Movie Avengers vs Cloverfield Monster

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Space_Coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Space_Coyote

The monster attacks NYC at 9:00 am and the Avengers have 15 minutes to formulate a plan of attack. Battle is to the death.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
starkwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By starkwood

Cloverfield.

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By TheSpiritStalker

Clover was pretty tough but avengers could take this after a long explosive fight. Prolly with Hulk and Thor remaining

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By nickthedevil

Movie Thor solos.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By InnerVenom123

Thor solos.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor solos.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By TheGoldenOne
Thor solos.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Killemall

@venomoushatred1001: Sadly from what we know till date Thor would be watered down for Avengers. There is a scene towards the beginning of the movie where Iron Man gets the better of thor, apparently because as Thor strikes Iron Man with his lightning it actually charges Iron Man's armor and makes him stronger. Also, i am pretty convinced that Hulk is going to look the strongest in the movie, specially since the trailer actually points to the fact that Loki is somehow going to use Hulk to escape shield.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Uh... do we even know the Monster's limits? Last I saw it was fine after a bombing run and we never really saw what it even takes to hurt the thing.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall said:

@venomoushatred1001: Sadly from what we know till date Thor would be watered down for Avengers. There is a scene towards the beginning of the movie where Iron Man gets the better of thor, apparently because as Thor strikes Iron Man with his lightning it actually charges Iron Man's armor and makes him stronger. Also, i am pretty convinced that Hulk is going to look the strongest in the movie, specially since the trailer actually points to the fact that Loki is somehow going to use Hulk to escape shield.

Really? Do you know where the clip is at? I would be interested in seeing it.

Yeah, I hate the idea of making Hulk look the most powerful, but you're right, that is more than likely how its going to play out.

I had a feeling Thor was going to lose to Iron Man -___- The trailers hinted at it.

izbighulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By izbighulk

Avengers win because of the hulk,they give a good fight but in the end only hulk is alive and his pretty angry

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@izbighulk said:

Avengers win because of the hulk,they give a good fight but in the end only hulk is alive and his pretty angry

Pretty sure Thor would survive as well.

Harddrivexxii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Harddrivexxii

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@izbighulk said:

Movie Iron Man would survive this too - keeping his distance using repulsors. IM is seriously agile/fast and would easily be able to avoid Cloverfields attacks.

Avatar image for shamelesslysupportinaznballers
Shamelesslysupportinaznballers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nick Fury nukes Cloverfield monster from helicarrier

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers said:

Nick Fury nukes Cloverfield monster from helicarrier

Forgot that Nick was in the OP.

@Harddrivexxii said:

@izbighulk said:

Movie Iron Man would survive this too - keeping his distance using repulsors. IM is seriously agile/fast and would easily be able to avoid Cloverfields attacks.

Agreed.

starkwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By starkwood

Didn't they unsuccessfully nuke the monster in the movie? They never even scratched it.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jeanroygrant

@nickthedevil said:

Movie Thor solos.

@InnerVenom123 said:

Thor solos.

Thor solos.

@TheGoldenOne said:

Thor solos.

Nuff Said.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Killemall
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Avengers.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Shawnbaby

Avengers...Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man deal with the Big Monster. 
Cap, Hawkeye, and BW...deal with the little ones and help evacuate the civilians.

Avatar image for the_average_bear
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By The Average Bear

Avengers win due to Thor

Montaq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Montaq

@Shawnbaby said:

Avengers...Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man deal with the Big Monster. Cap, Hawkeye, and BW...deal with the little ones and help evacuate the civilians.
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Thou God of Thunder smites the beast single handedly, allowing for thine comrades to rest and save their strength for future endevors 

aka 

Thor solos

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Onemoreposter

Clovie wins. He survived a nuke right?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By willpayton

Thor and Hulk can win this. The others might get stepped on if they're not careful.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By tg1982

@Shawnbaby said:

Avengers...Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man deal with the Big Monster. Cap, Hawkeye, and BW...deal with the little ones and help evacuate the civilians.

Pretty much nailed it.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Avengers for the win. And I think Thor could solo. Didn't he fly right through that big a$$ ice creature that Ymir sent after him in the movie? I see the Cloverfield monster ending that way.

Space_Coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Space_Coyote

Gonna bump this now that the movie is out

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Greendevil

Thor and Iron man attack from above with lightning and firepower. While Hulk is swallowed by Clover and destroys him from the inside. Cap, Widow and Hawkeye take care of the smaller ones.

Nessy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Nessy

@Killemall said:

Really? Do you know where the clip is at? I would be interested in seeing it.

Yeah, I hate the idea of making Hulk look the most powerful, but you're right, that is more than likely how its going to play out.

I had a feeling Thor was going to lose to Iron Man -___- The trailers hinted at it.

Emm, In the Thor vs Iron Man fight scene Thor beats Iron Man easily, even with Iron Man at 400% power.

Thor headbutts him down, and can rip through iron mans suit with his bare hands. Luckily captain America talks him down...

EternalDecider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By EternalDecider

This would be an awesome fight to watch. But the only heroes that would pack a punch against Cloverfield Monster would be Thor and Hulk. Iron Man would probably do some damage here and there but he's gonna get swept outta the sky if he isn't careful. Captain America, Hawkeye and Black Widow are useless and unless Capt gets some badass suit or armor, he's not gonna be much of a threat. Thus, the only thing the three of them can do is to evacuate civilians. Providing they don't get crushed first.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Killemall

@Nessy said:

Emm, In the Thor vs Iron Man fight scene Thor beats Iron Man easily, even with Iron Man at 400% power.

Thor headbutts him down, and can rip through iron mans suit with his bare hands. Luckily captain America talks him down...

I posted this before i saw the movie, but yeah although Thor did get the better of Iron Man its not without downside. He did look watered down, because from 616 we know Thor is powerful enough to simply rip iron man out of his suit and sustain pretty much no injury whatsoever while fighting, they did fight once in Thor 603? or something close to that.

Also Thor headbutted him down i agree, i dont agree Thor could simply rip iron man's suit with his bare hands, what gave you that suggestion. Also you gotta agree Hulk looked the strongest.

You know something strange, 10 of us went to watch the movie most of whom have never read comics, and they came out thinking Black Widow was probably a better fighter than captain America. Although based on Marvel Bio Black Widow only scored 5 out of 7 for fighting skills and Captain America scored 7 out of 7 (which was kind of weird he's skilled were stated to be superior than Black Panther, although i do believe Black Panther has better skill feats).

Hulk looked the strongest by far, and it looks to me that Hulk is going to get heaps of feats from 616 comics too, specially given that fact that new avengers series that recently came out is called Hulk smash Avengers.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Onemoreposter said:

Clovie wins. He survived a nuke right?

No, Cloverfield survived a tactical nuke. Far smaller blast radius and a weaker explosion so it's easier to be contained and to reduce any potential friendly casualties.

Honestly, we don't really know the upper limits of either the Avengers nor the monster.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By ComicStooge

Hulk would probably solo.

Nessy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Nessy

After watching the film with the very little comic book knowledge I have I thought that Thor was the most powerful easily. He was literally ripping through Iron Man's suit with his bare hands.

He looked like he got the better of hulk, even though hulk was out of control and going all out, while Thor was holding back so as not to hurt Banner.

Thor at one point killed 2 of those giant ships (and countless tiny ones), and more throughout the fight scene, where as the hulk only killed the first one.

And as I have said before in the films Thor has basically not been tested yet. His greatest injury he took was a slight nose bleed taken in the avengers from being punched directly by the hulk, or possibly being stabbed by Loki, either way he seemed fine an instant later.

svtballa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By svtballa

Watched the film..hulk was by far the most powerful. He would solo that thing

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Spartan101

team will win imo,thor/hulk being the key,hulk will get inside it and start pulling it to pieces after a bit,thor would use a hammer strike to weaken it too. ironman will just fly around it shouting witty 1 liners,,,capt,widow,hawkeye not needed.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By KainScion

hulk or thor solos. then shaorma for everybody!!!

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jeanroygrant

@nickthedevil said:

Movie Thor solos.
Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jorgevy

Thor was pretty much holding back with Hulk and Tony and still got the better of them (he crushed IM's armour with one HAND and took Hulk's punches easily, matching him in strenght too)

He got stabbed by Loki and just a few secs later he phased it, like he had never been stabbed at all in the first place.

Not to mention his lightning powers and attacks on the ships.

We still dont know how powerful he is, but he could solo the Clover monsters. And even if he couldn't or had trouble with it, Iron Man and Hulk would help and destroy the monster from the inside.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#42  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

I see Hulk and Thor remaining and taking it down like How they Did it to one of the flying metal worm things in the film. (they got on top of it and jammed a large chunk of metal into the base of its neck and shot it with heavy lightening.)

Le_Piaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Le_Piaf

Avengers win this.

Avatar image for daddy_cool_dude
Daddy_Cool_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Daddy_Cool_Dude

On-screen I saw only 2000-pound bomb bombing run and nothing heavier. When they decide to level Manhattan, it's hinted that they probably sent loads of B-52 or something with conventional bombs, and is unlikely to be nuke.

The director also stated that the last bombing actually kill the monster.

Avengers can handle this, Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk are main factor.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Picard

@Killemall said:

I don't know what kind of fight you were watching but Thor didn't have a scratch after this battle, and Starks armour wasn't in good shape after the battle. Pretty much Captain America saved Tony from Thor's wrath. Back on the topic - I think Avengers should win: they have three powerful characters, plus good tactician/leader. What monster can do?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Killemall

@Picard said:

I don't know what kind of fight you were watching but Thor didn't have a scratch after this battle, and Starks armour wasn't in good shape after the battle. Pretty much Captain America saved Tony from Thor's wrath. Back on the topic - I think Avengers should win: they have three powerful characters, plus good tactician/leader. What monster can do?

Did you not check the date when i posted the argument? I posted it even before the movie was even released and that was what i got from the trailers. However, even after having watched the movie i dont know what i said was incorrect, Thor looked watered down as i expected based on the trailer and Hulk looked the strongest among the avengers.

svtballa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By svtballa

Agree. No question hulk was the best. Loki and Thor had a duel while Thor got the best of him it was still a duel..hulk managed to grab Loki with one hand and completely smash him. Hulk also took out one of those serpants with one punch

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48  Edited By EdwardWindsor

Avengers win. Ironman, hulk or thor could all just go in via mouth and one shot the monster from inside. Hulk and Thor could both possibly solo anyways. Lightning attacks such as third from movies final fight and just regular hulk attacks will cause damage. Hulk wrecked everything he fought bar Thor which was pretty much a draw

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Picard

@svtballa said:

Agree. No question hulk was the best. Loki and Thor had a duel while Thor got the best of him it was still a duel..hulk managed to grab Loki with one hand and completely smash him. Hulk also took out one of those serpants with one punch

Physically? Maybe. But Thor is only a little weaker than Hulk, plus he have lightning bolts, Mjollnir, he can fly and is far more skilled fighter than the Hulk. So I would say that all things considered he is the most powerful from all of them. Plus you must consider than when Thor fought Loki, Thor only used physical attacks and he didn't really want to hurt his brother, he wanted to talk him out of his evil ways.

@Killemall said:

@Picard said:

Did you not check the date when i posted the argument? I posted it even before the movie was even released and that was what i got from the trailers. However, even after having watched the movie i dont know what i said was incorrect, Thor looked watered down as i expected based on the trailer and Hulk looked the strongest among the avengers.

I think we have a bit different perception of that scene. Definitely Iron man was in worst shape than Thor. But back to the back to the topic what monster can do?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
Thor solos