• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2766 posts) 2 months, 13 days ago

Poll: Most Powerful comic book character bracket: Round 3 Fight 1: Mister Majestic vs Thor(OF) (104 votes)

Mister Majestic 59%
Thor(OF) 41%

I've decided to do a 64 man bracket for the most powerful comic characters ever, you know with March Madness and bracket mania just ending. These 64 contenders are the 64 most powerful characters in my opinion, in both showings and power(so I apologize if I missed one of your favorite characters, or someone who actually deserved to be here). I will be using a elimination style bracket through the polls, so vote so your pick can get through. There maybe some people that don't belong due to their power set, but since they make great use of prep time, they can go up against the best of them.

Rules

• No Omnipotent characters or God like characters(there will be gods i.e. Thor, Darkseid, Ares, but no God-like characters, such as TOAA, Living Tribunal, Spectre etc.)
  • No reality warpers(they may posses limited reality warping, but none that could put them on the level of TOAA, or even guys like Molecule Man, Beyonder, Mr. Mxzyptlk, etc.)
  • Round 2 will receive 4 day prep(no outside help though)
  • Round 1 winner will receive a 2 day resting period to recovering from damage
  • No BFR
  • Bloodlusted
  • Morals off
  • Speedblitzing allowed(but please, if you use this to win, at least provide a valid point and feat, and why the other guy can't tag/respond to the blitzer)
  • Standard gear
  • fight takes place in empty asgard
  • start 600 feet away from each other.
  • These rules apply to every combatant, except for BFR in the case both fighters can fly
  • To the death/KO

(Posses GL Ring and Blades)

(OF and Belt of Strength)

#51 Posted by reaverlation (13861 posts) - - Show Bio

@jbourne_32: Doesn't prevent him from getting his head taken off

#52 Edited by Jbourne_32 (918 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix said:

@jbourne_32: And they keep him from getting cut in half......................................how?

Well Thor was able to pull two nukes out of his chest with OF. In warrior madness he tagged Silver Surfer. Belt of Strength amps his strength by ten

Edit: He tanked shots from Galactus without any amps either

#53 Edited by XiiX (7414 posts) - - Show Bio

@jbourne_32: The creation-blades cut virtually through anything. And I don't mean 'anything' in the sense of Wolverine's claws, I mean 'anything' as in cosmic-tier threat 'anything'. Spiderman, Daredevil, Rhino, and Black Panther have tagged Silver Surfer too. Strength has nothing to do with durability, which the blades render inconsequential anyway.

Galactus isn't at a consistent power-level. The creation-blades consistently cut the sh!t out of anything/everything. And besides, honestly? We're even going to mention a character who's tussled with Celestials, and fought abstract-level threats not one-shotting any version of Thor as anything other than PIS? Really???

No offense intended, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume you don't really know about Majestic(or his blades).

#54 Posted by Devil_Driver (112 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless Thors Odin Force Amp boosts his speed/reaction time to a significant degree, this is a repeat of the Thanos thread until someone makes a convincing argument otherwise. As XiiX stated the blades are perfectly capable of carving Thor up. Also what is this Warriors Madness stuff? is it some amp he gets from being angry?

#55 Edited by Jbourne_32 (918 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix said:

@jbourne_32: The creation-blades cut virtually through anything. And I don't mean 'anything' in the sense of Wolverine's claws, I mean 'anything' as in cosmic-tier threat 'anything'. Spiderman, Daredevil, Rhino, and Black Panther have tagged Silver Surfer too. Strength has nothing to do with durability, which the blades render inconsequential anyway.

Galactus isn't at a consistent power-level. The creation-blades consistently cut the sh!t out of anything/everything. And besides, honestly? We're even going to mention a character who's tussled with Celestials, and fought abstract-level threats not one-shotting any version of Thor as anything other than PIS? Really???

No offense intended, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume you don't really know about Majestic(or his blades).

Maybe I should of mentioned this earlier but Odin Force makes Thor omnipotent as in you cannot really cut his head off because he is everywhere so you would simply be destroying part of his essence. And yes I did not know anything about the Creation blades but its not that complicated.

@devil_driver Yeah he has ten times all of his original stats

#56 Edited by XiiX (7414 posts) - - Show Bio

@jbourne_32: That's a blatant(not saying intentional) falsehood. The Odin-force has never made one omnipotent. Very powerful? Yes. NEVER anything close to omnipotent. And yes, they can die. Now I'm skeptical that you've actually read anything with the Odin-force too. And you're thinking of "omnipresent", not omnipotent(which doesn't matter, because the Odin-force grants neither).

You're right. It isn't complicated at all: Majestic's way faster and can cut his head off. They've already carved into someone arguably nigh-omnipotent.

If you're referring to warrior-madness, I believe it's "10x his original strength", not his other attributes. It doesn't help him here.

#57 Posted by Devil_Driver (112 posts) - - Show Bio

Feels like this battle has almost been forgotten about, I still haven't seen a compelling argument for Thor and yet he is leading the poll.

#58 Posted by MisterWhisper (1810 posts) - - Show Bio

Feels like this battle has almost been forgotten about, I still haven't seen a compelling argument for Thor and yet he is leading the poll.

Popularity.

Thor has no chance here.

If Thor had a chance to fight he would win, too bad as soon as the fight starts, before he even thinks of doing something, he is dead.

#60 Posted by Devil_Driver (112 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterwhisper Yes but Thanos had a popularity edge for some time in Majestics last battle, I am just hoping the vote will get straightened out before the battle ends.

#61 Posted by homicidalmaniac (6642 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder Majestic with CB is going to win a majority vote against Odin (or Galactus) in a potential future thread in vine

#62 Posted by DarthAznable (5781 posts) - - Show Bio

#63 Edited by Devil_Driver (112 posts) - - Show Bio

Imagine what Majestic can do with Kyles ring, the belt of strength, and his blades all together, scary stuff :O

#64 Posted by MisterWhisper (1810 posts) - - Show Bio

Imagine what Majestic can do with Kyles ring, the belt of strength, and his blades all together, scary stuff :O

The belt will not make much difference, and honesty the ring does not add a lot. More than likely people will be dead by the blades before the ring even matters, might give him better defense, but at his speed he most likely will not need it.

#65 Edited by Experio (14100 posts) - - Show Bio

OF Thor. The power ups are unnecessary

#66 Edited by XiiX (7414 posts) - - Show Bio
#67 Posted by Devil_Driver (112 posts) - - Show Bio

The belt will not make much difference, and honesty the ring does not add a lot. More than likely people will be dead by the blades before the ring even matters, might give him better defense, but at his speed he most likely will not need it.

For battles like this that may be true, but if he gets matched against say Superman their speed isn't far enough apart where it will be as easy as it has been for Majestros, anything that gives him more options is better the higher he goes up the ladder.

#68 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's funny that there are complaints about one character speed blitzing while those same people support Thor stopping time when it basically amounts to the same thing. They don't want Majestic to attack while Thor can't respond, but they think its ok for Thor to do it. Several posts take the stance that Majestic simply fighting faster when bloodlusted is a much more reasonable thing than Thor fighting with rarely-used powers when bloodlusted, and I'm in line with those thoughts.

#69 Posted by lol (3994 posts) - - Show Bio
#70 Posted by CaptnMcDeadpool (947 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay. So after my last conversation with Buckshot, I'll soon be submitting my comic order for Majestic (and Wildcats and such...). So, I have yet to make a very educated statement about this proposed battle. The feats I was referred to, left me a little wanting (as regards Majestic), but based on what I saw, presentation of this character alone indicates him as a large fraction of the speed of light in terms of reaction speed. Thor's best feats place him at around a "bullet timer", so he's fast....but not Majestic fast.

Now, under normal circumstances, I would lean heavily toward an Odin force, belt of strength Thor. Anyone that wants to do the diligence on Odin force Thor, I highly suggest "The Reigning". Issue 560ish or thereabouts on into like 573. Thor actually acquires the Odin force at 540. Thor at his finest in terms of power (aside from RKT). Time stops. Decapitating the Destroyer...occupied by Desak no less. Shrugging of a nuclear explosion, at point blank range, no less...or, swallowing one up with a vortex a la Mjolnir...good times.

However, if the creation blades are as sharp as some are suggesting and Majestic is indeed as fast as he appears to be reaction wise....in a random encounter, I give this to Majestic. With prep? Becomes a little murkier to me, as I know Majestic has a genius level IQ...however, prep also mean, force shields are up for Thor and/or time can be stopped. If time is stopped....this would make Majestic appear to be moving at very slow speeds. Not sure how Majestic wins in that instance.

#71 Posted by Jacthripper (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

Majestic wins, he'll probably make it to final four, then IMO get beat by runner with Destroyer Armor and Stormbreaker.

#72 Posted by Devil_Driver (112 posts) - - Show Bio

If this runner guy is nearly as powerful as I have seen from doing some quick reading on the vine how is he even in this tournament? doesn't he have the space gem? and giving him destroyer armor and stormbreaker on top of that? seems like theres no need to do the rest of the fights if this guy is in the tournament.

#73 Posted by Frozen (10830 posts) - - Show Bio

How is Thor winning?

Honestly, OF Thor is incredibly overpowered.

#74 Posted by reaverlation (13861 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: Odin Force Thor, though very powerful, will not be able to stop the creation blades from taking his head off

#75 Posted by termiteone4ever (6985 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor Dies lol

Slow thor with all his strength is worth less here lol ten times the strength lol he may be on mag level of strength then lol .

Its like wolverine all over again lol but worse lol poor thor.

#76 Posted by ssj_god (3917 posts) - - Show Bio
#77 Posted by pikachumonster (3100 posts) - - Show Bio
#78 Posted by ssj_god (3917 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikachumonster:

i read .. still doesn't change that majestic doesn't have counter for time manipulation

#79 Posted by pikachumonster (3100 posts) - - Show Bio
#80 Posted by ssj_god (3917 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikachumonster:

actually i'm not being one sided .. i never give a biased opinion ...

what people didn't understand or said .. that .. majestic also needs to think before speed blitzing..

1) so .. majestic thinks about speedblitzing .. thor thinks about time freeze .. majestic goes for speedblitz and thor goes for time freeze at the same time....

result: majestic freezes in time

2) if someone say majestic speedblitz without thinking, same can be said about thor, he time freeze without thinking

result: majestic freezes in time again.

no one can say or prove majestic thinks faster than thor u know.

#81 Posted by pikachumonster (3100 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssj_god: Thor is not reacting faster than Majestic...

#82 Posted by ssj_god (3917 posts) - - Show Bio

@pikachumonster:

where is reaction coming here?.. they are going for the attack at the same time

#83 Edited by Dredeuced (5305 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssj_god said:

@pikachumonster:

I don't think you understand. To think you have to be able to react. Majestic can process thoughts in less than a nanosecond. He necessarily thinks much faster than Thor and would be able to come up with a complex plan before Thor could process a thought. It would take Thor, even at his best, a microsecond to come up with the thought to freeze Majestic in time, which gives Majestic plenty of time to kill him.

That said, when has Thor frozen time? And how can he freeze time without thinking?

Majestic can speed blitz because he can think and move faster than Thor can process a thought. You seem to be under the assumption that every character in fiction thinks at the same speed, but they do not. Majestic has massively faster thinking speed.

Let me phrase it to you this way: Majestic can cover the distance between himself and Thor in less than a nanosecond. Do you think Thor can think fast enough to use his powers? If so, I would like you to show me Thor thinking of something in less than a nanosecond.

#84 Posted by ssj_god (3917 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssj_god said:

@pikachumonster:

I don't think you understand. To think you have to be able to react. Majestic can process thoughts in less than a nanosecond. He necessarily thinks much faster than Thor and would be able to come up with a complex plan before Thor could process a thought. It would take Thor, even at his best, a microsecond to come up with the thought to freeze Majestic in time, which gives Majestic plenty of time to kill him.

That said, when has Thor frozen time? And how can he freeze time without thinking?

Majestic can speed blitz because he can think and move faster than Thor can process a thought. You seem to be under the assumption that every character in fiction thinks at the same speed, but they do not. Majestic has massively faster thinking speed.

Let me phrase it to you this way: Majestic can cover the distance between himself and Thor in less than a nanosecond. Do you think Thor can think fast enough to use his powers? If so, I would like you to show me Thor thinking of something in less than a nanosecond.

u see .. this is where i differ from others ... can u show anything about majestic's thinking speed? . only flash and some telepath's were actually shown to be able to think faster than others

#85 Edited by XiiX (7414 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssj_god said:

can u show anything about majestic's thinking speed? . only flash and some telepath's were actually shown to be able to think faster than others

There you go. It's odd how people continually debate against characters they don't even really know the capabilities of.

#86 Posted by XiiX (7414 posts) - - Show Bio
#87 Edited by ssj_god (3917 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix:

bro .. i know that picture .. it does not say how fast he thinks .. it says how fast he's able to build the machine which he had in mind.. and that is a physical speed not a mental speed.

i only say about characters i know .. i never go saying against character i have no idea about.

and yes .. flash was shown to think faster than others

#88 Posted by XiiX (7414 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssj_god: He was building a complex piece of technology. If you don't think that requires thinking in conjunction with moving, I just don't know anymore...........

You said "ONLY flash and some telepaths were shown to be able to think faster than others".

That's not true.

#89 Edited by ssj_god (3917 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix:

bro .. i know that ..it requires processing speed .. but i don't think comic vine actually takes acount that kind of speed .. because on several occasions thor has been shown to see and recognize things while traveling over light speed with mjolnir .. as per that.. thor has processing speed faster than light itself .. but comic vine debates doesn't approve that kind of explanations and i don't think it ever will..

as i said in my previous comment .. i never give any biased opinion .. and always try to think by reasons .. if u think neutrally .. u will find no reason not to agree with me .. hell why would i be biased .. i'm not a specific fan of dc or marvel .. i just like some individual characters that's all :D .. i read more mangas than comics anyway :D

edit: ohh .. then i don't know who else were shown to think faster than others

#90 Edited by XiiX (7414 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssj_god: It's like comparing flying/navigating a jet-fighter to solving a rubik's cube at superhuman speed.

They're not even close to the same sort processing.

And Thor has been known to utilize hyper-space, so no. His processing speed need to be something special by default.

Otherwise you'd favor the argument that "Lobo MUST have several times faster than light reaction/mental-processing speed, because he pilots the Spazfrag".

It don't work that way, otherwise he'd be blitzing Superman and everyone short of The Flash with hardly any problems.

#91 Posted by XiiX (7414 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssj_god said:

@xiix:

Superman, for starters...................

#92 Edited by ssj_god (3917 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix:

u know how a normal person would see things if he travels several times faster than light? (just imagine that .. it's nothing like a jet plane) .. mjolnir actually goes faster than light (atleast 4 times faster).. he does not use hyper space jump all the time .. and yes he were shown to recognize things quite easily while going at that speed (was even shown to think things while going at that speed)..

as per common sense.. it would require faster processing speed than light.. (just like it would require fast processing speed to build that machine).. ohh and light speed > several nanosecond speed

but i learned comic vine debaters has long forgotten the term 'common sense' :D

#93 Posted by ssj_god (3917 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix said:

@ssj_god said:

@xiix:

Superman, for starters...................

he was .. that's great .. i often argue defending him (ohh yes i do a lot of that) .. can u please send anything supporting that? .. it'll add on to my scan collections

#94 Edited by XiiX (7414 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssj_god: Hey, feel free to show Thor using "faster than light processing speed" in a fight, and it'll bear relevance.

Otherwise feel free to go around claiming Lobo is the same. See how it works out for you.

#95 Edited by ssj_god (3917 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix:

i said u that didn't i .. that wont stand a second in a debate in comic vine .. just like that majestic scan wont .. :D

comic vine debate really don't go by common sense :D

and i do not take side for anyone .. if lobo was shown to think and recognize things while going above lightspeed . then yeah .. common sense says he should have the same :)

u don't get it .. i really don't support dc or marvel in particular .. and i guess i am among those rare breeds who defends thor and superman both (yeah .. that is a rare breed in comic vine) :D

#96 Edited by XiiX (7414 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssj_god: I can't find the scan(though it shouldn't be hard to find here), but there's one of The Flash, Superman, Martian-Manhunter and Wonder-Woman conducting a conversation/formulating an escape plan from captivity in the span of 1 second.

And of course everyone's seen this. He's also applied such technical applications as targeting pressure-points at super-speed(which obviously requires a devout thinking process).

#97 Posted by SkyRobo1 (276 posts) - - Show Bio

The Odinforce gives Thor a huge amount of power including the ability to stop time but it actually doesn't make him faster, and only RKT had a close power to Omniscience so if Majestic has a universal level weapon and has nanosecond reaction as most are indicating then I can't see how he can win against Maj. I'm a fan of Thor but I just can't see it.

#98 Edited by XiiX (7414 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssj_god: Yep. So you're saying fighter-pilots have supersonic and Lobo has faster than light reactionary speeds(respectively) because they pilot their vehicles at those speeds.

Cause you know. Driving a car at 120 mph, and still being able to see things, means you can perfectly apply yourself, and by extension, the car at those speeds with pinpoint/normalized accuracy.

Sorry man.

We can't all be as sensible as you.

#99 Posted by ssj_god (3917 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix:

this scan .. i do have in possession .. :) .. and this is a great one .. though it does not have the 'showing' of faster thought process.. and i know some debaters who would not take anything into account if you do not 'show' things (i.e actively showing or writing of fast thinking speed).. even if they know that i'm telling the truth.. man .. i feel that is real rude and downplaying characters.

the other scan u told about .. i don't have that one

#100 Posted by ssj_god (3917 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix said:

@ssj_god: Yep. So you're saying fighter-pilots have supersonic and Lobo has faster than light reactionary speeds(respectively) because they pilot their vehicles at those speeds.

Cause you know. Driving a car at 120 mph, and still being able to see things, means you can perfectly apply yourself, and by extension, the car at those speeds with pinpoint/normalized accuracy.

Sorry man.

We can't all be as sensible as you.

bro .. our thought process is way over supersonic speed .. do you know that?