• 93 results
rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 rogueshadow  Moderator

@i_like_swords: Blade does destroy movie Cap. But his sword would break on a pressurised Vibranium edge with roughly the equivalent of 2 tons of force hitting it. And did you check out the Gold Titanium Alloy, because that's indisputable.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By RisingBean

@rogueshadow: Lol, well you stand by that then amigo. I'm still of the stance that movie Blade destroys movie Cap and that his katana won't break just by hitting a shield.

My argument isn't exactly like Rogue shadows, though I do believe Cap could break the blade as Nomek did. Allow it to get stuck for a split second where it can't move and put enough stress on the blade to snap it. Granite soldier noted how in blade 3 Blade had his weapon stuck for a few moments in Trinity and I provided a scan/argument for both Blade having his sword broken in Blade 2 as well as Cap sundering a Chitauri arm no less.

At this rate I think we may need to agree to disagree on the fact it can (not exactly that it will) happen. I believe my proof stands for itself.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@i_like_swords: Blade does destroy movie Cap. But his sword would break on a pressurised Vibranium edge with roughly the equivalent of 2 tons of force hitting it. And did you check out the Gold Titanium Alloy, because that's indisputable.

Oh my god.. no it won't. Cap doesn't have 2 ton striking strength. I showed you the video of the katana. the guy was doing freaking pull ups with it. It'd take a long time for Cap to sit and smash his shield off the Blade for it to even have a glint of damage. You have no idea what you're talking about. His shield hasn't done anything close to snapping a titanium katana so instead of throwing around crap why don't give your argument some base?

Have you got a video of this claim Tony makes? I'm liable to call that BS aswell considering your knowledge of metals. Why would the leading designer of Iron man suits make one out of a gold-titanium alloy? That makes no sense. He painted it gold, that's it. There was no visible gold on his suit until he painted it.

@i_like_swords said:

@rogueshadow: Lol, well you stand by that then amigo. I'm still of the stance that movie Blade destroys movie Cap and that his katana won't break just by hitting a shield.

My argument isn't exactly like Rogue shadows, though I do believe Cap could break the blade as Nomek did. Allow it to get stuck for a split second where it can't move and put enough stress on the blade to snap it. Granite soldier noted how in blade 3 Blade had his weapon stuck for a few moments in Trinity and I provided a scan/argument for both Blade having his sword broken in Blade 2 as well as Cap sundering a Chitauri arm no less.

At this rate I think we may need to agree to disagree on the fact it can (not exactly that it will) happen. I believe my proof stands for itself.

Nomek didn't break the blade. He separated the blade from it's handle. That's no equivalent to damaging the blade itself. It'd favour you in the long run to use your eyes. You have literally no base fort he argument that a vibranium shield can SNAP a TITANIUM KATANA. Go do some research on a KATANA. They are some of the most lethal, an durable swords on the planet.

Aside from that, even if Nomak could snap the blade itself, which he can't, Cap is nowhere near as strong as Nomek (who is far the physical superior to Blade, who already trounces Cap). So if Nomek couldn't snap the Blade, and at best could separate it from it's handle, what the hell is Cap going to do?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@i_like_swords: You're misinterpreting everything I'm saying. The combined strength of the 2 striking at one another = 2 tons give or take. And just watch Iron man and watch the last scene, it's just before he admits he's Iron man, it's when he says 'Iron man', has a catchy ring to it. I tried to find a clip but couldn't. Plus, Blade's sword isn't a Katana, so I didn't watch the Video.

Also, stop being rude.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow:

Right, well you obviously have no evidence for what you're saying so I think we can draw a line under this one. Plus I'd love to know how Tony saying "I'm Iron Man" equals "my suit is made out of a gold-titanium alloy which makes no sense because gold isn't a suitable metal for armor".

If you don't think Blade's sword is a katana then you truly have had no idea what you're talking about this whole debate.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator
No Caption Provided

@i_like_swords Katana

No Caption Provided

Blade's sword

Huge difference. An I didn't say it was when he says I'm Iron man, in the scene directly before it, talking to Coulson. And do you understand how alloy's work? if you mix two metals together they won't take on the visual properties of the two metals they were made from, or the physical properties. Though Gold-Titanium Alloy's do exist. Just google Gold titanium Alloy Iron man, perhaps the film-makers were having a joke, I don't know.

heroesgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Blade for both rounds. Blade was far more impressive in his movies than Cap was in his.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow:

Right, well you obviously have no evidence for what you're saying so I think we can draw a line under this one. Plus I'd love to know how Tony saying "I'm Iron Man" equals "my suit is made out of a gold-titanium alloy which makes no sense because gold isn't a suitable metal for armor".

If you don't think Blade's sword is a katana then you truly have had no idea what you're talking about this whole debate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTYl6tGlhd8#t=424 Go to 06:40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Huh, you seem to be right. I always thought it was a katana because comic Blade uses one.

No Caption Provided

I guess they overlooked that. My point still stands though, it's not that easy to break a sword of Blade's caliber. Nomek should of been able to do it by your logic but he didn't

Yes I'm aware of how metal alloys work, lol. You are right however, Tony slips in "though technically its a gold-titanium alloy". I still don't see why that has anything to do with this argument though. Your argument for that was that Tonys armor was made from a titanium alloy and because of that he shouldn't be able to take the hits that he does, which means that we can't "extend logic" in that area, and that means that Caps shield can automatically break Blades sword.

Your argument makes 0 sense, and I'm not going to sit and argue with you over freaking metal.

God.. arguing with casual movie watchers is the worst.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: Huh, you seem to be right. I always thought it was a katana because comic Blade uses one.

I guess they overlooked that. My point still stands though, it's not that easy to break a sword of Blade's caliber. Nomek should of been able to do it by your logic but he didn't

Yes I'm aware of how metal alloys work, lol. You are right however, Tony slips in "though technically its a gold-titanium alloy". I still don't see why that has anything to do with this argument though. Your argument for that was that Tonys armor was made from a titanium alloy and because of that he shouldn't be able to take the hits that he does, which means that we can't "extend logic" in that area, and that means that Caps shield can automatically break Blades sword.

Your argument makes 0 sense, and I'm not going to sit and argue with you over freaking metal.

That wasn't my logic at all, if you go back and check what I put, I said it's pretty much irrelevant, I just meant logic is hazy in movies in that area, because you said Iron man would make his suits from Vibranium if it were better than Titanium I was pointing out the inconsistency as Gold Titanium Alloy is considerably weaker than IM's suit.

Blade's sword has no feats of strength, Cap's shield is certified Vibranium, if the two weapons clashed with each other with the strength these two are packing, it'd break. And you've gone from saying I know nothing about metals and swords and therefore my argument is irrelevant, but now you realise you're wrong so you're saying that you won't argue metallurgy with me and I'm a casual moviegoer [How can you possibly know that when we are discussing movie characters? ]. Cap's shield has taken explosions and chitauri weaponry, Blade's sword hasn't done anything like that, Nomak breaks it here. Notice his hand is below the hilt, when he moves it, that portion of the blade has gone.

Watch it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD1dq9YDeYw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

That wasn't my logic at all, if you go back and check what I put, I said it's pretty much irrelevant, I just meant logic is hazy in movies in that area, because you said Iron man would make his suits from Vibranium if it were better than Titanium I was pointing out the inconsistency as Gold Titanium Alloy is considerably weaker than IM's suit.

Blade's sword has no feats of strength, Cap's shield is certified Vibranium, if the two weapons clashed with each other with the strength these two are packing, it'd break. And you've gone from saying I know nothing about metals and swords and therefore my argument is irrelevant, but now you realise you're wrong so you're saying that you won't argue metallurgy with me and I'm a casual moviegoer [How can you possibly know that when we are discussing movie characters? ]. Cap's shield has taken explosions and chitauri weaponry, Blade's sword hasn't done anything like that, Nomak breaks it here. Notice his hand is below the hilt, when he moves it, that portion of the blade has gone.

Watch it here.

> Logic is hazy in movies

> Tries to use movie logic to justify vibranium breaking titanium

Yeah no. You're nitpicking. People like you are just a pain to debate with because you'll say literally anything to try and prove a point.

CAPS SHIELD HAS NOT SHOWN THE STRENGTH PROPERTIES TO JUSTIFY IT SNAPPING BLADES SWORD.

You're saying if Blade's sword and Caps shield collided with "2 tons of strength" (which isn't even the case because Cap hasn't even shown 1 ton strength), then Blade's sword would break. So tell me this then smart guy - Nomek, who far surpasses Blade AND Cap in strength, had Blades sword stuck inside him. Yet, with all his downward force, he only managed to snap the HANDLE. He had the best opportunity to snap the blade and HE FAILED. So HOW is the sword going to just break because it hit vibranium? Going by that logic every single bullet fired at Caps shield should snap in half. Going by that logic, Winter Soldier's bionic arm in the upcoming film should completely break when he punches Caps shield. There's a shot of Bucky punching Caps shield with his METAL arm, likely with similar force to what Blade could produce with his sword. So if you think Buckys arm wouldn't break, then you have NO CASE to say Blades sword would.

You don't even know how vibranium works. IT ABSORBS KINETIC ENERGY. It's not as strong as adamantium, it just has different PROPERTIES. Stuff doesn't break on contact with vibranium. The shield absorbs the kinetic energy. In some cases the shield can break materials that are far weaker than it, but a titanium sword is not one of them.

Oh, and you want proof that he only broke the handle? Well here it is. I'm going to shove this in your face and stop debating with you because you really are frustrating. You're a couple hundred posts in posting on movie threads and arguing with guys who have been here a lot longer than you, over things that have no relevance to the debate at hand. Literally hundreds of you people come along and argue your stupid points that you're completely wrong about. Why don't you go find a movie website to debate on with all the other casual movie goers who have never picked up a comic?

HERE:

No Caption Provided

SEE? it's not jagged or anything. It was a CLEAN separation from the hilt. Now please accept the fact that when a sword hits a shield it doesn't automatically break. If you manage that you will of retained but a sliver of credibility.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:
@i_like_swords said:

Watch it here.

Yeah no. You're nitpicking. People like you are just a pain to debate with because you'll say literally anything to try and prove a point.

CAPS SHIELD HAS NOT SHOWN THE STRENGTH PROPERTIES TO JUSTIFY IT SNAPPING BLADES SWORD.

You're saying if Blade's sword and Caps shield collided with "2 tons of strength" (which isn't even the case because Cap hasn't even shown 1 ton strength), then Blade's sword would break. So tell me this then smart guy - Nomek, who far surpasses Blade AND Cap in strength, had Blades sword stuck inside him. Yet, with all his downward force, he only managed to snap the HANDLE. He had the best opportunity to snap the blade and HE FAILED. So HOW is the sword going to just break because it hit vibranium? Going by that logic every single bullet fired at Caps shield should snap in half. Going by that logic, Winter Soldier's bionic arm in the upcoming film should completely break when he punches Caps shield. There's a shot of Bucky punching Caps shield with his METAL arm, likely with similar force to what Blade could produce with his sword. So if you think Buckys arm wouldn't break, then you have NO CASE to say Blades sword would.

You don't even know how vibranium works. IT ABSORBS KINETIC ENERGY. It's not as strong as adamantium, it just has different PROPERTIES. Stuff doesn't break on contact with vibranium. The shield absorbs the kinetic energy. In some cases the shield can break materials that are far weaker than it, but a titanium sword is not one of them.

Oh, and you want proof that he only broke the handle? Well here it is. I'm going to shove this in your face and stop debating with you because you really are frustrating. You're a couple hundred posts in posting on movie threads and arguing with guys who have been here a lot longer than you, over things that have no relevance to the debate at hand. Literally hundreds of you people come along and argue your stupid points that you're completely wrong about. Why don't you go find a movie website to debate on with all the other casual movie goers who have never picked up a comic?

HERE:

SEE? it's not jagged or anything. It was a CLEAN separation from the hilt. Now please accept the fact that when a sword hits a shield it doesn't automatically break. If you manage that you will of retained but a sliver of credibility.

Caps shield Snapped a Chitauri arm, presumably a lot harder than Blade's sword. Jesus christ! I'm saying that the edges of the shield smashing into it would break it, and yes I know exactly how Vibranium works, that pic of the sword, why would it be jagged? when you break a sword like that, it will always be a clean cut. Just watch it again and look at where his hand is then where it comes out, how did it just fall back down into his body 3 inches when he has an insanely tight grip on it? And no, I don't just comment on movies, look at my forum comments page, I have read a lot of comics and own a lot of comics. You assume because I haven't been here as long as you I don't know as much? What s**t is this? And lol I'm not even a casual moviegoer, I have pretty much every Marvel movie [Even crap like Elektra].

And FFS! Actually read what I'm saying! The combined strength of the two hitting one another [Blade and Cap] probably equals about 2 tons!!

Also, bullets are of a different consistency than Swords, a bullet will be a lot harder to snap than a sword, like when you try and snap a small piece of wood, it's harder than snapping a longer piece of wood of the same durability.

I would also like to say that your insults about my knowledge of movies is irrelevant anywaysince this is about Movie characters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:
@rogueshadow said:
@i_like_swords said:

Watch it here.

HERE:

Caps shield Snapped a Chitauri arm, presumably a lot harder than Blade's sword. Jesus christ! I'm saying that the edges of the shield smashing into it would break it, and yes I know exactly how Vibranium works, that pic of the sword, why would it be jagged? when you break a sword like that, it will always be a clean cut. Just watch it again and look at where his hand is then where it comes out, how did it just fall back down into his body 3 inches when he has an insanely tight grip on it? And no, I don't just comment on movies, look at my forum comments page, I have read a lot of comics and own a lot of comics. You assume because I haven't been here as long as you I don't know as much? What s**t is this? And lol I'm not even a casual moviegoer, I have pretty much every Marvel movie [Even crap like Elektra].

And FFS! Actually read what I'm saying! The combined strength of the two hitting one another [Blade and Cap] probably equals about 2 tons!!

Also, bullets are of a different consistency than Swords, a bullet will be a lot harder to snap than a sword, like when you try and snap a small piece of wood, it's harder than snapping a longer piece of wood of the same durability.

I would also like to say that your insults about my knowledge of movies is irrelevant anywaysince this is about Movie characters.

Nope, earlier you said that the combined (2 ton?) strength of Blade and Cap would snap the sword. Don't try and go back on what you said.

A chitauri arm which is made up of flesh and bone is more durable than a titanium sword? What a load of crap. Blades titanium sword was GOING THROUGH multiple vampires who are more durable then the chitauri by far. If breaking a chitauri arm is the best strength feat the shield has then your argument is null.

No, obviously it would be jagged. There was nothing precise about the way Nomek struck the sword. There would be atleast some signs of jaggedness from it IF THE BLADE HAD BEEN BROKEN. It wasn't, plain and simple.

Now you want me to go stalk your page? No thank you. I obviously am the more knowledgable of the two of us considering the crap you're spewing.

I did actually read what you said. Okay now I'm going to quote where you contradict yourself.

I'm saying that the edges of the shield smashing into it would break it

The edges of the shield.

SO MAKE YOUR MIND UP. Are you arguing for the edge of Caps shield breaking the Blade, or are you arguing for the sword and shield colliding to break the blade?

You're just bringing up all types of points to try and prove me wrong even though you're contradicting yourself. How pathetic.

Right, so you're saying because of the length of the sword it's easier to snap? Yet Nomek failed to snap it, and I showed a video of a guy doing pull ups with a katana among other things. Not that you actually watched the video or anything.

I can see that you're too stubborn to put your hands up and say that you're wrong. You'll literally say anything at this point to avoid embarrassment. So I'll go easy on you and stop replying. That way you don't have to actually admit you're wrong. We can all just know that you are :)

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Awesome matchup. Ill have to go with Cap both rounds though, I just think he is stronger, but Round 1 is definetly very very close.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 rogueshadow  Moderator

Blade's sword is laced with Garlic and Silver man, that's why it cut straight through vamps and ashed them, not because it was so hard/sharp.

And the argument was and always was that after a few hits against the blunt of the shield after a few hits would probably break [I did say 2 or 3 but rethinking probably about 5 or 6] but after one or 2 against the pressurised edges it would snap, and once against the ground and it would definitely snap. You're talking s**t man, my points have always been the same,

Blade's sword vs Cap's shield at the edges striking each other would snap Blade's sword. You think a pull up with a Katana [Which Blade doesn't have, and we don't know much about]. And it's you who is being both rude and pathetic. And the Chitauri are both organic and technological. I disagree with the premise Nomak didn't snap it since we see his entire fist clenched around the blade, and then like magic it's fallen back into his body, strong metal won't be jagged when it's snapped like that! And yes Vibranium absorbs energy, but it's also incredibly strong, second only to Adamantium/Adamantium Beta!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow:

Lol, Drake and Nomek had no weakness to garlic or silver yet they were cut through with no bother. Unless you want to try and argue that the chitauri have better durability than them? Nah, didn't think so. Your whole point about the arm is moot.

Just pointing, your argument wasn't "always" one thing. You've changed it from Blade striking the edge of Caps shield (which makes no sense, why would Cap hold up the edge when he has a whole blunt surface to use? o.O) to Cap smashing Blades sword when it's stuck in a surface to probably some other reason why Caps shield can break it. You've been randomly bringing up different points this whole time.

I can't even be bothered at this point. You've ignored plenty of my points and there are so many reasons why you're wrong I can't even focus enough to point them all out. I'm officially done. Now.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 rogueshadow  Moderator

I don't get how I contradict myself saying the combined strength of the two and the edges? And about the sword cutting vamps, but it cut them because it's focused, they were durable to blunt force mainly [Like Blade]. My point about the arm isn't moot, do you think Cap could've cut through the metal, tissue and bone so easily with Blade's sword? No.

I thought you meant generic Vamps. And I'm no saying that Cap would definitely do that! Read my posts, I said Cap would want to take out the sword before he took out anything , he would try to break the sword, would he succeed? Probably not because Blade would just tear it from him 8/10.

Go back and read my initial posts:

Hitting the brunt of a nigh invulnerable shield a few times with a sword - Sword smashes

Hitting the edges of a nigh invulnerable shield with a basic sword 2 tons of force acting upon them both- Sword smashes

Hitting a sword against the ground/jammed in something [Definitely if it's jammed in something, it breaks with massive ease] with a nigh invulnerable Shield - Sword breaks.

That is it, that is the top and bottom of it, Jarek DID break the sword, it didn't just reform inside his body somehow, and it didn't slip in either, he snapped it!

Why?

Because Blade's sword isn't adamantium, it isn't super durable, it cuts clean through vampires due to silver and Garlic.

Shield has taken hits from chitauri weaponry and chomped through metallic/organic matter [Chitauri]

You were wrong about the alloy and the sword, you're wrong on this. And no it would't be jagged.

If you want to go that's fine, just know that you are incredibly rude and that you're getting angry for no reason at all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow:

LOL. You're throwing out all of those statements like I haven't already countered them. Just read above if you want your questions answered. Oh, dear.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@i_like_swords: You didn't counter them, you came up with bs excuse as to why they are invalid, like Nomak, he clearly snapped the sword man. You said Drake was more durable than Chitauri, yes of course for blunt force, but with a sword infliction, Blade's sword would never cut clean through a Chitauri.

Simple question now. Do you think that Movie Blade's sword is more durable than Movie Cap's shield, or for that matter anywhere near as durable?

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean said:

@i_like_swords said:

Nomek didn't break the blade. He separated the blade from it's handle. That's no equivalent to damaging the blade itself. It'd favour you in the long run to use your eyes. You have literally no base fort he argument that a vibranium shield can SNAP a TITANIUM KATANA. Go do some research on a KATANA. They are some of the most lethal, an durable swords on the planet.

Aside from that, even if Nomak could snap the blade itself, which he can't, Cap is nowhere near as strong as Nomek (who is far the physical superior to Blade, who already trounces Cap). So if Nomek couldn't snap the Blade, and at best could separate it from it's handle, what the hell is Cap going to do?

Blade's sword broke. If you think he just took the handle off, you need glasses or to actually watch Blade 2. While the blade was embedded in his chest he broke it by pulling the handle toward the flat edge of the blade. As per Cap's ability to break it, I could note that he effortlessly removed a Chitauri arm in a single chop with a weapon not even meant to cut.

Cap is definitely in Blade's strength range if not higher. He lifted a motorcycle with three women astride it over his head. Look at about 2:18.

What's Blades best strength feat? Cap caught up to a speeding car. What's Blade's best speed feat? I could go on and on. Cap has every advantage shown except it is up in the air what level his h2h is. He has a superior weapon (as Blade was shown on film to have his break.) Blade without a weapon vs Cap should be a no brainer. Now straight h2h without weapons is a bit more fair. But odds are even if Cap loses he will take Blade to the brink and back. Hell if we look at all of their fights, Cap had trouble with the Red Skull and Loki. Blade was captured in both parts 1 and 2 by nameless enemy forces. Granted they had tasers, but this Blade we're talking about here.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Dextersinister

@risingbean: Movie blade is listed as over 1 tonne in strength in the Marvel database vs Cap who is listed as up to 800 pounds.

Not sure how fast Blades running speed is but Caps combat display was fairly unimpressive vs the Red Skull. Here's Blades fight against Dracula highlighting again superior durability, strength combat speed and skill

With a kick at 2:00 he sends Dracula flying and soon gets cratered against the ground when his opponent supes up.

Loading Video...

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By RisingBean

@dextersinister: Two comments. 1. Databases mean squat. Show me blade lifting a ton in the trilogy and we'll talk. As it is, I think Cap has the best lifting feat with the motorcycle and three dames astride it.

2. Cap was in a airship hurtling around in an area where gravity wasn't always consistent and you are unimpressed? Cap's fight with the Skull was better then his fight with Drake in my opinion, though probably not quite as cool as Blade's fight with Nomek.

Lastly if Cap lacked "combat speed" it might be because most people he hit went down in one shot. Cap did decent in his exchange in this fight with Loki

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@bruxae said:

Awesome matchup. Ill have to go with Cap both rounds though, I just think he is stronger, but Round 1 is definetly very very close.

Thanks, I was hoping people would find it a good match.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Steve's shield is just too good. Any effort on Blades part to do damage will not cut it. This alone prompts me to say Cap would probably win that fight as he repeatedly slams the shield into Blade's face to win.

Round 2: Comes down to physical stats. Blade has a massive damage soak to blunt force and arguably a speed advantage on Cap. Strength wise Cap regularly sent grown men flying like ragdolls, punched through submarine glass and was able to break the locks on those SHIELD doors using raw strength alone. if we used Blade I or Blade II as a benchmark - Blade probably would not win this fight - but given the massive speed / durability amp Blade has in Blade III (with age comes wisdom?) - it seems unlikely Captain American can win round 2.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 rogueshadow  Moderator

@risingbean: It's true wikias do mean nothing, they usually just extrappolate data from the mainstream counter part and apply it to every other continuity where the characters powers and definitively known. Blade's best strength feat is probably his superjump in Blade, his leap after the guy on the motorcycle in Blade II and the Drake kick, so since this isn't a toad situation and that strength extends to the rest of his body, it's safe to say he's in the 1 ton range, give or take but I agree his feats aren't that solid. Perhaps the most is how he was able to physically stand up to Nomak, who was a veritable 2 tonner,if he were that weak, Nomak would have snapped his arm, specifically in the first part of their battle when they have that grapple.

And there's no point telling him that he clearly broke the sword, he won't listen. When you snap metal in a quick fluid motion like that it will always be a clean cut. And about the chitauri - I 100% agree. The guy was wrong about IM having a gold titanium alloy suit, and that Blade's sword isn't a katana, based on that logic he told me I shouldn't even be debating about this, so since he was proved wrong, if we extend his own logic, does that mean he has no say in this, because his perspective has been rendered invalid by his own preconceptions based on knowledge of of Iron man and Metallurgy? Guy was getting stressed for an hour calling BS on Blade's sword, Cap's shield and Iron man's suit being a gold titanium alloy, then when he was proved definitively wrong on 2 of those, the guy had the cheek to continue to call me foolish, and not even apologise, when he'd been wrong 2/3 of the time [Actually 3/3, but by his account 2/3]

Mini rant over.

Also, after listening what you've got to say, and remembering that Loki - at the end of the day - did fight Thor, even if Thor was holding back, he had serious trouble taking him down, and Black Widow even said, 'he's all over the place', as I remember it, so he was supposed to be a little unclean in his fighting, I think they were showing his adjustment into modern society, is obviously going to have psychological impacts on the battle field. I still think Blade's better as of now, but he had 3 solo movies to play with, Cap's had 1 + the Avengers, and he still isn't in 'full cap', mode yet either, we've seen him in war time, with the whole 2 hours of the movie being his origin story, and then what was essentially rehabilitation. We're yet to see him be full badass fighting supervillains etc I'm more willing to come back to this after the Winter Soldier's release, where I hope we see Captain America kicking ass as he should be.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Eh, as far as physicals go, there isn't that much differentiation between the two at all. At least, nothing of note. Cap hasn't really had any impressive hand-to-hand feats besides some neat tricks with the shield and just utilizing his physicals to his advantage against basic opponents. Besides Red Skull, who never showed any skill either and depended on the serum's enhancements, Cap has never really faced an opponent yet of similar stature or greater skill.

Blade on the other hand, has been shown throughout the trilogy to be easily the most "powerful" vampire aside from Dracula himself in his transformed state due to his hybrid genes. He's also shown to be one of, if not the most well trained and skilled combatants. He's regularly taken on opponents of relatively similar skill, taken on hordes of vampires with moderate ease and bested or nearly come close to defeating each of the main villains. Deacon Frost essentially became "immortal" and couldn't be damaged by blunt trauma, Nomak was outmatched in terms of skill but was performing better due to superior physicals and Blade was seemingly besting Dracula in terms of pure skill and matching him in terms of strength until he transformed.

I just don't see Cap taking a majority in this at all despite being relatively similar in physicals. The only thing that will postpone a loss for him is the shield, but only temporarily.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Dextersinister

@risingbean:

Two comments. 1. Databases mean squat. Show me blade lifting a ton in the trilogy and we'll talk. As it is, I think Cap has the best lifting feat with the motorcycle and three dames astride it.

Incorrect, databases can be incorrect but they are often a good ballpark for the right answer.

Your awfully dependent on non-combat feats, Blades strength showings in combat are superior. How much strength do you think it would take to send a a well built man flying across a room with one kick?

2. Cap was in a airship hurtling around in an area where gravity wasn't always consistent and you are unimpressed? Cap's fight with the Skull was better then his fight with Drake in my opinion, though probably not quite as cool as Blade's fight with Nomek.

You are trying to spin to make the fight sound better than it actually was but yes I'm unimpressed because the fight was unimpressive.

Lastly if Cap lacked "combat speed" it might be because most people he hit went down in one shot. Cap did decent in his exchange in this fight with Loki

Even you can't bring yourself to decently praise him in that fight because it's another unimpressive showing. He doesn't have any great showings let alone good.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade destroys Captain America in this fight. He has way better speed, strength, durability, and fighting ability.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By RisingBean
@buttersdaman000 said:

Blade destroys Captain America in this fight. He has way better speed, strength, durability, and fighting ability.

Prove it.

@rogueshadow: I actually think Blade is close enough to Cap to compete. I was just playing devil's advocate. Look at my reply to Dexter below for details. I don't plan to get into your armor debate part, but I will note that even if Stark used what he said, he did something to it to deal with the brittle factor. He tanked (pun intended) a cannon blast from a tank and only had scuffed paint to show for it.

I also agree Cap isn't quite in full form yet. He really hasn't had a chance to shine as nobody but the Skull gave him trouble in his movie, and he was sharing the limelight with others in Stark and pals...Avengers. I think Blade's martial skills are what give him a decent chance in the h2h battle. I think the shield takes away those advantages in the open battle.

@dextersinister said:

@risingbean:

Two comments. 1. Databases mean squat. Show me blade lifting a ton in the trilogy and we'll talk. As it is, I think Cap has the best lifting feat with the motorcycle and three dames astride it.

Incorrect, databases can be incorrect but they are often a good barllpark for the right answer.

Still doesn't prove Blade is stronger. It may be a decent ballpark or it may be wrong. I recall the Marvel site stats that had characters amped up to 7 in places they shouldn't be. So I again say, prove it.

Your awfully dependent on non-combat feats, Blades strength showings in combat are superior. How much strength do you think it would take to send a a well built man flying across a room with one kick?

I'm not dependent per se'. In #54 response by I_love_swords said "Cap is nowhere near as strong as Nomek (who is far the physical superior to Blade, who already trounces Cap)" as part of his response. So I wanted him to prove his claim. Cap has shown things like catching up to a sub while swimming, picking up that bike and so on. Blade probably peaked with his toss the girl and leap feat. As for his showing being superior, Cap steamrolled over anybody he fought with the exceptions of Loki, Skull and later in the battle, the Chitauri horde. Blade got tased and taken out by mooks in his first movie and taken down again (I forget if he was tased a second time) in the second. As it stands, either one will be knocked back by the impacts of their blows.

You are trying to spin to make the fight sound better than it actually was but yes I'm unimpressed because the fight was unimpressive.

To each his own I suppose. I found it to be a decent fight, myself.

Even you can't bring yourself to decently praise him in that fight because it's another unimpressive showing. He doesn't have any great showings let alone good.

Decently praise him? It's sorta hard to be ducking and weaving when 90% of the guys you hit go down in one shot. Cap did pretty decent on the whole with Loki. That was the point of that fight. He was sticking and moving, and while he wasn't exactly running over Loki he got a few licks in.

As it stands, I am gonna say this. I'd bet donuts to dollars that come May we'll address this again and you'll need to pull your foot from your mouth.

Avatar image for comicsbornandbred
ComicsBornAndBred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This one's tough. Cap is at peak human level and you could argue that Blade' s vampiric speed and strength is about the same as that. It all comes to ferocity and environment. Cap works well with a lot space it seems. Where he can bounce his shield off stuff. But, if the battle comes to close hand to hand, Blade wins. It's inevitable that it will come to close to close hand combat. . Blade wins. His close up hand to hand combat is superior to Cap. The film's prove such. We'll have to wait to see Winter Soldier as its been stated by the filmmakers that Cap is a better fighter in this one. Better fight scenes the directors say. I saw the comic con footage....they're right on the money.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade wins.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@risingbean: yeah I agree, for me as of feats right now, Blade wins. but Cap has only fought generic fodder up to now, put aside a couple of dumb PIS moments - In fact, it wasn't even that, it was just pointless stupidity. But yeah the guy can jump about 20 feet and about 12 feet in the air, catch speeding cars, throw grown men aside like nothing ad use the impact of an explosion to leap massive distances without every bone in his leg shattering and casually get knocked out of a window [Was that 2 stories up? I forget]

About the Armour, the other guy was talking about how Titanium must be better/just as good as Vibranium or else Tony wouldn't use it in his suits. I was just explaining how in that area fimmakers logic is a bit skewed sometimes.

I'm still going for Blade every time atm, but Cap is still redeemable, if he does crap in TWS, then I have officially given up on MCU Cap.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: I think Cap definitely brings enough to the table that Blade doesn't win every time/sweep. The shield actually gives him a small majority because of reasons brought up. Straight h2h could also go either way, but I think Blade's knowledge of joint locks gives him a small advantage. I'd go at best 6/10 in favor of Blade.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 rogueshadow  Moderator

@risingbean: My friend, I'm going to have to disagree. Blade takes an easy majority at the moment in my opinion His physicals and skills are superior at the moment, but I am interested to see Cap fighting TWS etc in the next movie. I'm especially curious to see how he matches up to top tier fighters such as black widow, it would be annoying if she's doing crazy MA moves whilst Cap's just grappling with foes. I think we should hold this for now and bump it in April.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By RisingBean

@rogueshadow: Fair enough, but before we part friend, I gotta say it's been fun. I look forward to being right next year.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 rogueshadow  Moderator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And there's no point telling him that he clearly broke the sword, he won't listen. When you snap metal in a quick fluid motion like that it will always be a clean cut. And about the chitauri - I 100% agree. The guy was wrong about IM having a gold titanium alloy suit, and that Blade's sword isn't a katana, based on that logic he told me I shouldn't even be debating about this, so since he was proved wrong, if we extend his own logic, does that mean he has no say in this, because his perspective has been rendered invalid by his own preconceptions based on knowledge of of Iron man and Metallurgy? Guy was getting stressed for an hour calling BS on Blade's sword, Cap's shield and Iron man's suit being a gold titanium alloy, then when he was proved definitively wrong on 2 of those, the guy had the cheek to continue to call me foolish, and not even apologise, when he'd been wrong 2/3 of the time [Actually 3/3, but by his account 2/3]

You know what you sound like right now? A teenage girl in high school gossiping to all of her friends. If you were so sure that everything you said was spot on you wouldn't be looking to others for validation. I was able of moving on and ignoring you because I both felt confident in what I said was right and didn't care enough to sit and argue with you for hours, but obviously you're so obsessed that you have to try and bad mouth me to get your kicks. I say go ahead, I don't even care. The great thing about the internet is that you get to completely ignore idiots and are in no way forced to talk to them. So, enjoy your hopefully short time on the vine, bitcher!

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 rogueshadow  Moderator

@i_like_swords said:

@rogueshadow said:

You know what you sound like right now? A teenage girl in high school gossiping to all of her friends. If you were so sure that everything you said was spot on you wouldn't be looking to others for validation. I was able of moving on and ignoring you because I both felt confident in what I said was right and didn't care enough to sit and argue with you for hours, but obviously you're so obsessed that you have to try and bad mouth me to get your kicks. I say go ahead, I don't even care. The great thing about the internet is that you get to completely ignore idiots and are in no way forced to talk to them. So, enjoy your hopefully short time on the vine, bitcher!

I'm not seeking validation, I was just explaining my POV which I believe to be correct. I didn't intend to bad mouth you, if you feel that way then I'm sory. I've got no personal vendetta against you. I'm sorry if you feel that way, I'm just like all fans, I get passionate about the subject

Um, you don't have to be so abusive man. Live well and no hard feelings.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

blade wins both fights.. better fighter.. better feats... and better weapons

abraham700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Blade. Better fighter, better fighter, better fighter, better fighter and most importantly a better fighter.