• 89 results
#1 Edited by GraniteSoldier (7530 posts) - - Show Bio

This is movie versions only.

Captain America from "The First Avenger" and "Avengers".

Blade from the Blade trilogy.

Both perceive the other as a villain.

Battle ends in death, incapacitation, or KO.

Takes place in a standard warehouse, there are boxes, crates, and other typical warehouse items for cover if needed. Combatants are 50 feet apart.

Round 1:

Captain America has his shield.

Blade has his sword.

Round 2:

Hand to hand only.

#2 Posted by KingAres109 (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

Even tho I belIeve Blade can take both rounds,I have to ask....Why does Blade have 5 sIlver stakes??Lol...You should at least gIve hIm hIs guns for rd1.

#3 Edited by GraniteSoldier (7530 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingares109:

Those stakes can be thrown, and are essentially knives. Would you think it'd be more fair for him to get his stake-shotgun?

Nevermind I'll take them out entirely.

#4 Edited by RogueShadow (10325 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade strikes at Cap and hits his shield, his sword Breaks. Blade goes apes**t and gets the munchies. Blade wins both rounds.

#5 Edited by tparks (4877 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking Blade should win both rounds. As far as movie versions go, he's just a much more skilled fighter with better one on one feats then Cap has. He beat Dracula, Cap really hasn't had a chance for a really great fight scene yet. Hopefully that changes when he fights Bucky.

#6 Edited by KingAres109 (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

I belIeve he take both too.He's a better around fIghter..

#7 Posted by RisingBean (3863 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Cap takes a small lead in rd 1. His shield has been shown to ragdoll people and he is a pretty competent fighter, even if Blade is probably more skilled overall. He also has better equipment. After he breaks Blade's sword, he should be able to pummel him with the shield for the victory.

I think Blade takes a small lead in rd 2. While Cap has taken hits from Loki, the Skull and that big guy in the alley, I think Blade is tough enough to rage out and pull a KO or limb break.

#8 Posted by BlackWind (6089 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade wins both rounds. And why are people acting like his sword is going to snap like it's made of some cheap metal?

#9 Posted by RogueShadow (10325 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade wins both rounds. And why are people acting like his sword is going to snap like it's made of some cheap metal?

It's not going to snap right away, but Adamantium trumps steel, especially if Cap throws it, or tries to break it with the shield, which he probably would at least try before getting curbstomped.

#10 Edited by i_like_swords (13945 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackwind said:

It's not going to snap right away, but Adamantium trumps steel, especially if Cap throws it, or tries to break it with the shield, which he probably would at least try before getting curbstomped.

Cap uses a vibranium shield which is famous for it's durability more than anything else, and Blade's sword is either titanium or adamantium, both of which vibranium won't be able to break in this scenario.

I honestly think Blade should win both rounds. His stats are far better and he could move and fight faster than normal people could perceive. They're around the same skill level, and Blade has the better weapon for killing and injuring. Also, he was comparable in h2h but his healing factor and superior strength and speed would carry him in round 2.

#11 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2846 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: Just an FYI, Caps shield is made out of Vibranium

As far as this fight goes I actually like Cap in round one due to his shield being a great defense against Blades weapons. I'd give him the majority there.

Round 2 I give Blade the majority as he's displayed better h2h feats in his movies. Hopefully we'll see more from cap h2h in The Winter Soldier

#12 Posted by RogueShadow (10325 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: @shazam117: Nothing suggests that movie Blade's sword is Adamantium. it's never stated what it's made of but it's supposed to be laced with Silver and Garlic. .Oh and I know it's Vibranium, I was thinking about the comics where it's a V-A compound, Vibranium still trumps Titanium/Steel [Also, in the novelization of Iron man 2, it's the element that Tony discovers, not sure if it is the same in the MCU]

Also, I don't think they're around the same skill level, not yet anyway, we haven't seen Cap's full martial expertise in my opinion just his physicals.I can't wait for the winter soldier.

#13 Posted by i_like_swords (13945 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: Comic blade had an adamantium/titanium sword - either way, Vibranium isn't breaking it. I don't see how Vibranium trumps titanium. If that was the case then Iron Man wouldn't make his suits out of titanium. Also, titanium has better properties to make a sword from, whereas vibranium is a better shield because it absorbs kinetic energy. So we can't really say which one is better.

#14 Posted by Dextersinister (5979 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade in a stomp, if Cap annoys him with his shield it's torn from him and he gets beaten with it.

Cap wasn't that impressive in his own movie and his showings in the Avengers gives me the feeling that Whedon doesn't like the character.

#15 Edited by RogueShadow (10325 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah comic blade does, but I'm sure movie Blade doesn't it would have cut clean through Dracula's. I doubt Adamantium even exists in that continuity. Also, you think that Cap hitting the Titanium sword [I'm picturing the edges by the way not the blunt areas, they aren't sharp but they'd smash Blade's sword, lets say he managed t get it agains the ground then smashd it. Either way, the first thing he's gonna try to do is get rid of the blade] with... let's say 1000IB's of force isn't going to break it? Something's going to break, and it's not going be Vibranium.

Also this is irrelevant, but isn't Tony's suit a gold-titanium alloy? That in itself makes no sense because it would be strong but very brittle, it would be pretty hard, but not hard enough to take the knocks IM takes. So you can't really extend logic in that area.

I'd like to say, I doubt he'd even be able to do it considering Blade's superior physicals and skills, but if he managed to, the Titanium/Steel/whatever it's made from would break, unless it has some properties we don't know of, but we can't just assume it's adamantium.

Edit: I forgot to to tag you @i_like_swords

#16 Posted by i_like_swords (13945 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade in a stomp, if Cap annoys him with his shield it's torn from him and he gets beaten with it.

Cap wasn't that impressive in his own movie and his showings in the Avengers gives me the feeling that Whedon doesn't like the character.

Actually, I agree after remembering Blade 3. I remember what he was doing to those 'assassins' in hand-to-hand (completely embarrassing them), whereas Cap's just a puncher/grappler. Blade's stats are crazy better too.

Whedon did give him some crappy showings.

- Ass beaten by Loki

- Naded out a window

- Shot in the leg

- For some reason aims worse than a stormtrooper and needed Iron Man to help him out

#17 Posted by Dextersinister (5979 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: That last point was the one that stuck out the most to me. Iron man was supporting the hellicarrier and he was tied down by one mook.

#18 Posted by i_like_swords (13945 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister: I know right.. he was easily enough kicking doors down and blasting through Nazis with teserack tech in his movie, so why couldn't he just replicate that with one guy? To be fair the helicarrier was shaking and he lost his shield.. but he still should of had him.

#19 Posted by Bossmonster (2200 posts) - - Show Bio

Guess it doesn't need to be said, but Blade win's this one.

#20 Posted by RisingBean (3863 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister: Blade tears Roger's shield away while he just allows it? Fail logic. Cap actually has better strength showings so if anything he disarms Blade by crushing his wrist, assuming he can get a hold of course. @i_like_swords: Blades sword broke in part 2. Definitely not Adamantium. Vibranium can sunder his titanium or whatnot material sword. Also the being beat up by Loki and what not are not crappy showings, they are damned good durability showings. If anything they make it more likely Cap will soak Blade's assault and then beat him. As a matter of fact I amend round 2 to being about dead even.

#21 Posted by i_like_swords (13945 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Blades sword broke in part 2. Definitely not Adamantium. Vibranium can sunder his titanium or whatnot material sword. Also the being beat up by Loki and what not are not crappy showings, they are damned good durability showings. If anything they make it more likely Cap will soak Blade's assault and then beat him. As a matter of fact I amend round 2 to being about dead even.

What broke his sword because I can't remember that happening? No.. vibranium can't "sunder" titanium.

They aren't good durability showings because Loki has virtually no good striking feats whatsoever. I wasn't even saying it was a low showing, I meant that Whedon put in a lot of scenes where Cap got the worst of it.

In fact I just realized - there were TWO scenes in that movie where Iron Man bailed out Cap. Iron man is such a poster boy now..

#22 Posted by _Cerberus_ (3436 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America both rounds.

#23 Posted by KingAres109 (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought only the handle broke of not the sword.Plus everyone Cap fought In hIs fIrst movIe were fodder.No 1 In that movIe showed any h2h skIlls.I belIeve Blade can get around the sheIld.I dIdnt see anythIng ImpressIve from It..

#24 Posted by RisingBean (3863 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: If you recall Nomek lost when Blade pushed the broken blade in through the side, bypassing the bone growth on his heart. The blade had pierced Nomek and he snapped it off immediately after the final fight began. Cap could break the blade by say, allowing Blade to stab a wall or some such and then bringing his shield down on it, snapping it off. If it isn't unbreakable it can be sundered. He could also logically break Blade himself by simply countering martial art attacks with shield blows. Ten bucks says bones break before the shield does.

Granted Loki wasn't exactly Mike Tyson in the movies, but using our common sense we can glean a few things. He did give Thor a decent fight in Thor and Avengers, (and for those who say Thor was going easy, he may have been at times, but I saw Thor take a few swings meant to take his head off.) Loki had decent invulnerability feats (soaking Cap's hits, taking Starks with no obvious damage outside of being knocked down) and he got ragdolled by the Hulk and was ok within a 20 minute span. Point being he is obviously higher end then either of the combatants in this thread. So Cap taking his hits is definitely a show of durability.

Unrelated: I do feel the Avengers was leaning into Tony Stark and friends territory. I hope they remedy that in the future.

#25 Posted by Wolverine08 (41073 posts) - - Show Bio

@risingbean: I think Avengers was pretty balanced overall in attention given to everyone.

#26 Posted by KingAres109 (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

When have have Blade ever got his sword stuck in a wall!??Lol..Thats hoping for a lil too much.And how do we know if Loki hits were meant to kill!??We dont.Blade can get around the shield..Blade is a master swordsman and wont get it stuck in a wall!!Lol...

#27 Posted by Pokeysteve (8250 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade has way more experience fighting people with +human stats. Cap never really showed anything that impressive.

#28 Posted by RisingBean (3863 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Thor got basically nothing to do except a few seconds of background, send a car at some mooks and to use lightning to turn back a few space whales. Cap got the pep talk, the hostage building (which to my understanding was almost cut) a few things in background, the part where he tells the police what to do and the part where he and Thor are taking on a few baddies. Widow got her jump around and take over a sky sled as well as being the one to close the portal. Hawkeye got quite a few badass shots in.

Now the big dogs. Hulk smashed the space whale he got to grapple down another that was about to take out a building, he took out a number of mooks, oh and Loki. He got to curbstomp Loki. Iron Man took out more mooks then probably anybody, he played Jonah in the (space) whale and he also blew up the bad guy HQ with the atomic bomb.

Out of the four main Avengers (those who carried their own movies beforehand) Iron Man and Hulk had the biggest pushes in that final fight. I just hope that it is a bit more equal in the future, because it wasn't balanced quite enough in my opionion.

#29 Posted by progenitor (7534 posts) - - Show Bio

Unfortunately for the Captain America film, which tied into The Avengers, as good as they were? They no where near tapped into the character's true combat potential. To his credit, Rogers managed to hold his own against The Red Skull, an enemy with similarly enhanced physical attributes, staving him off long enough for Skull's insanity to get the better of him. Cap also faced off and managed to hold his own against Loki until Iron Man arrived.

Blade was very impressive in his series, going up against La Magra, Nomack, and Drake (basically supposed to be Dracula). Both Blade and Cap have shown incredible strength--enough to hurl people their own size around like rag dolls. As far as training goes, Blade seems to have an edge in his martial arts skill, while Cap was shown to have at least some boxing skill, as well as throwing some pretty heinous flying kicks. I believe one of Cap's best feats on screen was when he ricocheted his shield off of both Thor & Iron Man, before catching the shield effortlessly. It showed the mastery of his use of the shield, even in The First Avenger, he managed to take down someone trying to ambush them in a tree by slinging the shield and catching it. If Cap is going to win this fight? It's going to be because of the shield. Blade is incredibly good, but he's not perfect, and Cap has known how to take a beating since he was a kid. The way I see it? Cap draws the battle out long enough to use his strategic skills to catch Blade in a situation where he gets nailed with a ricocheting shield, where Cap can unleash and pummel Blade with his matching physical strength.

It would be a great fight, though, and I can't wait to see The Winter Soldier to see hopefully more combat feats added to Cap.

#30 Posted by RisingBean (3863 posts) - - Show Bio

When have have Blade ever got his sword stuck in a wall!??Lol..Thats hoping for a lil too much.And how do we know if Loki hits were meant to kill!??We dont.Blade can get around the shield..Blade is a master swordsman and wont get it stuck in a wall!!Lol...

He may not of had it happen in the movies. But it isn't out of the realm of the possible. He thrusts at Cap, who sidesteps. A wall is directly at his back so Blade's sword continues forward when it misses him and sticks in the wall. Cap turns back whipping his shield down onto the blade, sundering it. There are tons of ways to separate Blade from his weapon. Hell he could just take it a step further and remove his arm if he wants..

As per Loki meaning to kill or not, I dunno. But Cap has survived damage that would have killed normal men (shock wave from the grenade in the building would have pulped his insides to jelly, and he took a blast from the Chitari ground soldier that had similar guys knocking Iron Man around.) So my point stands in that he has a pretty decent durability.

#31 Edited by Immortal777 (7346 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade for both rounds. Blade was far more impressive in his movies than Cap was in his.

#32 Posted by i_like_swords (13945 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol I love the half sentences people are giving Blade in their posts compared to the paragraphs they give Cap. Popularity > Anything

#33 Edited by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade, He seemed far more skilled then Cap, and was far more lethal, i give him the win in both rounds.

#34 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7530 posts) - - Show Bio

Just an interesting side note, since I'd just watched the Blade Trilogy this weekend, in the movies Blade's sword is an acid-edged silver blade, and he does actually get it stuck for a few seconds in a pillar in his fight with Dracula in Trinity.

Don't know if those are makers or breakers for the fight, but I know it was being discussed.

Either way, I'm happy to see people debating this.

#35 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5376 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade both rounds

#36 Posted by RisingBean (3863 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: You haven't said anything in reply. Are you conceding my points?

@granitesoldier: Since you showed up, you may as well state your opinion.

#37 Posted by i_like_swords (13945 posts) - - Show Bio

@risingbean: Lol.. "conceding". No, I'm not. I just couldn't be bothered replying.

#38 Edited by RisingBean (3863 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Ouch. Well I think I am right in the points I bring up so nyeah nyeah!

Ha, if you want to go another round or so I'll check in on this thread for a few days.

#39 Edited by Chibi_cute (4516 posts) - - Show Bio

In h2h hand combat blade stomps.. he is much faster and fluid when it comes to hand movements. as seen in blade vs nomak fight. movie cap gets his bones broken.

Blade is much much better in martial arts compared to cap.

#40 Posted by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

In h2h hand combat blade stomps.. he is much faster and fluid when it comes to hand movements. as seen in blade vs nomak fight. movie cap gets his bones broken.

Nah he doesn't stomp in h2h Cap is pretty decent.

#41 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7025 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly can't remember any notable feats from Steve. Probably means I gotta watch the movie again :/

#42 Posted by BlackWind (6089 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched Captain America and Blade 1 recently. Don't recall any particular h2h feats from Steve. Also, Frost said Blade's sword was, "Titanium, right? Acid etched?"

#43 Posted by Chibi_cute (4516 posts) - - Show Bio

@cara_hunter: watch the fights of blade 1,2 then compare blade's h2h feats to cap. in movie captain america.

#44 Posted by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

@cara_hunter: watch the fights of blade 1,2 then compare blade's h2h feats to cap. in movie captain america.

IRL Blade stomped cannon fodder and so did Cap

Cap just lacks valid battle feats for the most part he really has no bad showings.

#45 Posted by RogueShadow (10325 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah comic blade does, but I'm sure movie Blade doesn't it would have cut clean through Dracula's. I doubt Adamantium even exists in that continuity. Also, you think that Cap hitting the Titanium sword [I'm picturing the edges by the way not the blunt areas, they aren't sharp but they'd smash Blade's sword, lets say he managed t get it agains the ground then smashd it. Either way, the first thing he's gonna try to do is get rid of the blade] with... let's say 1000IB's of force isn't going to break it? Something's going to break, and it's not going be Vibranium.

Also this is irrelevant, but isn't Tony's suit a gold-titanium alloy? That in itself makes no sense because it would be strong but very brittle, it would be pretty hard, but not hard enough to take the knocks IM takes. So you can't really extend logic in that area.

I'd like to say, I doubt he'd even be able to do it considering Blade's superior physicals and skills, but if he managed to, the Titanium/Steel/whatever it's made from would break, unless it has some properties we don't know of, but we can't just assume it's adamantium.

You just gonna ignore this? :P

#46 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (5162 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade.

#47 Posted by i_like_swords (13945 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow said:

How is Cap going to throw around 1000s of pounds of force? We don't even know he's that strong yet, so alone makes your point moot. His katana did cut clean through Drake as far as I remember. Unless Drake had some durability upgrade. The point is, Caps shield is there for defensive purposes. It's not the right material for snapping katanas. Aside from that, katanas - even steel - are extremely durable swords.

Look at this video and watch how durable a well made steel katana is. It should be evidence enough that one made from Titanium wouldn't break upon clashing with vibranium.

No.. it isn't. If you're referring to the gold on Tony's suit, that's a paint job. His suit is titanium.

Okay, so it's probably not adamantium. Titanium works just as well. There's a reason space crafts are made from Titanium alloys - they're durable but significantly lighter than Steel.

#48 Posted by RogueShadow (10325 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow said:
@rogueshadow said:

How is Cap going to throw around 1000s of pounds of force? We don't even know he's that strong yet, so alone makes your point moot. His katana did cut clean through Drake as far as I remember. Unless Drake had some durability upgrade. The point is, Caps shield is there for defensive purposes. It's not the right material for snapping katanas. Aside from that, katanas - even steel - are extremely durable swords.

Look at this video and watch how durable a well made steel katana is. It should be evidence enough that one made from Titanium wouldn't break upon clashing with vibranium.

No.. it isn't. If you're referring to the gold on Tony's suit, that's a paint job. His suit is titanium.

Okay, so it's probably not adamantium. Titanium works just as well. There's a reason space crafts are made from Titanium alloys - they're durable but significantly lighter than Steel.

I meant Dracula's sword, not Dracula himself. Tony's suit is definitely Gold-Titanium Alloy, he says it outright at the end of Iron man, it's not very strong, it's used in Dentistry. Also, let's say Cap can hit with a force of at least 500-700IB, since he's peak human, add to that Blade's own strength, definitely superhuman, the Blade will snap after 1 or 2 hits, and if Cap smashes his shield against it [The more pressurised edges,not the blunt of it, as I've already specified] It will smash.

#49 Posted by i_like_swords (13945 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: Lol, well you stand by that then amigo. I'm still of the stance that movie Blade destroys movie Cap and that his katana won't break just by hitting a shield.

#50 Posted by Dextersinister (5979 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister: Blade tears Roger's shield away while he just allows it? Fail logic. Cap actually has better strength showings so if anything he disarms Blade by crushing his wrist, assuming he can get a hold of course. @i_like_swords: Blades sword broke in part 2. Definitely not Adamantium. Vibranium can sunder his titanium or whatnot material sword. Also the being beat up by Loki and what not are not crappy showings, they are damned good durability showings. If anything they make it more likely Cap will soak Blade's assault and then beat him. As a matter of fact I amend round 2 to being about dead even.

Just take the sword out of the equation for all that matters. Movie blade is both shown and listed as having better strength than Cap. He has far superior durability, speed and fighting feats shown in his fight against Nomak alone.

So logic = blade taking the shield with one hand because his opponent only has one free hand and shoving it up Cap ass.