Most powerful NIGH OMNIPOTENT being ever.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Possibly Myx (it's a complicated argument that's been gone over multiple times about what level exactly he's on).

The Bad Wolf is another contender.

Parryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By Parryboy

Don't include Bugs Bunny

He's the one Omnipotents worship.

With that being said Justice League Cartoon Batman

Avatar image for usernameunderconstruction
UserNameUnderConstruction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tjsh96 said:

Either Pre-Retcon Beyonder, Thanos with the Heart Of The Universe, The Living Tribunal, Lucifer Morningstar or M.O.M (image comics).

M.O.M is omnipotent not NIGH-omnipotent
other than that agreed

Avatar image for usernameunderconstruction
UserNameUnderConstruction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maaask12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By maaask12

Storm

OCKoopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Over Monitor and The Source in DC

HOTU Thanos, PR Beyonder, and PR Molecule Man in Marvel

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#208  Edited By leonkarlen123
No Caption Provided

Killer Croc

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@osymandias: the overmonitor/ primal monitor > the presence in comical form, technically all omnipotents are equal. the source is the right answer.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

this is sort of contradictiv since you need to be more POWERFUL than the other "nigh-omnipotents" and can't be omnipotent so you basically can't...

spilling the knowledge since 5 years ago

Rago_Beyblader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there is nothing like nigh omnipotent. Either someone is omnipotent or not omnipotent.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By warlock360
No Caption Provided

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By jwwprod

@warlock360 said:

No Caption Provided

This thread is about most power nigh-omnipotent beings.

MOM is fully omnipotent LOL!

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlock360: thought he was the omnipotent creator of the image universes

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By warlock360

@jwwprod: @van_cere: In a sense he is, though he / she admitted that the rules he / she made, couldn't be changed, not even by him. That's a restriction, which makes him nigh-omnipotent.

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlock360: can you supply the scan? i want to know what kind of rules he/she meant.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere: I think it had to do with Al's wife or daughter dying and that it is the way it was meant to be. I'll try and find it.

Rago_Beyblader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod: @van_cere: In a sense he is, though he / she admitted that the rules he / she made, couldn't be changed, not even by him. That's a restriction, which makes him nigh-omnipotent.

by that logic no character is omnipotent. let there be some omnipotent xyz, now Can xyz make rules he himself can't change ?

if yes then he is not omni, if no then again he is not omni.

Simple fact is that you can't use logic for omnipotence.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rago_beyblader: sorry to burst that bubble but "the" one above all, can. As it is the writer.

Rago_Beyblader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Rago_Beyblader
@warlock360 said:

@rago_beyblader: sorry to burst that bubble but "the" one above all, can. As it is the writer.

sorry but you didn't burst anything. 1st he is not writer 2nd he can what ? make rule that he himself can't change ? If yes he can then now he can't change those rules thus he is not omnipotent. This is called omnipotence paradox, according to logic omnipotence can't exist.

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Van_Cere

@Rago_Beyblader: using logic to explain comics is just dumb.

he can make a rule that he can not change, then change it. omnipotents MAKE logic in their creations, so if he can not change what he previously made, he is not omnipotent.

edit. control temper.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rago_beyblader: that would be in our world, in a comic world that's something else :D Writer's can make, change, re-write and retcon.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Rago_Beyblader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Rago_Beyblader

@van_cere said:

@Rago_Beyblader:.

he can make a rule that he can not change, then change it.

contradictory statements, if the rule is changed then it means he failed to create unchangeable rule.

@rago_beyblader: that would be in our world, in a comic world that's something else :D Writer's can make, change, re-write and retcon.

you didn't even answer my question and are trying to get away from it. Answer in yes or no. And weather its yes or no in both cases, omnipotance can't exist anywhere.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123: The bottle that beat croc is of the highest omnipotence.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rago_beyblader: strictly that should be correct (how was that a yes / no question? lol). But there can be a bigger power scale than "nigh-omnipotent". As i mentioned before the TOAA (being the writer) can even move in our world, which MoM and Presence cannot.

Rago_Beyblader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Rago_Beyblader

@rago_beyblader: strictly that should be correct (how was that a yes / no question? lol). But there can be a bigger power scale than "nigh-omnipotent". As i mentioned before the TOAA (being the writer) can even move in our world, which MoM and Presence cannot.

again you are trying to change the topic, question was - can a character make rule that he himself can't change ? yes or no ?

As i mentioned(but you ignored) ToAA is NOT writer. There is no proof. Its just a false rumor.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By warlock360
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rago_Beyblader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That proves nothing, that comic came out in 2004 and kirby died in 90s, marvel didn't have kirby's permission to make a comic representation of him sooooooooo that god has nothing to do with kirby.

And you said yes ? means he CAN create a rule he himself can't change. And now since there is something he can't thus he is not omnipotent.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rago_beyblader: Omnipotence cannot be comprehended by simple minds like ours.

Rago_Beyblader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Rago_Beyblader

@warlock360 said:

@rago_beyblader: Omnipotence cannot be comprehended by simple minds like ours.

Thats why i said omnipotence can't exist according to logic, and thats why your logic about Man of Miracles - "he / she admitted that the rules he / she made, couldn't be changed, not even by him. That's a restriction, which makes him nigh-omnipotent." is INVALID

plus i proved that toaa is not writer.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By warlock360

@rago_beyblader: first of all, how does it disprove hím being nigh (NOT) omnipotent? second of all, how did you disprove that toaa is not a writer? did you show any scans? Were the fantastic four not originally created by stan lee and jack kirby?

Rago_Beyblader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Rago_Beyblader

@warlock360 said:

@rago_beyblader: first of all, how does it disprove hím being nigh (NOT) omnipotent? second of all, how did you disprove that toaa is not a writer? did you show any scans? Were the fantastic four not originally created by stan lee and jack kirby?

use some brain,

YOU said an omnipotent CAN make a rule that he can't change. And when i used this logic to prove that he is not omnipotent then you said omnipotence is beyond our sense hence we can't use this logic.

MoM did the same. he made rule that he can't change. And now you are using it to tell that he is not omnipotent.

1st you rejected that thing and then you are using that thing.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

go back and read what i said about kirby. You prefer to ignore things way too much

Avatar image for maninthemountain
ManInTheMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Popeye with spinach or the cops that arrested Thanos

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rago_beyblader: I'm not consciously ignoring anything lol, more like missing it.

"YOU said an omnipotent CAN make a rule that he can't change" - yes, someone who can do everything should be able to do that
"And when i used this logic to prove that he is not omnipotent then you said omnipotence is beyond our sense hence we can't use this logic." - I'm not directly saying we can't use this logic, but maybe we're perceiving things the wrong way. Naturally true omnipotence is just a "standard model" that's not directly applicable.

"MoM did the same. he made rule that he can't change. And now you are using it to tell that he is not omnipotent." - I posted MoM in this thread, saying he is not omnipotent.

I know kirby died before the comic this was in was made, but he originally wrote them. It was sort of a homage from Stan i guess.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By warlock360
PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Demonbane and PR beyonder come to mind first..

Lord44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Lord44
Pre-Retcon Aunt May
Pre-Retcon Aunt May

Rago_Beyblader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By Rago_Beyblader

@warlock360:

@warlock360 said:

@rago_beyblader: I'm not consciously ignoring anything lol, more like missing it.

"YOU said an omnipotent CAN make a rule that he can't change" - yes, someone who can do everything should be able to do that

"And when i used this logic to prove that he is not omnipotent then you said omnipotence is beyond our sense hence we can't use this logic." - I'm not directly saying we can't use this logic, but maybe we're perceiving things the wrong way. Naturally true omnipotence is just a "standard model" that's not directly applicable.

"MoM did the same. he made rule that he can't change. And now you are using it to tell that he is not omnipotent." - I posted MoM in this thread, saying he is not omnipotent.

I know kirby died before the comic this was in was made, but he originally wrote them. It was sort of a homage from Stan i guess.

Using complex and twisted statements won't help you. Either you use that logic or reject it. But don't use it for one character and reject it for other. Be fair.

Kirby made FF reed, jonny, ben, sue. he didn't made any comic representation of himself. Unless marvel has a written permission from kirby they can't make his representation.

otherwise If stan lee can use it then i can use it too and i can show kirby losing to my created character who is spiderman level.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Stan Lee.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rago_beyblader: I just read what started this, so basically because i said MoM is not Omnipotent (because of the rules), i am also admitting that my logic says Omnipotence is not possible? yes i admit that, if that is what you meant.

Rago_Beyblader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rago_beyblader: I just read what started this, so basically because i said MoM is not Omnipotent (because of the rules), i am also admitting that my logic says Omnipotence is not possible? yes i admit that, if that is what you meant.

yes and thus by that logic ToAA is not omnipotent either. Nobody is.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#245 owie  Moderator

What's silly about this thread is that it should really be an argument about how powerful you can be as a "nigh-omnipotent" before you actually become omnipotent. And since nigh-omnipotent is simply a shorthand we use for someone who's nearly omnipotent but not actually, basically we're splitting hairs between someone who is almost infinite, but not actually infinite. And since there is really no such thing as "almost infinite," it's a moot point.

Personally I like using "limited omnipotent" meaning that someone can do whatever they want up to a certain distance or scale, like the Shaper of Worlds, who can do whatever he wants within a certain mile distance.

Rago_Beyblader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie said:

Personally I like using "limited omnipotent" meaning that someone can do whatever they want up to a certain distance or scale, like the Shaper of Worlds, who can do whatever he wants within a certain mile distance.

Thats not possible. If someone can do ANYTHING withing a km then he CAN eliminate this limitation as well.

fact is either he is omni or not omni. There is nothing like nigh omni or an omni with a limitation

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 owie  Moderator

@owie said:

Thats not possible. If someone can do ANYTHING withing a km then he CAN eliminate this limitation as well.

fact is either he is omni or not omni. There is nothing like nigh omni or an omni with a limitation

Well, that's exactly the amusing part of all these terms. Obviously, characters with power sets like Shaper of Worlds are unable to overcome that one limitation.

Or, in the case of someone like Secret Wars 2-era Molecule Man, he is seemingly omnipotent and able to do anything to those with power sets below him, but there are those (like Beyonder) with power sets above him. So we call him "nigh omnipotent" because there are proven limits to his power. But I prefer "limited" to "nigh" because "nigh" implies that it is close to infinity, whereas philosophically there is no such thing as "close to" infinity.

ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess people don't know the difference between Nigh-Omnipotent and Omnipotent.

I'd say HoG Ion due to him being nigh-omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent.

Rago_Beyblader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By Rago_Beyblader

@owie: cuz they are unable to remove that 1 limitation, it means there is something they can't. Thus they are NOT omni. thats it. Your limited omni are no different from NOT omni. Either omni or not omni. There is nothing else.

MM or even beyonder CAN'T do just ANYTHING with power below them. For example they can't make those weaker people omnipotent.

And since they are retconed thus they were never that powerful in the first place. Beyonder was never a supreme being.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 owie  Moderator

@owie: cuz they are unable to remove that 1 limitation, it means there is something they can't. Thus they are NOT omni. thats it. Your limited omni are no different from NOT omni. Either omni or not omni. There is nothing else.

MM or even beyonder CAN'T do just ANYTHING with power below them. For example they can't make those weaker people omnipotent.

And since they are retconed thus they were never that powerful in the first place. Beyonder was never a supreme being.

Obviously.

My point is discussing the title of this thread, which is "nigh omnipotent," a phrase which I am trying to point out is not a good phrase.