• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2827 posts) 4 months, 6 days ago

Poll: Most Powerful comic book character bracket: Round 3 Fight 1: Mister Majestic vs Thor(OF) (104 votes)

Mister Majestic 59%
Thor(OF) 41%

I've decided to do a 64 man bracket for the most powerful comic characters ever, you know with March Madness and bracket mania just ending. These 64 contenders are the 64 most powerful characters in my opinion, in both showings and power(so I apologize if I missed one of your favorite characters, or someone who actually deserved to be here). I will be using a elimination style bracket through the polls, so vote so your pick can get through. There maybe some people that don't belong due to their power set, but since they make great use of prep time, they can go up against the best of them.

Rules

• No Omnipotent characters or God like characters(there will be gods i.e. Thor, Darkseid, Ares, but no God-like characters, such as TOAA, Living Tribunal, Spectre etc.)
  • No reality warpers(they may posses limited reality warping, but none that could put them on the level of TOAA, or even guys like Molecule Man, Beyonder, Mr. Mxzyptlk, etc.)
  • Round 2 will receive 4 day prep(no outside help though)
  • Round 1 winner will receive a 2 day resting period to recovering from damage
  • No BFR
  • Bloodlusted
  • Morals off
  • Speedblitzing allowed(but please, if you use this to win, at least provide a valid point and feat, and why the other guy can't tag/respond to the blitzer)
  • Standard gear
  • fight takes place in empty asgard
  • start 600 feet away from each other.
  • These rules apply to every combatant, except for BFR in the case both fighters can fly
  • To the death/KO

(Posses GL Ring and Blades)

(OF and Belt of Strength)

#1 Edited by reaverlation (15837 posts) - - Show Bio

Majestic takes off his head

Majestic with the creation blades,kyle's ring,Odin Force,and belt of strength?!Jesus...

#2 Edited by pikachumonster (3100 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, this battle was bound to happen thanks to Thanos vs Majestic.

#3 Edited by dondave (37299 posts) - - Show Bio

Creation Blades ftw

#4 Edited by TheSacredOneWithin (441 posts) - - Show Bio

TRION JUGGERNAUT-

Slays everyone and everything.

#5 Posted by Superman19 (160 posts) - - Show Bio

Majestic

#6 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2827 posts) - - Show Bio

Majestic takes off his head

Majestic with the creation blades,kyle's ring,Odin Force,and belt of strength?!Jesus...

He will be receiving the belt of strength, but not the Odin Force.

#7 Edited by Hulkman123 (1706 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor freezes time. I want to hear a counter for this one.

#8 Posted by eternityx (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's time manipulation gives him an easy win IMO.

#9 Edited by TheKing47 (961 posts) - - Show Bio

Time manipulation is a very interesting point. If Thor can use it fast enough, then this is a mismatch. However, I'll remain neutral for the minute.

#10 Posted by dondave (37299 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor would need to think to manipulate time.

Majestic is faster than that.

#11 Posted by pikachumonster (3100 posts) - - Show Bio

lol time control.

#12 Posted by TheKing47 (961 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#13 Posted by reaverlation (15837 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Majestic

#14 Posted by BeaconofStrength (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not touching this thread with a mile long pole.

#15 Posted by kidman560 (7577 posts) - - Show Bio

im considering adopting this strategy also

#16 Edited by XiiX (8189 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternityx: @hulkman123: Can't conceive the thought to mainpulate time without a head. Which, given that they're bloodlusted, pretty much guarantees Thor gets dismembered at speeds faster than he can react to. It's pretty simple.

#17 Posted by Dredeuced (5534 posts) - - Show Bio

Majestic can blitz in a nanosecond, Thor can't do anything in a nanosecond, Thor doesn't have a head or powers as soon as the Creation Blades cut him.

Welcome to universal level killing weapons.

#18 Edited by XiiX (8189 posts) - - Show Bio

@beaconofstrength said:

@kidman560 said:

@beaconofstrength said:

im considering adopting this strategy also

Nothing to really touch or otherwise consider. It's as simple as which character you think can connect a hit/offense on the other one first. Because basically whoever gets the first move here, wins.

#19 Edited by Petey_is_Spidey (2827 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump, need tie breaker.

#20 Posted by reaverlation (15837 posts) - - Show Bio

Majestic can blitz in a nanosecond, Thor can't do anything in a nanosecond, Thor doesn't have a head or powers as soon as the Creation Blades cut him.

Welcome to universal level killing weapons.

Lol.

I have a feeling this battle will be just like the Thanos vs Majestic thread (No!)

#21 Edited by Dredeuced (5534 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey said:

Bump, need tie breaker.

This fight shouldn't even be close. Thor's only getting votes out of popularity, unless someone can show me Thor reacting at the nanosecond range.

#22 Posted by Devil_Driver (112 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to know about Odin Force Thor before making a vote, right now I am leaning towards Majestros for the same reason I did in the Thanos battle, the speed advantage. However now he also has Kyles ring and with an intellect like his just imagine what he could do with that thing. Does anyone have a link to some of Odin Force Thor's feats?

#23 Edited by XiiX (8189 posts) - - Show Bio

@devil_driver: Relaying it as basically as I can, it's Thor with Odin's power, who doesn't have feats with it nearly as high.

So basically an amped Thor where he's roughly sky-father level(if you use that as a metric of power) VS Majestic who's blades have cut through a roughly/arguably universal level being and has far superior speed. So................

#24 Posted by Devil_Driver (112 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah well that being the case I am going to side with Majestros once again, if this version of Thor isn't bringing anything to the table that Thanos couldn't I don't see how he could win, thanks for the heads up XiiX

#25 Edited by I2edShift (70 posts) - - Show Bio

What about the Gauntlets of Ogre Power?

EDIT: Having the winner gain the losers items is just whack. Basically once the winner defeats a few key opponents, the whole bracket is toast.

#26 Posted by Devil_Driver (112 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor doesn't have them in this battle, he has the belt of strength and Odin Force.

#27 Posted by Jbourne_32 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor doesn't have them in this battle, he has the belt of strength and Odin Force.

And warrior madness because its blood lusted

#28 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

Some how I knew this tournament would just turn into who can speeeeeeeed blitz fast enough!!!!! *Sigh*

OF Thor stops time, hammers Majectic's head into paste.

#29 Posted by Kingant27 (4915 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor time manipulation makes it almost a mismatch, depending on the starting distance as Majestic could get the drop on him if they are close by.

Also what level characters do people think Mr Majestic loses to, as people are making him seem invincible with creation Blades; despite there universal power.

#30 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2827 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor time manipulation makes it almost a mismatch, depending on the starting distance as Majestic could get the drop on him if they are close by.

Also what level characters do people think Mr Majestic loses to, as people are making him seem invincible with creation Blades; despite there universal power.

Sorry I didn't mention the starting distance earlier. It's about 600 yards from each other.

#31 Posted by XiiX (8189 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by New_World_Order (13182 posts) - - Show Bio

Just because a character is insanely fast, doesn't mean a speed-blitz has to always be the first option.

#33 Posted by Dextersinister (6116 posts) - - Show Bio

Just because a character is insanely fast, doesn't mean a speed-blitz has to always be the first option.

People are assuming that Thors first option will be to time stop, it never has been, it will be to enter melee because that is what he heavily favours in character never mind being bloodlusted.

#34 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17408 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister said:

@New_World_Order said:

People are assuming that Thors first option will be to time stop, it never has been, it will be to enter melee because that is what he heavily favours in character never mind being bloodlusted.

People don't take either of that into account for either side.

They vote for the character based on their affiliations to DC or Marvel.

And Thor overall is a more popular character. Hence he wins.

#35 Posted by New_World_Order (13182 posts) - - Show Bio

@New_World_Order said:

I know

#36 Edited by Dredeuced (5534 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar said:

Some how I knew this tournament would just turn into who can speeeeeeeed blitz fast enough!!!!! *Sigh*

Just because you dislike the term doesn't mean it's wrong. How the hell does Thor stop time if his head's lopped off before he can think?

PS: to all those saying "Speed blitz isn't always what happens." You must not have read anything with Majestic. The dude blitzes people all the time. The only time he had the creation blades he specifically blitzed Tao so Tao couldn't, you know, abuse his very powerful reality warping powers on Majestic. What makes OF Thor so special that Majestic, while bloodlusted, wouldn't speed blitz?

#37 Edited by jashro44 (21532 posts) - - Show Bio

Just to quote buckshot because this probably explains best why speedblitz is an easy win a lot of the times:

I didn't say he was "only" good if he can attack before others react, just that it's something he can do which allows him to hit outside of his league. Being able to attack first with overwhelming force gives ANYONE a huge advantage, it's just that Flash does it better than pretty much everyone else. As for your statement that he's overrated as the most powerful being in comics, that's severely misunderstanding things. I also mentioned that he beats people as powerful or more powerful than himself because he can attack first. Who's more powerful, a guy with a gun or a guy that can set off a nuke in 10 seconds? The guy with the nuke, of course, but if the guy with the gun can kill the guy with the nuke before he can employ his greater power, then his power, while still greater, is meaningless.

Majestic is the guy with the gun in this setup and thor is the guy with the nuke basically.

#38 Posted by Dextersinister (6116 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister said:

@New_World_Order said:

If my claim is false then dispute it, don't bash it because you have nothing worthwhile to add.

#39 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17408 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@dextersinister said:

@New_World_Order said:

If my claim is false then dispute it, don't bash it because you have nothing worthwhile to add.

I don't really know where you got me bashing you in that, but ok.

In fact, I was probably agreeing you.

I was merely point out, your point and the other guys, both valid, really don't matter unfortunately.

#40 Posted by Dextersinister (6116 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Edited by XiiX (8189 posts) - - Show Bio

People that b!tch about "speed-blitzing not being something normally done", probably didn't even notice the combatants are bloodlusted. I'd honestly say it's more of a stretch to assume Thor while bloodlusted will use one of his more obscure abilities(again, bloodlusted doesn't necessitate "out of character", not that it would be for Majestic anyway) as opposed to Mr. Majestic while bloodlusted trying to cut someone's head off as quickly and viciously as he could. Especially considering he'd have few qualms doing so even if he wasn't bloodlusted.

Whining about speed-blitz isn't an argument. It's just that: Whining. That, and it wouldn't even be a blitz, because Majestic would only need 1 shot.

It's like trying to make the case that Thor'll use soul-absorption or god-blast as likely as Flash will run really fast and punch someone in the face. It's just not accurate.

#42 Posted by Devil_Driver (112 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Majestic would lose against Thanos based purely on popularity because it seemed that way at the time early in the battle, then Majestic made a comeback he shouldn't have had to make to begin with. Majestic does seem to use speed blitz regularly enough for it to be a go to tactic, with the two starting so close to one another it is a valid argument, however I would like to see a reasoned argument made where an actual battle takes place before either of the two just resort to their most powerful abilities, and that is where I feel having these fights Bloodlusted is just very limiting for the sake of debate which is why these simplistic x stomps y because of speed/strength/etc arguments happen so often.

I still don't have a good grasp of what OF Thor can do, but for clarificaton I found this description of Odin Force Thor in a respect thread here and would like to know if it is accurate from a more knowledgeable member.

Odin Force/Thorforce: The Odin Force (or rather Thor Force) enables him to tap into the practically infinite resources of cosmic and mystical energies of the dimension Asgard exists within, enhancing all of his abilities in turn. The sum total of Odin's power as the king of Asgard plus the power of his brothers Vili and Ve, as well as his own, which made Thor effectively omnipotent. The Odin Force significantly increased Thor's powers as well as giving him greater abilities than his father Odin and the previous Asgardian sky fathers possessed. While barely tapping into the limitless powers of his vast magical power, Thor easily disintegrating Captain America's shield with simply a look, easily teleporting Asgard into the skies above new York City, able to recreate the moon after it was destroyed in a battle with him and a powerful entity, will Mangog into nothingness, decapitate a Desak-occupied Destroyer by focusing a portion of his power into one Mjolnir hurl, and easily conquer all of Earth, and defeat all of its inhabitants such as the Sorcerer Supreme Dr. Strange. According to the avatar of the Odin Force, Thor recreating celestial bodies and his other accomplishments during his time on Earth were nothing but minimal compared to the Odin Force's limitless power,After his rebirth, Thor possessed only a tiny portion of the seemingly infinite power source that is the Odin Force which he used in the fight where he killed Odin's father Bor, and now that is imbued in Mjolnir.

#43 Posted by XiiX (8189 posts) - - Show Bio

@devil_driver: And for the record(and a sense of perspective) most would say Thanos would take a majority over Thor(with the Odin-force). Even those that wouldn't agree, would cop to it being a pretty even match.

#44 Posted by Wolverine08 (42134 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix said:

People that b!tch about "speed-blitzing not being something normally done", probably didn't even notice the combatants are bloodlusted. I'd honestly say it's more of a stretch to assume Thor while bloodlusted will use one of his more obscure abilities(again, bloodlusted doesn't necessitate "out of character", not that it would be for Majestic anyway) as opposed to Mr. Majestic while bloodlusted trying to cut someone's head off as quickly and viciously as he could. Especially considering he'd have few qualms doing so even if he wasn't bloodlusted.

Whining about speed-blitz isn't an argument. It's just that: Whining. That, and it wouldn't even be a blitz, because Majestic would only need 1 shot.

It's like trying to make the case that Thor'll use soul-absorption or god-blast as likely as Flash will run really fast and punch someone in the face. It's just not accurate.

#Hater

#45 Posted by reaverlation (15837 posts) - - Show Bio

How is Thor winning?

#46 Posted by BeaconofStrength (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

@reaverlation: Same reason Silver Surfer is winning in the other bracket.

#47 Posted by Devil_Driver (112 posts) - - Show Bio

If he cannot take Thanos or at best Stalemate him, how is he going to beat Majestros with the creation blades and Kyles ring? I really hope someone makes a compelling argument for Thor even just as a starting point for discussion, so far it's just been he stops time, but if we go with Majestros blitz vs the time it will take Thor to stop time then this will end the same way it did for Thanos, and Majestros will move on with the belt of strength and a green lantern ring which would be rediculous lol

#48 Edited by XiiX (8189 posts) - - Show Bio

@devil_driver: That, and the stipulation is "bloodlusted", not "out of character". The former implies they would fight how they usually do, but at full force or with the intent on killing, while the latter implies just that:exercising offensive options they normally wouldn't/don't.

In short; They're not going to be doing something they're unlikely to do, and Thor has done it(stopped time) a hot.......2 times I think, and once was an alternate Thor, I believe, who basically had no compunction about killing and still managed to get put into a vulnerable enough position where he was, yes.................dismembered. Specifically, had his arm lopped off. As I said, it was circumstantial, but it's never been an option of Thor's(empowered by the Odin-force, or otherwise) exercised as some sort of "insta-win"(when used at all).

#49 Posted by Jbourne_32 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

How is Thor winning?

Too many amps Odin Force + Belt of Strength + Warrior Madness= Lots of Power

#50 Posted by XiiX (8189 posts) - - Show Bio

@jbourne_32: And they keep him from getting cut in half......................................how?