Movie Avengers vs Aliens from Independence day

• 151 results
mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@the_happy_wendingo: That's pretty much what Thor would do. Unfortunately this fight is all about Tony.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Most likely Aliens win this.

No one's really made a strong case for Tony finding out a way to take down the Aliens shields. Goldbloom just stumbled across it somewhat accidently and kind of pieced it together. Maybe Tony could figure it out, but I can't assume he could without any evidence. And seeing how quickly the Aliens devestated the world he wouldn't have a lot of time.

Aliens shields basically make the world military ineffective. And Ironman and his armors would definetly get taken out by the fighters if he fought the straight up.

Thor would be the best bet in taking the alien head on and he looks like he would get overwhelmed.

In Indepence Day the aliens were defeated by a plot device and stealth mission to destroy the mothership.

So from the scenario presented I've got to go with the Aliens. No strong case for Avengers getting past the shields and Aliens have overwhelming numbers and firepower. Plus cap and all the human level avengers would be useless.

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By rpottage

@rpottage: Hulk is capable of producing more physical force than an average missile not to mention there's really no proof the the ID4 aliens would even be capable of killing him.

Do you have movie proof that his hits are physically more powerful than nukes? Bearing in mind that nukes produce an insane amount of physical power.

The aliens decimated entire cities; Hulk retreated after a couple bullets and sonic attacks. Sonic attacks that were way less powerful than beams destroying cities.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By mtuske

So a computer virus from 1996 can take down an Alien mother ships defenses but a super genius wouldn't be able to with the tech he has. Plot is such a stupid excuse.

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske said:

So a computer virus from 1996 can take down an Alien mother ships defenses but a super genius wouldn't be able to with the tech he has. Plot is such a stupid excuse.

Of course it is, it's PIS.

Avatar image for the_happy_wendingo
The_Happy_Wendingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Hulk was having trouble against multiple Chitari blasts, and those were just rifle blasts, the ID alien fighter planes pack more punch and there is more of them AND they can shoot at a much safer distance, though it is unsure on if they can hover and shoot instead of just being able to move along in a straight line at mach speeds. The only way I see Hulk being of any use is if the shields drop and they dropped hulk from a plane onto one of the big ships hovering over cities and tearing it apart, he would be useless against the fighter jets.

The_Happy_Wendingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunman: The street levelers could probably beat the Aliens if they were ground troops, remember, one punch from a normal soldier like Will Smiths character was enough to knock it out. As said in the OP, there are ground troops, I think the street level guys could take that one with help from military, remember in the movie they were preparing for a ground troop invasion to wipe out all the hiding humans since it would take too long with their ships.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By SUNMAN

@mtuske said:

you make it sound like a computer virus is equivalent to an iphone, it doesn't work like that.

If Tony notices what they are doing with the signal, and figures out what they are doing than he can approach it logically and figure out what he needs to do in order to deactivate their shields etc.

I don't think anyone's saying its not possible. My position is I'm not just going to give someone the benefit of the doubt because they are smart its easier said than done. Doesn't seem fair to take the position Tony will figure it out based on what was given and how things played out in Independce Day. Will Smith and Jeff had to sneak aboard the mothership, access the alien ship from space in order to deactivate the shields.

It seems like a stretch to say Ironman can do all that in a few seconds. The mothership is all the way in space. Plus the aliens shut down a lot of the earths satellites and transmissions. So unless Ironman has some plot device to establish a connection advantage aliens.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpottage: It would be PIS if these Aliens had other showings. They don't so it can only be assumed as normal. Just like when Will Smith knocked one out it was called PIS. It wasn't. We can only assume they can't take a punch.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@rpottage: There didn't appear to be any actual damage so he could have retreated out of instinct. In fact the only thing in the MCU that seemed like it could legitimately hurt Hulk was Abomination.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By SUNMAN

@sunman: The street levelers could probably beat the Aliens if they were ground troops, remember, one punch from a normal soldier like Will Smiths character was enough to knock it out. As said in the OP, there are ground troops, I think the street level guys could take that one with help from military, remember in the movie they were preparing for a ground troop invasion to wipe out all the hiding humans since it would take too long with their ships.

yeah in a ground fight the Avengers would own. but in the movie they didn't have any ground troops.

Plus remember when that Alien woke up and killed all those doctors and security guys and had to be shot. So they have some strong psychic abilities. We didn't really see any of their hand guns or anything. From what little we saw I would assume the Avengers would dominate a ground fight.

But the Aliens strengths were:

The Shield

The vast army of fighter ships.

The big ships that could blow up cities.

And there were big ships in every country it wasn't just the US so the army was big. These guys would decimate the Chitari

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske said:

@rpottage: It would be PIS if these Aliens had other showings. They don't so it can only be assumed as normal. Just like when Will Smith knocked one out it was called PIS. It wasn't. We can only assume they can't take a punch.

Why would knocking one out with a single punch be PIS, being an advanced alien race does not mean you automatically have superior durability but it would almost certainly mean you have better computers.

The fact that the virus Goldblum came up with worked is just one of those things we accept on suspension of disbelief for a popcorn munching film but if we analyze it on the battle forums we acknowledge it as silly.

Let's put it this way the aliens where using the exact same tech in the film despite the huge gap between the Roswell crash and there attack but it is a guaranteed to look far more advanced in the much shorter gap between the first movie and the sequel.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By mtuske

@dextersinister: the knockout of the alien being plot was a comment from another poster earlier today.

After the sequel I may change my mind but right now I'm going Avengers.

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske said:

No, those are completely different things. The reason it's PIS is because in order for an apple OS virus to infect the alien mothership; they would need to be running a apple OS. In fact in the movie itself they had a scene that was deleted but that you can still find that addressed that very issue. It was flimsy as all hell; but basically he used the crashed ship they had to tinker with and discovered it was running in the same operating language as what he personally had already deciphered and used that knowledge and what he could gain from having the operating system on hand from the ship to create a virus. Ironman has none of that, so even that flimsy as hell excuse doesn't work.

And no, it's not based of showings; this is based off of basic computer science. Just look it up; there have been many people who wrote about how stupid that virus thing was and why. So when you take out the only thing that even made it the tiniest bit plausible; well you're going to have a hard time explaining why Tony can do it.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I see this going like the avengers movie somehow. lol

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony can do it because he's vastly more advanced than regular humans (tech wise). The tech he uses is so far advanced from ours it's basically alien itself to us. If he had to use today's tech than no but he is far ahead of ours.

Avatar image for kingofthunder247
kingofthunder247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the aliens from independence day wasn't that impressive even with the shield that the humans finally learn how to take out on the spacecraft..only thing i like was the size of the mothership...stark...thor....and the hulk would have had the world back to normal in no time

The_Happy_Wendingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicace3: How so/ The Aliens have far more numbers in this scenario then the Chitauri, who decided to open a worm hole in a bad spot, the ID aliens were smart to import mother ship away from harm to the solar system.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@the_happy_wendingo: I don't know. They both attacked NY for some reason. And these aliens are vulnerable outside there fighter jet IIRC. Just have thor shoot lighting into that opening they have in the mother fleet or throw hulk inside and the battle will be over. Not saying it will be a shot one.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

@joshmightbe: To be fair, their weapons seemed just as powerful as the Chitauri's from the little ships at least, and they had Hulk under fire. And call me crazy but I think if Hulk took one of the bigger ships blasts directly, it'd at least change him back to Banner or something. No way Marvel would back themselves into a corner and make Hulk unbeatable.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By joshmightbe

@xanni15: Just saying nothing has seemed to actually hurt him yet aside from Abom and maybe Thor's hammer. Pretty much all anything else has done is slow him down a bit.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Xanni15

@joshmightbe: No doubt, his durability has been insane so far. It might just be a one time thing but the Chitauri ships overwhelmed him during the final battle in Avengers.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony and Banner win by coming up with a virus for the Alien's Linux based system.

If the Avengers werent allowed to win that way, and had to fight it out, then the Aliens win.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanni15: He went down for like 3 seconds, I wouldn't exactly call that overwhelmed.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanni15: He went down for like 3 seconds, I wouldn't exactly call that overwhelmed.

But he had a bloody nose!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: A bloody nose isn't the end of a fight, well if you're fighting a hemophiliac it would be over but under normal circumstances its a minor inconvenience at worst.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: He was vulnerable, that's all I was pointing out. I've felt all along that the Avengers got this.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 rogueshadow  Moderator

Avengers.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_philosoraptor_:

The earth is screwed the only way to bring down the shields is a virus to the mothership and those ships shields Can tank nukes with out a scratch

Aliens exterminate us

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The aliens vastly outnumbers the avengers.. even if they manage to bring down the shields they can't defeat an enemy that numbers thousands with superior firepower. Iron man would run out of power and missiles. and thor would be pretty exhausted.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Oh you missed my sarcasm. I'm sorry. I agree with you.

Note to self, next time you use sarcasm, throw out a spoiler tag noting it.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: This is why they need to invent a sarcasm font

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By RisingBean

@joshmightbe: That may be the most spectacular idea in the history of forums. I know it would be my font of choice.

The_Happy_Wendingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute: This battle is basically Tony Stark vs the Aliens.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Happy_Wendingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wenjun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman.

Avatar image for _philosoraptor_
_Philosoraptor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By _Philosoraptor_

Edited to the current Avengers roster.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aliens

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers win.

EmeraldDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone seems to be forgetting The Vision. One of two things happens:

(1) Vision torches the Alien ship, penetrating the shields of the Alien ship with the power of an Infinity Stone;

or,

(2) Vision phases through the shields, and fries everything in sight once inside the ship - or disables the shields and the rest of the Avengers join him in stomping the Aliens...

Zzxzxxxzzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even 616 Avengers would lose to the aliens.

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given how hes been meatriding the aliens for 3 years, i wouldn't be surprised if ZZZ is the same guy in the movie who got kidnapped and raped by the aliens.

OT: The harvesters have nuke proof shields and the mothership is the size of a continent so good luck getting past that.

No Caption Provided