Most Powerful comic book character bracket: Round 3 Fight 1: Mister Majestic vs Thor(OF)

• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Poll Most Powerful comic book character bracket: Round 3 Fight 1: Mister Majestic vs Thor(OF) (107 votes)

Mister Majestic 59%
Thor(OF) 41%

I've decided to do a 64 man bracket for the most powerful comic characters ever, you know with March Madness and bracket mania just ending. These 64 contenders are the 64 most powerful characters in my opinion, in both showings and power(so I apologize if I missed one of your favorite characters, or someone who actually deserved to be here). I will be using a elimination style bracket through the polls, so vote so your pick can get through. There maybe some people that don't belong due to their power set, but since they make great use of prep time, they can go up against the best of them.

Rules

• No Omnipotent characters or God like characters(there will be gods i.e. Thor, Darkseid, Ares, but no God-like characters, such as TOAA, Living Tribunal, Spectre etc.)
  • No reality warpers(they may posses limited reality warping, but none that could put them on the level of TOAA, or even guys like Molecule Man, Beyonder, Mr. Mxzyptlk, etc.)
  • Round 2 will receive 4 day prep(no outside help though)
  • Round 1 winner will receive a 2 day resting period to recovering from damage
  • No BFR
  • Bloodlusted
  • Morals off
  • Speedblitzing allowed(but please, if you use this to win, at least provide a valid point and feat, and why the other guy can't tag/respond to the blitzer)
  • Standard gear
  • fight takes place in empty asgard
  • start 600 feet away from each other.
  • These rules apply to every combatant, except for BFR in the case both fighters can fly
  • To the death/KO

(Posses GL Ring and Blades)

(OF and Belt of Strength)

• 
XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By XiiX
@ssj_god said:

@xiix:

this scan .. i do have in possession .. :) .. and this is a great one .. though it does not have the 'showing' of faster thought process..

..............................................Superman is literally forming a thought after having "sped up his senses to where the whole world has frozen in place", to equalize the character you more or less thought the ability was exclusive to. I don't even.....................................................

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By pikachumonster
ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By ssj_god

@xiix said:
@ssj_god said:

@xiix:

this scan .. i do have in possession .. :) .. and this is a great one .. though it does not have the 'showing' of faster thought process..

..............................................Superman is literally forming a thought after having "sped up his senses to where the whole world has frozen in place". I don't even.....................................................

that is what i'm actually saying .. traveling at light speed means the whole world is actually frozen compared to you... and forming a thought during that means ............

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skyrobo1:

this .. and see the conversation afterwards

@ssj_god said:

actually i'm not being one sided .. i never give a biased opinion ...

what people didn't understand or said .. that .. majestic also needs to think before speed blitzing..

1) so .. majestic thinks about speedblitzing .. thor thinks about time freeze .. majestic goes for speedblitz and thor goes for time freeze at the same time....

result: majestic freezes in time

2) if someone say majestic speedblitz without thinking, same can be said about thor, he time freeze without thinking

result: majestic freezes in time again.

no one can say or prove majestic thinks faster than thor u know.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By XiiX

@ssj_god: I'm not talking about the actual formation of an impulsive-thought. I mean the course in which they'd be able to function as if it were normal. A vehicle/mode of transportation is not an accurate representation for obvious reasons.

Otherwise these guys would be real life bullet-timers, and capably side-step everything around or below that speed.

And this may come as a shock to you; but they're not, and they can't.

SkyRobo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god said:

@skyrobo1:

this .. and see the conversation afterwards

@ssj_god said:

actually i'm not being one sided .. i never give a biased opinion ...

what people didn't understand or said .. that .. majestic also needs to think before speed blitzing..

1) so .. majestic thinks about speedblitzing .. thor thinks about time freeze .. majestic goes for speedblitz and thor goes for time freeze at the same time....

result: majestic freezes in time

2) if someone say majestic speedblitz without thinking, same can be said about thor, he time freeze without thinking

result: majestic freezes in time again.

no one can say or prove majestic thinks faster than thor u know.

This would only work if Thor's time manipulation powers is an instant cast and not like his other powers i.e Godblast where he needs time to summon it. Another problem is during Thor:Disassembled when he was fighting against wolverine he got his hand or was it arm cut off and this was him still amped with the OF (Which again shows his unimproved reaction speed)

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By XiiX
@ssj_god said:

that is what i'm actually saying .. traveling at light speed means the whole world is actually frozen compared to you... and forming a thought during that means ............

That's in large part the problem: you're thinking about how it would have to practically be applied to the real world. The writers don't keep such things in mind(in large part), and actually often make a distinction between the two.

That's also why Superman's reaction/fighting speed isn't as fast as his travel speed.

Just because he navigates at those speeds, doesn't mean he can fight at them, and just like Lobo, Thor, and others has NEVER been portrayed as doing so(that is, fighting at speeds they're perfectly capable of traveling at).

Don't like it? Become a writer, and write 'em differently.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By ssj_god

@xiix:

and this may shock you .. ability and speed of thought process is not equal to body actually permitting to work at that speed

here .. this might give you idea what i was talking about thinking at light speed.

here ego the living planet moving on hyperspace (i.e over few times speed of light) .. see how thor spots him (spotting a character moving at that speed is some thought process speed i guess).. interacts with him at that speed with relative ease..

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

but these type of explanation really doesn't stand a chance in a debate here :D

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skyrobo1:

it do not require charging like godblast.... and as they attack at the same time as i explained... reaction time won't really come to play here.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By XiiX

@ssj_god said:

@xiix:

and this may shock you .. ability and speed of thought process is not equal to body actually permitting to work at that speed

THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING THE ENTIRE TIME.

Hence why nothing has come of those formerly requested scans of Thor or Lobo doing anything other than NAVIGATING/TRAVELING at those speeds(several times faster than light).

Because that's the only thing they can do at those speeds: NAVIGATE.

Not fight, or conceive, start to build, then remodel an intricate piece of tech.

Blame the writers that the disparity is simply so striking in Thor's case.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By ssj_god

@xiix said:

@ssj_god said:

@xiix:

THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING THE ENTIRE TIME.

Hence why nothing has come of those formerly requested scans of Thor or Lobo doing anything other than NAVIGATING/TRAVELING at those speeds(several times faster than light).

Because that's the only thing they can do at those speeds: NAVIGATE.

Blame the writers.

bro .. we were talking about thought speed here (navigating or thinking at that speed indicates thought speed) .. not reaction speed .. this is as the same it was .. mr. majestic and thor has same thought speed .. not reaction speed (i never said they had same reaction speed)

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikachumonster:

yeah .. i do say things with reason .. and when ever i see flaws in my reason .. i'm man enough to admit that .. but that is not the case here.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By XiiX

@ssj_god: As I said: Feel free to prove Thor's "thought-speed" helping him in combat against anyone of Majestic's quickness(who's capable of lopping his head off).

Showing him running from Ego in hyperspace isn't topical.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix:

and as i said .. we can't prove anyone of those two thinks faster than a normal character here in vine..

it was great talking with u.. u really made my time a little worth .. as other threads were a little... dead :D

signing out . seeya later :)

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: Haha. Thanks for helping me kill some time as well.

See you around, man.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel a bit slow here.. So we can't compare because we're on the vine? As in a bias?

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikachumonster: Pretty much. That there's a perpetual dogma in regards to what is an isn't acceptable as "relevant reactionary speed".

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god said:

@xiix:

here .. this might give you idea what i was talking about thinking at light speed.

here ego the living planet moving on hyperspace (i.e over few times speed of light) .. see how thor spots him (spotting a character moving at that speed is some thought process speed i guess).. interacts with him at that speed with relative ease..

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

but these type of explanation really doesn't stand a chance in a debate here :D

This is incorrect. Thor himself is also moving incredibly quickly here.

You yourself can't react to a bullet, can you? You can't think fast enough to do something before an already fired bullet hits you. But if I fired a bullet and then put you in a car that was going just as fast as that bullet, and put the two side by side as they traveled, you'd be able to see the bullet moving in midair even though you normally can't. This is called a frame of reference. From Thor's frame of reference, when they're both travelling through hyperspace at FTL speeds, Ego doesn't appear to be moving fast at all because they're going in the same direction.

If Thor was already in the process of moving FTL in the same direction at the same time Majestic was moving, he'd be able to react to him until Majestic changed direction relative to Thor's frame of reference. This is irrelevant as neither combatant starts this fight off while moving. It takes Thor atleast a microsecond, if we're being generous, to process a thought. Within that span of time, not only could Majestic blitz him, Majestic could literally create a spaceship that fast and then crash it into Thor's face before Thor can think. Even though they START at the same time, they do not think at the same speeds, so Thor doesn't get to act at the same time that Majestic does.

It's like a real life quickdraw. If someone can react a thousand times faster than the person they're drawing against, they'll have fired the shot before the other person moves even though they start thinking at the same time. You're creating a completely absurd scenario in which reaction time and thinking speed are irrelevant because that's the only way you can think of to have Thor win and that is your goal.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought this match up would be locked or something as Majestic already won

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#122  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

Thought this match up would be locked or something as Majestic already won

He did, but I forgot to get someone to lock it.

@god_spawn@saren