• 52 results
GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GraniteSoldier

The First Avenger takes on the man who broke the Batman.

These are movie versions only.

Both combatants are in character.

Hand to hand fight.

Battle takes place in the octagon.

Combatants start at opposing sides of the cage.

Victory by KO, incapacitation, or death.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

This would be a much better fight if both were unarmed and fighting in a steel cage or something. Give Cap room to move, and I don't see Bane tagging him like he did Batman, giving Cap a shield is just overkill, he breaks Bane with one blow.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cap easily.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4  Edited By GraniteSoldier

This would be a much better fight if both were unarmed and fighting in a steel cage or something. Give Cap room to move, and I don't see Bane tagging him like he did Batman, giving Cap a shield is just overkill, he breaks Bane with one blow.

Modded for balance.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wolverine008

Still Cap, but it will be harder.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the_stegman  Moderator

Yeah, I tend to agree, Bane will get some licks in, but ultimately Cap will knock his breather out like Batman did but unlike Batman, he'll keep punching. lol.

TimeToPlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America gets his back broke like The Batman did.

Deathstroke02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane FTW

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By patrat18

Cap

_Braveheart_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By _Braveheart_

My vote goes to Captain America.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap is like Mike Tyson. Bane is Trevor Berbick.

adhd_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By adhd_assassin

Movie cap is far superior to movie batman. Cap wins fairly easily.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Cap is like Mike Tyson. Bane is Trevor Berbick.

No Caption Provided

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15 JediXMan  Moderator

Cap.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Tyson beat Berbick to gain his belt back in the mid 80's. You can watch here. But I watched the fight again and think I gave Bane too much credit. Let me amend my answer.

Cap beats the brakes off of Bane with his superior stats and decent skill.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap. Better Stats. Better Skill.

Movie Bane was little more than a brawler that broke an out of shape and fresh out of retirement Batman who, even in his prime, wouldn't last long against Movie Cap.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Captain Americur

bunt947

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America for the win here.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Captain 'Merica beats Bane in a few minutes.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rogueshadow  Moderator

I go with Cap.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane. Stronger.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: how would Bane last a few minute against a guy that can punch through armour end glass or one shot a punching bag across a room. A few seconds maybe

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RBT

@wolverine08 said:

Yeah, I tend to agree, Bane will get some licks in, but ultimately Cap will knock his breather out like Batman did but unlike Batman, he'll keep punching. lol.

And how is he gonna figure that out?

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap destroys Bane quite easily.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@rbt: His breather takes up a third of his face, when cap punches him, what else will he hit?

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap looks stronger...

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Stegman: First off all, punching it won't work. Batman punched it once or twice without any results. He used "whatever it is called" to cut the mask. Cap has no such thing on him.

Second, Bane is not gonna stand there. He will hit as well. And he is considerably stronger than Cap.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RBT
Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rbt said:

@The Stegman: First off all, punching it won't work. Batman punched it once or twice without any results. He used "whatever it is called" to cut the mask. Cap has no such thing on him.

Second, Bane is not gonna stand there. He will hit as well. And he is considerably stronger than Cap.

Cap's a lot stronger than Batman, so it's not that hard to suggest he could affect the mask. Bats wasn't even in his prime then.

Bane's greatest strength feats are like, denting a wall and snapping necks. Cap's been able to repeatedly throw full-grown men into the air (once even from underwater), and lift a motorcycle with two women on it.

Cap has the superior stats, plus he doesn't have Bane's major weak spot with the mask. I suppose one could make the claim that Bane has a higher degree of skill and endurance, but he doesn't really have much to show for it.

I don't think it'll be a short fight though, Bane would be able to put up resistance.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RBT

@Veshark: Concrete>>> Submarine glass. And that's not even Bane's biggest feat. He snapped a handcuff like it was nothing. Now that requires strength.

He can't affect the mask. Batman hit it twice or more and Bane didn't even flinch. When Batman cut it, he started to panic.

Bane was able to take punches of Batman(who's strong enough to pull a man off the cliff with one arm) without flinching. Cap is superior in strength to Batman, but not by that much.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Veshark

@rbt said:

@Veshark: Concrete>>> Submarine glass. And that's not even Bane's biggest feat. He snapped a handcuff like it was nothing. Now that requires strength.

He can't affect the mask. Batman hit it twice or more and Bane didn't even flinch. When Batman cut it, he started to panic.

Bane was able to take punches of Batman(who's strong enough to pull a man off the cliff with one arm) without flinching. Cap is superior in strength to Batman, but not by that much.

One thing to note is that Bane was enraged at the point when he broke the concrete (after Bats broke his mask), so he was in a sense, bloodlusted. So he wasn't in a normal state (and it seemed like a one-off). Bane pulling handcuffs apart is pretty low-end...Cap bending steel bars and his kicks sending HYDRA troops flying is more notable.

Again, Batman wasn't in his physical prime then, and has never shown Cap's level of physical strength.

If you're thinking of Bruce saving Ra's - remember that he was still young, in his physical prime then. Batman's fight with Bane was like after what, eight years after TDK? Bruce had stopped being a vigilante, and was out of shape, and out of practice. And don't forget that leg and other wounds.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Cap is enhanced, Batman isn't.Cap strength>>>Batman.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Veshark: When is Bane not bloodlusted?

Breaking a handcuff is easier? Dude, have you ever seen an actual police handcuff. Let me tell you, they are strong. They can hold almost 900lbs. That's a LOT.Plus, people are handcuffed with their palms facing outwards. That makes is very hard to apply force. Bending steel bars is not even close to breaking a handcuff casually(because Bane actually did it casually).

The troops flying you are talking about, its not a big feat. Sending a 150 pound man flying would take almost thrice the mass, ie 450 lbs. Plus, here Cap utilised speed. Bane didn't. Handcuffs don't have enough length for you to gather a momentum. You have to do it on raw strength. Raw strength which is greatly reduced because your hands are tied with palm out.

Yes. I'm thuiking about Bruce saving Ra's. Bruce was not in his prime, but he's still able to take a chunk off a wall with one kick. With his injured leg.

I'm not denying that Cap is stronger than Batman, he is. But not as much as everybody is making him out to be.

Avatar image for ifoughtgalactus
Ifoughtgalactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Why would Bane be stronger than Cap, a super soldier? The man is pumping morphine into his system not venom.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 the_red_viper  Moderator

@rbt: In the beginning of Avengers Cap punched a punching bag off the ceiling and sent it a few meters away with one casual punch. That sort of thing requires serious strength.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Red_Viper: I was hoping someone would bring this up. Again. Speed. He put all his strength in that blow and utilised the speed(which Bane didn't). Plus, he's been punching that bag from forever.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 the_red_viper  Moderator

@rbt: And... what's stopping him from doing the same thing to Bane? You can't lowball this feat, did you ever punch a real professional punching bag? Those things are heavy. I don't think anyone in the world can make them move too much with a zero momentum punch like this, not to mention send them flying like that.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@Veshark: When is Bane not bloodlusted?

Breaking a handcuff is easier? Dude, have you ever seen an actual police handcuff. Let me tell you, they are strong. They can hold almost 900lbs. That's a LOT.Plus, people are handcuffed with their palms facing outwards. That makes is very hard to apply force. Bending steel bars is not even close to breaking a handcuff casually(because Bane actually did it casually).

The troops flying you are talking about, its not a big feat. Sending a 150 pound man flying would take almost thrice the mass, ie 450 lbs. Plus, here Cap utilised speed. Bane didn't. Handcuffs don't have enough length for you to gather a momentum. You have to do it on raw strength. Raw strength which is greatly reduced because your hands are tied with palm out.

Yes. I'm thuiking about Bruce saving Ra's. Bruce was not in his prime, but he's still able to take a chunk off a wall with one kick. With his injured leg.

I'm not denying that Cap is stronger than Batman, he is. But not as much as everybody is making him out to be.

Um, in this match and most of the time? He's relatively calm. He only started to go berserk when Bats broke his mask - which was where the pillar-punching feat is from.

Watch the movie again. You'll note that they weren't standard police handcuffs - they were zip-ties - which are significantly easier to break out of (I believe there are even online tutorials for this). So that feat is invalid, really, and Cap still surpasses him feat-wise. As for Cap throwing men into the air, he rarely utilized speed for most of them.

Punching through the submersible's cockpit underwater, and then hurling the man into the air, out of the water's surface and landing onto the dock. Factor in the water's pressure, and note that Cap didn't use speed. In the charge on Skull's Alps base, a standing Cap kicks a HYDRA guard into the air from a still position, using no momentum. So on, so forth.

As for Batman...he didn't break a chunk off the wall, just kicked off a few shards off a piece of brick. Punching through bricks is something that many real-world martial artists can accomplish so...again, Batman isn't in his prime.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By RBT

@The_Red_Viper: Yes. I've seen a punching bag actually. And they are not that heavy. 60-75 lbs. Plus, it didn't went FLYING in the movie. Not exactly. It went that far because of the height ie 3ft. I'm not lowballing this feat. I'm just saying its not as impressive as what Bane did.

Speed is a huge factor. Why do you think Flash hits so hard? Kinetic energy doesn't really depend on mass as much as it does on velocity.

KE=1/2 mv^2.

That's why kung fu artists are able to beak several bricks at once when we can't even scratch them.

Nothing is stopping Cap from doing same. Except that Bane is free to punch here as well. He is very fast. Faster than Batman was in his prime(Alfred said that).

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 the_red_viper  Moderator

@rbt: Umm no, he clearly sent it flying.

Loading Video...

Also notice his flashbacks, he CLEARLY has superhuman strength, kicking guys around like a beach ball.

mikesterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mikesterman
Avatar image for terrybogard2014
TerryBogard2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie captain america beats movie bane down

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie CA has better physicals than Movie Bane.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap destroys Bane.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikesterman: no he didn't he just damaged it, a lot of martial artists can punch through a wall up to five bricks thick so that's not superhuman in any way. In fact he actually hit that wall 4 seconds father batman left so that's a how of very slow reflexes. Caps will just blitze

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Posted by The Stegman (16199 posts) - 11 hours, 30 minutes ago - Show Bio

QFT

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America chased a speeding car on foot. Chased down a Sub underwater. Lifted a Motorcycle with people sitting on it. He boxed a friggin Frost Giant. Nolans Bane was made to exist in our world so while strong he is no better physically then Dwayne Johnson. Cap was made to be what he is..a superhuman. Who would not be smart enough to notice that Banes needs the mask?

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane gets one shotted. Mismatch