ek didn't join the fight.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#25  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Superman. Even with Nam-Ek's help, she couldn't put him down. He is clearly much more powerful than any of the other kryptonians. It took him two minutes to kill Zod once Zod took off his armour.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are people forgetting that Clark was holding his own against Nam-Ek and Faora at the same time?

Faora only landed 3 hits in the smallville fight. People just loved it because they like to see small women throwing muscular men around.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman fought her and Namek, dont really see why people think she'd suddenly win alone.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Faora should win this. It seems like when she was fighting clark she was holding back

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MonsterStomp

@logy5000 said:

Are people forgetting that Clark was holding his own against Nam-Ek and Faora at the same time?

Faora only landed 3 hits in the smallville fight. People just loved it because they like to see small women throwing muscular men around.

Are you forgetting Clark barely held his own? You forgetting that the duo actually knocked Clark out at one point? Clark had to separate them, BFR Nam-Ek and cheap shot Faora to win. Faora made it look easy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

@logy5000 said:

Are you forgetting Clark barely held his own? You forgetting that the duo actually knocked Clark out at one point? Clark had to separate them, BFR Nam-Ek and cheap shot Faora to win. Faora made it look easy.

Barely held his own? He was dodging all of Nam-Ek's attacks and making Faora look like an idiot while he was lying on his back. Faora made it look easy at first because Clark was on the floor and all she had to do was react in time. Shouldn't it also be pointed out that she never hurt him on her own?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000 said:

@monsterstomp said:

@logy5000 said:

Barely held his own? He was dodging all of Nam-Ek's attacks and making Faora look like an idiot while he was lying on his back. Faora made it look easy at first because Clark was on the floor and all she had to do was react in time. Shouldn't it also be pointed out that she never hurt him on her own?

You should probably review the film again. Nam-Ek was literally stomping Clark into the ground. Not sure where you got the idea that he was dodging all of Nam-Ek's punches.

Made Faora look like an idiot once. Parries a punch and swings her at Nam-Ek. Meanwhile Faora made Superman look like a daily punching bag. None of her attacks hurt him?

Loading Video...

First punch, knocked him down.

Second punch knocked him down for 5+ seconds.

Third punch nigh knocked him out for 3+ second.

Fourth throw had him weak in the knees and gasping for air. Eyes looked a little tired too.

Loading Video...

Fifth punch knocked him out a little bit.

Clark's first hit on Faora did nothing but knock her on her ass. His cheap shot only knocked her mask off. He doesn't get the luxury of a cheap shot here.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

We also know that Zod was created/breed to be a warrior and got his butt handed to him by Clark who had apparently little to no fighting experience, but then again Zod was defeated by one of Krypton's best scientists in h2h so maybe Zod's just a bragger.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanni15: Honestly, Jor-El's fighting going unexplained is a terrible plothole.

fan theorizing:
The general idea should be that Jor-El defied the code of Krypton and learned from disciplines outside of his assigned discipline of science. Jor-El knowing how to fight at all would have been absolutely confusing to the soldiers, and you can see when Jor-El and Zod fight that Jor-El gets in many more strikes but with little actual damage. He wasn't bred for strength or speed, so he overcame it with skill. Skill he probably developed to counter Kryptonian military hand to hand which was undoubtedly practiced by Zod.

/end fan theorizing

I think it's safe to say Zod > Faora because Zod was capable of flight, didn't need a sense dampening helmet to keep him from getting instantly KO'd and had strength on par with Superman as seen when he straight blocks a few of Superman's strikes. (Which neither Nam-Ek or Faora were capable of holding a candle to.)

Why do I believe Superman was so much stronger than either Faora or Nam-Ek? If you look closely in their fights Superman is clearly stronger than either of them alone by a huge margin. Even when Superman was getting double teamed and was on the ground, he stops Nam-Ek's fist cold just by grabbing Nam-Ek's wrist just before it could slam into his face. Name-Ek is stuck pressing down to no avail as Superman then lets loose with heat vision to overcome their combined strength. Nam-Ek's strength feats are significantly greater than Faora's and Nam-Ek was supposed to be a super-Kryptonian even before getting yellow radiation amped.

The explanation for this power disparity between Superman/Zod and Nam-Ek/Faora is likely the Kryptonian Doomsday Armor (Armor made from Doomsday creature bones). The armor prevents them from being amped by Earth's atmosphere and likely reduces their yellow radiation exposure. Zod's blocking feats mirror this in that they begin only after he's shed the armor on top of the Lex corp building.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman, come on, he would've snapped her neck if Nam-ek didn't join the fight.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

Yeah because Superman looked like he was winning that fight...

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36  Edited By Pokeysteve

He cracks her mask and it's over.

Without that weakness I think she'd beat Clark. She was owning him in one on one. People keep mentioning Clark taking them both on. Nam-Ek got in her way. Clark played them against each other. He can't use that strategy here.

I don't remember any of the Kryptonians getting hit with heat vision so there's no telling what it would do.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: He did, couldnt you see when he pushed her into a truck and ofc used his lazer eyes to win the day XD. I was quoting it cause of the video though it was priceless lol.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@xanni15: Or he might have been bred purely to be a general not a soldier.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: I'm pretty sure he was on the floor because he was listening to her. He showed no signs of pain. I will admit that I forgot how he was dizzy after being thrown at the vault, but he began to win as soon as he took it seriously. All he has to do is break her helmet, which didn't exactly look hard.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000: He began to win? After one bulrush that she shrugged off, Clark began to win? You're probably right about the helmet thing, but considering he was only able to break it from a cheap shot, I don't think he could do it in a 1v1 without distractions.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 frozen  Moderator

Without that weakness I think she'd beat Clark. She was owning him in one on one. People keep mentioning Clark taking them both on. Nam-Ek got in her way. Clark played them against each other. He can't use that strategy here.

I don't remember any of the Kryptonians getting hit with heat vision so there's no telling what it would do.

Actually, no. He got more powerful as the movie progressed. The World Engine proved that. Nam-Ek didn't get in her way; he was helping her. He was just too powerful.

@logy5000: He began to win? After one bulrush that she shrugged off, Clark began to win? You're probably right about the helmet thing, but considering he was only able to break it from a cheap shot, I don't think he could do it in a 1v1 without distractions.

Yes, he began to win and Nam-Ek is not a distraction. He was helping her but he was simply too powerful. He got stronger throughout the movie. Superman by the time he fought Zod could have killed Foara rather easily.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

Yes, he began to win and Nam-Ek is not a distraction. He was helping her but he was simply too powerful. He got stronger throughout the movie. Superman by the time he fought Zod could have killed Foara rather easily.

I was talking about Faora vs The Captain scene, where Superman had to cheap shot her to win. He couldn't do it without outside distractions. Superman never got stronger, he just did more impressive stuff.

Faora > Zod.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@monsterstomp said:

@frozen said:

I was talking about Faora vs The Captain scene, where Superman had to cheap shot her to win. He couldn't do it without outside distractions. Superman never got stronger, he just did more impressive stuff.

Faora > Zod.

Nope. He got better as the movie progressed. He began rather shaky but it's abundantly clear he became better. Nam-Ek smashed Superman into the ground and Foara couldn't follow up.

Zod > Foara. Zod could fly and fight at extremely high Mach speeds.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Seems that way doesn't it?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 frozen  Moderator
Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@pokeysteve said:

Actually, no. He got more powerful as the movie progressed. The World Engine proved that. Nam-Ek didn't get in her way; he was helping her. He was just too powerful.

No he didn't. He just showed us more feats. Doesn't mean his power level increased. Nam-Ek was used as a bludgeoning tool against her. How is that not in her way? She was smacking him around easily until the big dope got involved.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 frozen  Moderator

@frozen said:

@pokeysteve said:

No he didn't. He just showed us more feats. Doesn't mean his power level increased. Nam-Ek was used as a bludgeoning tool against her. How is that not in her way? She was smacking him around easily until the big dope got involved.

He was 33 and it was his first time as Superman. He got better. When he fought Zod, he killed him in a minute or so after Zod released his armour. Nam-Ek was smashing Superman into the ground and she was going to pin him but they could not.

By the end of the film, he'd have no problem with Foara.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 rogueshadow  Moderator
Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Pokeysteve

@frozen said:

He was 33 and it was his first time as Superman. He got better. When he fought Zod, he killed him in a minute or so after Zod released his armour. Nam-Ek was smashing Superman into the ground and she was going to pin him but they could not.

The biggest problem with that is Faora had better showings than Zod. Zod and Nam fought like brawlers. Faora show skill and finesse.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@pokeysteve said:

@frozen said:

@pokeysteve said: